[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /sci/ hate biology and medicine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Rod-of-Ascelpius-Symbol.png (133KB, 1000x3203px) Image search: [Google]
Rod-of-Ascelpius-Symbol.png
133KB, 1000x3203px
Why does /sci/ hate biology and medicine?
>>
Probably that they're terrible because they're not pure mathematics or engineering.
>>
>>7764139
Engineering's a fuckin joke, they can barely derive any proofs, and they say they "study Physics"
>>
>>7764132
why can't we all just get along?
>>
>>7764155
I wonder the same...
>>
>>7764132
If you want the short answer: autism. And not the buzzword kind that's thrown around all over 4chan, I mean actual Aspergers that at least of half of the posters on this board suffer from.

If you want the longer version:
Biology because it's too far removed (i.e. derived) from math (pic related). Physics is applied math, chemistry is applied physics, molecular biology is applied chemistry, etc etc. So anything past pure math (300k starting any job I want) is automatically shit, basically.

Animosity towards medicine, however, is due to jealousy, as doctors know 1/10th the math yet make (at least) triple the money. Same reason /sci/ hates computer science.
>>
>>7764170
>chemistry is applied physics,

The vast majority of physicists do applied physics.
But don't let undergrad physics majors in on that dirty little secret. It will destroy their self-esteem.
>>
>>7764170
>So anything past pure math (300k starting any job I want

I thought you math majors were supposed to be smart?
And you guys actually believe this?
You guys are no smarter than a history major.
>>
>>7764181
How new are you?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=300k+starting+any+job+i+want
>>
Because Biology is more fun than Maths and Engineering.
>>
>>7764132
It doesn't. If 20% of people in a country loudly scream that they hate x, would you ask why the country hates x? The people who bitch about biology,cs,med etc. are just a butthurt minority who attempt to establish superiority by impressive demonstrations of autism. If most of /sci/ truly hated these subjects, we would not often get threads relevant to the subjects, which is currently not the case.
>>
>>7764289
But why would these people so loudly express their hatred on an internet forum, towards such specific groups of people? Is it simply autism?
>>
>>7764292
Because they can't do it anywhere else. This kind of autism is laughed upon in serious academia, so they are only left with internet forums to materialize their frustration. They have great aspirations but know they will never be great themselves, they want to be alpha but know they never will, so all that is left is cursing everyone else citing their autism as proof of greatness. Similar phenomena include high school alpha males dogging on nerdy guys, but both instances are at least equally annoying.
>>
>>7764132
I'm doing vet med anon, we can be bullied by angry spergs on a Kazachstani cinema forum together.

The guys actually shitting on bio are the guys you knew in highscool who didn't talk to anyone outside their math autist group and they have to vent all the years of bullying/being an outcast somehow.

Also, I feel sorry for those getting an pure biology education, the jobs are fucked everywhere but the subjects you study are cool as fuck.
>>
just be making these threads about "why does sci hate this or that" you're just biting the retarded b8

stop it, ignore them, leave this cesspool, do you really need validation from a bunch of virgin autists?
>>
>>7764132
It's not the field of study so much as the students. You can do some hard core shit if you go deep enough down the rabbit hole in these majors, but the vast majority of biology/med students don't.

Most students get into these fields because they're not spergs and want a degree that's relatively easy (not counting actual med school), interesting, and has decent job opportunities.

/sci/ hates them because a lot of these students want to join the dick waving club of STEM, when their undergrad degree programs are objectively less mathematically or scientifically rigorous than most other STEM fields. Also it seems like a lot of them are into pop-sci, which /sci/ hates to no end.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.