[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

robots who get good grades, how do you prepare for a test? >inb4

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1489732783859.jpg (63KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
1489732783859.jpg
63KB, 600x590px
robots who get good grades, how do you prepare for a test?

>inb4 someone calls me underage

i'm in my last year of high school at age 19
>>
File: 1467067476757.jpg (80KB, 476x492px) Image search: [Google]
1467067476757.jpg
80KB, 476x492px
>>35640633
>robots who get good grades, how do you prepare for a test?

study

it's not complicated lmao just fucking study
>>
>i'm in my last year of high school at age 19

How?
>>
Past papers, lots of them.
>>
>>35640633
Pay attention in class mostly. I only really study for 0-30 minutes the night before/day of.
>>
If you showed up to class every day, paid a decent amount of attention and took notes you won't even need to study, just get some sleep, don't bother cramming anything and just go in and take it.

This is how I got through high school with a decent 3.6 GPA.
>>
Finish all study material during classes
review important stuff the night before the test.
>>
Personally I never prepared for them apart from the revision our teachers made us do.
>>
File: cheat sheats.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cheat sheats.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
I just cheat. I condense everything onto a few sheets of paper, sometimes using symbols and drawings to condense as much as possible. After that I memorize the sheets taking note of where the data is on the sheet on my mental photo of the cheat sheet. That last part is important because bits tend to float around or get foggy, so being able to 'see' things in where they're supposed to and the relationship of it to another patch I can figure it out even if I can't see some parts of it.

I've been doing this for years and havent been caught yet. When I close my eyes or furrow my brow the proctors just think I'm going through the test problem.
>>
Med student here, had to maintain 85-90s in undergrad in a science degree, also got 99th percentile on the MCAT. Go to class and pay attention. When you're studying don't just look at the material, do something to force yourself to recall it. What I do is try to recite/talk out all of the concepts then check after. People also write out notes, but if you do, don't just copy them. Your brain doesn't retain anything by just looking at or copying notes.

If you're in more application-based classes (for me that was calculus, genetics, organic chemistry, other maths) then you have to practice a fuckton (there is no other way).

If you study like this, you don't have to study for nearly as long. If you do have the time though, you'll get way more out of an 8 hour marathon than people who do it wrong.

It's also good to try and find any past exams and such to test yourself, but the above stuff was most important for me.
>>
>>35641287
That's called taking notes and studying them. It's not cheating.
>>
I try to understand subjects profoundly as opposed to memorizing
>>
I tend to take detailed notes in lecture as well as record them so I can go back and add what I missed in class.
pretty much it.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 634x650px
>>35640633
The only thing I ever studied for was language classes, and those you could cram in the few minutes before class.
Graduated with a 3.8 GPA
>>
I don't really. I do some exercises and study now that I'm at uni but in high school I barely even paid attention to class. I sort of just knew how to answer the tests.
>>
>>35641620

How is it not cheating? It's called a cheat sheet after all. I just memorize it instead of peeking at it in my pocket. Everyone would make straight A's if it were allowed. It's sneaky because it's almost impossible to get caught.
>>
>>35642050
Fuck off, most of us have seen this post before
>>
>>35640633
I literally read the books required at the start of the term and listen sometimes in class in topics I can't understand. It frees up time and the lowest i got is B-.
>>
File: 1447951610181.jpg (425KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
1447951610181.jpg
425KB, 1024x764px
>>35640633
I'm getting an MS in a hard science field in May.

Read the textbook. You'll find a lot of classes are based on the textbook - power point presentations MAY expand on the content. If you read it a second time and takes notes that time, you will get 100% in any HS class you ever take. Some classes are better served by making notecards instead of reading it a second time. But the key is to go over the content a second time.

Make sure you show up to class and make sure you start studying more than a single day in advance: up to a week in advance for big meme classes, as little as 2 days in advance for the whatever classes.
>>
>>35643367
The other advantage of starting early is that you will never look like an ass/can expect an answer if you email the professor with a question.
>>
File: d05.png (329KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
d05.png
329KB, 1024x655px
I don't study. All one really needs to do is listen to the teach teach and memorize all the information presented. "Studying" is a process created by the jew to make you believe that you will not need pay attention and class and wasting time bringing school to your home will make you smarter.

I have 90+ in all my classes. Currently 18 in my senior year of high school.
>>
>>35640633

You know the level of retardation this generation possesses when they need someone to tell them to read the textbook to understand something.

Just gas these imbeciles, Kek.
>>
>>35643496
>All one really needs to do is listen to the teach teach
>"Studying" is a process created by the jew

You thought you started trolling when you said you were in high school. Enjoy sheephood, goy
>>
>>35643496

>Highschool

You almost had me there.
>>
>>35640633
>Still in high school
>19 years old

wat?

I was 18 1/2 years old when I graduated and I was pretty much the oldest graduate at my graduation.
>>
>>35640633
You look at the words/numbers over and over again until you can see them in your head and not exclusively on paper

Then you practice said terms/formulas until ou know how they occur in whatever fashion

Revolutionary stuff, really
>>
>>35640904
>ask robots who got good grades
>how to get good grades
>age 19 still in highschool
puzzle isnt hard
>>
Depends on how much time.

Ideally, condense everything down to 1 sheet front/back of *readable* paper (don't cram shit in). Gives you a better handle on the class. Then, use the paper to solve practice problems (or do essays/other fag work). Add to/restart paper as needed but don't cram shit in.

If not enough time, read through material and create a mental checklist as you're going--"okay I need to know A. What kind of questions can they ask me on A?" If you don't have time to actually do a practice problem, think through how you would do it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.