[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, Say I want to start breeding cockroaches for size.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: madagascar-hissing-cockroach.jpg (47KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
madagascar-hissing-cockroach.jpg
47KB, 500x387px
Hey /sci/, Say I want to start breeding cockroaches for size. How soon will there be noticeable results?
>>
you could expect noticeable results in a dozen generations, which would be three or four years
>>
>>7762688
Insects cannot grow larger than 10 cm diameter. Because Malpighi.
>>
>>7762729
bullshit
>>
>>7762688
The first batch, you'll be able to tell which is the largest.
>>
>>7762688 add some radiation for better results
>>
>>7762688
a year.
>>
Why the fuck would you?
>>
>>7762744
No you
>>
File: Roachies[1].jpg (58KB, 744x581px) Image search: [Google]
Roachies[1].jpg
58KB, 744x581px
>>7762851
I think they're cute when they aren't spreading salmonella around.
>>
File: hot_girl.jpg (273KB, 850x1261px) Image search: [Google]
hot_girl.jpg
273KB, 850x1261px
>>7762882
Are you from Turkey?
>>
>>7762851 It's my fetish.
>>
>>7762922
>damn she sexy
>oh shit its a blue board
>on second thought there isn't even nudity here
>her pussy and tits aren't even visible
>>
>>7762882
you can hold these, they are not scary.
What is scary about roaches is that they are blazing fast, you normally cant hold them.
>>
>>7763555
You can clearly see her pussy.
>>
>>7762729
Cockroaches aren't insects you twat and I've seen palmetto bugs larger than 10 cm... in my house.
>>
>>7763613
They're insects. 6 legs and head+abdomen+thorax structure is usually enough to tell. They look like beetles, but it's more accurate to think of them like mantises or earwigs. They are close relatives to mantises and very close relatives to termites. Apparently termites is what happened when a subspecies of little cockroach guys evolved colony structure.
>>
>>7763608
That's her leg fat, ya dingus
>>
>>7763664
Have you ever seen a vagina before?
>>
>>7763693
The 'vagina' you are referring to, is simply a hairy section of her leg.
>>
>>7763693
m8 how can you not even recognise a vagina lol
>>
>>7763728
You're wrong and definitely a virgin. Most of her vulva is showing and you can even see the slit.
>>
>>7763608
>>7764343
Listen, guy... There isn't a pussy in that picture. Got it? ;|
>>
>>7764699
srsly this guy is right, you can only see pussy lips.

cockroaches are also great. OP be sure to post your progress/results. we'd love to keep track of it as well.
>>
>>7762729

there are some gnarly ass centipedes out there my friend
>>
>>7764702
It is nice that there are centipedes in your gnarly ass but centimeters are no insects.

Malpighi vessels transport air into the insect abdomen. Passively, and laws of physics limit that. So the max diameter of any insect abdomen is limited to approx 10 cm.
>>
>>7764701
>he doesnt get it
>>
>>7764719
What if OP bred the cockroaches in an environment with a higher concentration of Oxygen than regular air?
>>
File: centipedes-vagina.jpg (64KB, 674x299px) Image search: [Google]
centipedes-vagina.jpg
64KB, 674x299px
>>7764702
>>7764719
>centipedes
>>
File: Average Biology Experiment.png (106KB, 931x440px) Image search: [Google]
Average Biology Experiment.png
106KB, 931x440px
>>7765052
Recent research involving very bright x-ray sources and computer tomography has found insects significantly pump air in and out of their tracheas! I don't know if anyone has martyred a cockroach in that manner yet but these dudes claim to have confirmed significant respiration of the madagascar hissing cockroach by more mundane means. Pic related, how they confirmed that it inhales through the front and exhales through the back.
http://jeb.biologists.org/content/jexbio/216/23/4473.full.pdf
>>
File: equus grevyi.jpg (39KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
equus grevyi.jpg
39KB, 350x256px
>>7762688
Better question, how many generations would it take to breed a regular quarter stallion/equus caballus with the same testicular dimensions as an imperial zebra/equus grevyi?

Isn't there some advantage in breeding animals to be more virile, if their sperm is a valuable commodity? A few straws of good quality issue can go for thousands of dollars, wouldn't it be a good idea to capitalize on that?
>>
File: table 1.png (150KB, 789x918px) Image search: [Google]
table 1.png
150KB, 789x918px
>>7766713
Pic related, the zebra's gonads are almost three times as massive.
>>
>>7762688
>How soon will there be noticeable results?
As soon as people find out that you're breeding larger cockroaches, they'll noticeably kick your ass.
>>
>>7765052
you mean in his gnarly ass?
>>
>>7765452
oh my god i'm such a fag I confused malpighi vessel and trachea
thanks entomology anon
i had better days you know
>>
File: cockroaches[1].jpg (67KB, 580x356px) Image search: [Google]
cockroaches[1].jpg
67KB, 580x356px
Just smuggle some giant cockroaches from China through customs to get started.

They breed them big as food there.

Or pic related, Australian cockroaches.
>>
>>7762688
Try growing them in a hyperbaric chamber, the more oxygen they have the less the natural atmospheric conditions can limit their development. Back in the hyper-oxygenated carboniferous period there were bugs as large as VW beetles crawling around, I dont see why roaches should be any different
>>
>>7762688
Don't bother selecting. Just let their larvae grow up and metamorphose in a high oxygen atmosphere. Back in prehistoric times when oxygen was more prevalent in the atmosphere you had giant insects. Insects in fact haven't changed that much so its worth a try.
>>
>>7766880
There were very large arthropods (2 meter millipedes!) but the biggest insect fossils we've identified are of giant dragonflys with bodies about the size of a crow and 70 cm wingspans. Having more than six legs makes being huge a lot easier presumably.
>>
>>7762688
Never if nature is kind
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.