[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't they make the subway trains run like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tren.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tren.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
why don't they make the subway trains run like this?
>>
>>7768854
What is this, a subway for ants?
>>
>>7768854
OP are you dumb, why are you posting here?

Why don't you take a 30cm ruler, go to the subway and measure the dimensions of a subway train and google its weight.

Then use that to calculate how much copper coil you'd need to transport that subway train from station to station at a velocity that matches the subway trains' current velocity.

Then calculate the cost of it, it will probably be like... 5 bucks. Really cheap to get copper coil, specially if you use slave labor. And then submit your design to the city council, ask to get 20% of everything the new subway makes and become a zilliobilliomilliofaggotnaire!

DELETE THIS THREAD NOW I BET THAT AHMED MOHAMMED ALREADY STARTED BUILDING IT! IT WILL PROBABLY EVEN HAVE A CLOCK IN IT!
>>
>>7768854
I actually remember reading a few years back about tests with electromagnets for trains. But idk whatever happened with it, they probably realised that it's a huge meme and would be inefficient.
>>
>>7768863
No. Those designs are nothing like unpracticals hit OP came up with.

Those involve having strong electromagnets alogn the line that turn on when the train is close to them to sling it forward and then turn off when its past it to avoid slowing it down.

The chain of electromagnets turning on and on keeps slinging the train forward really fucking fast.

There is also a rollercoaster using this technology.
>>
File: Metra_Electric_train.jpg (455KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Metra_Electric_train.jpg
455KB, 1800x1200px
>>7768863
But they already have trains with electromagnets. Pic related.

Although you are probably referring to maglevs which operate on an entirely different principle. In terms of getting from point a to point b they are very efficient.
>>
>>7768874
there is no electromagnet on that train
>>
>>7768861
OP may be retarded, but this is shitpostiest post in this thread
>>
>>7768913
>there is no electromagnet on that train
How do electric motors work, then?
>>
>>7768975
really? is that what you were trying to say?
>>
>>7768984
I'm not the guy you responded to. I'm just saying, there are several electromagnets on the train.
>>
all trying to make out that OP is dumb, but couldn't even answer the question yourselves.

The answer which these people couldn't provide you with is that there would be fairly substantial eddy losses.
>>
>>7768854
>why don't they make the subway trains run like this?

because it's more costly and/ore less efficient than regular electric trains. duh.
>>
>>7768854

>wire diameter in mm
>no AWG

fucking eurofags
>>
magnets are expensive
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.