[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>What is the gospel? The gospel is the message that Jesus

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 8VAmT9v.jpg (261KB, 1250x754px) Image search: [Google]
8VAmT9v.jpg
261KB, 1250x754px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless!

Thread: VI

Cont of: >>36377565

>Sorry for not making these threads for the past couple of days. I have been feeling quite lethargic and not in the mood. I know this isn't a good enough excuse, but if I am not in a good mental state, then I wouldn't have the motivation or drive to answer all your questions. I hope you will forgive me and we can have another great discussion about Christianity as usual.
>>
Self bump so people can see...
>>
what sort of religion is it if you think humans cant really be religious and you deterministically believe youre going to hell
>>
>>36456078
It's called truth. The thing about the message of the gospel is that it's controversial. It is and always has been, but do you know why? It reveals our sins and tells us that we are guilty and worthy of hell and people just don't like hearing that. But those whose hearts have been changed by God and become humble to the truth are the ones who are saved.
>>
>>36456170
eh, i think god does not change things, not prone to error, i also think truth has no value hence deterministic, so the extent of my belief is that my life as a hellbound tranny is so much fodder.
>>
File: 1453846803525.jpg (211KB, 858x952px) Image search: [Google]
1453846803525.jpg
211KB, 858x952px
>>36456286
>I think God does not change things, not prone to error,
What do you mean? If God saw fault then he, if he wished, has the free will to fix that which is broken.

>I also think truth has no value hence deterministic,
You still have free will. This of it this way: you believe in determinism right. Well let's say you hurt someone, maybe emotionally, and you felt bad afterwards. You wouldn't say "oh it was determined", but rather you would feel guilty despite you knowing it was determined. I know this doesn't change anything but still, you know and feel that you are responsible for your own actions and so, therefore, should try to stray from evil and do what is pleasing to God.

>so the extent of my belief is that my life as a hellbound tranny is so much fodder.
If you are happy feeling that you might spend the rest of eternity in hell then more power to you. But just understand that God does love you and does want to see you in heaven and has given you an open door from the fires of hell to the wonders of heaven and if you only just believed the you'd be saved!
>>
>>36455691

Faith without works is dead

t. James
>>
>>36456513
Great, read what I wrote in this post: >>36368600
>>
Here's the real red pill:

Yes, there is an afterlife, and a creator.

But, everyone is going. Even Hitler. There is no hell, life is only a shared role-playing experience, and nothing *really* matters. Even if you nuke the planet to pieces, you're still going to fly through the magical rainbowforests immediately after entering the light.

Don't believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k

Start looking into the actual science of what happens when we die, instead of a 2000 year old mediocre fantasy book.
>>
I've gotten into reading scripture lately.

It makes no sense to me at all.
>>
>>36456414
god would see 'fault' how? doubtful.
i know and feel that i am a placeholder for all of my traits. i have never once felt responsible.
i do not have the capacity to believe and dont think anyonr else does either.
>>
>>36456559
Well, feel free to ask and i'll try my best to answer!
>>
>>36456559

>it makes no sense

Are you speaking of the Gospels? Because Mark, Matt, and Luke are all biographical, really. John is, according to plenty of people, the conversion Gospel since it's so otherworldly. It's portrait of Jesus is the "eagle" that soars over all.

As far as Paul's letter go, they're pretty straightforward. Each of the early churches had their own individual problems. Romans was a massive dicksucking letter so Paul could get funded for his next missionary journey.
>>
>>36456574
>god would see 'fault' how?
Why not? In the OT God criticises and condemns people for their sins. In the flood, he says all are evil and not one does good.

>i have never once felt responsible.
Psychopathy?

>I do not have the capacity to believe and don't think anyone else does either.
But the thing is, understanding that is the first step to becoming a Christian. Understanding your weakness and knowing that you need God is the most important aspect of knowing God. So follow that feeling and just understand that God has taken your sins and burdens if you believe in him, and so you should feel relieved.
>>
File: 1472394509635s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1472394509635s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>36456655
>Romans was a massive dicksucking letter so Paul could get funded for his next missionary journey.
Expand. I'm op btw
>>
>>36456714

Paul wanted to reach out to the Romans, particularly the large population of slaves that made up most of Roman society so that they would assist him in his later travels before execution. You recall his letter, yes? He puts them at ease, assuring them that Caesar's rule, and the rule of other governments, was ordained by God and part of His plan. Rhetorically, he was buttering them up. Even his opening is pleasant.
>>
>>36456580
>>36456655
I don't really have specific questions. Maybe it's more that I can't get into the ancient mindset, and I don't really know what I should be getting from it. It just seems like a rather dry, uninteresting set of narratives from a completely foreign culture.
>>
>>36456806
Could you provide verses please and perhaps some source? I am familiar with Romans, but the thing about him assuring them (Romans) that Caesar's rule, and the rule of other governments, was ordained by God seems to echo Christmas on teachings in Mark 12:17

>Jesus said to them Render to Caesar the things that are Caesars and to God the things that are Gods And they marvelled at him
Mark 12:17
>>
>>36456860
>It just seems like a rather dry, uninteresting set of narratives from a completely foreign culture.
Wow, that's very interesting. When I read the gospels, even before I was Christian, I was amazed by it and Christ's teachings. Well, different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>36456693
well lets see. if god is criticizing it is for the benefit of his faultless book that he knows will be published. do you understand?
i shouldnt say i have never felt responsible only that i understand my feelings of responsibility are inappropriate and fleeting derivatives of whatever situation. i know my feelings do not matter and that i do not need god because god dictated that i should go to hell.
>>
>>36457047
>I know my feelings do not matter and that I do not need god because god dictated that I should go to hell.
But Like I said before if you understand that then you are going along the right lines. Ok, you've understood that you can't do anything and you're at god's mercy now just pray in light of your weakness, in light of your short comings and ask God for help because you can't do it. And if you're sincere then I have no doubt that God will be more than willing to forgive you for your sins.
>>
>>36456933
I felt similarly about parts of the Iliad and Odyssey, though they had a more coherent narrative structure and stronger characterization. Ancient literature seems weird and inaccessible to me.

I don't believe in the supernatural, either, which I'm sure doesn't help.
>>
>>36456881

Alright let me whip out the verses. Book is the NRSV.

Salutation 1:5-7

"through whom we have received grace and apostelship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for the sake of his name, including yourselves who are called to belong to Jesus Christ, To all God's beloved in Rome, who are called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

>Listen up, Gentiles, you too are saved

On Jews and the Law 2:26:-29

"So, if those who are uncircumcised keep the requirements of the law, will not their uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? Then those who are physically uncircumcised but keep the law will condemn you that have the written code and circumcision but break the law. For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is true circumcision someting external and physical. Rather, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and real circumcision is a matter of the heart--it is spiritual and not literal. Such a person received praise not from others but from God."

>you're all saved regardless of whether or not your dicks are intact. Being Jewish is a matter of the soul.

Chapters 9-11 are essentially God's rejection of Israel, with 11:24 fellating the Gentiles.

But here's the main chapter that you are curious about: 13:1-7.

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoeer resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment... etc etc"

>do not rise up against your slave masters. everything is going just as planned, so be happy and love each other.
>>
>>36457162

Disclaimer: this is not intended to shit on Paul. I simply wanted to make the point that this letter had a clear objective.
>>
>>36457120
i am at gods mercy either way and praying for him to save me seems inappropriate. why pray if he knows my heart? why pray for him to save a worthless piece of shit?
>>
i don't like christianity's view of other religions
i'll stick with my dumb 1960s acidhead religion
>>
>>36457162>>36457241
I wouldn't disagree with the first couple of verses since they were pauls interpretation of what was already in the Bible. This idea of no longer jew or gentile can be seen in Abraham, who although was a gentile himself and not an Israelite, still carried the blessings and was the father of all believers

>Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham.
Galatians 3:7

In Christ, we are all equals, whether black, white or yellow and to create division, e.g., jew and gentile would be to miss the entire message of the gospel.

>Romans 13:1-7

In regards to this verse again Paul was coming from a gospel centred conclusion not him trying to get money or seem right with the authorities of Rome. Like I quoted before in Mark, this idea of being humble to authorities was taught by Christ and not made up.

But to end it all, it seems very inconsistent for Paul to feel the need to appeal to the Roman authority. A man who was killed for his beliefs, some say by the orders of Emperor Nero, and yet still didn't deny the message proves the commitment and trust he had in God and his word.
>>
>>36457241
>praying for him to save me seems inappropriate
No, because now you're actually resorting to God for help besides just feeling bad and complaining about god's decree.

>why pray if he knows my heart?
Why not? If you truly seek and ask for help from God then pray to be saved. The keys to eternal life is on the tongue, and all you have to do is believe in your heart that he is God and confess with your mouth and then you are saved!

>because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

>Also, ignore the other long message it wasn't intended for you.
>>
>>36457357

>coming from a gospel centered conclusion rather than trying to get money
>the idea of being humble to authorities was taught by Christ and not made up

I'm not arguing that it was made up. Why bring up being humble in this particular letter to begin with? That is the question. It doesn't fit with the previous narrative about being saved through faith. It comes completely out of left field, which leads me to believe that he had ulterior motives. Granted, they aren't bad ulterior motives. He wanted to spread the Gospel. Still, I'm of the opinion that he was a crafty bastard while writing this.
>>
>>36457496
>Why bring up being humble in this particular letter, to begin with?
humbling yourself to authority as pauls says, which you assume he claims due to support some ulterior motive he has, and christ confirms.

>It doesn't fit with the previous narrative about being saved through faith
Yes, I believe in faith alone but here paul is telling us how we are to conduct ourselves in society but then again it isn't the works that gets us into heaven but rather the faith, fi it is true, produces good fruits and when we are commanded we do so in love. read: >>36368600
>>
>>36457424
your advice would apply if i was egotistical and wanted to be saved for some selfish reason or even thought i could. im not complaining.
>>
>>36457597
>egotistical and wanted to be saved for some selfish reason
Is it egotistical to not want to burn in a lake of fire? Read this

>Why, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
>work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians 2:12

So we do our good works in fear and trembling, but it isn't self-centered but rather the beginnings of knowledge.

>The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10
>>
>>36457734
>Phillipians 2:12
This is what I needed.
>>
File: 40FZnEf.jpg (23KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
40FZnEf.jpg
23KB, 800x533px
>>36458178
Amen and god bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Self bump so more can see the message of the gospel!!!
>>
Last self bump! Praise lord!
>>
>>36455691
>One enters into heaven through faith alone
>protestants actually believe murderers who don't repent can get into heaven
Protestantism is a joke of a religion. It's basically the people who couldn't handle being a good person so they started their own religion with blackjack and hookers
>>
>>36459846
Thanks for that comment I would like to refer you to this comment I made on a past thread: >>36368600
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.