[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you guys remember from your lectures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1452803239532s.jpg (7KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452803239532s.jpg
7KB, 249x250px
How much do you guys remember from your lectures?
>>
>>7787652
>52▶
>How much do you guys remember from your lectu
Pretty much every detail, having an Aspergic mind is great.
>>
>>7787653

But being a virgin isn't.
>>
>>7787656
Whoa, whoa, I have a daughter.
>>
>>7787652
>going to lectures
literally never bother

lecture notes and books do me just fine
>>
>>7787656
>implying virgins aren't superior
Ever heard of Newton? Tesla? Da Vinci? Erdös? Motl?
>>
>>7787657
>>7787686
My life is over, before it really began, right? :(
>>
>>7787686

But are you a Newton, Tesla, Da Vinci, Erdos, or Motl?
>>
less than 1%, I keep forgetting most things except the stuff that I've done more than 100 times. There's just so much to learn when taking 4-5 courses a semester that there's no way you can remember it all after a year. But the good thing is your mind gets tougher so you can always come back and relearn the stuff by yourself anytime now.
>>
Well I dropped out of college a few months ago, so hopefully nothing.
>>
>>7787652
100% of those I go to.

I remember basically anything I listen to that makes sense.
>>
>>7787701

What are you studying? And what are your grades?
>>
>>7787701
I found the best way for me to remember things is to try and explain them to someone else. My girlfriend and I have this daily "what did we learn" thing over dinner. I tell her and about maths and physics, she tells me about history.
>>
>>7787652
Barely anything. I have to rewrite my notes with plenty of annotations and examples for it to stick.
>>
>>7788345

What do you study?
>>
>>7787652
Everything. It is difficult to forget something you've written yourself and spoken aloud for like 100 times in front of hordes of worthless tuition donors.
>>
>>7787695
Touché
>>
>>7787701
>4-5 courses a semester
>im happy when i got 10
>>
Enough to do research and pass tests.
>>
Everything.

I tend to take notes and then never look at them again. It's like the writing process itself makes me remember the lectures. Anyone else who does the same thing?
>>
You're supposed to remember?
>>
>>7788296
This worked for me too.
>>
Not a lot.
I remember things a lot better from doing them practically in the lab, especially if I have to repeat them a tone or write out a report/presentation later.
Lecture material tends to leak out within the week.
>>
>>7788611

What are you studying and what's your IQ?
>>
>>7788614
Biomedical science. I've never taken an IQ test unless you want a shitty online one.
>>
>>7788617

The iq test.dk one is made by two academics that are mensa members. It's modeled on ravens matrices and is quite accurate for testing that particular aspect of intelligence (spatial). A real IQ test will incorporate verbal tests among other things, as well as the spatial.
>>
File: im smart.png (148KB, 1321x634px) Image search: [Google]
im smart.png
148KB, 1321x634px
>>7788625
Oh, well I did that one about a month ago, so here you go.
>>
>>7788631

That's very good, but that specific test doesn't test memory, a real IQ would.
>>
Lectures are bad. Courses where the instructor and students are both involved in the process of learning are good.
>>
>>7788631
I guess I would rank a lot lower on the real deal then. I don't really place much stock in IQ tests anyway to be honest.
>>
>>7788723
meant for >>7788664
>>
>>7787686
>>implying virgins aren't superior
They were all just gay in a time were being gay could get you killed
>>
>>7787652
I remember the general concepts.

If something like a formula or a derivation was introduced I probably won't remember it until I practice it a few times.

I take very sparse notes, generally only a few sentences per lecture.
There's a ton of fluff in lectures that you don't need to remember verbatim.
>>
I don't actively remember almost any of it, but I can pull it out of my ass when its needed.
>>
>>7788579
Me. I only look at my notes if I'm really stuck on something which is pretty rare.
>>
A few concepts, practically nothing. It's useless to try to remember all the content of the lectures. Just study de concepts when you need them.
>>
>>7787652
200%
I remember things that didn't even happen in our lectures. Like the time we had a foreign exchange lecturer who proceeded to shoot everyone with a blowdart if they failed to answer a question correctly.
>>
>I'm going to be tutor the next semester
>I don't remember a shit of the course
>>
>>7787695
>Motl
who???
>>
File: 1431861995675.jpg (15KB, 205x281px) Image search: [Google]
1431861995675.jpg
15KB, 205x281px
>>7787695
>Motl
>works seriously in string theory in 2016
>he characterizes himself as a Christian atheist.[4][5]

lel okay...
>>
>>7788631
A psychiatrist once made me take an IQ-test and told me that my IQ was higher than the average. This confused me since i have never had an easy time in school, and more often than not got through everything with sheer willpower (discipline when studying is were I rock), rather than creativity and intelligence. Can someone explain how IQ works?
>>
ok
>>
File: 1437671182508.png (8KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1437671182508.png
8KB, 258x258px
>>7787652
Everything, because I record all of them.
>>
>>7791591

They measure the magnetic field of the brain.

Gauss had a magnetic field of 1 Gauss and has the maximum IQ, most people have 1 nanoGauss.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.