[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: wallpaper-1422986.jpg (289KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-1422986.jpg
289KB, 1600x900px
ITT: We discuss the future.

Where do you see it going for us?
>>
forward
>>
>>6667250
/thread
>>
>>6667254

Never.
>>
File: jean-luc-picard2.jpg (32KB, 451x450px) Image search: [Google]
jean-luc-picard2.jpg
32KB, 451x450px
>>6667250

engage!
>>
>>6667248
Nowhere good.
We will kill ourselves off eventually in a few centuries max. We won't even have left the solar system. After that, nature will take its course and the sun will die and a while later the heat death of the universe will make life anywhere impossible. The end.
>>
following Edison's example, through polyphasic sleep i'm learning to spend more and more time in the future. thus far i have over 30 patent applications pending, and in development.
Like Edison, it takes experimentation to figure out the materials to use. He knew that the light bulb worked, but had to try thousands of materials before he found what worked.

It's maddening, sometimes I can touch and even taste it in my dreams but it's hard to really examine.
>>
>>6667280
You sound deep and knowledgeable, anon

Upvote for you
>>
largely similar to today, culturally speaking
few things fundamentally change our cultural mindset or way of life, computers and the internet was one and possibly the only example of the past 40 years
>>
>>6667280
Kinda sad to think about. I wonder if there's any humanoids that could possibly find a way to circumvent the heat death of the universe? (that is assuming we don't kill ourselves before we evolve). Even though I won't be around to see it, it'd be nice to have a society spread out among the stars. It'd be a shame for it to meet such a cruel end
>>
>>6667280
What about the alternate universe in which a guy comes up with a way to save all life in all the universes that exist?
>>
>>6667248
The future is further beyond anything Roddenberry could have imagined. Like a locust, humanity will infest more than 40 galaxies (without the war factor that is). Fortunately we will evolve beyond our bodies before the heat loss in trillions of years.

>>6667280
We will only kill "most" of ourselves. We manage to survive as a species for 19 trillion more years.

>>6667326
I'd love a basic explanation of just ONE patent pending idea.

>>6667890
Not going to happen. The majority of species that still exist physically will simply follow each other to the next galaxy. On average (during these great migrations) about 15 species survive the radical transition to start all over.
>>
File: 1271821673633.gif (431KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1271821673633.gif
431KB, 175x175px
>>6667946
You seem you know what you're talking about.

I would like some sources, please.
>>
>>6667946
My investors will not let me talk about the inventions that I've witnessed until after those patents are issued and their profits secured.
It takes nothing to dream, but it costs a fortune to make something of those dreams, and I could not do it alone.
While I can't speak about the future technologies at this time, that non-disclosure agreement does not bind me from encouraging others to do the same things that I am doing, for the betterment of mankind.
Choose your investors, and your targets wisely, the world is much more racist than you can imagine.
Edison did not invent the light bulb, the phonograph, or the motion picture projector. He simply witnessed these devices in his dreams.
He was uneducated, and couldn't explain how they worked. It was his assistant that helped to create them. I will even suggest that Edison's lack of understanding was to his advantage, because it prevented him from making presumptions, and allowed him to focus on the physical facts. (something we rarely see today, with scientific dogma)
Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful, but if it's any consolation, the future is awesome. Master your dreams, and go anywhere, any time.
>>
>>6667280
>le angry edgy teen

>>6667248
Good things lie ahead. Start thinking in a positive way.
>>
File: kaya.jpg (129KB, 634x893px) Image search: [Google]
kaya.jpg
129KB, 634x893px
downloadable girlfriends
>>
>>6667248
the disestablishment of the nation state and the rise of pockets of corporate controlled areas.

the complete map of the human epigenome and therefore an intense understanding on how clinical problems arise in not just yourself but in your children's children.

big advancements in virtual reality. You're waifu will one day be with you.
>>
>>6668201

What are you on, mate? Please explain how you witness the future in your dreams.
Polyphasic sleep is nothing magical
>>
>>6668289
>What are you on

Ha, i'm not on anything. Drugs might make you trip, but from everyone I've talked to on the subject, you lack control when doing so.

Polyphasic sleep helps you escape the phase lock of consciousness. When everyone else is sleeping there are a billion distractions. Night is no time to be dreaming, but simply day-dreaming is not as effective. By conditioning yourself to sleep short periods, you get away from the deep sleep completely, and can go in and out of lucidity more easily.
>>
>>6667248
DEEAAAAAATH
DOOOOOOOOM
DESTRUUUCTION
BAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>6668234
Filthy neggers don't even know how to do that. We could be living in a multigalaxy utopia and doing experiments on stabilizing the universe and they'd still be whining about how next year everything's going to go to shit.
>>
>>6668337
You and I both know that they are incapable, and are merely being manipulated by others. Left to their own devices the black population would go extinct.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.