[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, is there a way to increase serotonin in my brain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: bojack.jpg (93KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
bojack.jpg
93KB, 1200x673px
Hey guys, is there a way to increase serotonin in my brain without using drugs?
>>
>>7770297
Yes.
>>
>>7770298
explain
>>
>>7770301
No.
>>
>>7770297
by drugs your implying illegal right?

go to a pharmacist
wear clothes that only someone serotonin deficient would wear, answer his questions like you have a serotonin deficiency, and most all, make it clear that you have felt deficient of serotonin since childhood

this is how i got my script for serotonin
>>
>>7770303
thank you
>>
>>7770310

yes
>>
>>7770307
haha that'd be great
>>
magic mushrooms. 2 grams every other night.
>>
Tryptophan
>>
>>7770359
Or 5-HTP
>>
>>7770318

Pretty sure your serotonin receptors would be permanently damaged after a week of doing that
>>
>>7770297
even if you found a way to increase the amount of serotonin in your brain, it is not going to do whatever you expect it to do. I can guarantee you that the brain is not that simple.
>>
>>7770384
They would just be upregulated. The way that you phrase your post makes me think you think that the receptors in your cells are the only ones you have, which is wrong. All kinds of proteins in your body are constantly being produced and degraded.
>>
>>7770389

So you could do mushrooms every other night without triggering a mental break of some kind?
>>
>>7770389
They would in fact be downregulated.
>>
>>7770397
>>7770389

Mushrooms don't flood your brain with serotonin they just antagonize the receptors.
>>
>>7770402
They agonize the receptors
>>
>>7770297
Yeah, with a gf.
>>
>>7770405
This

Receptor fuckups in the brain are related to all kinds of mental shit.

With dopamine, it's schizo and parkinsons. With seratonin; it's homosexuality.
>>
>>7770405

So whats a good cool off period? Some people say wait a week, but that only refers to tolerance.

I did them like 5 times in the past 10 days, and I want to do them again tonight but I don't want to trigger HPPD or serotonin syndrome or somethng.
>>
File: 1423004260602.jpg (4KB, 235x223px) Image search: [Google]
1423004260602.jpg
4KB, 235x223px
>>7770411
>>
>>7770392
Depends on the person.

I wouldn't do 2 grams every time though, that could get exhausting. Microdosing on like a gram or less every day or two, no absolutely not you would not have a mental break without a preexisting condition.
>>
>>7770416

Only reason why I'm asking is because two nights ago I came down from shrooms and everything was fine. I smoked a bowl of hash and then 20 minutes later I got the worst anxiety I ever had, and it was about nothing. I felt so sad and so low and so in danger I was on the floor crying. I was freaking out that I might have damaged my serotonin levels or something. It's been a few days and I want to trip again, and I know it was most likely the hash but I'm still kinda scared to trip again.
>>
>>7770414
Wait a few days and do an eighth or more.
>>
>>7770392
From personal experience, I can say, "yes."

I honestly think it's laughable when people say they know someone who did x amount of y drug and "didn't come back." They were weak willed or depressed or whatever to start with, and the drugs pushed them over the edge. I've had my ups and downs, but when you realize that everything you see and feel as a result of a heavy trip is just chemicals in your brain, there is no reason why you should come out of a trip completely different.
>>
>>7770422
Well you just weren't done tripping yet. You thought you were because relative to the previous hour you felt remarkably sober. When you smoke it exacerbates the symptoms again, kind of like a second peak. You would have been fine if you had understood that you were still tripping, but you weren't expecting it.
>>
>>7770430

No thats the thing though. I am 100% certain that at 830 I came down from the shrooms, and then I smoked the hash.
>>
>>7770422
psychedelic drugs fuck with the chemicals in your brain. If you feel like you have a problem as a result of that, the obvious solution is to stop doing them and wait for your body to re-equilibriate, not eat more drugs.
>>
>>7770431
You can't be 100% certain of something like that.
>>
>>7770431
define "come down." It's not a specific point in time. Drugs are metabolized in such a way that the rate slows down as more is removed from your body. The strongest effects wear off the fastest, but it can be upwards of a day before all traces of the chemical is completely metabolized.
>>
>>7770436

I did a lemon tek. You soak the grinded shrooms in lemon juice for 20 minutes. It breaks down the cybin into cilon so that your liver doesn't have too. It intensigies but shortens the trip. At 8 I started coming down and at 830 I was sober. I smoked the hash then got the worst mood swing/anxiety I've ever had in my life.

To be fair that was also after a 10 day shroom binge where I tripped about 5 or 6 times.

>>7770432

How long does it take for a brain to normalize?
>>
>>7770431
It directly affects the part of your brain that deals with consciousness controls your perceptions of intoxication, there's no way to tell once the visuals go away.

It's like if you lived at the bottom of the Mariana trench your entire life. You could be 100% certain that the color red does not exist. That doesn't mean you're right.
>>
>>7770440
Yeah you definitely don't come down in a half hour. I've done lemon teks before also and I've also taken LSD in liquid form right into the mouth, which is a way faster and more intense trip than a shroom lemon tek.

Basically, you are inexperienced with psychedelic drugs. You will come to learn the state of your intoxication much better with time. Try larger doses if you seek answers to your questions, not that you'll find them.
>>
>>7770392
Pretty sure you can do any drug and go back to normal if you want to. Drug dangers are overwrought, I've seen people on meth and coke and heroin recover from their use just fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 480x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 480x683px
So it's safe for me to do them again tonight?

I'm obviously not going to smoke weed with it
>>
>>7770462
Stop doing pussy ass 2g doses.

Be a man. Overcome your fears.
>>
>>7770297
Even if you did it would be so gradually that you wouldnt even notice

Also
>runners high
>cumming
>adrenalin
>>
>>7770430

This makes sense too. It felt like I was having a flashback or I was getting a second wave of shrooms since I started tripping again and that triggered me since I spent the last hour being sober
>>
>>7770464

Lol if it wasn't for that bad come down I would be doing 3.5 tonight
>>
>>7770469
You didn't spend the last hour being sober, you thought you did. But like many things you think when you're tripping, you were wrong. I once thought a stalk of asparagus was holding together the universe.
>>7770473
Overcome your fears and anxieties. Break through and see clearly or remain trapped in the prism.
>>
>>7770487
So that hour of extreme anxiety and danger and sadness was only because I was still tripping after having thought I was sober and I guess that was a shock to my mind?

I know it was only 2 grams each trip but I was worried that me binging triggered serotonin syndrome or something and that's why I was so depressed
>>
>>7770297
masturbation
>>
>>7770557
There is no evidence suggesting that you can get serotonin syndrome from mushrooms or any classical psychedelics for that matter. Psychedelic use can change your life outlook the same way any experience in your life can. In fact, your persona is literally just the convolution of your genetics and every single life experience you've had up to this point. Psychedelic use in its nature manages to manifest itself as rather significant life experiences. Other than that, they can't change you anymore than really fun visit to the beach.

But tripping without knowledge that you are tripping can have disastrous effects. The number one thing you are supposed to keep reminding yourself every time you feel anxious or worried during a trip is that it's just the drugs, this isn't permanent, and it'll all be better once you come down. If you think that you've already come down and you get anxious, you have no way of convincing yourself that it'll go away.
>>
>>7770297
Fucking run
>>
>>7770584

Ya I've done that before during a trip and I've had panic attacks before but this time was comepletely different. I felt an hour of being sober and then I smoked hash and then after 20 minutes I started getting shakes trembles and cold flushed checks. I also had a really really huge sense of unwell. I had to call my brother and talk to him I felt so bad. I can't explain it but I don't think it was just an anxiety attack so I felt so low and sad. It could have just been a mood swing from the mushroom comedown combined with a anxiety attack from the hash.
>>
>>7770610
I'm telling you, you're just inexperienced with psychedelics. When you do more, you might understand, but staying at the same dose isn't going to teach you anything new.

You can't have good without the bad.
>>
>>7770618

Other than tolerance causing you to waste shrooms is there any other adverse effects to binging on shrooms?

I tripped last Monday last Tuesday last Thursday then again Monday then two nights ago. After my bad come down I decided to wait atleast a week but now I want to trip again tonight
>>
>>7770622
Besides you being on shrooms all the time? No, there's no more adverse effects than there would be to smoke weed all the time.

Try acid though, it's so much better than shrooms.
>>
>>7770384
lol no, he'd just stop feeling anything after the 2nd night
>>
>>7770411

Receptor fuckups in the brain are related to all kinds of mental shit.
>schizo
yes
>parkinsons
no
>homosexuality
lolwut?

What a tard
>>
>>7770363
>>7770359
Isolated tryptophan is essentially a drug. It has a different effect when consumed alone. It's kind of like how megadosing vitamins can have drug-like effects, even though they're essential nutrients. On top of that, the isolation process can introduce contaminants. A serious, sometimes fatal, illness is associated with tryptophan supplements.

On the other hand, the understanding that serotonin is made from tryptophan does offer you some hints on less dangerous ways to manage serotonin underproduction.

Eating more protein gives your body more tryptophan to work with. Insulin helps push tryptophan into the brain. In general, a well-regulated metabolism will support brain function better, including serotonin production.

Some people need much more protein than others. For instance, there's a condition called Hartnup Disease, which is a flaw of trypophan absorption. The main treatment for it is a high-protein diet (sometimes with niacinamide supplements, since that vitamin is also made from tryptophan by your body), not tryptophan supplements.

Eat a good diet with enough protein, avoiding large loads of carbohydrates that promote insulin insensitivity. Be physically active regularly through your day (try not to sit for more than about two hours at a time). Get some vigorous exercise at least once a week, and preferably a few times per week. Rest properly.

We didn't evolve for sedentary living, and the same lifestyle choices that make some people fat make other people's brains not work properly. The brain's an organ in your physical body like any other, and is affected by general neglect in a similar way.

There's no sense in looking for special fixes if you're not taking care of the basics.
>>
>>7772075
One thing a lot of people don't understand is that the muscles, like other organs, have multiple functions. One of them is protein storage, and another is carbohydrate storage, in the form of glycogen (which can be returned to the general metabolism in the form of lactic acid, which the liver can converts to glucose and release as blood sugar).

Without regular physical activity, the protein levels in your blood may not be regulated properly, which can affect brain function.

You have to take care of your metabolism to take care of your brain, and you have to take care of your brain to take care of your mind and emotions.
>>
>>7770422
Don't solo without xanax, especially on mushrooms.
>>
>>7770432
That depends. If you're new to psys I wouldnt recommend smoking grass as it tends to just intensify things back to around about peak levels for a short time. To a lesser extent for sure, but still very intense.
>>
File: canvas.png (309KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
309KB, 600x600px
>>7770462
Wait a week or two. Microdosing on psys is pointless.

>>7770464
What this anon said. You'll gain nothing from recreational dosing.
>>
>>7770297
Exercise
>>
>>7770310
>>7770297
>>7770298
>>7770301
>>7770303

/sci/
>>
If I'm depressed as fuck but stoped taking my pills am I more likely to get addicted to shrooms if I try them?
>>
>>7772937
No.
>>
>>7772939
Is there a way to "overdose" with shrooms to kill myself?
>>
>>7772940
Don't know. Maybe, but probably not in any reasonable manner.
>>
>>7770297
fall in love

Also stop fapping
>>
>>7772107
>You have to take care of your metabolism to take care of your brain

How to do that?
>>
>>7774132

Fukkin exercise.
>>
>>7770297
You probably don't want to use drugs, which will deplete your serotonin levels. You are thinking of dopamine, which mediates hunger and pleasure responses.

Protip: Exercise increases serotonin.
>>
>>7772940
>>7772948
Not directly on the classical psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, DMT), however they can make you do stupid shit which can definitely bring harm to yourself. That's why if you're ever doing a dose that you aren't familiar with, you should likely have someone around that is in a sober-enough state of mind to make sure you don't do anything stupid.
>>
Since this became a drug thread I also have one thing I'd like answered. A friend of mine has a Datura ( Not sure if that's the correct term for the bush) bush that he claims has grown on it's own in his yard. We've done other psychedelics previously so we wanted to try making a tea out of it, but we've come across some pretty nasty rumors on the internet. Is it true that Datura can be fatal, and can cause brain damage?
>>
>>7772940
No you fucking idiot

>>7774994
Datura is NOT psychedelic, it's a deliriant. It's 100% different than psychedelics.

Yes, datura can absolutely kill you. The concentrations of scopolamine and hyoscyamine are unknown, especially between the different parts of the plant, so you can easily overdose and die. If you don't die, I'd be more worried about cardiotoxicity than neurotoxicity. The only reason a sane and informed person should ever do Datura is out of pure novelty, and you'd have to be very experienced with high dose psychedelics (and at least a little masochistic) to do it. Experience will only help make the dysphoric trip probably a bit more enjoyable -- it won't help at all in making sure you don't do stupid/fatal things while hallucinating, or in your heart's reaction to the drug.
>>
>>7772107
New to this thread.
>One thing a lot of people don't understand is that the muscles, like other organs, have multiple functions. One of them is protein storage, and another is carbohydrate storage, in the form of glycogen

I was under the impression that the muscles can't store protein. Am I on the spectrum? Can you elaborate?
>>
>>7770453
Sure drug dangers are exaggerated but you can definitely permanently fuck your brain or your psyche up with psychedelics if you're not careful.
>>
>>7770428
Your main point makes sense, but the supporting argument is bulls hit. By that logic, huffing gasoline is OK cause it's just chemicals in my brain broski
>>
>>7775270
>Sure drug dangers are exaggerated but you can definitely permanently fuck your brain or your psyche up with psychedelics if you're not careful.

They were probably already inherently fucked to start with, otherwise you'd see all of the Hollywood people, businessmen and high school kids that used stuff like cocaine suffering from brain problems.
>>
>>7770297
This thread is probably a good chance to talk about my weekend. I had to take care of my friend while she slipped into an lsd induced state of psychosis.
Tested the lsd with a kit before consumption, I took half a tab as did my girlfriend, my dude-man took 4 tabs and his female roomate/ex took 1 tab.
after a long emotional talk/fight about their relationship that I mediated (it went well) my dudemans ex was overcome with emotion and thought she was experiencing some sort of spiritual enlightenment from the cid. She got disoriented by a flood of emotion and sensory overload and ran to the bathroom to vomit.
We provided her some ginger root and water while she attempted to vomit.
She eventually got into a thought loop about vomiting and believing she was undergoing spiritual transformation. The thoughtlloop eventually lead to a full psychotic break.
>kept believing she was dying
>lost full motor control
>panic
>paranoia (looking out the windows)
>talking like a youtube poop reel. "We're all going to die" "We're all going to TRANSCEND" "We're all going to CALL MY MOTHER" "We're all going to ITS THE APOCOLYPSE" it was totally bizarre. I ended up talking her through some calming methods even though she was completely incoherent and unable to understand human speech. Mostly just had my hand on her and was breathing really slow telling her to focus on relaxing. I was able to keep her from making a run for it and jumping off the balcony. I laid her on the floor and fed her a bar of xanax while she short circuited. Was convinced that I was the messiah, believed that the apocalypse was happening, that the cops were at the door, that she needed to take her clothes off, (she peed herself) she kept babbling utter nonsense and was pulling her hair out, licking everyone, screaming that she was going to get raped, was convinced that we were going to kill her. Her heartrate was going 180 (I think) and it was just all round ridiculous to deal with while tripping.
>>
>>7775298
Damn bro
>>
>>7775298
That's a really weird thing to happen on lsd lol. Everyone else just had a normal trip?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.