[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ state of the board thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

A majority of the board is a student circle jerk talking about how cool they are for being students, but they hate students who are in different majors, so we need ten threads or so at all times for students of different majors so they can jerk each other off about how great their major is and how everyone else sucks.

The next largest group would be stupid questions, which can be kind of fun some times, but most of the time there's one or two posts then the thread sits until it's deleted.

Then we have math threads. I don't participate in the math threads, but they seem like they know what they are doing.

Three popsci hate threads also need to be active at all times because hating on popsci is popular.

The two smallest groups would be shit posts and intelligent discussion. Although it's easy to mistake stupid questions for shit posts, I feel like actual shit post OPs don't happen very often. Shit posts in threads are common.
>>
I feel like the student circle jerk could really be toned down. We couldn't have just a students general because they would all be complaining about how some major is better than the other one and starting their own threads continuing to mess up the board, but I think it might be nice if we had like a /msg/ med student general, and a /msg/ math student general, or something along those lines with catchier kids names that they like so we don't have three threads about med students on the board at once.

Stupid questions I really think there's nothing we can do about. New people come here and want to ask things. I think they are fine.

Math people I like. I feel like they are a positive contribution to the board.

I also feel like there's nothing we can do about the popsci hate threads. The people in them are so retarded they wouldn't look for a popsci hate general and would start their own popsci hate thread with the general active. Ignoring seems to be the only option.

Sparking more intelligent discussion seems like it's hard, but it's something we could all strive for. I don't really mean boring blatantly try-hard OPs, just try to do a little better posting sometimes.
>>
It's kind of funny, /sci/ mostly students a few years ago, and it's still mostly students. Do you people ever grow up?
>>
We seriously need an /edu/ board.
>>
>>7768908
this, /g/ got /biz/. we need /edu/

mods pls
>>
>>7768881
Meta posting is against the rules fuck off with this shit.
>>
>>7770175
make a thread for >>>/qa/
>>
the "what type of engineering is the best?" threads should be deleted every time
>>
how about having a chem/bio/phys/math/eng general and try to keep them decent and less circlejerky
>>
>>7768901
you dumb chimp, if /sci/ was mostly students a few years ago and now it's still mostly students then the logical conclusion is that the students who graduated have grown up and moved and new ones have replaced them.

I notice however that you're still here and haven't grown up. I also notice that you don't seem to have a problem with the stupid popsci threads made by retards like yourself and that you also seem to lack knowledge of the basics of mathematics required for proper scientific inquiry and hence that you don't belong here.
>>
>>7770248
are you upset friend? :^)
>>
>>7770230
That would require people to drop their gigantic egos. Let's be clear, no rational person would do such a thing, which /sci/ is not full of.
>>
>>7770274
motha fuck, irrational.
>>
File: 1452274501618.jpg (25KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1452274501618.jpg
25KB, 385x385px
>>7768881

>muh board culture
>>
File: 1451490617291.jpg (27KB, 347x291px) Image search: [Google]
1451490617291.jpg
27KB, 347x291px
Thats nice, but I think what the board really needs is to check my dubs
>>
/sci/ is okay the way it is. You can't force people to have quality discussion all the time. For pure science and math go to stackexchange. /sci/ is for casual talk and banter.
>>
>>7770305
s[math] [/math]mh f[math] [/math]am
>>
>>7768901
Did you ever consider that the people who are knowledgeable know this board is shit and leave?
>>
>>7770230
This
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.