[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Banach Space General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

ITT: Discuss anything to do with Banach spaces, Hilbert spaces or [math]l^p[/math] spaces.
>>
Stop flooding /sci/ with these threads retard
>>
What about sobolev spaces?
>>
>>7773304
What's a Sobolev space?
>>
>>7773306
They are Banach spaces.
>>
>>7773296
And what do you want to discuss, your functional analysis homework?
>>
>>7773306
Its used to solve nonlinear partial differential equations i think its cool
>>
>>7773312
How can I begin functional analysis with only newb knowledge in analysis and linear algebra?
>>
>>7773322
Read all three volumes of "Linear Operators" by Nelson Dunford and Jacob T. Schwartz
>>
>>7773322
functional analysis is really my limit. I cannot do a single proof with C* algebras, I just can't.
>>
>>7773304
They're subspaces of L^p spaces so I guess it's all right
>>
>>7773328
where does one download these
>>
>>7773306
>>7773423
>>7773307
they are subspaces of L^p spaces, so they are Banach spaces that are separable (except for p=inf) and reflexive(except for p=1 and p=inf) and you can think of them of the spaces of L^p functions which are weakly differentiable, which is as the name suggests a generalisation of the usal derivative. Sobolev spaces are pretty much the core of modern theory of differential equations, which in fact is pretty much applied (nonlinear) functional analysis, where you can reduce the questions existence and uniqueness of a solution of a differential equation on properties of an operator between such a sobolev space and its dual space.
>>
>>7773296
What about Frechet spaces?
>>
>>7773447
internet
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.