[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Physics class >Ok today we are going to learn how to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 929829078.jpg (259KB, 892x707px) Image search: [Google]
929829078.jpg
259KB, 892x707px
>Physics class

>Ok today we are going to learn how to find delta-v, here is the formula
>Ok class today we are going to learn how to find average acceleration just use the delta-v formula and decide it by delta t and you have average acceleration

>Math Class
>Ok class today I am going to show you this super easy method I personally came up with, I call it FOIL. Here are a bunch of steps for you to memorize
>Ok class today we are going to learn how to factor Trinomials using guess and check, here are a bunch of steps for you to memorize

Why is math taught as "Here is a specific problem, memorize these steps and you can solve it" as opposed to "Here is a formula, memorize it and you can solve any problem"?
>>
>>7785578
Where you are maybe... But not everywhere
>>
>>7785578

Brainlet detected.
>>
>>7785578
>high school classes
>>
File: 1365578186423.jpg (167KB, 622x568px) Image search: [Google]
1365578186423.jpg
167KB, 622x568px
>>7785583
Where can i learn like the latter?
Currently taking college alg in freedomland and its still the same thing. No context as to why/what we are doing, just "If you see this problem, do this and you will pass the test".
>>
>>7785607
Yes, and?

>>7785594
wow you sure showed me.
>>
>>7785578
>he thinks anybody puts thought into teaching
high school
Oh boy, because we always did it that way you aren't worth it to change our comfy repetition
>>
>what I this annoying when I was in highschool?
Probably.

OP, you do realize there's a good chance your teachers know less than a typical undergrad studying in their field, don't you?
>>
>>7785612
>underaged b&
>>
>>7785627
>Implying you learn about Trinomials pre-senior year
>Implying you can even take physics as an elective pre-senior year

I'm first year college anon. Looking for a place that teaches math the physics way.
Please help or >>>/out/
>>
>>7785635
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Literally thinks algebra 2 is a senior year class
>literally thinks all schools have the same tracking
>>
>>7785635
>Looking for a place that teaches math the physics way
Both the ways you listed are TERRIBLE ways of teaching, and especially for a rigorous subject like mathematics.
Maybe you're just dumb, anon?
>>
>>7785635
>trinomial
>college
Anon, change your degree and your college
>>
>>7785638
It was at my highschool. Why are you acting like this?

>>7785641
So how about providing an example of a better way, or linking to a site that teaches in the way you are on about.

I feel like i'm being baited at this point.

>>7785643
I was talking about my experience in highschool.
>>
I realize my original post was a bit baitish but no one ever reply's to the stupid question thread.

Honestly this feels more like im posting on /b/
instead of /sci/ right now.

If you have a website that teaches math in a different way, please provide it.
>>
>>7785652
The best way to learn mathematics is through definition and proof-based lectures, then doing TONS of problem sets.
The best way to learn early physics is to do so using calculus and other maths that are not taught to high schoolers. Then doing TONS of problem sets.
>>
>>7785652
You're a total dunce, is what we're saying. First of all, both of those are equivalent.
"Here's a formula for how this works, it'll give you the tools to solve this particular class of problems"
"Here's a formula for how this works. It'll give you the tools to solve this particular class of problems."
Neither are how the field actually works.
>>
>>7785663
>The best way to learn mathematics is through definition and proof-based lectures
This is literally all I am looking for. Where can I find this?

>>7785664
>Random insults over the internet
>>>/b/
>>
>>7785674
Books. MIT open course ware. Many of the Ivy League and similar schools have lectures on youtube - I particularly enjoy the Harvard lectures I've seen.
>>
>>7785681
Thanks anon.
>>
>>7785578
>what is Sine Rule?
>>
because average student isn't smart enough to do those things on his own
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.