[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best engineering degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: engineering_0.jpg (93KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
engineering_0.jpg
93KB, 310x310px
What is in your opinion the best and worst engineering degree?

"Best" and "worst" in terms of making money, having a future etc.
>>
>>7763519
why have you made this thread again

are the billion prior threads not enough?
>>
>>7763519

The one you in the field you find most interesting and would like to work in.
>>
Medicine
>>
>>7763519
>>
>>7763519
The best one is going to be whatever you're parionate about. Knowledge work is extremely hard when it's not interesting at all.
The worst one will be the thing you don't give a fuck about.
>>
>go to ivy league school
>study history
>work as consultant or investment banker
>have a better life than public school engineers
>>
>>7763525
Of course I am not worried for myself. I am interested in an objective answer.

For example, who would make the most money / be demanded the most: One who is extremely interested in computer science and went into a computer science program, or one who is extremely interested into aviation and went into a aviation program
>>
>>7763519

God tier: What you love
High tier: What you're good at
Mid tier: What gives you money
Shit tier: What your parents told you to do
>>
>>7763560
This.

STEM is a fucking joke. The only thing that separates it from the humanities is that that no one gets laid and no one gets a job better than the one they worked after graduation.

It just produces a class of miserable, bitter people who expected the world and were lied to by greedy academics.
>>
>>7763788
Hahah as long as you can apply what you've learned and have got some personal ambition / entrepreneurship you are way better off with a STEM degree, as long as it is focused on industry rather than academia.
>>
>>7763792
>entry level job: 5+ years experience without connections.
>>
>>7763797
I don't know where you are from, but this is sweden.

94% got a job, 56% got a job even before graduating, 10% reached CEO-position after 3 years and 45% got leading positions within 3 years.

And with job I mean a job relevant to their field.
>>
File: donald_trump_jr_2012_04_15.jpg (69KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
donald_trump_jr_2012_04_15.jpg
69KB, 400x600px
>>7763522
>>
>>7763583
>>7763583
>>7763583
Not sure what country you are posting in.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm

Literally zero percent projected job growth for EEs in the coming years over here in the good ole US of A. How on earth is that god tier?
>>
>>7765137
Don't take the EE thing seriously. It's a meme
>>
Why are 90% of all video lectures pertaining to my field of engineering done by Indians with horrible accents?
>>
>>7763607

>>have a better life than public school engineers

Management consulting and IB are shit jobs that require you to go into slavery for the best years of your life
>>
>>7765996
Because originally, not that many non asians attempted to become engineers.
>>
>>7765137

New EE jobs are labeled under CpE.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.