[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I subscribe to Jungian psychology >The MBTI personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 68906789078907890.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
68906789078907890.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>I subscribe to Jungian psychology
>The MBTI personality test is a good personality test because it fits me
>Behaviorism is a one dimensional and overly simplistic view on psychology

ITT: Bad psychology
>>
>>7760084
MBTI thread when? I know it's not really reliable, but at least it's fun
>>
>>7760176
Can't you do that over /soc/? Seems more appropriate.
>>
>>7760275
I don't see how that shitty board could be appropriate for a meme psychology thread
>>
>>7760279
Consider yourself lucky I didn't tell you to go to /x/.
>>
>>7760291
>MBTI
>Paranormal
kek
>>
>>7760084
emotions are hyperdimensional beings that sue human minds as a vessel.
>>
>>7760312
Now, that sounds like /x/ material
>>
>>7760084
>>Behaviorism is a one dimensional and overly simplistic view on psychology
But this one has a point.
>>
>>7760328
>>7760176
The point of this thread is to mock bad psychology, not openly admit to believing it.
>>
>>7760332
Come on even if you think cognitive psychology is shit you can't argue neuropsychology is and will be necessary? Behavioral studies have value, but to only restrict yourself to it is silly.
>>
>>7760332
I know, but I like MBTI threads becuse people make shit up around their types and you will end up actually figuring out their personality because of their subjective PoV of them
>>
>>7760338
Actually, behaviorism does utilize neuropsychology and biology to understand how behaviors work on a more neurological level; behaviorism however focuses more on the environmental antecedents of behaviors rather than the biological processes of them. Think of teaching a dog how to do a flip through the use of treats as behaviorism and the whole neurological process that allows the dog to learn that trick as neuropsychology.

What the people I referred to in the OP tend to favor is the idea of personality and labels as opposed to understanding the actual behavior. This leads to the whole circular reasoning of: "he is happy because he is dancing, he is dancing because we know he is happy."
>>
>>7760084
>I juxtapose pictures of an unshaven overweight man wearing an antiquated hat with opinions I disagree with because I am woefully insecure and I can't express myself without resorting to bottom of the barrel memes
sage
>>
File: ENTJ.png (113KB, 1122x595px) Image search: [Google]
ENTJ.png
113KB, 1122x595px
ENTJ master race
>>
File: 16pers.png (72KB, 783x534px) Image search: [Google]
16pers.png
72KB, 783x534px
>>7760084
this is what i scored months ago
will take again and post
>>
>>7760420
Remember, ENTJ is the king, but INTJ is the one playing chess
>>
Sup anons I'm about to graduate from a bachelor degree in psychology in yurop (Italy actually). I was wondering, what's the common view on psychologists in the US? Here a doctor or a lawyer has, all things being equal, more status/respectability than a psychologist. I'm talking about common and even prejudice-influenced ideas about it.
>>
>>7760434
A bachelor in psychology is a background/general ed. degree. It's not a professional degree like law or medicine and not even slightly comparable.
>>
>>7760430
Whatever floats your boat
>>
>>7760414
>opinions I disagree with
>not unscientific nonsense
If someone says any of those things, then they clearly lack an understanding of scientific psychology.

>>7760434
>lay person view
They still believe that psychology is primarily Freudian psychology and there is an all too common view that psychology isn't scientific. Pop psychology is all too common; an example (not necessarily US exclusive view) would be people taking the MBTI seriously.

>professional view
They are mostly eclectic believing in a mix of different psychological paradigms and uses what they believe to be the best parts of each view.
>>
File: 16pers2.png (71KB, 799x519px) Image search: [Google]
16pers2.png
71KB, 799x519px
>>7760423
expected a more drastic difference

Dont really agree with the description though. Comparing to fictional characters, I am more House than L or Sherlock.
>>
>>7760451
So many INTJ masterrace here
>>
File: 1241241241.png (99KB, 1215x797px) Image search: [Google]
1241241241.png
99KB, 1215x797px
Apparently I've become a bit more introverted...

I'm this guy btw -> >>7760420
>>
Can someone feed me up about this MBTI thing? A quick TL;DR version, if possible.
Also what makes it unreliable?

>>7760455
Sounds legit to me
>>
>>7760457
Lacks test retest reliability in otherwords there is a 50% chance that when you retake the test you will get a different personality test. Lacks validity because some of the personality traits test for similar things as opposed to distinct categories. The traits aren't measured on a spectrum but instead are dichotomous meaning someone who scores similarly to someone else may get a different personality entirely.
>>
>>7760455
the questions are changed all the time, some even added that subtlety contradict previous questions.

ex.
Q1: You preform better when working alone.
Q2: Having a group to bounce ideas off benefits you.
>>
>>7760438
I didn't mean about my own degree, I meant about someone who has at least a master, possibly a PhD, in psychology. Let's say clinical psychology, so someone who can be a therapist as well. I'm asking because I heard from a friend that in the US a professional psychologist has better social standing (of course it depends a lot to whom and where you ask, again its common view).
>>
>>7760463
Since Italian it's my first language, I did one Italian test that actually measures traits on a spectrum instead of being dichtomous and then the one on 16personalities, got INTJ in both
>>
>>7760472
>clinical psychology
You actually need an MD to be a clinical psychologist here, not a PhD.

> a friend that in the US a professional psychologist has better social standing (of course it depends a lot to whom and where you ask, again its common view).
Lol, did this fried of yours happen to study psych? Even psych PhDs do not have anywhere near the almighty prestige of medicine and to a lesser extent law.
>>
>>7760476
Getting INTJ is still dichotomous though as it still places you into a category on each of the four traits. If it were something like "more introverted than 52% of the population" instead of just saying your introverted then that would be a spectrum; the problem arises with the people close to the average; as a person can easily be scored as extroverted as opposed to "being more introverted than 49% of the population" with the MBTI.
>>
>>7760485
If "here" are the USA, then that's not true. The degree of a clinical psychologist in the USA is a Ph.D.
>>
>>7760488
Based on my experience, I think it's bullshit because there are no midway personalities

I mean, I sure have a lot of traits similiar to the ones described by INTJ type, but I also find some in INTP and INFJ types, like in certain situations I act more like another type.
Guess it's just a fun thing to mess around with or make probability-based predictions of how a person could act in a certain situation
>>
>>7760520
For instance, there is a high probablity someome who got INTJ will call MBTI bullshit because:
>muh strict definitions

And is probabily a PC player
>>
>>7760523
and the fact that it fails scientifically by lacking both reliability and validity.
>>
>>7760536
Indeed, I had a friend of mine take that test and got 3 different types. Amazing how he could pull from his ass totally different theories to affirm the last type he got as the right one each time
>>
>>7760369
But personality psychology still has merit to the field especially when combined with social psychology and seeing how the two interact. Obviously it is best to understand how all the fields combined and behaviorism is generally a very good model of psychology since it can be so objective but the other models including personality are still important and needed.
>>
>>7760084
>>Behaviorism is a one dimensional and overly simplistic view on psychology
>implying this isn't true
Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but the fedora is you OP.
>>
Go back to /his/
>>
>>7760084
>Behaviorism is a one dimensional and overly simplistic view on psychology
But that's true
>>
>>7760485
>You actually need an MD to be a clinical psychologist here, not a PhD.
Clinical psych is PhD, psychiatrist is MD
>>
>>7760775
>>7760672
Maybe if you actually believe the stereotype that behaviorism doesn't believe in thinking or emotions. But that notion also belongs on this thread.
>>
>any belief in astrology
The worst part of it is that people actually believe this
>>
>Psychoastrology
>animal psychology
>psychology degrees designed to get you HR
>psychology GOD's WAY, written by a mega church priest, sold in every thrift store and bookstore and grocery store
>>
This is controversial outside of /sci/ but I wonder what you guys think
>Gender dysphoria is transphobic! It's changed since DSM iii!
>>
>>7763048
>animal psychology
Do you mean just studying the behavior of animals or do you mean people trying to ascribe human feelings and thinking to animals? Because one of those is reasonable and the other isn't.
>>
>>7761852
Pisces here

I am compassionate, Wise and overly trusting. I'm spiritual and decompress with alone time. I hate know-it-alls but I also hate criticism.

I mean, I really relate to every daily astrology I get from my phone app.
>>
>>7764213
>I am loud and talkative but I am also sometimes quite and reserved
>I am calm and collected but can be angered at times
>I am easy going but I can be anxious at times
>I mean I really relate to every daily astrology I get from my phone app

I really hope you were being sarcastic, because the entire point of astrology is to make a "prediction" that anyone can agree with. Hence each prediction saying two seemingly opposite things about you.
>>
>>7764213
>>7764225
Forer effect, right?
>>
>>7764228
Pisces here

Just fuckin with the guy, no one on /sci/ is an astrologyfag, I hope.

Barnum Forer effect as well as subjective validation.

>The day I planned to get an oil change and they suggested my belts needed to be changed was the same day m astrology said I'd lose money! I AM A CANCER!!
>>
>>7760369
Literally all fields of psychology can be applied with neuropsych methodologies... Behaviourism is loses meaning when you enter the brain
>>
>>7764401
I disagree, behaviorism focuses on things outside of the human brain which affect behavior, environmental antecedents and consequences in order to understand why behaviors occur as opposed to focusing on the human brain.
>>
>>7760084
>personality tests
>labeling behavior or people
>using anecdotes to justify a treatment as opposed to science
>methods of psychology that don't emphasize either biology, genetics, neuropsychology, or behavior
Any of these really.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.