[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Theory" "Sampling theory" "Quantization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 48918741_p0.jpg (932KB, 1200x834px) Image search: [Google]
48918741_p0.jpg
932KB, 1200x834px
"Theory"
"Sampling theory"
"Quantization theory"
"Color theory"
"Music theory"
"Theory theory"
"Theory theory theory"

Am I the only one completely sick of this shit? We're going to get to the point when quite literally every single phenomena and process the human mental machinery can conceive of, will be formalized and had "x theory" slapped onto it. It's utterly obnoxious.

I get it. A theory is a framework that's gradually changing and being refined, and in many cases has held up to experiment. But is this REALLY necessary? I mean on, SAMPLING THEORY? SAMPLING, FUCKING, THEORY? MUSIC THEORY? These things do not need names or formalization, it's superfluous. It's overkill, it's a narrow little box to be stuck in. It's ridiculous, just like someone suggesting you learn music theory or whatever such shit instead of giving meaningful self derived thoughts. Yes, music and color work a certain way, congrats, it's a thing. It's mechanical. You don't need to call the goddamn thing a "theory" and give your "understanding" a name. It's worse than people who define themselves in isms and think in ists.

People are going to converge and tear me apart for this, but man, this isn't a world I want to live in. I hope I stay as far away from "educated" people as I need to be to not deal with this nonsense. Sick of this shit.
>>
File: 1421349323324.jpg (37KB, 720x699px) Image search: [Google]
1421349323324.jpg
37KB, 720x699px
>>7772331
From the experience I've had discussing these things with doctors: the same thing holds true in mental health, professionals openly admitting that the reality of the factor is everyone should be on drugs for some thing or another, but the real kicker is: as modernization continues that of a sober life will dissipate into every person trying to deign themselves as a superior person and the designer drug focus will trump every other commercial aspect as people take into the account the potential long term enhancement of their lifestyle

And slightly related to that, the political religious wouldn't have it any other way do to the need for 'hope' in todays world that some spiritual freelance free of charge pimp of bliss peace and satisfaction is going to put their lives together for them, and sometimes that hope is all they need to do just that; the point being that it leaves room for the subjective and unexplained to be dealt with in a way that people can conform with without alienation or oppression
>>
>>7772347
Psychiatry and a decent proportion of (American) medicine is a complete sham, scam, mess. "Mental illness" is the most persistent delusional belief system around. It's amazing what the human race has done, and what we now can be aware of, yet the majority of us cling to such inane ways of framing the world.

It's pretty disgusting. I'm pretty disgusted I have to share a planet with these broken, deficient excuses for people. I don't want to hate em', but no matter what, part of me does. And that's the base truth, I don't like these people. And I'm sick of them.
>>
>>7772331
sampling is srs biz you idiot
>>
>>7772388
What's next, making proper screwdrivers is "screwdriver theory"? Or is it to be incorporated into the broader mathematical viewpoint of some kind of "shape theory". Or should it be viewed topologically? Something like knot theory, except shapes that fit into other shapes and turn stuff?

I mean for fuck's sake. You just make something that's easy to hold on to, has the ideal length for a given application, is made of a durable material, and grips the screw well, ie a square or six pointed star. You can draw from other disciplines, and you can bring it down to the level of raw physics, but you do not need to call the thing a theory.

Fucking human race. I'll show you srs biz fucking prick.
>>
So if we ever reach the intellectual knowledge as to develop a "theory of everything", you will be mad too?
>>
>>7772331
>bad mouthing music theory
Fite me in irl not online.
>>
>>7772605
Name the location.

I've thought about brute forcing music on a sample level alongside heuristics to detect what "music" is, define track start and end, and identify when subtle changes have amounted to something not perceptibly similar.

And I still think music theory is stupid. Deal with it and or fite me irl.
>>
>>7772331
>"Theory theory"

Fuck, it actually exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory-theory
>>
>>7772603
Nah, I'd be okay with that. The universe is mechanical. If we understood enough to verifiably say whether the machinery required for the universe to exist, and be what it is, was self contained, I'd think that was real neat. If not, we're left to imagine what sort of external machinery drives and generates everything we observe.

It would have to manage to prove its own lack of delusion, however.
>>
>>7772618
Yeah, see? This shit is fucking stupid. Theory of mind is more than adequate to describe neurologically how people model affordances, tack them onto their saliency map or whatever the fuck it might be doing, and understand what a device is doing, will do, and how.

I mean really. People talk about what simple machines "want" "knows" "thinks". It's obvious what their brain doing, and when we can. this will likely agree with experiment. There is no difference between people and objects, we're using the same subsystems to comprehend and predict, just framing it differently.

That's the other problem with "theories". They're everywhere, and they're malformed. Their scope is all fucked up. Most of em don't even need to exist. What a joke. What clutter. It's all in the way. Get this shit out of my face and out of my head.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.