[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 17

File: studydoggy_by_hiba_tan-da92xu5.jpg (124KB, 850x900px) Image search: [Google]
studydoggy_by_hiba_tan-da92xu5.jpg
124KB, 850x900px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless!

Thread: IV

Cont of >>36287201
>>
>>36339600
Christians are fucking cucks. Islam is the only true path the Allah.
>>
>raised catholic
>really want all of the sodomy all of the time

>tfw u can never have a nice catholic husband
>>
>>36339600
Which denomination should I join for the greatest chance of fighting in the next crusade and wiping muslim filth off the face of the earth?
>>
>One enters into heaven through faith alone

HORSESHIT HERESY

There would be NO POINT to Christianity if you get "saved" by simply wanting to. That is retarded.

If you are an asshole to everyone you clearly are doing the opposite of being a good Christian and will burn in hell no matter how much you believe in Jesus Christ.

What you believe in is a self serving selfish fantasy. All it serves is to delude yourself into feeling better.
>>
>>36339621
No, it's just another false religion that tries to push people away from the one true god.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhaLDYo0Kl8&list=PLGX4mNJduw9q9MJw9_9nLZqhjpHxD2tid&index=4

>>36339631
I'm protestant. What are your opinions of Protestantism?

>>36339673
I dunno. But I am protestant so I'd say go with that.
>>
>>36339631

I'm Catholic but you'd probably reject me. Good luck finding a Catholic Chad lol.
>>
>>36339631

>Catholic
>cannot find husband

How is that possible? Just ask your parish priest to hook you up.

Most Catholics I know have been in LTR since their early 20s.
>>
>Tfw pagan mother
>Tfw never baptized
>Tfw get to get fucking trashed every few months and party in the woods stark naked
>>
I was raised Christian but, I dunno, I don't think humanity has been around and intelligent long enough to understand what we are, how we got here. I'm honestly still surprised to even see the Christian general every time it comes back.
>>
>>36339682
Ok, I should explain. We Christians, mainly Reformed Baptists, believe in Sola Fide. This means faith alone because our good works are not good enough to please God.

>All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
Isaiah 64:6

But on to the being a dick bit. A sign that you have good faith is that you will do good works. Although it isn't needed, it proves that you have been reformed and sanctified by God. If someoe=ne says he loves his mother yet beats her and hurts her, does he really love her? The same way we show love to our children due to love and not wanting to get something out of him we also show our love to God simply because we love him not because we want to go to heaven since christ already died for out sins and we will be definitely going heaven.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=james+2:14-20
>>
>>36339688
>false religion
Fucking mongrel, Islam will dominate the world. Look at it, it's growing everywhere, one day the glorious children of Allah will put an end to your infidel ways. Your women already bend double for the strong Muslim seed, your days are numbered. Insha'Allah.
>>
File: IMG_6296.jpg (115KB, 750x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6296.jpg
115KB, 750x630px
>>36339600
Lmao god ain't real
>>
>>36339767
>I don't think humanity has been around and intelligent long enough to understand what we are, how we got here.
That's why god has revealed it to us in scripture.

> I'm honestly still surprised to even see the Christian general every time it comes back.
Why so? Also, I am the same guy that always makes the Christian general thread. Am I gaining a reputation on /r9k/?
>>
>>36339706
>>36339727

I probably could, but he wouldn't put up with how autistic I am...
I met some guys on Catholic discords but whenever we talk about sex stuff they are unwilling to talk about these things.
>>
File: 1472566790782.png (272KB, 485x489px) Image search: [Google]
1472566790782.png
272KB, 485x489px
>>36339789
Haha, I'm OP and I have to admit that was kinda funny!
>>
>>36339786
> Look at it, it's growing everywhere,
Heh, in the bible there were only 7,000 people in the world who didn't bow a knee to the false god baal. Didn't mean they were right.
>>
>>36339822
I mean, you kinda already are autistic about wanting a Catholic husband. He can't be any other Christian denomination.
>>
>>36339817
Who's to say God is out there? That His words are what you hear? Look at the Bible, man wrote that book hundreds of years ago, and it's been translated so many times, who's to say the Bible now is still the true scripture you claim it to be?

>am I getting famous
Not sure, it always just surprised me to see something relatively to Christianity on here, 4chan of all places.
>>
>>36339873

I'm not allowed to marry a non Catholic because my parents are trad : (
>>
>>36339906
Lame, I guess they hate heretics.
>>
>>36339822

Well anyone who calls themselves Catholic on the internet is probably super devout and very serious about the whole, "waiting till marriage" thing and probably expects you to be a virgin and to never use contraception. You know the whole thing.

I am more of a cultural Catholic.

What do you expect, sex wise? I'm not sure what you're implying.

I don't do hookups because I'm a bit paranoid and stuff but I'm not about to marry anyone I hadn't fucked beforehand, lol.
>>
>>36339873

It very normal for any religious person to want a partner that follows the same faith. It is very important.

Also "other Christian", well Catholicism is special. Most of Protestantism might as well be a whole other religion because it is so different. Only Lutherans and Anglicans come close.
>>
>>36339879
>Who's to say God is out there?
For Christians, it would be the bible.

>Look at the Bible, man wrote that book hundreds of years ago
Yeah, god can use any medium to bring about his revelations. But behind the scenes, it is god who is preserving it.

>who's to say the Bible now is still the true scripture you claim it to be?
That's a whole nother debate tat would take hours to get into.

>am I getting famous
Heh, don't really care just trying to preach the gospel because tight now in life I have no other form of pleasure. Everything else just makes me feel numb and like I'm wasting time. At least this way I can do something pleasing to god.
>>
>>36339957
Heh, my dad's side of the family is protestant and my mom's side is protestant.

It gets interesting at family gatherings.
>>
File: 1491326815260.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491326815260.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>>36339975
Mom's side is Catholic*
fugg
>>
>>36339982

My dad is a liberal Catholic and my mom is a conservative Catholic and even that is enough to create fireworks in my household.
>>
>>36339920

Yep. And commie faggot vatican ii.

>>36339932

All the Catholic guys have all had premarital sex, but then they refound their faith.

I haven't had sex with anyone, but I want to do anal sex and other disgusting lewd stuff.

They all say you are not even allowed to even NFP.
>>
>>36340017
You don't hate me for not being Catholic though, do you?
>>
>>36340017

Interesting, anonette.

Of course I'd be down for anal. What other lewd stuff?
>>
>>36340046

No. I don't hate you, you're my friend.
>>
>>36339600

>/christian/ books
https://mega.nz/#F!5YgWWYyS!4umLTWetmEafAnoWgo6-Dw

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and The Case For Christ by Lee Strobbel really helped me in particular.
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 194x259px
>>36340062

>friend
>friend

TOP KEK
>>
>>36340055

J-just typical disgusting stuff... I'm sure you know what I mean.

I have a lot of issues with this.
>>
>>36339961
I guess what it comes down to is faith, and when it comes to creationism mythology, theory, etc faith just isn't enough for me. I need science. Real, quantifiable data.

plus I live a "degenerate" lifestyle according to religion and I disagree with what I do being "sin"
>>
>>36340098
Funny joke dude, but we were discussing a religious divide by denomination so it doesn't really apply.
>>
>>36340091
IKR! When I read cs lewis I was like. This guy's a genius!
>>
>>36340117
>real quantifiable data
But unless you specifically create and get that data, then believing a scientist is no different from believing a preacher.
>>
>>36340101

Oh well. I wouldn't shy away from anything much.

But this is all fantasy cause I'm not American and don't really want to live there either.

And we probably don't have much in common besides being raised in the same kind of faith and being on this board.
>>
>>36340313

I am not American either, anon.

We probably don't, plus I am not a very nice person.
>>
>>36340117
>e. I need science. Real, quantifiable data.
first of all not all Christians or even most Christians believe in the creationist young earth view. When A discovery is made in science, it gives us a better interpretation of scipture.

>plus I live a "degenerate" lifestyle according to religion, and I disagree with what I do being "sin."
You see that's why Christ died for you. First off you have to remember your good works don't send you to heaven but rather your faith.

>All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind, our sins sweep us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Now you thinking that you are degenerate is actually a good thing because now this puts you in a position to accept chirst because you are who he died for.

>When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."
Mark 2:17

In fact in the bible the Pharisees, these were super religious folks who wore the whole get up and stuff, were losing against prostitutes and sinners in entering heaven. You know why? Because the prostitutes knew they were sinners and in desperate need of help and so turned to God and were saved. The Pharisees thought I will get into heaven with my own good works, but you do not get into heaven relying on yourself but rather God.

>Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7
>>
>>36339600
This is a good thread idea. Keep up the good work everyone. Ignore the edgy atheist-redditors.
>>
>>36340313
O-oh... I also believe in evolution...

Lots of guys don't like that...
>>
>>36340325

What? Spanish then? Seriously I want to know where you're from cause I though only Americans went all batshit about Vatican II?!
>>
>>36340336
See but I don't consider myself degenerate. I said "degenerate" because the church would deem me so.

Like, for example the prostitute. I don't think non - reproductive sex is degenerate, it's human.

>you don't get to heaven relying on yourself
Can you elaborate further? Are you saying if I live my life a kind, humble person free of ego and I'm not Christian I still get sent to hell? How is that fair? Should innocent but nonreligious people really be thrown away in such a manner?
>>
>>36340463
>if I live my life a kind, humble person free of ego and I'm not Christian I still get sent to hell?
That would be a good life but to who's standards? Remember God is our ultimate source of objective morality, and according to his standard, you shouldn't just live a good life but perfect one. You'd have to be perfect since birth, and every thought you'd ever had would have to be perfect in order to enter heaven. But you, I and all of us have failed in this. That's why we need God because we are too weak to keep god's commandments. If you knew how much God hated sin then you would understand.

But luckily for us, a man lived that perfect life then afterwards he gave that perfect life to his people so that they would be good enough at the same time taking on their sins on the cross. And that man's name was jesus christ!
>>
File: 14921698545560.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14921698545560.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
why is there even a christian general on this board why not go to /x/?
>>
>>36340617
Because /x/ got ruined by spam of succubus-spawning and other shitty threads. Plus /r9k/ needs Christianity now more than ever with the immense fag-spam.
>>
>>36339600
Fuck off christcucks, take your shitty general to >>>/trash/ or >>>/8gag/
>>
File: 1453846803525.jpg (211KB, 858x952px) Image search: [Google]
1453846803525.jpg
211KB, 858x952px
>>36340617
This isn't fiction. And I'm trying to spread the message of the gospel and all can be saved.
>>
>>36340585
If God hates sin and he created man in his image, why did he make man too weak to keep his commandments? Why not make a perfect race?

Also anon I really hope you know I'm not trying to attack your beliefs or anything, I'm just giving my perspective as a skeptic
>>
File: 1482447230185.jpg (135KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482447230185.jpg
135KB, 768x768px
>>36340646
Hey, thanks for coming. God bless you and I wish you the best!
>>
>>36340646
>being this edgy about a single containment thread on a board where there are at least 10 gay/trap/prisongay-threads going on
>>
>>36340661
>why did he make man too weak to keep his commandments? Why not make a perfect race?
He did and it was adam and eve. When god created them they were called good!. But when they turned from god their perfect nature changed and simple things like loving god and keeping the commandments became hard. If they had just stayed with god they would have had the same characteristics as you had just stated.

>Also anon I really hope you know I'm not trying to attack your beliefs or anything, I'm just giving my perspective as a skeptic
Mate, it's ok. That's the whole point of why I made this thread, so we can come together and discuss, feel free to ask more, I have a lot of time on my hands!
>>
File: inq.png (225KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
inq.png
225KB, 900x720px
>>36340640
>>36340649
Roma invicta my dudes
>>
>>36340377
Thank you anon! God bless!
>>
>>36340740
Hey, piety! It's pepe!
>>
>>36340733
If they were perfect, though, how were they tempted by the fruit? would not a perfect being be able to resist temptation?
>>
File: 14923203479780.jpg (509KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
14923203479780.jpg
509KB, 1200x1200px
>>36340792
Do i know you?
anon
>>
>>36340813
They were perfect in that they did not yet know sin and had never committed it. But still, they fell into temptation after going their own way and not relying on god.
>>
>>36340861
On the MBAF hangout. I said do you wanna be friends and you were like yeah and you also you're the half Asian and white girl who is studying linguistics for ai in college in Chicago.

Is that TMI?
>>
>>36340870
Ah, gotcha. Well I gotta go wageslaving but, thanks for the debate anon. I don't think you'll sway me to religion but its always refreshing to have a nice discussion
>>
File: 2b67.png (393KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
2b67.png
393KB, 500x633px
>>36340916
oh hey.
I'm not staying around here though cya.
>>
>>36340998
K, anon bye!
>>
>>36340640

Man, I remember meeting up with /x/philes from the Great Lakes area and going on road trips to see abandoned buildings. Sucks that /x/ has fallen so far.
>>
>>36341116
Yeah it used to be great fun on /x/. Wasted so much time on there.

This video is pure contained cancer but this thread was amazing. I was very lucky to be there live when it happened. The most fun I had on 4chan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLxJS8k9pHs
>>
>>36341132
Uhh wrong thread? What the fuck?
>>
>>36339688
Here we go... My invisible sky fairy is stronger then yours. Hahaha faggots
>>
What's the Methodist church like?

I guess what I'm looking for is a church with a traditional design, pretty choir music(no guitars), and a somber mood.

Think the church in Home Alone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0M-lAuu1Q

Bonus for not fully-cucked but don't really want hear creationist or virulently anti-gay stuff every wee either.
>>
>>36341217
Make your own church, a robot friendly church.
>>
>2017
>Not accepting and embracing Christian Panentheism
>>
>>36341217
>I guess what I'm looking for is a church with a traditional design, pretty choir music(no guitars), and a somber mood.
That sounds like the average church where I'm at or just another typical white church. Overall you're gonna have to experiment yourself and look around but assuming your a bot it might be hard for you.
>>
File: 1474363635256.jpg (28KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
1474363635256.jpg
28KB, 625x416px
>>36341345
Panentheism is apostasy!
>>
how do we know that jesus death covers our future sins? I mean I get that he atoned for our sins of the past by dying, but does it actually say in the bible that we can keep sinning in the future and his death covers that?
>>
>>36341397
>he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption.
Hebrews 9:12

His death on the cross is the way we are saved without it, we are still in our sins and once someone is washed in the blood he is he is saved once and for all.

>being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

Do you really think that when christ died for all your sins you can lose that? If god begins something in you, you will be saved!

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
John 6:37

Also, we see in revelations that those who are saved wear clothes that are white and washed in the blood IE a common reference to taking and being washed din the blood of christ to atone for your sins

>I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Revelation 7:14

Hope that answered your question. If not then feel free to ask more.
>>
>>36341392
If you adopt the motives of Protestantism and follow Christ, it's certainly not.
The only way the idea of apostasy is relevant is if you approach Christianity as an element of cultural identity rather than a path to Christ.
>>
>>36340386

Not Spanish. But Euro.

>tfw secretly like commie faggot take over
>>
>>36341929
Aah, I read that as pantheism. In that case yeah I do believe in that! God bless!
>>
File: thumb_7428_default_1600.jpg (103KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_7428_default_1600.jpg
103KB, 1600x900px
>>36342009
God bless you, too.
>>
How do I find faith? How do I get rid of my inner fedora?
>>
File: christ.jpg (146KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
christ.jpg
146KB, 840x525px
>>36342271
>How do I find faith?
You don't; only God can do that IE gives you the "gift" of faith. But if you have an inclination then, by all means, follow it but just keep in mind that behind the scenes it is gods holy hand that is pulling the strings and causing you to desire Christ.
>>
>>36339600
You realize you're in 4chan? Who the fuck in their right minds posts Christian threads on 4chan? Couple things that bothered me by the way, first, there are lots of different sects of Christianity, with some believing (catholics in particular, I'm talking about the protestant reformation in the renaissance era) that faith isn't the way into heaven, the way into heaven is relinquishing your sins by donating to the church. There are many occurrences of the church being used as a front for profit, with "donations" actually being given to the leader of the church. Secondly, religion isn't good at all. God isn't good either. Countless tragedies and wars have been done in the name of many different Gods, including yours, and he hasn't stopped it. A truly peace-loving, good God would stop the shit that's going on in his name. Ex-Christian turned Satanist turned Atheist here.
>>
>>36342614
Sheesh, you gave me a lot to work with there ok I'll try to respond to each point you made one by one.

>You realize you're in 4chan? Who the fuck in their right minds posts Christian threads on 4chan?
Well, we are commanded to preach the gospel to all people throughout the world, and that's what I'm doing. Even in the most sinful places, there are good godly people, namely Sodom and Gomorrah.

>faith isn't the way into heaven, the way into heaven is relinquishing your sins by donating to the church.
Ok, faith is the one and only way to heaven. The reason why Christ died on the cross was that we were too sinful to save ourselves. What can we add on to the atoning work of Christ? Are you going to say that first death on the cross is not good enough to b save a man?

>Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of works? No, but on that of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
>Romans 3:27-28

>There are many occurrences of the church being used as a front for profit, with "donations" actually being given to the leader of the church.
Sure that happens, there is corruption in the church but where in scripture does it say this is allowed? Clearly, they have diverted from the true teaching of the Bible, and so their actions cannot be used against the Bible since they themselves have sinned.

>religion isn't good at all. God isn't good either.
Religion is good in fact and has helped shape Western views of morality. If you want more information, then feel free to ask. God is good. He is the objective source of right and wrong, you as a human cannot declare an omnipotent omniscient and omnibenevolent being good or bad I mean just the idea of it seems silly.

>Countless tragedies and wars have been done in the name of many different Gods, including yours, and he hasn't stopped it.
I'd like to bring out a scripture
Cont
>>
>>36342614
>You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Genesis 50:20

Sometimes it can seem like what God is doing is unfair but it might just be due to you not seeing the full context of things. There situations where we think that what God is doing is unfair but once you realise and see the entire situation you realise that in fact what has occurred was more pure than snow. Now with gods infinite view it's common that things might happen that seem wrong in our eyes but just understand that God know what he is doing and in the end it will lead to good.
>>
>>36342614
>Ex-Christian turned Satanist turned Atheist here.
El oh el. Is this bait? Because it is pretty good. At least I hope it is bait. Because you have no idea what you're talking about. All the bad things you say happen have nothing to do with God and His Gospel. It is done by people. People have wars and people steal donations.
>>
>>36343300
I wouldn't say it's only people. I think demons do have influence and sway over people. But we have freewill which can override it.

I don't post in the Christian threads even though I consider myself devout. Honestly I dislike disputing about the small things because for the most part, people who aren't Christian get confused by the smaller details of the different denominations.

Isn't it better to focus, rather, on the bigger questions they have (and that continually get brought up? I.e. is God really good? Is his love conditional? Why does suffering exist? Can you prove God's existence?). But even these questions feel like a chore. The answers have been debated and brought up time and time again. Why don't people do a little reading? It's these things that make me wonder if simple intellectual stimulation is enough to believe. (And I'm leaning towards saying it isn't) True conversion begins in the heart. You can feed your mind with a thousand books about Christianity but if you don't experience it, then, it's pointless to do so.

I think we can agree it is through faith we can be saved. And also faith without good works is dead faith. It's as simple as that.

I haven't posted in these threads in a long time. But maybe I should start? I'm Catholic by birth, became le edgy atheist, then back to Catholicism. I don't claim to know everything but some things I do know, like God's love.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.