[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the difference between astronomy and cosmology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (119KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 300x350px
What is the difference between astronomy and cosmology?
>>
>>7774663
A lot.
>>
>>7774663
>astronomy

The study of space

>cosmology

The study of a pseudoscience
>>
>>7774663
One is about the zodiac signs and the other is about makeup.
>>
Astronomy is highly focused on observational methods and being able to classify what you find. Astrophysics involves modeling of the formation of these things and understanding how certain objects even behave (see: neutron stars). Cosmology is using the observations of astronomers and models of Astrophysicists to better understand the early universe and its evolution to the current state. To understand the very very early age of the universe, high energy physicists have begun working on cosmology as well. It's like trying to understand how fluctuations in the vacuum (or more precisely, the Higgs field) lead to a non-uniform distribution of matter, and if there are other signatures left over that astronomers can identify (see: BICEP).
>>
A penis knows.
>>
What's the difference between cosmology and cohomology?
>>
>>7774744
One is a mathematical tool used in the other.
>>
>>7774744
What the fuck is a cohomo?
>>
>>7774763
I guess it's something like cojones? Testicules.
>>
>>7774763
[math] H_{DR}^k\left( M \right) = \frac{{\left\{ {{\omega ^k}|d{\omega ^k} = 0} \right\}}}{{\left\{ {{\omega ^k}|{\omega ^k} = d{\alpha ^{k - 1}}} \right\}}} [/math]
>>
>>7774663
Astronomy is the science of figuring out how to collect information about things in space.
Cosmology is the science of figuring out how things in space were created, how they will die, and how they interact.
>>
>>7774763
The dual to OP.
>>
Astronomy: How to measure objects in space from earth (i.e. no in-situ)
Astrophysics: Physics of objects in space, mostly stars.
Which encompasses:
Cosmology: Physics of the universe as itself an object
Space Science: Physics of objects in our solar system and their interactions with each other. Usually refers to plasma physics.
>>
>>7774795
I like it
>>
What's the difference between astronomy and astrology /sci/?
>>
Astronomy is about looling at shit floating around space. Cosmology is about the space the shit floats in.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.