[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any medical students here? Any premeds? How's life as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Doctors.jpg (33KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Doctors.jpg
33KB, 600x400px
Any medical students here? Any premeds? How's life as a medical student? Share your story if you were ever interested in getting into medicine.
>>
>>7788091
Pre-med is basically a bio major. The physics and math in pre-med is so simple that it's only half of what A-level covers
>>
>>7788101
How difficult is a bachelors in engineering really? I'm hoping to get into med school but I don't want to be completey unemployable should I get rejected.
>>
>>7788106
Just no life the Pre-med you should be fine, don't drink, don't party until you get into the safety net, which is med school
>>
>>7788110
Getting into med school isn't just a matter of no-lifing it though. There's a signficant luck factor as well.
>>
>tfw i wasn't smart enough for medicine
B-biomed's just as good!
>>
>>7788137
>smart enough
I don't think the threshold for sheer brain power (or IQ, whatever) is very high for completing medical school. It's just a matter of having endurance and being able to memorize tons and tons of shit.
>>
>>7788140
What I mean is I didn't get the grades for it. I doubt I would have passed the entrance exams either to be fair.
>>
Swedish med student here.

Med school is tough. If you're not very interested in medicine, things are going to be very hard.

Also, in Sweden, we don't have this pre-med shit. You go directly from high school to med school. To do that, you need either perfect grades, or a score in the top percentile on the swedish SAT-like test. Med school is 5,5 years, and includes pre-clinical studies(2 years) and clinical studies(3,5 years). Thereafter, you have 2 years of clinical practice before you get your license. Then you're free to specialize.

What is pre-med anyways? Anyone wanna explain? How many years is it?
>>
>>7788176
>Also, in Sweden, we don't have this pre-med shit. You go directly from high school to med school. To do that, you need either perfect grades, or a score in the top percentile on the swedish SAT-like test

Oh man, sweden, I hate you because you are a bunch of feminists and dickless manginas but I just love this.

I really fear that one day, the doctor that will be treating me, is a fucking retard fuckboi who just had tons of money, tons of free time and a lot of luck.

This is how med school should be. Are you genius-tier? Congrats, you get in. You are not? Then you have no right to be working with PEOPLE'S LIVES.

So +1 to you, Sweden. But you are all still raging mangina dick sucking feminist scum.
>>
>>7788176
It's basically US fucked up Medicine programme
>no such thing as undergrad med
>break med into 2 risky parts
>take undergrad prerequisite courses aka pre-med
>apply to a med grad school, cross your fingers fate doesn't fuck you over
>if you don't go anywhere you fucked
Basically the system in America is fucking stupid, many hundreds of people get fucked by pre med every year. Basically if you're not passionate and just want to do it for the money it's not worth it. You want money? You can just be an investment banker or some finance level stuff, stay away from Med in US. I would advice just go Europe or any other country like Singapore that offers "full undergrad+ Grad med programmes" when you're in, you're in
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x371px
>>7788188
Some dude from Prepscholar got like 99th percentile for MCAT, and got into Harvard Accelerated Med Programme, just putting it here
>>
>>7788176
Pre-med is literally just an undergraduate program. You can be studying engineering and be "pre-med".
>>
>>7788198
Nobody fucking does that, everyone's a fuckin bio major, because they believe it is easier to get in this way.
>>
>>7788198
Is there any requirements on what must be included in the pre-med to be able to even apply to med school?
>>
>>7788227
Hyper Inflated ACT, called the MCAT, good luck. Everyone taking it has like >140 IQ.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.