[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Sci/med question, backdoor edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
How clinically-useful is the rectal exam in asymptomatic patients, or as a regular screening tool? The guidelines keep reducing its recommended usage. Have doctors been needlessly fingering people's asses for decades?
>>
>>7789508
>How clinically-useful is the rectal exam in asymptomatic patients

Quite small in asymptomatic younger patients.

In older patients ~50% of rectal cancers can be palpated. Also prostate cancers can be palpated.
>>
>>7789508
>Have doctors been needlessly fingering people's asses for decades?

not needlessly, for pleasure
>>
>>7789508
I'd love for someone to massage my prostate to be honest family
>>
What do I do if I can't get any pleasure from sticking my finger up my butt?
>>
>>7790884
I don't know man I also get no pleasure from it yet a lot of guys swear by it
>>
>>7790907
>>7790884
do you just stick your finger up your butt or do you actually look for the sweet spot?
>>
>>7790840
Prostate MASSES and prostate swelling can be palpated once they get to a certain point, but isn't the evidence that aggressive traditional "intervention"/biopsies may just be spreading malignancies around?
>>
>>7791287
>>7790907
>>7790884
kill yourself
>>
>>7791652
is there a valid reason to?
>>
>>7789508
doctors can detect if something is wrong with your prostate just by touching it

a healthy prostate is firm and small while an unhealthy one is spongy, large, and inflamed

there's actually a problem with younger urologists and doctors, they're terrible at performing the rectal exam, leaving many patients without help

one patient had the most clear cut prostatis ever, first urologist who was young failed to notice it during rectal examination while the seasoned 55 y/o vet the patient went to for a second opinion diagnosed it after one finger up the pooper. that is just one of many anecdotes about the importance of the exam

tl;dr fingers up assholes are very important
>>
>>7791933
Can I become a doctor to finger asses of sexy girls?
>>
>>7791949
girls dont have a prostate
>>
>>7791959
They have an A-spot. Maybe they could get A-spot cancer. Someone should check, but no fat chicks allowed.
>>
File: deg251f1[1].jpg (239KB, 1188x1133px) Image search: [Google]
deg251f1[1].jpg
239KB, 1188x1133px
>>7791959
Some gynecologists still use the rectal exam as a regular part of the pelvic in order to palpate the rectovaginal septum (and also the uterus, when the uterus is retroverted). But nowadays, most don't, unless the patient is older (40-50 or up).

I actually tried to see if I could feel my GF's uterus once through her asshole, but hers is anteverted, and I couldn't get to it from there.
>>
>>7789508
A surgeon once told me there are only 2 reasons not to do a digital rectal exam: The doctor doesn't have fingers or the patient has no anus.
Seriously though, wiggling your finger in someones butt for a minute makes sure you don't miss prostate or colon cancer, and it really has no drawbacks.
>>
>>7792024
>The doctor doesn't have fingers

He could still wiggle something else if you know what I mean :^)
>>
Back when my dad studied medicine, the school would pay prostitutes to come in so the students could practice genital/rectal exams.

My dad still cracks the joke that he mastered the "hands free pelvic exam."
>>
>>7792245
lel

What do you do when you have diarrhea, go to the doc and he decides to make sure you don't have ass cancer, and you accidentally blast him with liquid shit?
Do they expect you to clean out your pooper beforehand?
>>
>>7792726
I think they actually prefer that you don't, because part of a complete rectal exam is smearing the index finger of the glove on a stool guaiac card to test for occult blood.

If you see the doctor get a little paper card ready before slipping on a glove, you can guess what's going to happen.
>>
>>7792765
made me giggle
>>
My stepdad was just diagnosed with early-stage prostate cancer by the way. FYI.
>>
>>7791933
Old Dr also are disgusting and senile. They hardly ever wash their hands.
>>
>>7791652
Just the opposite in fact. Were checking for prostate cancer
>>
File: 1453001532333.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453001532333.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>7789508
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.