[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, can someone please explain to me how and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Gyroscope_operation.gif (642KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gyroscope_operation.gif
642KB, 300x300px
Hey /sci/, can someone please explain to me how and why gyroscopes work? Thanks.
>>
They are God's work, and they work because God wills it. Don't ask questions.
>>
something something inertia
>>
>>7766166
http://www.cleonis.nl/physics/phys256/gyroscope_physics.php
>>
The angular momentum of a rotating disc about a nondescript axes is calculated with the torque and direction of rotation. It's a bit difficult o explain simply but basically if you draw the components for the angular momentum you realise that all points around the rotating disc point at an angle towards the centre. If you don't get ho I've worded it you can visualise it by imagining a wheel with a large pole running through the centre. If you spin the wheel then attach it to a stationary object that aligns itself up and down, the wheels pole will remain horizontal because all of the point masses along the wheel provide an angular momentum pointing at an angle from the outside of the wheel to the some distance horizontal from the centre of the wheel.
>>
>>7766247
>1859+157
>there are still people on /sci/ who actually believe that their imaginary friends truly exist.

I mean why do you harm yourself like that? Why would anyone believe that 'God is rotating gyroscopes'. Just because you can't understand something simple doesn't mean we all should be retarded.
>>
>>7766306
>year meme
just go get pegged by a tranny already
>>
>>7766306
Is this bait?
>>
>>7766166
Some really fucking complicated stuff about angular momentum that I don't know how to explain.
>>
>>7766508
yes
>>
>>7766166
Magnets
>>
>>7766166
why do you need a force to move the axis of rotation of an object that is rotating?
>>
>>7767072
You can't just answer the question with itself
>>
>>7768521
Same way riding your bike works. In fact get a sportbike, a rice rocket, hit more than 200kph and try to turn that thing! You really need to heave yourself into the bar to make her take that sweeper and why people overshoot into the shrubs all the time!
>>
conservation of momentum
>>
Gyroscopes are a total mystery. No progress in understanding them whatsoever has been made in physics, and the physicists have basically given up trying. They remain strictly a phenomenon for engineers to exploit in their ignorance, and for enthusiasts to wonder about.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.