[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tesla wireless transmission of electricity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 32

File: thetwotowers.jpg (34KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
thetwotowers.jpg
34KB, 480x358px
Russian Physicists Launch Campaign to Rebuild Tesla's Wardenclyffe Tower and Power the World
“Tesla was right and we are ready to prove it!” So say the two Russian physicists who have just launched an Indiegogo campaign to rebuild Nikola Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower in Fall, 2014. Tesla believed that the tower could transmit power wirelessly but this was never definitively proven in his lifetime. If he was right, and after extensive study the team are convinced he was, the project could provide an efficient, worldwide energy transmission system that would distribute all the clean energy we can use.
Indiegogo campaign
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/planetary-energy-transmitter

--

Is this bullshit?
>>
>>6603332
>Is this bullshit?

Probably.
>>
>>6603332
>trips of truth

>Is this bullshit?
No

they really are collecting money to do it

to answer the implied question...

NO

Tesla's ideas will work
see >>>6597804
>>
>>6603332
It's basic physics that it will work, it's just pointlessly inefficient due to the inverse square law. To say nothing of how people would react to the idea of you pumping out gigawatts of radio waces everywhere when they already get buttmad about cellphones , where you'd find the spectrum etc.
>>
>>6603332
Also wireless power transmission is an increasingly popular technology but only over very short distances (charging pads for phones etc) whete it actually makes sense.
>>
>>6603403
>it's just pointlessly inefficient due to the inverse square law.

to say you understand enough physics to state that
>It's basic physics that it will work

and then quote the inverse square law... ???

that law of propagation DOES NOT apply in a waveguide as any person educated in physics knows
>>
>>6603409
Implying I actually read the link, posting from my phone hence the constant typo's. Yeah maybe it could work with the next generation electronically steered beaming tech that's coming for mesh network wifi etc, but that doesn't equate to Tesla being retrospectively proven right since that wasn't his proposal.
>>
>>6603409
Uhh... yes it does. If you think otherwise please share a link or something.

Anything radiating from a center point outwards drops as a one over square, particles or matter. It might be even less due to attenuation of the materials around it, but you want to focus the energy that's call wires.
>>
File: coax-attenuation.gif (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
coax-attenuation.gif
17KB, 480x360px
>>6603413
>if you think otherwise please share a link or something.

I don't THINK otherwise I know! read up on it anon and educate yourself

please read
http://www.antenna-theory.com/tutorial/waveguides/waveguide.php#waveguides

if you don't understand propagation properties of a waveguide you don't really understand EM

if you look at the attenuation losses for transmission lines and waveguides you will find that when they list or chart attenuation / distance it is always just distance and NOT distance squared

db / 100 ft is common.... NOT distance squared

so where did the "inverse square law of attenuation" go ???
>>
>>6603409
>>6603420
And what exactly will act as a waveguide inbetween those tesla towers? Air?
You're so full of shit it hurts to read you.
>>
>>6603435
>You're so full of shit it hurts to read you.

you can read???

the earth / ionosphere acts as the waveguide.

if ya wanna look it up it's called the Schumann cavity
>>
File: zappaClosedMind.jpg (18KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
zappaClosedMind.jpg
18KB, 319x320px
>>6603435
This global electromagnetic resonance phenomenon is named after physicist Winfried Otto Schumann who predicted it mathematically in 1952. Schumann resonances occur because the space between the surface of the Earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a closed waveguide.
>>
>>6603435

The trick is to contain EM waves in the resonant cavity formed by the ground and ionosphere.

You clearly know nothing about radio propagation, or EM.

Commercial radio operation, and shortwave radio users already bounce radition off the ionosphere to get around the problem of transmitting to location beyond the horizon to overcome the line of sight problem.

You know nothing of modern EM or current commercial radio.

Don't post on /sci/ or at least stay in the carl Sagan, 1/0, 1/3+1/3 +1/3= .999, atheist, popsci threads. You don't belong in discussions regarding real technology.
>>
>>6603460
>The trick is to contain EM waves in the resonant cavity formed by the ground and ionosphere.

yup, you got it. that's the main problem, and it's not much of a problem if you actually understand the physics behind what's going on>>6603460
>You clearly know nothing about radio propagation, or EM

well, having been educated at purdue in EE and working for years as a broadcast engineer certified by the SBE I'd beg to differ from your "educated" opinion
>Commercial radio operation, and shortwave radio users already bounce radition off the ionosphere to get around the problem of transmitting to location beyond the horizon to overcome the line of sight problem.

>You know nothing of modern EM or current commercial radio.

confirmed for idiot
>>
File: resonant.png (78KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
resonant.png
78KB, 274x184px
>>6603475

so you're an educated idiot?

I have a master in EE, and I also work in the industry. I have the misfortune of interacting with people like you on a daily basis.

Regardless the resonant properties of the earth have long been established. Pic related. Is this news to you?
>>
>>6603332
>Tesla believed that the tower could transmit power wirelessly but this was never definitively proven in his lifetime.

No, he could transmit power, just not with any practical efficiency over long distances.

>all the clean energy we can use.

What makes it "clean?"
>>
File: ionosphere.gif (20KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
ionosphere.gif
20KB, 600x300px
>>6603475

People are using the ionosphere to bounce waves between the upper atmosphere and ground at this very moment.
>>
>>6603491

>No, he could transmit power, just not with any practical efficiency over long distances

[citation needed]

What exactly is the quality of the Schumann resonance cavity? This is really the only relevant parameter. Do you know it? are you just pulling this out of your ass?
>>
File: SBEcert.jpg (69KB, 368x223px) Image search: [Google]
SBEcert.jpg
69KB, 368x223px
>>6603488
nope, commonly called "skip" uses the F layer or one of it's subsets

if you're in "the industry" as you claim post proof
>pic related
>>
>>6603491

the current energy grid looses half the power generated over long distances. What is the efficiency of Teslas method?
>>
File: tesla_knew_it.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tesla_knew_it.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>6603332
>Is this bullshit?
no, it's an experiment
and in science experiment is king
>>
File: Picture 36.jpg (437KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 36.jpg
437KB, 1280x960px
>>6603488
>>6603491
>>6603508
>>6603510
please read
http://globalenergytransmission.com/index.php/en/latest-news/27-examining-working-principle-of-tesla-tower

and then look up the related (and listed on that page) NASA studies

right now I'm goin to da swimmn hole

I'll be back in 8 or 10 hours to continue this conversation if anyone is actually interested in learning

>pic related
>>
>>6603511

>commonly called "skip"

ok, lets start from there. You realize that you can bounce EM off the upper atmosphere. Now think really hard. When you can bounce EM off the upper atmosphere and the ground don't you think you've created something like a resonant cavity, equivalent to a closed conductive volume?

Do you still argue there isn't a sort of wave guide of resonant cavity here?

I don't care about your card. Tesla proposed the idea of wireless energy transmission using there phenomena. You'd need a hell of a lot more credentials to be an authority above Tesla.
>>
>>6603332
Why are they doing this?
>>
>>6603510
>[citation needed]

userious? Wireless power is easy if you don't care how much you lose. For example, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio

>>6603512
>the current energy grid looses half the power generated over long distances. What is the efficiency of Teslas method?

Much, much, much worse.
>>
>>6603535

So you don't have any comparison at all, huh?

Why even post a reply if you have no real response?

I see that link is for a radio, but you have to remember what Tesla proposed does not use traditional frequency radio waves, nor does it even use traditional radio concepts.

It uses concepts or resonance, waveguides, hollow conductive volumes, ... You're comparison, which doesn't even include numbers, is comparing apples to oranges, any way.

I'll give you a big hint here how to make the whole concept fall to pieces. You just need to show that the resonant cavity created by the earth and upper atmosphere has poor quality. That's it. Just show the ratio of propagated energy to dissipated energy is very low.
>>
????-3, since the 70s
>>
>>6603535

I think you should read the source given in the thread. You are out of touch on many of these concepts. The article does address the questions which I am talking about. It claims the quality is high. Can you refute that?

"Attenuation constant equal to 10-9 means that wave amplitude will decrease by 1-e-x10^(-9)=2% along all the length of way «x» of wave from opposite point of globe being about 20000km.
Extremely high Q-factor of resonator Earth-Ionosphere corresponds to that phenomenon described above (its value is much greater than one hundred) for such mode in comparison to mechanism of distribution of conventional radio waves via re-reflection from Earth-Ionosphere borders. And even worsening of assessed conductivity by 10-100 times (which is sensible in terms of ionosphere) does not result in fatal consequences in terms of the fact that such resonance might exist.

We came to conclusion that, in principle, sought resonance can take a place based on physical parameters of a resonator, however real Q-factor of such resonance can have plug by 10-100 times (but even at the worst combination of parameters its value shouldn't be lower than one hundred).

Similar assessment of possible high Q-factor of ??-modes in the resonator Earth-Ionosphere was demonstrated in Davidovich work and it was referred as “modes of multilayered concentric spherical resonator”."
>>
>>6603475
>having been educated at purdue in EE and working for years

I'd like to tell you a funny anecdote about I guy I knew from purdue.

He was the department chair and a professor at my alma mater. He did research on mosfets with high K dielectrics, and a hardcore quantum physicist.

He asked me for a solver for the electric field from high k dielectrics and conductors. He made a big point about the fact that my solver had to include both high K dielectrics and conductors. I worked real hard and spent hundreds of hours to retrofit my conductor solver to include high K dielectrics. When I finally presented it to him I said "you know it probably would have been easier to just solve for conductor and grounded conductor" He then looked at me funny and asked "what is the relation between the fields from grounded conductors and high k dielectrics?". The thing is grounded conductor and high k dielectric have the exactly same fields, and he didn't have a clue.

He was also surprised when I told him the modes of resonant EM cavities weren't just integer overtones like a mechanically oscillating string.

It's cool you went to purdue, bro, but it doesn't mean much to me.
>>
>>6603332
trust me on this even if it would work it'd be dangerous for people in the long term. minute exposure won't be noticeable but higher energy transmission for sustained periods of time will induce cancer or even chromosomal damage in reproductive organs (see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24927498 this is short term by the way not over 30 years or more). The base energy required to do something like this through induction over long distances is dangerous to humans. even if it wasn't induction but something similar to RF waves the energy we need as a society would be too high for safe levels of transmission. I'll admit there might be something I've forgot to account for or missed but from what I know this seems to be somewhat risky for long term usage. Data on cancer is somewhat inconclusive.
>>
>>6603620

The frequency is very low. It's very unlikely even a portion of the energy would be absorbed by your body. The wavelength is on the order or miles long. Your body is completely transparent to radiation at this frequency.

You are comparing apples to oranges. The difference between the frequencies it the same difference between radio waves and x rays and between x-rays and gamma rays. There is no comparison possible. Would it surprise you that you are exposed to low frequency electricity all the time?

The earth and low atmosphere are charged and there is an ever present static electric field from the earth to the sky. That's 0Hz, but the frequencies Tesla was talking about were, if I remember correctly <100HZ, the industrial power grid runs at 60Hz, so you've been exposed to these low and DC electric and magnetic field for your entire life.

I suppose it could be different now that the field is more powerful, and maybe it could confuse animals who depend on static electric and magnetic fields, but this is all conjecture, and may have no effect at all.
>>
>>6603670
fair enough. I didn't know the specifics
>>
File: elf.jpg (31KB, 586x198px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
31KB, 586x198px
>>6603670
>The frequency is very low.

Exactly that is the problem. The lower the frequency the more biologically effective it is. Imagine GWs of ELF energy circulating around the globe; a nightmare scenario.

"After demonstrating the neurological responses of sensitive individuals, and doing preliminary mapping of subjective states as reported for various specific frequencies (defined to 1/100 Hz on a digital frequency counter attached to the ELF generator), experiments were undertaken on a broader scale with totally unaware subjects, such as customers at local coffee shops during rush hours. This obviated the variables of "suggestion", "expectancy" or "hypnosis".

Anecdotal data amassed suggesting that a pocket-sized transmitter at power levels of under 100 milliwatts could drastically alter the moods of unsuspecting persons, and that vast geographical areas could be surreptitiously mood manipulated by invisible and remote transmissions of EM energy. Tests were rapidly abandoned after dramatic proof because of ethical considerations."

Wouldn't it be better to download energy from the ionosphere and distribute it through the existing grid?
>>
>>6603967

0 is the lowest frequency. Does this manipulate moods too?

During a thunder storm the electric field between the earth and the thunder heads exceed 10000V/cm. What about ESD? Whenever I walk around I generate thousands of volts of potential, and I get shocked when I touch anything that conducts.

If extremely low frequency is hazardous to human I argue that static electric and magnetic field must also be hazardous. My person experience is that they do not.
>>
>>6603985
Look at the brainwave frequencies to find the clue.
>>
>>6603515
this guy gets it

>>6603519
>When you can bounce EM off the upper atmosphere and the ground don't you think you've created something like a resonant cavity, equivalent to a closed conductive volume?

it exists regardless of any man-made RF

>Do you still argue there isn't a sort of wave guide of resonant cavity here?
actually, I happen to believe Tesla was right about a lot of things, including wireless transmission of power

>>6603549
>I think you should read the source given in the thread.

I read it b4 I posted it.

>>6603574
>It's cool you went to purdue, bro, but it doesn't mean much to me.
nor me either, the biggest thing purdue taught me was how to use the library system and periodicals

>>6603620
>trust me on this even if it would work it'd be dangerous for people in the long term.

well... I've worked with many different frequencies of RF over the years and I have to agree that exposure to RF is not something to take lightly.
However as >>6603670 points out we all have been exposed to 60 / 50 Hz for our entire lives

>>6604073
>Look at the brainwave frequencies to find the clue

In my opinion this is a legitimate concern. some of the harmonics from this system may include frequencies that are very very close to the natural brainwave frequencies of humans
>>
>>6604073

I know it's common to think of brain waves and neural activity as electrical buy it's really not. Its chemical in nature. To absorb radiation at these frequencies you'd need a HUGE TOWER. The wavelength is miles long. Your body is not capable of absorbing radiation the same way a HUGE tower does, and nothing in your head is capable of absorbing radiation the way a HUGE conducting tower does either.

There is nothing that leads me to believe the field from Tesla Towers would harm people. Tesla did experiments with Tesla Towers himself. He survived. People even own wireless power machines, they survive. There is no reason to believe These towers would harm anyone.
>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectenna
>>
>>6603332
High power RF energy is inimical to protoplasmic lifeforms. Tesla's idea would kill millions of people and animals.
>>
>>
>>6604196
>In my opinion this is a legitimate concern.

before using a cellphone
apply one or two protective layers of foil
to your head and genitals
just to be safe
>>
>>6603332
>inb4 this will be Mankinds extinction event
preparing my tinfoil hat farday cage now so I can live to see the next age
>>
So on one tower you use electricity to power a giant laser which you focus to the second tower. The laser heats up water, turns turbine, and produces electricity at the second tower. Sounds plausible. The only problem i see is any birds that fly through the laser beam will probably get evaporated.
>>
File: P1050510.jpg (567KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
P1050510.jpg
567KB, 1280x960px
>>6604639
>The only problem i see is any birds that fly through the laser beam will probably get evaporated.

That's not a problem, it a bonus feature of the design. Neighborhoods under the beams will not only get power, they get free hot-wings as well.
>>
>>6604590
do they even sell tinfoil anymore?
all i find is aluminium
the properties of the two are not the same.
>>
It's bs to jew money out of people.

What do you think the likelyhood is of the solution to global power consumption being funded on indiegogo by redditors?
>>
>>6604681
That argument is not relevent, you should die for trying to say it
>>
>>6604649
why would you make me hungry for hot wings when I'm about to go to bed?
>>
>>6604649
I wonder if lasers are protected by the second amendment.
>>
>>6604561
nice, but mostly irrelevant and misleading.

on the one hand it shows that wireless power CAN be transmitted.

BUT on the other hand it was very inefficient and besides all that Tesla's idea does NOT USE MICROWAVES, Tesla and the Russian project both used frequencies in the ELF band (below 300 KHz)

>>6604527
>I know it's common to think of brain waves and neural activity as electrical buy it's really not.
then please explain TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) and how it has an effect on a purely chemical signaling process

SHITPOSTERS
>they're here
>>6604590
>>6604634
>>6604639
>>6604649
>>6604681
>>6604712
>>6604814
>>
File: 787px-EM_spectrum.svg.png (46KB, 787x421px) Image search: [Google]
787px-EM_spectrum.svg.png
46KB, 787x421px
>>6604827
>nice, but mostly irrelevant and misleading.
the misleading part is putting someone else's name on Tesla's work.

>>6604827
>on the one hand it shows that wireless power CAN be transmitted.
if you just figured that out, you've been living under a rock.

>>6604827
>Tesla and the Russian project both used frequencies in the ELF band (below 300 KHz)

I hate to break it to you anon, but you 300 KHz
isn't even close to the ELF range ( 3 to 30 Hz)

Tesla's work went up into the range of xrays.

Resonance frequency scales with the size of the toroid array.
>>
>>6605352
>I hate to break it to you anon, but you 300 KHz
there is some disagreement with that number
>ELF is a subradio frequency.[5] Some medical peer reviewed journal articles refer to ELF in the context of "extremely low frequency (ELF) magnetic fields (MF)" with frequencies of 50 Hz[6] and 50–80 Hz.[7] United States Government agencies, such as NASA, describe ELF as non-ionizing radiation with frequencies between 0 and 300 Hz.[5] The World Health Organization (WHO) have used ELF to refer to the concept of "extremely low frequency (ELF) electric and magnetic fields (EMF)"[8] and have also referred to "ELF electric and magnetic fields in the frequency range >0 to 100,000 Hz (100 kHz)."[9] The WHO also stated that at frequencies between 0 and 300 Hz, "the wavelengths in air are very long (6000 km at 50 Hz and 5000 km at 60 Hz), and, in practical situations, the electric and magnetic fields act independently of one another and are measured separately."[8]

plus I mis typed a KHz when I meant Hz
>>
>>6605352
>I hate to break it to you anon, but you 300 KHz
>isn't even close to the ELF range ( 3 to 30 Hz)

I mis-typed KHz for Hz, my bad
but dear anon there seems to be some disagreement about those numbers anywho
>ELF is a subradio frequency.[5] Some medical peer reviewed journal articles refer to ELF in the context of "extremely low frequency (ELF) magnetic fields (MF)" with frequencies of 50 Hz[6] and 50–80 Hz.[7] United States Government agencies, such as NASA, describe ELF as non-ionizing radiation with frequencies between 0 and 300 Hz.[5] The World Health Organization (WHO) have used ELF to refer to the concept of "extremely low frequency (ELF) electric and magnetic fields (EMF)"[8] and have also referred to "ELF electric and magnetic fields in the frequency range >0 to 100,000 Hz (100 kHz)."[9] The WHO also stated that at frequencies between 0 and 300 Hz, "the wavelengths in air are very long (6000 km at 50 Hz and 5000 km at 60 Hz), and, in practical situations, the electric and magnetic fields act independently of one another and are measured separately."[8]

a quote from wiki
>inb4 plebian source

>if you just figured that out, you've been living under a rock.

actually I've been posting in favor of Tesla's work, I'm just not a fanatic. my opinions are based upon experience and fact
>>
File: holiday-specials-gameofthrones.jpg (53KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
holiday-specials-gameofthrones.jpg
53KB, 500x335px
>>6605812
>>
>>6604547

>RF energy

but it's not RF energy Its well below Radio Frequency. It's practically DC.
>>
>>6604681

>It's bs to jew money out of people.

Telsa never tried to jew anyone. In fact, he was in a position to make a portion of all money from AC power delivery. He took nothing. His ideas were only to "accelerate the human mass", in his words. He only ever wanted to advance humanity through technology.
>>
File: mri-img4[1].jpg (6KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
mri-img4[1].jpg
6KB, 250x167px
>>6604827

I know it's common to think of brain waves and neural activity as electrical buy it's really not

> then please explain transcranial magnetic stimulation

ok, lets check out the wiki entry. An excerpt follows:

[InTMS ], The magnetic field is about the same strength as that of a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan

I argue that TMS proves the bran is not electromagnetic in nature. Do you know how intense the magnetic field for MRI is? The magnetic field associated with MRI are large enough to destroy common electronics, but only has a tiny effect on the brain. Try getting a MRI magnet near your cell phone or laptop and you've bricked it. get it near your arm or head and guess what? Little to nothing happens.

The reality is that everything is weakly diamagnetic, so with intense field strengths you will always get some reaction, but this does not prove every phenomena is magnetic in nature.

Jut look it up. The brain send signals through neural transmitters. They maybe have a weak dipole moment, but to describe their behavior primarily in terms electromagnetics is not accurate.
>>
>>6605352

>Tesla's work went up into the range of xrays

perhaps something Tesla was working on involved x-rays, but the resonance of the earth was known to him to be in the ELF range . Why do you think he built a huge tower? The wavelength is proportional to the volume. In this case, the volume is the atmosphere of the earth. The tower was probably some small fraction of the wavelength. The frequency is inversely proportional to the wavelength. The wavelengths were giant and the frequency is extremely low
>>
>>6606155
>The reality is that everything is weakly diamagnetic

ya, I remember when they got a live frog to "levitate" in a 3 Tesla field.

>>6606155
>I argue that TMS proves the bran is not electromagnetic in nature.

ok then how about EEG ?

the "cephalic" signal is electrical, hence there must be some electrical component.

and the TMS can inhibit neural activity
>>
>>6606155
It is electrical. Conduction in the brain is saltatory or electrical, depending on myelination.
>>
>>6606180

>ok then how about EEG

A typical adult human EEG signal is about 10 µV

This is nothing. A .00001Volts is a byproduct of neural activity. So what? If the primary information carrier was voltage, don't you think the 60Hz .01 volt signal leaking out of the power grid would make thinking impossible?

What about when you get static electricity that's over 10000V/cm, yet has no observable effect on anyone's thinking processes.
>>
>>6606197
>This is nothing.
well, it's not nothing, it is definitely something, albeit small.

you've got a little ignorance showing there... the electrical field necessary to induce that 10 µV signal in the brain will need to be enormous . and to have any effect it would need to match the brainwaves currently in that brain not only in frequency but in phase as well.

for example a typical radio station broadcasts with 50,000 watts to induce a 1µV signal on a tuned antenna 20 miles away.

now brain tissue isn't that conductive nor is it large enough to have anything close to a resonant structure at those frequencies, but under proper circumstances (proper frequency and intensity) electrical fields can interfere with brain activity...

the electric grid 50 / 60 Hz
brain activity
Delta wave – (0.1 – 3 Hz)
Theta wave – (4 – 7 Hz)
Alpha wave – (8 – 15 Hz)
Mu wave – (7.5 – 12.5 Hz)
SMR wave – (12.5 – 15.5 Hz)
Beta wave – (16 – 31 Hz)
Gamma wave – (32 – 100 Hz)

so it would fall under the Gamma waves, and we find
>The gamma waves were most apparent at a frequency of 40 Hz

so far no frequency matches... so the power grid is not gonna do it.
>>
>>6606231
from
Observation of Schumann Resonances in the Earth’s Ionosphere
By
Fernando Simões, Robert Pfaff*, Henry Freudenreich
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center

Schumann Resonances and the Surface-Ionosphere Cavity
The Earth can be regarded as a nearly conducting sphere, wrapped in a thin dielectric
atmosphere that extends up to the ionosphere, for which the conductivity is also substantial.
Atmospheric electric discharges generate broadband electromagnetic waves that propagate
between the surface and the lower boundary of the ionosphere (~100 km). These two layers
define the surface-ionosphere cavity, which supports both longitudinal and transverse
electromagnetic modes. Lightning, most frequent over continents, particularly at low latitudes,
induces the development of standing waves, whose wavelength is related to the radius of the
cavity. For a thin, lossless cavity, the eigenfrequencies are approximately given by ?n =
(c/R)(n(n+1))1/2, where c is the velocity of light, R is the Earth radius, and n=1,2,3,… is the
corresponding eigenmode1. When more realistic conditions are considered, namely losses in the
cavity, variability of the upper boundary, and finite ionospheric conductivity, the
eigenfrequencies are somewhat lower3. The average measured frequencies of the five lowest
eigenmodes are, approximately, 7.8, 14.3, 20.8, 27.3, and 33.8 Hz[2], which fall in the Extremely
Low Frequency (ELF) range. The Q-factor is commonly defined as the ratio of the accumulated
field power to the power lost in the oscillation period. The Q-factors for Schumann resonances
are ~5 and provide estimates of wave propagation conditions in the cavity.

which means that propagation as Tesla foretold is quite feasable
>>
>>6603544
>Just show the ratio of propagated energy to dissipated energy is very low.

see>>6603549
>>6606397
the 2nd one has real data from NASA behind it and it says Q factor of ~5
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgll-XTqcS4
>>
>>6606231

>the electrical field necessary to induce that 10 µV signal in the brain will need to be enormous

but it isn't.

>for example a typical radio station broadcasts with 50,000 watts to induce a 1µV signal on a tuned antenna 20 miles away.

yeah, but you see you've forgot the inverse square law.

the 10uV for the radio station has a distance of 20miles. The brains 10uv on an EEG is a centimeters away.

20 miles is 3 million centimeters. (3000000cm/1cm)^2 = 9e+12

so the radio station has a field 10 trillion times larger. You can't say thats comparable, but that's what you are doing. So what is the power now?

50,000watts / 10^13 = 5^(-10)watts

you see here? your brain is not electrical. It dissipates electrical energy on the order of picowatts.

Your brain is primarily chemical. That's why when you take some LSD, lead, lithium, Nitrogen gas your brain gets completely fucked-up, but when you get in an MRI very little to nothing happens.
>>
>>6606231

the 10uv is not the carrier of information in your brain. It's a byproduct. you have proved this by mentioning that this is the voltage range of radio. If the 10uV was the information carrier and not just an observable byproduct, then radio waves would be scrambling our though processes all day.
>>
File: Samus.jpg (195KB, 909x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Samus.jpg
195KB, 909x1500px
>>6604196

I love you /sci/

I hope that one day I too can argue with people across the internet about the application of scientific principles and call them faggots.

For now I continue to study hard.
>>
>>6603491
I can see clean - solar panels in the desert, then transmit the power long distances w/o wires....

How is it that a trillion natural ( or artificial ) antennae don't pick up the power and sap the power and cause fires globally? Also, what percentage radiates to space?

Also, do we want to broadcast our existence so powerfully?

Also, how to charge?

Also, so the power bounces around the atmosphere, it's still diffuse over the surface of the earth... what are they gonna do about that?
>>
File: rectenna.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
rectenna.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>6604545
This is a rectenna.
>>
>>6606231
In the Gamma range, we find the infamous Brown Note, associated with uncontrollable flatus and bowel movements. ( ~60 hz )
>>
>>6606730
>That's why when you take some LSD
you might want to start cutting back there bub

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK98147/
>>
>>6606756
>study hard
>posting pictures of metroid on a cartoon forum
>>
File: bb.jpg (59KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
59KB, 800x540px
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmniTVagclA

If you aren't familiar with electronics, i've attached this photo for reference.
Most of the nervous system is electrical signals, but the design incorporates multiple isolation gates /relays along the pathways which are chemical in nature. Similar to the opto coupler circuit in electronics, which shields one section of the nervous system from the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CepeYFvqmk4
>>
File: potatobattery4[1].jpg (88KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
potatobattery4[1].jpg
88KB, 600x448px
>>6606828
interesting article. It says the difference between a activated neuron and a neuron at rest is .01volts.

A potato has a voltage of about 1v which is 100 times greater.

Would you argue potatoes are electrical in nature? Does the plant supply a voltage to make it grow, and when we eat it we are using it as a battery and recovering the electricity from it?

Lets get back to reality. To stimulate the resonance of the earth you need an antenna that is on the order of miles long. Your brain is inches long and is not a conductor. How exactly are 7.8Hz, 14.3Hz, 20.8Hz, 27.3Hz, and 33.8 Hz signals going to be induced into a persons brain?

lets calculate the ideal antenna length. C/f=L. Where c is the speed of light, L is the wavelength, and f is frequency.

(3E8m/s)/(15/s) = 20000000

The ideal antenna would be a metal pole that is 20000km long. I don't understand how you think you brain is comparable to this antenna. It's physically impossible for this radiation to interact with your body in any way.
>>
>>6606848

Pic is an ELF transmitter.

By the principle of reciprocity. Whatever receives the ELF needs to be a similar system.

Explain how your body is similar to the ELF transmitter.
>>
File: elftxsubtxf[1].jpg (35KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
elftxsubtxf[1].jpg
35KB, 600x454px
>>6606972

I forgot the pic.
>>
File: clip.png (111KB, 621x506px) Image search: [Google]
clip.png
111KB, 621x506px
>>6606972
pic is an opto coupler. optical as the name implies the LED emits light that is in turn received by the photo diode switch.

isolating your cpu from sensory input, your body does the same through chemical switching.
>>
>>6606972
>Explain how your body is similar to the ELF transmitter.
your heart rate could be equated with frequency
amp it up enough, your ears will receive the kinetic power.
>>
>>6606948
>It's physically impossible for this radiation to interact with your body in any way.

a bold statement from a potato

>The ideal antenna would be a metal pole that is 20000km long. I don't understand how you think you brain is comparable to this antenna.

I've seen people with an ego that big
>>
>>6606948
>A potato has a voltage of about 1v which is 100 times greater.

a potato produces no signal, it the example you give it is used as a battery.

the human brain produces "signals" that is to say, variations in electrical intensity that can be sensed without physical contact
>>
>>6607039
>the human brain produces "signals" that is to say, variations in electrical intensity that can be sensed without physical contact

EEG measures fluctuation externally that are caused by signals within the brain, it does not measure the signals themselves.
credit to the guy who stuck probes on his dog's head and came up with the idea, but he was no brain surgeon.
>>
>>6607035

>a bold statement from a potato
>I've seen people with an ego that big
>isolating your cpu from sensory input, your body does the same through chemical switching.

Clearly, this is not a scientific discussion. How about this? I actually KNEW a guy who worked in an ELF transmitter.

Yes, even though you thinks i'd be fatal, people in the real world use ELF and there are humans who operate the ELF transmitters.

The guy I knew was doing it while working for the military. The application was communication with submarines out in the middle of the ocean.

Things to note
1. He didn't die
2. he never complained about the ELF affecting his thought patterns or heart
3. He seemed to be a healthy guy, even decades after his exposure to ELF.

So explain to me how ELF is no dangerous in light of the fact that I have known the actual people who work on the transmitter.

Also the ELF is not contained to the transmitter itself. Its all over in the atmosphere and in the oceans --everywhere -- explain to me how it is so dangerous yet has never harmed anyone, even people standing inside the transmitter?
>>
File: principle.png (63KB, 374x615px) Image search: [Google]
principle.png
63KB, 374x615px
>>6603967

Now that I've read the project documentation I understand that ELF is not involved. The Plekhanov brothers are planning to use 100kW at a freqency of 10kHz. The PA resembles an induction heater driving a resonant transformation network to power the (top-loaded) antenna.

http://globalenergytransmission.com/index.php/en/latest-news/27-examining-working-principle-of-tesla-tower

http://globalenergytransmission.com/images/documents/Analysis%20of%20Teslas%20patents%20and%20diaries_en_v2.pdf

>>6606948
>How exactly are .. induced into a persons brain?

By using the magnetic component. See TMS and Eastlund patents re change of moods and mental states. This question has already been addressed in this thread; it works.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEUeH5QBE9A

sweet baby jeezus
>>
>>6607071
>See TMS

I did and the magnetic field in TMS is comparable to that of a MRI. What gives you the impression Teslas system would use a magnetic field that intense? I am skeptical humans could ever fill the entire atmosphere with the same field strength as an MRI. That would be such a huge amount of energy it's inconceivable.
>>
>>6607096
>>6607071

tesla coils and his idea to use the earths resonance for wireless power are different projects of his.
>>
>>6607101
nope
same project just reversed. voltage in = lightning out lightning in = voltage out
just reverse the primary and secondary roles
and launch them into the atmosphere.
>>
In earth's atmosphere lightning strikes 8,640,000 per day. Currently (pun) fewer than 100 people are utilizing this energy, and there is enough to power the whole world a billion times over, without significantly reducing the speed of earth's rotation.
>>
>>6607126

lets get into it then.

I have a quote from the Wardenclyffe Towe wiki

"The maximum recommended operating frequencies of 25 kHz as specified by Tesla is far above the highest easily observable Schumann resonance mode (this is the 9th overtone) that exists at approximately 66.4 Hz. Tesla's selection of 25 kHz is wholly inconsistent with the operation of a system that is based upon the direct excitation of a Schumann resonance mode."

it seems tesla was trying to use something other than ELF. If this is true he was doing it wrong. I hope the Russians do not repeat his mistake. It isn't clear to me from the OP what frequency they will use.

In operation there should be no lightning involved what-so-ever.
>>
File: 61-6169-1GSG100Z.jpg (134KB, 894x671px) Image search: [Google]
61-6169-1GSG100Z.jpg
134KB, 894x671px
>>6607143
When the Hindenburg descended it was carrying a massive charge of static electricity. When it approached the grounded mooring tower, the discharge sounded like an explosion.
>>
>>6607148
>The maximum recommended operating frequencies of 25 kHz
by design the coil can handle any frequency the atmosphere can throw at it (if built to specs)
even multiple frequencies at once can be tuned down to useable power.
>>
>>6607166

once again your getting the tesla coil confused with world power transmission. The tesla coil is a thing to produce high voltage and high frequency, while the world power transmitter is supposed to use the earths resonant frequency which is in the ELF range.

It's not supposed to harvest energy. IT's intended to transmit power, Alleviate the need for a power grid.
This thread is about transmitting electrical power through the resonance of the earth-ionosphere system.
>>
>>6607182
>It's not supposed to harvest energy.
Don't you Nuclear Power shills have anything better to do?
tesla wanted to nuke people with radiation hurr hurrr it's a transmitter not a receiver hurr durp
>>
test

this \\
is \\
test
>>
>>6607192

test /newline
[\math]
>>
>>6607194

shit \linebreak
shit
>>
>>6607194

test /newline
shit
[\math]
>>
>>6607101
>tesla coils and his idea to use the earths resonance for wireless power are different projects of his.

nope, same basic equipment.

modern "tesla" coils are NOT what Tesla intended. Tesla did not use his to "make pretty sparks", today that's done by using his resonant transformer commonly called a "tesla coil" at a relatively high frequency because that makes the device smaller.

The major difference is in the frequency. The Tesla device needs to be designed for a specific frequency... these days people just want the pretty sparks so the use a high frequency and relatively small coils. Tesla wanted to transmit power so he needed to match a harmonic of the earths natural resonant frequency. By "tuning" the device to match the earth / ionoshpere's natural frequency power is not radiated off into space, nor is it dissipated in the ordinary distance squared fashion because the energy is a longitudinal wave and does not have a spherical wavefront. In short the energy is confined in a resonant cavity and is propagated as such, which is an entirely different mode of propagation than ordinary transverse radio waves.

>The tesla coil is a thing to produce high voltage and high frequency, while the world power transmitter is supposed to use the earths resonant frequency which is in the ELF range.

it's true the Schumann resonances are in the ELF range, the Tesla device uses a much higher harmonic to get maximum Q factor

>It's not supposed to harvest energy. IT's intended to transmit power, Alleviate the need for a power grid.

actually it IS supposed to harvest power from "parametric resonance" and the ionosphere / solar wind interactions as well as transmit that power wirelessly on a global scale
>>
>>6607099
>TMS is comparable to that of a MRI
No, TMS has much lower flux density.
Also, short term vs. long term exposure:

www.google.com/search?&q=elf%2Beeg%2Bentrainment

SUMMARY

Recent well-documented research suggests that between 25% and 75% of human and animal subjects exhibit psychophysiological sensitivity to magnetic and electrical fields in the extreme low frequency (ELF) ranges corresponding to brainwave spectra.

Neuronal synchronization/desynchronization and brainwave entrainment can be demonstrated clinically in cats, monkeys, and human sensitives in the presence of ELF oscillations of both natural and man-made signals, including pulse-modulated radio frequency carriers.

There is additional evidence that the naturally-occurring earth-ionosphere cavity oscillations (known since 1952 as the "Schumann Resonance") can affect moods, states of consciousness, psychological stress, and health cycles of all life forms.
>>
>>6607566
>There is additional evidence that the naturally-occurring earth-ionosphere cavity oscillations (known since 1952 as the "Schumann Resonance") can affect moods, states of consciousness, psychological stress, and health cycles of all life forms.

I don't want to sound too tinfoil here but... I think it might be more than mere coincidence that the basic Schumann frequencies correspond so closely with human brain wave frequencies.

Just as the human female menstral cycle is 28 days corresponding to the lunar cycle.

we humans are more synched in to natural rhythms than many would like to admit
>>
>>6607566

TMS "uses a magnet instead of an electrical current to activate the brain. An electromagnetic coil is held against the forehead and short electromagnetic pulses are administered through the coil. The magnetic pulse easily passes through the skull, and causes small electrical currents that stimulate nerve cells in the targeted brain region. And because this type of pulse generally does not reach further than two inches into the brain, scientists can select which parts of the brain will be affected and which will not be. The magnetic field is about the same strength as that of a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan."[

I've stated this 3 times already. Can you refute National Institute of Mental Health (2009). "Brain Stimulation Therapies". nimh.nih.gov. Retrieved 12 December 2013.

or are you just gonna keep pulling shit out of your ass?
>>
>>6607566

its your assumption the intensity will be enough to harm anyone. I don't know where you got this impression. I have calculated the field strength of charging the atmosphere enough to supply power to the entire world for the next 1milisecond. The electric field is trivial, because the volume of the atmosphere itself is so immense.

sqrt((2 * (10^8) * watts * .001 * seconds * (1 meter)) / ((10^(-11)) * farads * (10^13) * (m^3))) =

0.447213595 volts / cm

This will not hurt anyone.
>>
>>6607907
>>6607907
But human lifespan is not linked or synced to any natural rhythms.
>>
>>6608032
>But human lifespan is not linked or synced to any natural rhythms.

human lifespan is defined by natural rhythms.
has a pulse = yes / no
is breathing = yes / no
brain activity = yes / no
>>
OP I wish them the best in furthering Tesla's work.
If Russia is able to harness power from the atmosphere, and to provide that free, clean, abundant energy to it's citizens at affordable cost, it would be of great significance to humanity.
And it would serve america right for betraying Tesla the way they did after all he had done for americans.
>>
>>6608485
i think you misunderstand the difference between correlation and causation.

overall lifespans are not dependent on the specific rhythms in your heart or brain. and lack of rhythm only signifies that death has occured, it has obviously no predictive power to tell us when death will occur.
>>
>>6608661
>If Russia is able to harness power from the atmosphere, and to provide that free, clean, abundant energy

I also hope this works... but you need to understand if it does work it will be GLOBAL there won't be any way to confine it to a single country
>>
File: Sherlock-Holmes.jpg (12KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock-Holmes.jpg
12KB, 460x276px
>>6608704
>it has obviously no predictive power to tell us when death will occur.

you are wrong on all counts my dear watsanon.

by reading an EKG, i can tell you when you had your first heart attack, your second, and fairly accurately predict when you will die.
it's all there in black and white.
>>
>>6608741
>there won't be any way to confine it to a single country
you grossly underestimate the control that corporations have over certain governments.
attempting a free energy start-up in america, would be futile. but yes, other parts of the world would follow, so you can still call it global, even if americans remain slaves to their utility masters.
>>
>>6608752
>you grossly underestimate the control that corporations have over certain governments

>implying corporations can violate physical laws
>>
>>6608661

Nobody "betrayed" Tesla, faggot.
>>
>>6608752
>attempting a free energy start-up in america, would be futile.

Bullshit. If it can produce and distribute energy more efficiently than existing systems, whoever invents it will be a billionaire.
>>
>>6608841
>f it can produce and distribute energy more efficiently than existing systems, whoever invents it will be a billionaire.

wow, all I can say is WOW

>to be this naive of political and economic realities

and>>6608752
>so you can still call it global

this anon, so totally and completely ignorant of the physical realities of Tesla's system.

IF the system works at all (and I'm quite sure it will) it will be GLOBAL in effect. you could no more stop the wireless power from crossing the border of a country than you can stop the carbon emissions from crossing a border. the physical laws of the universe cannot be broken. no matter how many laws are passed water will not run uphill
>>
>>6608859
>water will not run uphill

how many rivers in America flow North?
>>
>>6608870
at this point I would normally try to insult your intelligence... but seeing as you have none it leaves me no target
>>
>>6608859

I am quite certain I am more familiar with the political and economics realities than you.
>>
>>6608859
>wow, all I can say is WOW

I guess that's easier than making an argument.

Let me guess, you think Tesla had amazing technology but was silenced by evil corporations?
>>
>>6608887
>Let me guess, you think Tesla had amazing technology but was silenced by evil corporations?

I know Tesla wireless power transmission is a brilliant and feasible concept.
I have no proof of any sort on why his Wardenclyffe project failed any more that I have proof of who shot JFK.

if you have the education to effectively evaluate the information here

and point out any flaws in it I would be appreciative,
>>
>>6608889
>I know Tesla wireless power transmission is a brilliant and feasible concept.

No you don't. That's the language of a religious nutjob, not a scientist or engineer. You THINK it is a feasible concept.

>I have no proof of any sort on why his Wardenclyffe project failed any more that I have proof of who shot JFK.

Unlike the JFK assassination, there is no mystery about why it failed. Tesla had enormous financial support from big business, including JP Morgan himself. Everyone wanted him to succeed. The funding dried up when he failed to produce the results he claimed.
>>
>>6608911
>No you don't.
read the info anon.
read the info

I do have an extensive education in electronics and many years of experience in the broadcast field as an engineer.

so people like you who disregard actual scientific experimental evidence to spout bullshit just show their ignorance.

give me reasons, facts, evidence that support your claims

I will give you facts, experimental results etc... that DO support Tesla's claims.

all you can respond with is "muh feels" and insults.

if you adhere to the norm, you will use arguments based upon misunderstanding the physics involved such as "radio waves don't behave that way" which just goes to show the ignorance of the actual methods and physics involved.

from
Observation of Schumann Resonances in the Earth’s Ionosphere
By
Fernando Simões, Robert Pfaff*, Henry Freudenreich
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center

>Schumann Resonances and the Surface-Ionosphere Cavity

>The Earth can be regarded as a nearly conducting sphere, wrapped in a thin dielectric
atmosphere that extends up to the ionosphere, for which the conductivity is also substantial.
Atmospheric electric discharges generate broadband electromagnetic waves that propagate
between the surface and the lower boundary of the ionosphere (~100 km). These two layers
define the surface-ionosphere cavity, which supports both longitudinal and transverse
electromagnetic modes.

did you notice "longitudinal" in the wave types ??? do you know what that means and implies ???
>>
>>6608939
>read the info

Does the info include a functional device? No? Then you don't "know" anything. Nobody will take you seriously if you talk like that.

>"muh feels" and insults

muh persecution complex
>>
>>6608960
>Nobody will take you seriously if you talk like that.
>>"muh feels" and insults
>>
>>6608967

Maybe you're just ridiculously sensitive.
>>
File: adHom.jpg (20KB, 243x185px) Image search: [Google]
adHom.jpg
20KB, 243x185px
>>6608972
>Maybe you're just ridiculously sensitive.

can't attack the ideas, attack the person... hmmm where have I heard that???
>>
>>6608987
>proving his point
>>
>>6603516
im interested

have a bump
>>
>>6603332
>FCC rules assraped and violated
>muh 4g and GPS don't work anymore
>muh wasted energy due to resistance
>>
File: 5391551963_2a6628275d_z.jpg (226KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5391551963_2a6628275d_z.jpg
226KB, 640x480px
>>6605352
>Resonance frequency scales with the size of the toroid array.

any array
>>
>>6610199
whatcha wanna know
>>
>>6610411
what were you arguing with the other anons there
>>
>>6610425
well... a good question anon, it devolved into the possible side effects this Tesla wireless system might produce.

Tesla's work has long fascinated me. Lord Kelvin's thundercloud and the Tesla coil looked really really neat when I was in grade school.

Later while learning AC transformers and rotating machines in engineering classes I again was exposed to Tesla.

While doing broadcast work I learned a whole lot about EM in practice, note practice NOT theory. This led to some understandings, which I can give you here.

The simple ohms law we are first taught when learning about electricity is a very simple form of an equation that involves a much more complex set of relationships and inter-relationships.

voltage = current X resistance

works great with most DC (try using it on a light bulb filament) but begins to show flaws due to simplification when you try to apply it to common AC power situations.

EM radiation is a similar field, it is rife with over simplified (when we assume this field is zero or negligible the equation simplifies to...) engineering formula that do NOT convey the total relationships involved, and this sometimes leads to errors that can only be found thru experimentation.
>>
File: ohm-law-2.jpg (15KB, 437x530px) Image search: [Google]
ohm-law-2.jpg
15KB, 437x530px
>>6610539
>The simple ohms law we are first taught when learning about electricity is a very simple form of an equation that involves a much more complex set of relationships and inter-relationships.

The code is more like "guidelines" rather than actual rules.
>>
>>6610539
noice, thanks fr adopting a trip
>>
Nuclear reactors operating inside planetary cores might explain some mysteries that have puzzled scientists for years, Herndon said. For example, since the 1960s, astronomers have known Jupiter radiates nearly twice the energy it receives from the Sun. But up to now, they have not been able to explain the phenomenon in a way that makes sense, he said.

Earth's magnetic field is an even bigger mystery. Some mechanism obviously generates the field, and many scientists think the field is formed from fluid iron in Earth's main outer core acting like a giant electric dynamo, or motor. The geomagnetic field, as it is called, shuts down periodically and sometimes reverses its polarity -- with the North and South poles exchanging their magnetic charges.

The energy sources previously thought to power the dynamo are unable to decrease and then increase again, Herndon explained, so scientists have had to resort to assuming the dynamo mechanism is inherently unstable. But a nuclear reactor can decrease power output -- and even shut itself down -- and come back to life again, increasing to its full operating power, he said.

Current knowledge of the structure of Earth's interior is derived mainly from seismic data and chemical analyses of common meteorites, Herndon continued. Based on that data, scientists estimate about 30 percent of Earth's mass comprises an outer core, he said, which is thought to consist of iron and maybe one or more lighter elements such as sulfur.

The solid inner core is much smaller -- less than 2 percent of Earth's mass.
>>
http://www.pureinsight.org/node/960
>>
>>6610649
Still, current popular geophysical models cannot explain, from an energy standpoint, a planet-sized magnetic field that operates like Earth's -- with its varying power levels and periodic shutdowns, Herndon said.

Herndon said he received a major insight when he studied a different type of meteorite. Enstatite chondrite meteorites, as they are called, have chemical compositions similar to Earth's interior. Unlike more common meteorites, enstatite chondrite meteorites contain most of their uranium in the part of the meteorite that corresponds to Earth's core.

It was one of the clues Herndon needed, he said. Uranium is the heaviest natural element. It makes sense that, over time, solid uranium particles would rain out from Earth's fluid core at high temperatures. Because of their high density, they could collect at the very center of the Earth. After enough uranium collected together, a nuclear reaction would begin, and that appears to be what happened very soon after the formation of the planet.

In 1997, Herndon teamed up with Hollenbach at Oak Ridge. The laboratory has unique computer programs that can analyze the performance of different types of nuclear reactors.

"Dan showed me those numerical simulation programs could be applied to a nuclear reactor at the center of the Earth," Herndon said. "We used data about the uranium content from the meteorite discoveries to generate simulations at varying power levels."

A highly persuasive clue arrived in the form of physical evidence of a nuclear reactor at Earth's core. Recently analyzed samples of lava rock from deep-source volcanic "hot spots" in Hawaii and Iceland contained tiny amounts of the isotopes helium-3 and helium-4.
Although scientists have known about the helium-3 for some time, they have thought it was left over from Earth's formation some four-and-a-half billion years ago.
>>
>>6610683
But no known physical process could produce helium-3 except for nuclear fission, Herndon said, and the proportion of the two helium isotopes matches the prediction of the Oak Ridge simulation. This is strong evidence that the geo-reactor is at work, he said.

Based on the simulations, and the helium evidence, Herndon and Hollenbach theorize a five-mile-wide ball of uranium has been operating as a nuclear reactor for about 4.5 billion years. Its output is an awesome 4 million megawatts. Much of the energy it produces is heat, and that might be what powers the mechanism that produces the geomagnetic field, Herndon said.

Perhaps more interesting, the Oak Ridge programs suggest the reactor is a breeder -- that is, it actually produces more nuclear fuel than it consumes, which is why it has been able to operate over a time frame that spans nearly the entire existence of the planet. In addition, the reactor's power level varies in intensity over time and it shuts down periodically.

A nuclear reactor continuously produces lighter elements, such as strontium or barium, as the uranium fuel fissions -- or splits apart. Those fission fragments would begin to absorb neutrons -- the subatomic particles naturally emitted by the fissioning uranium and responsible for the chain reaction -- thereby preventing them from splitting other atoms.

"One might imagine instances in which the rate of production of fission products exceeds their rate of removal by gravitationally driven diffusion," Herndon wrote in a recent paper on the subject. If so, he explained, "the power output of the geo-reactor would decrease and the reactor might eventually shut down, thereby diminishing and ultimately shutting down the Earth's magnetic field."
>>
>>6610690
Over time, as the lighter elements moved away from the uranium core, the reactor would restart.

The research is "certainly going to be a major contribution to geophysics," Hatten S. Yoder, Jr., director emeritus of the Geophysical Laboratory of the Carnegie Institution of Washington, D.C., told UPI. "They have developed an explanation for (Earth's) magnetic field and the fact that you can turn it on and off."

One of the most remarkable aspects of the planetary core reactor, Yoder said, is "it only takes a (five-mile) ball of uranium. That's only 65 percent of all the uranium on Earth."

The reactor's existence, if proven, solves the problem of delayed geothermal cooling and explains the observed heat flow, Yoder said. Without a continuing power source, he said, the heat dissipation would have ended long ago. But "if you have a ball of uranium at the center, it would continue to put out heat."

Herndon said he next plans to search lava samples for traces of radioactive elements that might have been produced by the geo-reactor and be light enough to have escaped the core and reach Earth's surface. Lithium, beryllium, boron and neon are possibilities, he said.
>>
>>6610697
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJPz88jUbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4WetyROVvk
>>
I can't seem to find any news on this..
halp?
I bet it's scam
>>
>>6611303
if it works the govt already knows. two reasons they'd cover it up.
1. it would lead to economic collapse.
2. it would destroy the atmosphere.
>>
>>6611341
that's all true and good, but I meant sorta like up-to-date information about there progress and such..
>>
>>6611341
>1. it would lead to economic collapse.

unlimited free energy would not lead to economic collapse, quite the opposite would occur.
>>
>>6612081
It might suck for muslim countries that depend on oil sales, but they can go back to sheep herding, and rock collecting. They don't like western culture anyway.
>>
>>6611341
>2. it would destroy the atmosphere.

OK chicken little, please tell how that might happen.

>implying every time you use a microwave oven the air inside is destroy
>>
inb4 he gets assasinated by the oilkikes
>>
>>6612322
what if harnessing the earth's electromagnetic field does more than just provide clean free energy?
maybe aliens are watching us and because of our unstable (untamed) EM field, they see us as unintelligent beings, incapable of handling warp drive technology.
and then suddenly after we get our core stable two droids show up with a message from a chick in a metal bikini asking us to help the rebels defeat the evil galactic empire.
we say yes and suddenly our moon pops open and destroys the earth, because it was actually a deathstar all along?
>>
File: sci-fry.jpg (134KB, 1437x767px) Image search: [Google]
sci-fry.jpg
134KB, 1437x767px
>>
all that energy just waiting for someone to reach out and grab it
>>
>>6612426
it doesn't have to be tower
>>
>>6603985
0 isn't technically a frequency
>>
>>6612426
USA pls go
>>
http://www.bem.fi/book/00/co.htm

DO YOU EVEN MAGNETS??
>>
File: Solar_Wind.gif (68KB, 510x402px) Image search: [Google]
Solar_Wind.gif
68KB, 510x402px
>>
File: vanallen5.gif (52KB, 576x464px) Image search: [Google]
vanallen5.gif
52KB, 576x464px
>>
Who do you fucking retards think is going to pay to keep this thing running? Still need to get the fucking electrical energy from somewhere.

DAE thermodynamics hurr durr
>>
>>6614084
>Who do you fucking retards think is going to pay to keep this thing running?

If they sell the electricity for $0.01 per kWh
within a year they could buy Europe.
>>
>>6614084
>Still need to get the fucking electrical energy from somewhere.
if you actually read the material you might have learned it is possible to extract the energy created by the solar wind / ionosphere interactions

instead you just shitpost your baseless opinions
>>
>>6613292
>it doesn't have to be tower

http://in.reuters.com/video/2013/05/29/balloons-set-to-take-wind-power-to-new-h?videoId=243048958
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK5c60nBHQ
>>
>>6612378
Autism.
>>
didn't russia already start drilling down to earth's core? tapping straight into earth's reactor has to be better than the em field
>>
>>6617061
yeah he's on the list

http://autism.lovetoknow.com/Famous_People_with_Autism
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.