[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw correcting the textbook author

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1451311848395.png (108KB, 270x394px) Image search: [Google]
1451311848395.png
108KB, 270x394px
>tfw correcting the textbook author
>>
>>7762054
I'd correct Karen's textbook, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>7762070
No I don't.
>>
>>7762075
It means to have sex with Karen, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>7762070
Who's Karen?
>>
>only wizards here

What's a textbook? Don't all books contain text? Who is this Karen
>>
>>7762080
Textbooks are books that are used to study a particular subject. "Manuals of instruction", if you will.

Karen is the anime girl in the image that OP associated with the feeling he gets when he corrects the author of a textbook he is reading.
>>
>>7762078
That may be difficult.
>>
>tfw sending all the overzealous undergrads' emails straight to trash
>>
File: counting-the-savings.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
counting-the-savings.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>7762216
>>
>>7762054
>find poor wording in a book that makes a solution impossible
>"you should send an email to the author "
>don't

In grad school
>find part of book's problem is false
>convince entire class and professor that it is wrong after much debate
>never do anything about it

And that's about the only thing I've done.
>>
I was really tempted to call the author of one textbook at about two am one morning to tell him he really screwed up one section.

It was an assembly language textbook and you could tell that he had never actually used the instructions in the discussion.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 843x318px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 843x318px
>>7762216
>purposely use to the word effect as a verb such as to effect change
>every year an overzealous undergrad tries to correct me
Too easy.
>>
File: 1442157170264.png (45KB, 1140x798px) Image search: [Google]
1442157170264.png
45KB, 1140x798px
>tfw correcting a professor

It's a bitter sweet feel desu
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.