[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UNI FEELS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 119

File: future.jpg (238KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
238KB, 641x600px
How many of you guys have dropped out/failed college? How has your life been since you left?
>>
I have, now it just feels like I'm going nowhere

I work a pizza delivery job that makes me $15 dollars an hour but it feels like I'm going to be doing it for the rest of my life. Other than work I almost never leave the house. Because of the job I'm working when most people are hanging out (weekends and evenings) so even if I wanted to make friends I'd never be able to
>>
I was in The Department of Mental Health system when I was going to college, and I'm still in the system now that I've left. My days are boring and friendless where I just watch T. V., play video games and smoke cigarettes. There's hardly any places of employment where I live so I'm content to scrape by on NEET bux. The hardest part is I only get $40 dollars a week for groceries, but I could go over that if I really needed to. I have enough money to get an Xbox 1, so I have that going for me, which I'm gonna get in the coming weeks. Life is pretty boring though. I never really had any friends growing up, and I don't have any friends now, but I don't even have acquaintances. The only people I see on a regular basis are the staff to give me meds in the morning and my parents once a week to eat dinner and for me to do laundry.
>>
>>34818343
I came back. Took a year and a half off. When I came back, I took it slow: one class per semester. I was working full time and coming back from the brink of suicide, and thought so little of myself that I thought "I'm only going to keep going so I can put it in my resume I'm a student".

Now, I'm old enough than still being a student is looked down upon, I've seen the people I started college with graduate, get great jobs, travel the world with their great salaries and benefits and paid conference vacations, land managerial positions, get jobs abroad, buy condos, cars, have fun in general, while I'm still stuck in college with no free time between that and a full time job. I've also seen people who started college AFTER me do the same thing.

My prospects of ever landing a good job better than code-monkey are really slim. My prospects of ever having time to learn other important skills are slim. I can venture I'll graduate in about 4 years, by the time I'm in my fucking 30s, which would be pathetic as fuck, a blemish in my resume and personal life forever and a question recruiters will always use to filter me out from selection processes for the best jobs available.

I only came back because college here is tuition-free.
>>
I dropped out of high school

>inb4 GED
can't get it in my country
>>
File: ithurtstolive.jpg (37KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
ithurtstolive.jpg
37KB, 600x468px
OP here

>been in college for 6 years now
>still a fucking junior
>did part time, dropped and failed a few classes
>taking 2 classes this semster, but I'm still failing both
>hate my accounting major
>not sure what I want to do with my life
>still very behind in my classes
>trying to finish school so I can get a better job to help my mom
>whole family is having money problems
>all my friends are moving on with their lives
>no gf ever
>still a virgin

I've been thinking about dropping out and getting a desk job or some entry lvl HR job. I've seen some job openings in my area and idk it seems like it would be nice to tell people I have a "real" job.

Working at a restaurant while going to school really kills your soul.
>>
Just had an argument with a friend over this. He claims that out of my group of friends he's the only one who can get a job after school because of his degree. He told me unironically that I'll be working at Starbucks or something and that he will have a high paying job within a couple of years.(we both have 1 year left)

me:
>Political science BA
>member of 3 uni clubs with high ranking position in 2 of them
>volunteering experience with political campaigns and cultural organizations
>speak multiple languages
>know people who work in the political field

Him:
>Economics BA
>no clubs
>no volunteering experience
>only retail work experience
>no network related to field of study
>uni-lingual

It's more likely that he's going to be working at starbucks and I'm going to have a job, right?
>>
>>34818952
You'll both be working at starbucks.

Also protip: employers dont give a shit about university clubs.
>>
>>34818952
Yeah, Economics isn't that great a field, anyway. Maybe he won't be working at a Starbucks, but he'll probably top out at a senior analyst position, in the long term, if he's any good at it.

Networking is much more important. I don't know about Political Sciences, though, so you may end up in a crappy job anyway (in terms of long hours, not-so-great-payment, etc). Better than Starbucks, though.

AND you have a social life, which is more important still
>>
>>34818952
What can you do with an econ degree?

serious question
>>
File: 1469455588165.jpg (94KB, 477x266px) Image search: [Google]
1469455588165.jpg
94KB, 477x266px
>Dropped out of high school second week.
>Miraculously got into a technical college type place that I dropped out of second month.

Been doing nothing for about a year and a half.

>mfw the suffering never ends.
>>
>>34818343

I did. Living that NEET life for ca. 6 years now. In that time I moved halfway around the world and just last March got married. Life is good.
>>
I went for two years before failing almost every single class and dropping out. In the year since I've dropped I've worked about 3 months and still have $20k in debt. Still looking for a job but I've yet to get a call back.
>>
>>34819506
BS

Who the fuck would get married to a NEET?
Did you get the bitch pregnant?
>>
Just dropped out, so I've been living the NEET life for a couple weeks
University was shit but now I don't know what the fuck to do with my life
>>
File: 1486848355265.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486848355265.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>>34818343
Im failing so hard and it just calculus if i dont pass it i will get punished by college i should be in 7th semester but im barely in 4th thank god i did get a job in best buy
>>
>>34818343
I have.

I've literally spent the past 5 months browsing r9k and watching youtube videos.

5 fucking months doing nothings but this, no videogames, no anime, all 4chan and meme videos on youtube, how the fuck did I spent 5 months like this?
>>
>>34818751
Hang in there dude i used to work in a walmart close to a nigger hood i know you can do it
>>
>>34819713
Do you just not want to watch anime or play video games or do you feel anxious opening up a video game or anime that you would rather just browse 4chan?
>>
>>34819717
What do you do now?

originalolol
>>
File: 1484957187675.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1484957187675.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>>34818343
>Sunday
>Finals starting Tuesday
>Haven't really read all the chapters yet
>shitpostan on 4chan
>plan to watch a movie later and go grab a bite to eat
>Deep in the back of my mind I know I'm screwing myself over
pic highly fucking related
>>
>>34818952

>Speak multiple languages
>Don't know the word is monolingual
>>
>>34819577

My wife did, no pregnancy.
>>
One thing that's become increasingly obvious to me over the last few weeks is how fucking retarded most people seem to be. Maybe it's because I'm at a middle-tier university (Reading), or maybe it's because of the pseudo-intellectual nature of my English Literature course, but it honestly feels like I'm in a room full of invalids most of the time. They gossip constantly like a bunch of fuckheads, they're the bureaucrats of tomorrow.
>>
>>34819910
>>34819878
I used be sort of "scared" to play video games, don't know how to explain it. I play video games now but I need to have a video playing of someones voice in the background.
>>
I haven't been getting shit done because of my sad brains but it's going okay so far.

On track to pursue a PhD., but still getting cold feet. I kinda want to do a MD/PhD. but meh.

It sucks busting ass and having second feelings about shit.
>>
>>34820050
What are you doing your PhD in?
>>
>>34819198
>>34819003
economics is basically just a business degree, that's the only reason I'm employed. My school had two economics disciplines, one for arts and sciences and the other in the business school. I joined the business school and it's the only reason I have a job
>>
>>34818343
I dropped out of Uni because i got so depressed i started slipping. I had no friends, felt so alone and pressured for results i just couldn't handle it.

I got a job now, doing pretty well, and mentally i'm much better. I wouldn't want to go back no matter what. My life is boring, but at least i don't want to kill myself.
>>
File: bd.gif (167KB, 268x160px) Image search: [Google]
bd.gif
167KB, 268x160px
>>34820079
Still an undergrad but I'm in a program that fast tracks us to PhD. programs. Sorry to mislead, I'm not a PhD. student yet, but I could possibly be next fall if everything doesn't shit the bed. Or if I self sabotage.

Ideally, I want to perform a PhD. in molecular biology or immunology. I work in a fly lab and immuno lab currently. I think the major issues that can kinda stem (hah) is that I'm probably feeling impostor syndrome still. I'm kinda dogshit at bench work still but I have no problem with theory have the time. I just feel everyone in that program is an academic badass, while I just found myself floating into it. I can kinda kicked ass in classes, but I feel like I'm missing the "passion" that a lot if others hold.

I dunno, it's kinda like once a neet, always a neet, if that make sense. Meh...
>>
>>34820231
Ugh, typos. It's hard to write when writing applications for research internships and you're kinda stoned.
>>
>>34819851
Im on the most important college in my country on electric engineer see
>>34819687
Then again my best wishes goes with you good luck you can do it dont give up
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg (134KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg
134KB, 800x800px
>2nd year of college
>Still massively easier than High School
>tfw I realize all the people who bitch about college being so much harder were the retarded C students in HS

Seriously. Less classes, barely any mandatory homework, and I can play morrowind on my laptop in class while recording the lecture.
>>
>>34820599
Whats' your major?

pee poo pepepepe
>>
>>34820737
Comp Engineering, I learned 80% of the shit they are teaching in like 10th grade playing with programming and Arduino things
>>
Anybody else going to college to be an actuary? Once I'm out of college it's going to be a comfy life.
>>
Guys I have to go talk to a professor tomorrow to get a place for my research assignment.
I am scared. Can someone pls wish me luck.
>>
>>34820763
Shit, right on man!

It might ramp up in your third year, but you got the other two already down. Just be prepared in case it does. It finally has for me.
>>
>>34818751
>hate my accounting major

what's wrong with it?
>>
>>34821053
Good luck anon! May God bless you with confidence to ease your interaction!
>>
File: 1432738739104.jpg (11KB, 287x200px) Image search: [Google]
1432738739104.jpg
11KB, 287x200px
>>34820599
>were the retarded C students in HS
not even. I was a C student and college is piss easy.

The ones who bitch about how hard college is were the straight A normies who think they have to memorize every single page in their textbooks. They spend most of their time trying to memorize text and fucking around with parties without trying to actually understand the material.

Thing is you don't even need 90% of your textbooks at all as long as you just fucking pay attention to the lectures from the damn teachers who are paid to teach you.
>>
>>34821239
Thank you very much no anon. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>34818343
Failed out here. Well, I didn't really fail out, they sort of kicked me out because they thought I was gonna kill myself. I mean I did too I guess. But here I am. Got a shitty job to pay the rent and bills but still need some help from the parents, which is kind of demeaning. Pretty sure I can get back in over the summer so at least I have that to look forward to, but man the past few months have been killers.
>>
>>34818343
>About to transfer next semester
>Don't know what major to get or where to go
I was thinking about communications, since it's relevant to me wanting to work in media, but idk. Any opinions?
>>
>>34821452
Are you good at math?
>>
>>34818532
Hold old are you? I might not be too late. There's people from all ages at universities and cc's.
>>
>>34821343
this was my experience in college. i was never a great student due to my laziness but I got a 3.25 just by showing up and doing everything that was asked.

I rarely studied though. Alcohol and drugs were too much fun and my GPA suffered for that but I never got close to dropping out. I never even failed a class, even the hard ones that I hated I skated by in
>>
>>34821501
Nope, engineering isn't for me
>>
>>34821016
You're going to want to kill yourself a lot my mang.
>>
>>34821226
>what's wrong with it?
Accounting
>>
File: 1485666801799.png (411KB, 444x726px) Image search: [Google]
1485666801799.png
411KB, 444x726px
>roommate has the audacity to adjust the thermostat when he's literally only in the dorm when sleeping
>>
>>34821016
No, no it's not. You don't start making the big bucks until you pass like 7 of the hardest tests you'll ever have to take in your life. I talked to one actuary who said that one year, for one of the tests he was taking, only like 20% of people passed it. Outside of that you have to do some of the most soul sucking work, usually working at least 50 hours a week. You'll have money, but you won't have the time to be able to enjoy it. It's a job you have to really like to put up with.
>>
>>34821804
aka everything sucks

just don't major in something dumb like gender studies or whatever
>>
File: 1446075041603.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1446075041603.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
I sit next to a cute girl in every single one of my classes. I talk frequently with the girl who sits next to me in my last class on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
For some reason, I was too autistic to talk to her on Friday.
>>
>>34821730
not an argument buddypal
>>
>>34821830
My brother and sister were English and History majors and ended up getting pretty comfy jobs. It's not really about what you do, it's about how much you like it and how many connections you can make.
>>
>>34821452
Is this bad or good anons, I'm nervous and need help.
>>
>>34821804
The tests aren't really hard in terms of knowledge intensity, especially if you're good with math (you should be as an actuary), but the volume is insane. Basically most of it comes down to memorizing vast amounts of models, which is boring rather than hard. The work itself is rarely over 40h a week, but also incredibly boring and with very little space for creativity, what's worse is that even most knowledge for exams is not really used. Reinsurers have some more interesting things going, but nothing mind-blowing so. In addition if you go on this track you better stick with it, because all the knowledge and experience of an actuary is virtually inapplicable anywhere else. The only exit opportunities is if you move into management inside your employer, which is rare for actuaries. Source: interned in an insurance as undergrad, contemplating actuarial career.

Also fucking kek at you for "working 50h a week = no time to enjoy life". This is some terminal neetdom.
>>
>>34818952

I second >>34819003
a network in your field of study is pretty much the most important single aspect to landing a position. knowing people in the right places can get you a job before they even bother listing an opening for that position
>>
File: 1481683327059.jpg (124KB, 1170x923px) Image search: [Google]
1481683327059.jpg
124KB, 1170x923px
>tfw coming out of your robot shell and making friends
>tfw still can't get a gf or feel happy
>>
>>34818751

Former accounting student here. Is it tax that's getting you? My parents wouldn't let me switch to another program until I failed tax 3 times.

Thank fuck I switched, I'm almost done my new program but I'm sick to death of school. I just want out, 10 fucking semesters and still no friends or girlfriend.
>>
>>34822174
>failed tax 3 times.
I don't get how people fail classes. Do you guys just don't study? Are you just unintelligent? I feel bad for people who suggested with education. Education just always seemed to click for me, and I never really struggled with any class. Sure, some topics were harder than others, but they only required more time to master them
>>
I dropped out of a UC because I wasnt passing my Stem courses. Dropped out and went to the CC nearby and want to go back into an engineering major at another uni. Im doing much better now and am passing my courses here at the CC. The courses are actually much more difficult here because it goes by a semester system rather than the quarter system at the UCs so theres more time added to the classes which means higher standards.

It also helps that my parents help me pay rent and I qualify for federal assistance so I get waivers.
>>
>>34821998
that too, you gotta network anons!

it's hard with a liberal arts degree, but like I said, everything sucks and you gotta work toward it. just don't get a degree without first finding out its ROI. it'll make things easier. AND TALK TO YOUR PROFS. THEY'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS FOR YOU!
>>
>>34822174
Yeah tax is really fucking me up. My professor is an asshole who thinks hes better than everyone else. He has his CPA and he worked for a lot of major companies in the past.

I just don't really like accounting anymore. I've thought about HR. It seems easier and I feel like I won't want to kill myself doing it. I know everyone here shits on HR, but it really can't be that bad, right?
>>
File: 1414386750616.png (70KB, 440x470px) Image search: [Google]
1414386750616.png
70KB, 440x470px
>Dropped out of College because Math Courses were too difficult

I was majoring in mathematics too. Too much of a brainlet to succeed, I guess. Now I shitpost 24/7 while reading philosophy, which it 10 times as enjoyable to me as math.
>>
>>34822236
I can see it as apathy for the subject being taught or some other factor, like mental health.

Anyone can get a C, if they put in some effort. It's the motivation that is primarily a driving factor I'm guessing.
>>
File: 1462847802663.jpg (124KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462847802663.jpg
124KB, 900x900px
>>34822378
>was a Chemistry major
>had a 3.2 GPA
>switched majors to Criminal Justice because I had to study five hours a day to keep my GPA from plummeting
>>
>>34822378
>he could be reading philosophy while having a marketable degree
>>
>>34822236

A)Could not get into the material no matter how hard I tried
B)By the third time, I stopped caring since I knew I had no way to pass it and was really only there so I could fail it again and convince my parents to let me change programs.
C)The instructer was considered to be in the bottom 5, he'd teach and test completely different material and the instructor people liked always had their classes filled within seconds. I heard many stories of people taking the shit instructor, failing horribly regardless of effort, then getting in the class with the competent person and passing easily.
>>
>>34822413
What are marketable degrees?
>>
>>34822404
I'm sooo glad I didn't major in chem. Organic is dogshit boring. I miss my dumb general chem classes. Gimme math goddamnit.
>>
I left because it was a waste of money. I've never liked school because I have no interest in anything schools have to offer.
Now I just work full time at a record store and have a few seasonal jobs on the side like snow plowing and package handling. I don't really care honestly. I like my job(s).
>>
>>34822404
I should have gone down the Criminal Justice route. It's the easiest degree you can get and you apparently have pretty good job security, you just won't get paid too much
>>
>>34822438
A myth.
>>
>>34822413

Math's too hard. I strolled in thinking I was some autistic genius, left with my ego tightly folded up and shoved up my ass.

It doesn't matter too much. I've since given up on life completely
>>
>>34822341

Are you a woman? Good luck getting a job in HR otherwise.
>>
>>34822438
>marketable
>Attractive to potential employers or clients; in demand;
>Oxford English Dictionary
>>
Took a very important test
Got a 0
Teacher won't respond to my emails
WTF happened I took the test yet it didn't go through or something
>>
>>34822490
No, but I am a POC, so I guess my chances are pretty good.
>>
>>34822530

What kind? Asians are just the other white people when it comes to meeting diversity quotas and privledge debates and the like.
>>
>>34822573
lol I'm Asian.
>>
>>34822588

Yeah you're not getting an HR job.
>>
File: 1440854133340.png (93KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1440854133340.png
93KB, 500x599px
>make out with qt from uni a while ago
>"i'm finally gonna make it"
>chat with her on facebook a lot since
>party yesterday at uni, i try to go for it again
>she pretty much seems annoyed with me and flirts with a chad instead
>go home crying
>>
>>34822588
>Asian
>calls himself poc
>>
>>34822588
Asians don't get benefits of being PoC in fact Asians often get penalized for being Asian.

I think Asians are actually less likely to be accepted in colleges than even whites.
>>
>>34822617
>make out with a cute guy from uni a while ago
>"maybe he's relationship material"
>endlessly bothers me on facebook for no particular reason
>party yesterday at uni, he tries to make out with me
>strike up a conversation with some random guy just to get away from his clumsy advances
>go home disappointed
>>
>>34818343
I went to a technical college for a two year program, barely made it through the first year. Second year rolls around and it only takes a week before I crack and just stop going. That was two years ago and I'm going back to finish my second year in the fall.
When I dropped out two years ago it was the best decision of my life. I wasn't ready to jump into a career at 22, and I wanted to dick around at my part-time job being a pseudo-NEET. Now I'm ready to go back because being poor sucks.
It's never too late, robots.
>>
>>34818343
failed second semester of computer engineering and was kicked out, then begged my uni to take me back in the 3rd sem, which they did (I used the "first generation student" card). I switched disciples to bioeng and I'm pretty happy with the direction I'm taking. Plus there are more qt grils in my program, I may ask that specific one out pretty soon
>>
>>34822608
>>34822653
>>34822656

HAHAHHAAHAH
Where are you guys getting this information from?
>>
>>34818532
>college here is tuition-free
Bish where
>>
>>34822773
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html
>>
>>34822502
Get reading comprehension you fucking retard. I didnt ask for the definition of marketable. I asked what were some marketable degrees.
>>
File: poc.png (22KB, 647x174px) Image search: [Google]
poc.png
22KB, 647x174px
>>34822653
Stop being retard.
>>
File: 1485222095669.png (884KB, 1043x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485222095669.png
884KB, 1043x720px
>>34818343
>living alone at uni
>haven't seen parents in forever since they live pretty far away
>dad drives out to see me today
>asks me to look up something for him since he's terrible with computers
>wake up my computer without thinking
>have anime background and mpc minimized which immediately resumes playing since I bumped the keyboard
>close it and quickly pull up browser over background
>doesn't say anything but I can see the disappointment on his face
>>
>>34818343

>Taking history
>Boy I love me some history! Soon I will be inculcated into the ancient order of historians and find out all the secret and important shit that tells us loads about the mutable or immutable nature of humanity an blows out all the other social sciences

1x year passes

>What the FUCK
>All we are reading is modern fucking paperback history because only history that gets popular is woth criticizing
>Pinker and Diamond et al have done a much better job of explaining history than any one historian
>Do an ENTIRE FUCKING MODULE on revolutionary france and modern historiography of it for conclusion to end up "So marxist explanations are all obviously wrong and the reson for all this was explained already relly well by like, the 1920's and it was mainly nationalism and people being fighty like we suggested right at the start of the module lololololol"
>THEN DONT MAKE ME READ SHIT HISTORIOGRAPHY FOR NO FUCKING REASON REEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you are doing a humanities degree DROP THE FUCK OUT. All its explanatory power has already been pretty much fucking mined out and there is fucking NOTHING in terms of ordinary jobs you can do with it. 70% of the people who took humanities at my russel group uni went on to be fucking BARMEN...

Dropping out isn't wrong if you got memed into a fucking degree. r9k might be an echo chamber to some extent but it gets the occasional thing exactly right...NON STEM DEGREES ARE A FUCKING MEME (unless its law or medicine or something) Just drop out now. Best decision I ever made.
>>
>>34818952

You may be one of the rare exceptions: If you KNOW people in things politics related you may end up a MP's aide (or senatorial aaide or something if you're a merifag) but for the most part your friend is right.
>>
Bio major, I need to finish my degree this year but I'm depressed and going crazy and have a lab practical in two days for a class I am retaking and am worrying I'll fail again. Can't focus on anything, I go to class and then go back to sleep within 2 hours of getting home. I force myself to run but lately I've been fatigued and my runs are getting slower and slower. Nothing is fun anymore.

I'll be 24 in a month and for some reason this feels like the cutoff point for when I'll officially be a virgin failure for life. Kinda lonely and empty now.
>>
>>34823399
Microbio major going through similar things.

Stay strong, you got this. If you can study now, get a coffee and do it. Get the degree, it's almost done.
>>
File: 1486237523027.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486237523027.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>34823399
>virgin failure for life
Listen anon, bio is a good major assuming you don't end up being one of the failures who hangs around here blaming his inability to find a job on his major, you'll probably get something high paying. So stop worrying about women, at this point if you're a virgin at 24 the only thing that's left is used goods who will see you as a walking paycheck/beta provider. Don't be one of the faggots around here that lets being a virgin get him down over everything, just focus on getting you're degree done for now and you'll have plenty of time/money to do what you want soon, and if being a virgin is still bothering you for some reason then once you're done you'll be in the perfect position to swipe up a used up stacy, who realizes college is over and her looks are wearing out and can't carry her anymore, or the better option you'll have plenty of money for prostitutes.
>>
>>34823742
>assuming you don't end up being one of the failures who hangs around here
>proceeds to give the whole clueless bitter autistic virgin take on women and relationships
farty kekks
>>
>>34824107
>measures his success on not being a virgin
>calls others cringe
I'm saying as long as he gets a job instead of sitting around complaining he'll be fine
>>
What are some good degrees to look into? I gotta get my bachelors soon, but I'm kinda at a loss as to where to go from here.
>>
>>34818343
I went to college for one semester, then started a job and haven't gone there for the rest of the year

I always felt inferior and have no motivation to actually finish anything
>>
File: clitt.png (160KB, 389x341px) Image search: [Google]
clitt.png
160KB, 389x341px
>>34818343
Failed communications class last semester. Retaking it this semester. Gonna get a C/B by literally cheating on everything. But pretty close to just dropping out of school and of existence itself.
>>
>>34824935
What's c/b?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Fuck me, lads.

>at the library yesterday
>walking behind this girl
>Asian (probably Korean)
>6 foot tall
>wearing the sexist low cut, skin tight jeans I have ever seen in my life
>absolute immaculate ass, broke the 10/10 scale, was AT LEAST an 11/10
>thigh gap game was insane
>gorgeous hair
>could tell she was wearing thick rimmed glasses (my fetish)
>have to see what her face looks like
>surreptitiously follow her until I can get a good look
>finally get a peak
>honest to God one of the ugliest and most busted faces I have ever seen in my life
>combination of Down syndrome and offering up her face as a target for a professional hockey team practicing slapshots
>have never seen such a vast dichotomy between amazing body and busted face in my life

You guys had to be there to truly appreciate it, because my God. It was beyond words. I wish I had to balls to take creepshots. This girl needs to studied and possibly placed in a museum.
>>
>>34824671
>What are some good degrees to look into?
Realistically whatever you enjoy or else you'll probably just end up burning out and dropping out or changing majors and wasting time. Just keep in mind STEM is easy jobs but arts/humanities are fine as well if you're willing to spend time interning and getting some decent references.
>>
>>34825212
I'd like to work in film, television or other media. I'm not sure if I want to major in communications, and minor in film, or major in film
>>
>>34818343
>How has your life been since you left?

it just depends on "why did you drop out".

>be me
>car accident
>semester lost
>add in family issues (uncle jailed, sister's divorce, dad demoted)
>drop out because *Reasons*

I don't feel bad about dropping out.
>>
I'm on the verge of doing so. The last two semesters went well because I driven by my desire to transfer out of this shithole, but now that it's not financially viable option (it never was, but I was not yet forced to knowledge it), I've completely fallen apart. I just want to be done with it all.
>>
>>34825364
The market is so saturated already you probably just want to finish the next two years dude. Job prospects will be better, and hopefully it'll be worth it.
>>
>>34825293
>I'm not sure if I want to major in communications, and minor in film, or major in film
Communications is going to give you more options, but if you have a decent idea of what you want to do go talk to your uni's councilors/advisors and ask them to go over the programs for both of those with you
>>
File: 1474407470157.jpg (60KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1474407470157.jpg
60KB, 500x430px
>>34825114
>>combination of Down syndrome and offering up her face as a target for a professional hockey team practicing slapshots
I'm dying over here
>>
>>34825424
I just what I'm studying so much, and I'm in far too much debt to go back to school anytime soon. Plus, I don't share your hopes for the future of our economy.
>>
>>34819899

No it's not you stupid mongoloid. Monolingual means you speak one language. Multilingual is the correct word.
>>
I have a friend who technically never even passed middle school and dropped out of hs
He keeps telling the same shit about getting a GED but never does
Instead takes Japanese classes because anime
He says he wants to be a translator
Other than that he runs "errands" for his family and sits around playing fifa all day
How can he do it without being a utter disappointment to his parents?
>>
>>34825515
I talked to them, and they said to transfer to NYC since im already in central NY, and that I basically need connections like anything else. They didn't recommend a major though
>>
>>34818952
>speak multiple languages
what can you speak anon
>>
>>34825075
2.0 or 3.0 GPA. sry i was in r a rush to say a C or B grade.
>>
>>34825703
>they said to transfer to NYC
Are you going to a community college now?
>>
>>34826043
Yeah wanted to start at a cc so it'd be cheaper overall.
>>
File: 1478637536827.jpg (556KB, 1016x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1478637536827.jpg
556KB, 1016x1054px
I got a two year degree in electrical automation. Barely made it through with a 3.1gpa. At the end I felt like I barely knew anything about the field. I got a job and worked for 1.5 years, and made 90k. I spent most of it, and quit the job due to my hatred of the industry. Going back for a bachelors in Information Technology. I'm 23 btw.
>>
>>34826116
Oh well that explains it, community college advisors are useless, decide on your 4 year and then go to the advisors there and they'll help you decide since that's their actual job.
>>
>>34819430
how the fuck do you drop out of high school your second ever week of freshman year?
>>
>>34826181
Lmao rip, I'm still trying to find a 4 year that wont totally rape my pockets
>>
>>34818479
Hey why don't you buy a PS4 instead bud?

It's got wayyy better games and we would be able to play together as well.
>>
I'm studying law in Brazil, leads to the best paying jobs if I put enough hours of dedication into it, the problem is that I just don't feel like I have the will to study

Problem is, I often try to force myself to study the entire day because I'm studying law at one of the best law universities of Brazil, only an idiot would waste this opportunity, it's a free pass to become a prosecutor or a judge if I put enough effort into it

But I can't
>>
>>34821343
Then you're taking an easy mode degree and should shut the fuck up. Good luck getting an A and coasting in a Biochemistry honors or specialist course at a top tier University.

I always understand the material, but that doesn't matter. The memory is endless, just so many fucking signalling pathways, so many fucking folding structures and torsion angles lol It's endless and there's always more to memorize. I can't wait to be done this shit.
>>
File: 1485247567025.jpg (6KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1485247567025.jpg
6KB, 250x140px
Currently doing BA (hons) in English. First semester.

I have a passion for the art of writing. What do bros?
>>
>>34827378
The important things is that you have a university degree right guys???
>>
>>34820599
>>34820763
What the hell? I have a shit ton of work doing ECE. What classes were you taking your first and second years? I'm first year and this semester I'm in Physics mechanics, differential equations, materials science, a writing seminar, and circuits.

The work load is pretty large. Then again, I am at an elite university so things might be different.
>>
>>34827403
>>34827378
I believe in you anon.

originally
>>
File: 1484963843824.jpg (15KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
1484963843824.jpg
15KB, 320x319px
>it's another anon falls in love with a girl in his class and imagines their lives together episode
>>
>>34827378

>writing
>needing a degree

No.
>>
>>34827789

Have you even talked to her?

I haven't said two words to mine. She's all I think about, and then I realize how fucked up it is to be obsessed with someone you haven't even talked to and then I get depressed because I clearly have some deep seeded mental health issues.
>>
>>34827789
the prettiest girl in my class has aspergers

she's pretty hot thou
>>
File: 1484829594979.gif (2MB, 422x642px) Image search: [Google]
1484829594979.gif
2MB, 422x642px
>second year of japanese minor
>start working on translating doujins for myself to learn some extra words and kanji
>sometimes recognize new kanji as they come up in class because I've seen them in doujins
>getting paranoid I'm someday going to end up accidentally writing out stock hentai phrases by accident on school work
>>
>>34827996
I know this pain anon, it's hard to stop fantasizing. I don't even mean to.
>>
>>34828073

It's interesting you bring up "imaging your life together", because I do the same shit.

I fantasize about going on our first date, our first sexual encounter, introducing her to my family, taking her on vacation, our wedding down to location, catering, first dance, etc.

Shit is so unhealthy. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>34826772
>in nyc
>trying to find something that won't rape your wallet
good luck anon I've got no advice for that I'm lucky I'm in texas where everything is relatively cheap
>>
>>34828056

Did you know any Japanese before you started taking classes in it?

Also, what's different between the major and minor?
>>
>>34818751
same boat here, different major though

>friends
>>
File: 1481504511061.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481504511061.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>second semester Civil Engineering
>already failed a class and am currently retaking it
>2.0 GPA

Someone tell me it gets easier from here
>>
>>34827378

What you should do is name me a single fucking writer who went to University to be a writer.

>Frankenstein
>All quiet on the western front
>Great expectations
>The grapes of wrath

Think how many of these books WOULDNT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN if the author had been fucking around at uni.

Drop out. I'm serious. You'll have more time to write, and wont be paying 9000 pounds a year or (12ish thousand americabuks) to do what you could be doing RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>34827996
>>34828073
I do all the same things. I have zero romantic experience with females so when I see a pretty one I can't help but imagine what it would be like to be able to cuddle and touch her without being a creep. It all seems so foreign to me. It's almost hard to believe that some people manage to get so close to these beautiful women. They seem as far away as the stars.
>>
>>34828142
Yeah man I know, but connections are super important so I kinda have to bite the bullet. Luckily it's not that much more expensive than the unis in central NY so it feels less shitty.
>>
>>34828218
I hear once you get into the higher level classes the material gets harder, but the grading is a lot more lenient.
>>
>>34827378
At least you're studying something related to your passions.
>>
File: pepe3.jpg (6KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe3.jpg
6KB, 250x200px
>>34823256
>Just drop out now
and do what?!?!
>>
>>34827996
>Have you even talked to her?
No. I keep telling myself that I'll approach her before the semester ends but I know deep down that I never will and I'll be filled with regret for the summer.
>>34828131
>Shit is so unhealthy
It is. I only have one class with mine so I rarely get to see her. Most of my time today was spent doing homework and looking out the window of my dorm room to see if she'd walk by.
>>
File: 1481969473800.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1481969473800.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>34828231
>>34828435

This >>34827996 >>34828131 guy here.

This girl I'm talking about is special. The first day of class, I laid eyes on her, and it was like time stopped. My vision tunneled, my head spun, and it was right there I knew that this was the girl I was going to marry and spend the rest of my life with.

I've seen a lot of hot women in my life, and this was way, way deeper than that. I never understood or believed in the concept of love at first sight before that day last month. I know it sounds like bullshit, but it was some sort of near-spiritual feeling.

Then she starts talking in class and she's not only the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, but she's also brilliant, quick witted, and funny.

And then I overhear her talking to her friend about her boyfriend and I experience this weird dichotomy of suicidal pessimism and immense relief over the fact that my pathetic piece of shit avoidant, introverted, terrified-of-rejection self wouldn't have had a shot even if I had the balls to say something to her.
>>
>>34818343
>Went to second rate uni
>Never went to classes b/c so many chads in class who used to whisper and snigger while looking at me from the back of class
>Get emails from lecturers daily saying I'm going to have to repeat the year, this is 3 months in to the first year
>Move out of dorms after a bit, because all are Chads and Roasties
>Leave the house, go to area uni is in and go home after wandering around for a bit
>eventually drop out after the Christmas break, parents were understanding, but knew I would only become more introverted
>Become NEET for around 22 months in all, did some miserable warehouse work in the interim, injuring my body multiple times
>Now have solid office work, but the management all know about my stress/anxiety problems, so my performance and attendance are tracked extremely vigilantly, no one else gets this treatment.
>Live with parents, currently saving for a car, will save for small apartment after this.
>Secretly hope and pray I win the fucking lottery and can live as a comfy NEET, never having to interact face to face outside of delivery guys and escorts (whores are legal here, so no risks involved)
>have fucking dreams about it
>Wake up every morning and remember what my life is after 10 seconds
>I am in inescapable despair 5 days a week and the weekends are consumed by the fact that i have to go back on Monday
>Remember I have barely any Uni debt, Chads/Roasties will have $50K+, which they won't pay off, as they'll e stuck at Cuckdonald's forever.
>mfw

The only real joy in my life is that others will suffer just as bad, if not worse than I am
>>
File: 1484802770816.png (265KB, 405x462px) Image search: [Google]
1484802770816.png
265KB, 405x462px
>>34828152
>Did you know any Japanese before you started taking classes in it?
No other than typical weebshit phrases which have never been useful. But the courses are designed to start you at nothing, first class spent the first 2 weeks learning hiragana, katakana and sounds then started picking up kanji mid semester.

>what's different between the major and minor?
Minor in japanese at my uni is, is 21 hours, 18 basic (so jap 1-6) then 3 advanced (a class of your choice). Whereas a japanese major is something like 39 hours of japanese then so many of "advanced hours", plus general uni requirements that all have to add up to something like 120 overall hours so most language students end up picking up a second language to fill time.
>>
>>34828548
Sounds rough, man. Maybe try to forget her? I know it's not as easy as that but it's probably for the best.
>>
File: 1484445708457.jpg (114KB, 1024x993px) Image search: [Google]
1484445708457.jpg
114KB, 1024x993px
>>34828220
Well there's Stephen King.

I'm sorry you don't have any passions Mr. Autismo except for masturbating and shitposting but don't try and ruin it for the rest of us dreamers
>>
>>34828548
I had a similar experience a few years ago, save for the fact that the girl I was crushing on had never had a bf afaik. Never asked her out or got to know her, I still regret never having approached her even though I'm still convinced she's out of my league.
>>
>>34828548
I felt similar feelings the first time I saw mine. She isn't conventionally cute but I'll be damned if she isn't the most beautiful girl I've seen in a long fucking time. When she walked into class and sat next to me my heart fucking melted. My face got red and I tried my best to focus on my professor but all I could think about was her. The only thing I'm good at in that class is sneaking peeks of her while she isn't looking.
>>
File: Pepachu.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pepachu.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>34827788
Thanks bud. Means a lot.

Have a rare pepe.
>>
File: 1485655777961.png (124KB, 500x621px) Image search: [Google]
1485655777961.png
124KB, 500x621px
giving a presentation, or a defense rather, of my thesis tomorrow. cant handle the thought of a room full of people, 100% of who know more about the topic than i do, listen to it and then ask mean questions.
ill just keep it as cringe free as possible and vanish without a trace after. maybe ill cry myself into a nap or something, well see. the possibilities!
>>
>>34821226
You want to go on a part-time course to become a chartered accountant while working in a firm two or three days a week for experience. A degree in accounting is nearly useless desu
>>
File: ReoWl.gif (1MB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
ReoWl.gif
1MB, 540x303px
>>34828720

Interesting. I would love to learn Japanese and have been looking for a minor. It would pair well with my major, too.

Shit scares me though. I took three years of German in high school, and even though I tried my hardest, I never really "got" it. If I couldn't grasp German, I'm sure that there would be no way that I would do well learning Japanese.

Maybe I'll try to take a class over the summer to see how shit goes.

>>34828737

Yeah, I guess. Much easier said than done.

>>34828884

You regret it, eh? I'm hoping I don't. Honestly, as I type this now, I'm fairly certain I would rather live with this horrible feeling of "what if" than deal with even an iota of a chance of her turning me down.

>>34828902
>She isn't conventionally cute but I'll be damned if she isn't the most beautiful girl I've seen in a long fucking time.
>The only thing I'm good at in that class is sneaking peeks of her while she isn't looking.

I'm very, VERY much aware of these feels.

She caught me a couple weeks ago. We made really awkward eye contact. I've toned it down since.
>>
>>34829048
>chartered

I'm from burgerland you idiot, we gotta get 6 years in school just to be eligible for CPA
>>
>>34821452
Ya like films anon? Do cinematography, plenty of colleges running it and in our culture, there's always going to be jobs in television, film, whatever Netflix is turning into, etc.
>>
>>34829051
>Maybe I'll try to take a class over the summer to see how shit goes.
You can do it anon, I was in a similar position with french, I took it for 3 years in hs and was somehow made teachers aide senior year and I really only passed because the teacher liked me. But I've done quite well in japanese because I have an active interest in it which makes me actually want to study, especially now that I'm getting to a point where I can read a lot of simpler shit. I've actually been talking to one of my professors lately and I plan on trying to study for the N1/2 after graduation and to get a job somewhere as a translator/localizer since I genuinely enjoy japanese but hate my major
>>
>>34827378
post one of your works of art
>>
I suffered a huge delusion when I changed uni. 80% percent of the classes wre garbage, the mood was terrible (80% female, very bitchy), suffered a lot from loneliness, didn't feel I belonged with these people, couldn't stand how poeple being 20-22 years old could be so disrespectful and really dumb.
I dropped out, I've been a NEET for 3 years now, leeching of my parents. In therapy for all that time as well, trying slowly to build up confidence again. I'm so very afraid of everything, of trying, of failing, of suffering thinking I don't belong anywhere.
>>
I need help to create a feasible alternative to going to university.
>don't want to be eternally in debt
>getting a degree still means becoming a wagecuck
>don't want to be a wagecuck for life
>business ideas have fallen flat before they took off
I don't know what I should do. I'd rather neck myself than working as a good goyim for the aristos for life
>>
>>34828868

He went to University to get an english degree, which helped him TEACH ENGLISH but did he submit his manuscripts with the following missive

>u beddeh bublish muh bug
>i haf english degree
> :D:D:D:D:D:D
>mens i rite gud
>beddeh than u frend

No. He didn't did he?

But fuck you anyway. Stay and waste your money see if I give a shit. Seriously consider, perhaps, why I posted to warn you off.
>>
File: 1474001452917.jpg (540KB, 572x729px) Image search: [Google]
1474001452917.jpg
540KB, 572x729px
>>34828977
You'll be fine anon, you can do it. you've made it this far, just hang in there a little more!
>>
>>34828656
No true lmao, your life will always be several steps under theirs. You have nothing.
>>
>>34828977
why didn't you learn about what you're presenting?
I would feel bad if you weren't an anime posting faggot
>>
>>34829159
>because I have an active interest in it which makes me actually want to study

Makes sense.

I'm seriously going to look into taking an intro class this summer.

Good luck with you goal, man. That's the dream right there. I have a buddy I grew up with who studied Japanese independently throughout high school, majored in it, and after graduating got a job teaching English to grade school kids near Tokyo.

He's married to this absolute qt, and he posts the most adorable pictures of his students on Facebook. They fucking worship him.

If I could do it all over again... God damn.
>>
>>34829385
thanks, its not like i can back out or anything so i guess ill do it somehow

>>34829416
i did "learn" about it, i wrote my thesis after all. its just that my audience are the masters, docs and profs from my chair which are simply deeper in the field than i am.
if they decide my entire reasoning is bullshit theres nothing i can do.
>>
Will everyone ree at me if I post something uplifting?

I'm on my 4th semester at uni, and while I pretty much fucked myself by not studying/being retarded the first 3 semesters, I finally got put on adderall and am on top of things. My first 3 test grades have been an 85, a 90, and a 104, I do all of my work ahead of when it's due, I go to all of my classes, and other than the fact that sociology makes me want to rip my hair out and I have to struggle not to reveal my power level when we have discussions about """gender inequality""""" I'm doing alright. The only real problem is that I might graduate a semester or 2 late, but it's really not that bad since I went in with all but 3 of my GEP credits covered from classes I took in highschool. My only real problem is that during the week I feel like there's so little time to get shit done, but on the weekend I have such an overabundance of time that I always convince myself to put shit off until sunday. How do I stop doing this to myself?
>>
>>34828656
>whisper and snigger while looking at me from the back of class

I hate it when people do this shit
>>
File: 1.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>34825114
This is still the funniest post in this thread
>>
>>34829218
So it can be plagiarized by one of you neckbeards?

Naah I don't think so.
>>
File: 1484893184000.gif (2MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1484893184000.gif
2MB, 500x391px
I feel like dropping out of uni would be best for me mentally because my brainlet self can only take so much but there's no way I can pay of my current $60k debt right now. I'm nearly done with core courses and I only need 2 more years to complete the courses for finance. While that's going on I'm studying for my CCENT and CCNA. Originally I was doing CS but I had to drop it because I saw with my own eyes that there are things I just can't do no matter how much effort I put into it.

My academic life has been a fucking mess and I don't know how the fuck I could fix it. I feel like joining a military branch would be best but I know I won't put effort into it.
>>
File: fuckschool.png (217KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
fuckschool.png
217KB, 459x459px
>drop out of college
>become an artist
>4 years go by with no fucking clue how to improve
>start making a living drawing hentai
>move out again
>slowly expanding to non-hentai things
>cute girls send me pictures and postcards
I regret not living up my youth but the freedom I have now I wouldn't trade for anything
>>
>>34830990
Send us some of your art?
>>
>>34822617
at least you got to make out with a qt, more than i'll ever do in my life.

i miss college so much. it was so easy, lots of free time, no stress, long breaks. life afterward is much worse.
>>
>>34830617
im just trying to get my A+ from uni so i can get entry level IT and nothing more i really dont care anymore
>>
>>34820599
>playing morrowind
You sir have good taste.
>>
me. awful, but it was awful while i was there, as well.

thinking about reapplying for next semester just so i have something to do. can't find a job. got fired from my last one and every one i've applied to since asks "have you ever been terminated etc etc" and i'm automatically DQ'd. gonna just start lying i guess.
>>
File: haven't you.png (187KB, 540x870px) Image search: [Google]
haven't you.png
187KB, 540x870px
Yes.
Tomorrow I'll have to tell my parents I failed and I want to drop out.

Any advice?
>>
>>34831232

I did it like, three times.

Be sure to cry.
>>
I haven't but I really want to. I like learning on my own but the pressure of grades just kills my enthusiasm. And I'd much rather spend four years earning money than earning debt.
>>
>>34818952
Tell your friend he's a retard.because an economics degree is pretty useless. You need at least a master's degree in economics for it to be worthwhile. Most banks prefer finance majors unless the degree is from an Ivy league school.

Here's what's going to happen after both of you graduate. You're still going to be volunteering for local political campaigns and he's still going to be working retail. In other words, nothing is going to change.
>>
File: 1432669193779s.jpg (10KB, 223x225px) Image search: [Google]
1432669193779s.jpg
10KB, 223x225px
>>34827327
nah mate i'm doubling in comp sci and comp info systems. Not some lib arts shit.

You biofags are the only ones I feel bad for because your entire system is literally based on memorizing everything physically possible.
>>
File: 2.png (36KB, 503x276px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
36KB, 503x276px
>>34831261
I honestly don't know if I can do it.
I actually don't care at all. I'm worried and I would love to not have to do it, but...
I'm not even sad.

Also, My parents and I are so far apart. I don't even know them that well.
>>
>>34831186
Yeah I've been roleplaying a former slave argonian who is out to kill every dark elf he sees for this whole semester
>>
I went to about a year and a half of CC. Never took it seriously and took bullshit classes like Art History. I thought I was going to have a career in tennis and didn't give a fuck. As it turned out I wish I had applied myself more - might have been able to transfer to a State or UC. I'm happy with where I am now but it might have made a lot of the years since easier.
>>
File: 1483150636758.png (557KB, 468x486px) Image search: [Google]
1483150636758.png
557KB, 468x486px
8am tomorrow boys. Time to hit the hay

Stop procastinating
Go to the library
Start lifting at your uni's gym
Ask out your oneitis
>>
>>34830990
do you have a steam

orangi
>>
>>34830990
you make enough to live off of from drawing?
>>
Are art degrees really as worthless as everyone says? I'm studing biology right now, but I really wish it was sculpture instead
>>
>>34832014
You can still practice your art without a degree, but you can't get a biology job without one.
>>
>>34818381
is that job as bad as it sounds
>>
>dropped out of college 3 years ago
>make 6 figures a year now

learn a trade
>>
File: 1449015339592.jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1449015339592.jpg
4KB, 225x224px
>>34832014
now lets think about this for a moment. What the fuck are you going to do as a career in sculpting? You think the pope is gonna invite you over to make a statue next to the pieta?

You have almost entirely been replaced by 3d design and machine fabrication.
>>
>>34832124
What trade anon?
>>
>>34832139
Same thing Donald Trump did to get rich (at least what he did at first)
>>
>>34832170
Stop exploiting your customers and workers that's not a trade
>>
File: Blank_6797d4_6175642.jpg (56KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_6797d4_6175642.jpg
56KB, 800x430px
>first semester
>already failing 3 out of 6 classes

how fucked am i ???
>>
>>34832346
My first semester I failed 3/5 and barely passed another, ended with a 1.41 gpa which cost me my scholarship.

It's my second semester now, and I'm dropping after this semester.
>>
>>34832346
You should probably drop out. If you can't make it through the first semester, you probably won't make it through the rest of them. No point in getting more debt
>>
>>34832346

how do you fail out of "Psychology 101", buddo
>>
>>34818343
I did fairly well in my first year of university even though I was taking courses like Introductory Real analysis. This was also with me only putting in 5 hours/week studying max.

In my second year I was harassed by another student who on various occasions called me a virgin, etc. I had a mental breakdown and deferred all of my exams until the following semester. The only thing that had kept me going through high school was the faint hope that things would improve in university. I felt demoralised and began failing classes.

I managed to graduate, but my degree is basically toilet paper. My gpa was shot so I couldn't go for a master's degree and I couldn't apply to entry level positions at companies that would ask for transcripts. That being said things are going OK now that I'm done with college. I have a realistic plan on how to improve my life but it will require a considerable amount of hard work and dedication. I also have a lot of regrets that I didn't reach anywhere close to my full potential, socially or career wise.
>>
>>34832383
studying in germany so no debt for me
>>
>>34831324

i doubt you'll have the balls, but pretend you're going to class, and instead use that $$$ for psychiatry. Get adderall, and then join retail and get hired up to salary for being such a hardworker.
>>
>>34832421
"called me a virgin" christ almighty why the fuck couldnt you handle that?
>>
>>34832421
>Failed normie detected

OREGANO
>>
>>34831154
>im just trying to get my A+ from uni
>from uni

haha. Dude, just get braindumps.

I passed 901-902 yesterday. Pajeets steal all the answers and literally put them on braindumps.
>>
>>34832458
It happened a dozen times over the course of a few months. Was also harassed in other ways.

When you're 18-19 getting laid is basically everything.
>>
Droped out of college and now i'm working as a slave goblin in the factory.
In this kind of enviroinment you really notice how the better educated people prevail over everyone. The poor uneducated goblins look like ghouls with no ambition while the engineers and such dress nicely and always look content and optimistic.

It's when i realised that comunism is the true form of the beta uprising
>>
Join the military and get in on the G.I. Bill
>>
>>34832543
If only I could join the US military as a Europoor.
>>
>>34832445
I could never do such things to my parents.

It would be even worse than a lie. It's scamming them.

I'm pretty sure they have no problem at all with it, and if i was to tell them I needed therapy they would be the first one to give me money.

Fact is that It's really hard for me to be honest with them.
But this time, I really have to.

Also, I don't have ADHD And I'm pretty scared by medicines.
>>
>>34832570(You)
Get your happy ass over here!
https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet
>>
>>34832458
>>34832487
I should add that I didn't have any social life whatsoever.

If you don't have any friends and the only person you're talking to is harassing you, well it takes it's toll on you.
>>
>>34832644
I'm pretty sure I would need a green card to join the US military. They wouldn't let a dude from another country join the military.
>>
>>34832637
>Also, I don't have ADHD

if you're failing repetitive STEM classes, then hate to break it to you, but you have attention problems.
>>
File: 6849-25590-3848.png (67KB, 847x521px) Image search: [Google]
6849-25590-3848.png
67KB, 847x521px
Is CS too hard? Do I have to study my ass off if i take it and did bad at highschool math? Its the only major that wouldn't end up in me being a teacher.
>>
>>34832543

At one point I was so disillusioned with college and restless I was on the verge of dropping out and joining the Army

Now I'm almost done and I think I just want to join the Army anyway
>>
>>34832762
It's one of the easiest degrees out there.

I did IT in college (UK high school kind of thing). Nearly all of my class mates did CompSci at uni, and they're literally drinking and doing no work. Meanwhile I'm killing myself with Latin.

You do get what you put into it though. None of my friends can program anything worthwhile. They will have diplomas though.
>>
who else credit overload attempter?
>>
>>34832793
Get a degree and become and officer. The pay is good and the pension is killer.
>>
Alright lads. Should I go to the library at 3:40AM?

I can't sleep and I want to study, will people think I'm a homeless creep?
>>
>>34832534
hola
oregano
>>
>tfw always walk into lecture late
>wonder what people are thinking about me

Anyone else know this feel
>>
>>34832895
No I'm always early.
>>
>>34832798
your friends will only be replaced by pajeets

CS is a meme degree unless you intern at the big 4 and go to a top college or have a tonne of experience
>>
>>34818952
>>34819198
My Dad did and economics degree at a mid-tier university and now works as a stockbroker making ~$500k/year. I don't even know if he finished his degree, all I know is that he was working full time by the end of it. I think he started working as an accountant and then became a commodities broker.
>>
>>34830990
post ur work
>>
File: 4.jpg (144KB, 764x793px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
144KB, 764x793px
>have no interest in going to grad school
>ignore opportunity for undergrad research that was handed to me
>year later, warming up to the idea of being a professor
>almost finished my degree
>too autistic to talk to professors
>>
File: 1473746694321.jpg (1MB, 1024x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473746694321.jpg
1MB, 1024x800px
1/4 into a humanities MA, 4.0 so far. It's okay. Soon I will become the professor. And anons will greentext about me.
>>
>Studied for 5 years in my home country in europe two bachelors degree at the same time
>Law and Political Sciences
>didn't want to become a lawyer
>decide that I wanted to do a Master overseas
>in the US to be precise
>I said to myself not to do something related to those Law or PS
>I decide Library and Information Sciences because I am a fucking bookworm
>I have dual citizenship (American and German)
>I can wait one year and pay in-state tuitition
>decide to go to the Masters to SJSU, since I have friends who live in the area
>I have been in the area since August and now

I am having an existential crisis by which i'm doubtfull if I should study a Master in International relationships. I have worked for a campaign in the area and for a Non-Profit and kinda of like both. Still the Library shit looks cool, I'm autistic as fuck when it comes to cataloguing and archiving shit.
>>
>>34833517
>Soon I will become the professor. And anons will greentext about me.

and you'll be back here greentexting about never getting tenure.
>>
>>34832762
a cs degree is literally just to get through job screening. Everything is made up and the points don't matter. You build your own portfolio to prove that you aren't useless.

Then you go into a more specialized career where you learn everything on the job and use everything that you don't learn about in school.
Or go into something like systems analysis and be irreplaceable by pajeets
>>
>>34833610
Ah, I know. I'll become a broke adjunct but it's okay. I'm in it for the helping people meme. Some of my professors were the nicest, most influential people in my life. One wanted me to go to seminary, and two wanted me to teach--maybe a passing on the torch kind of thing. It sounds corny, but I want to make them proud.
>>
>>34833603
Well I guess my problem is not that serious.
>>
>>34818343
Engineer here, failed one class because I skipped it frequently and got fucked on the final. Other than that not bad. Sucks now but some of it is interesting.

If you doubt your degree I recommend engineering, you don't have to be very smart just have a good work ethic
>>
At what point is it too late to start getting job experience?
>2nd year student and have NO job experience
pretty scared to get a job but I actually need money now
>>
>>34833060
>your friends will only be replaced by pajeets
this is the real meme. it's funny because CS is one of the few majors left that actually has less graduates than job openings, although that may change soon. only soulless code monkey jobs are done by pajeet because nobody wants to do them.
>>
>>34833938
>Too late to start getting job experience

so too late to get a job? Better late than never
>>
>tfw when the time last week some qt danced with you at the bar was fluke
>tfw when you froze up and had an awful time this week

Honestly, I'm at a breaking point with this. I think i'll straight up ask a Chad friend about flirting with girls.
>>
gen bio 2 exam and prelab on tuesday, ochem 1 exam, prelab, and lab report on wednesday. i need to get near perfect scores in anatomy 1 to get an a. i cant fucking wait until presidents day so i can catch up.
>>
File: 1437784241560.png (756KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437784241560.png
756KB, 501x600px
>Need a 3.0 minimum to get out of CC
>3.0 on the dot last semester
>a D, 2 C's, an A, and an unknown grade
>not even a month into school
I'm not gonna make it bros
>>
>>34834060
You can do it senpai. Look to the future, and see that it is necessary. You got it.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>UT Austin still hasn't gotten back to me yet

Maybe this week, right?
>>
>>34833958

Honestly it sounds like the visas that pajeets use are all getting fucked up by Trump. (It actually seems like he is going to crash in on pajeet CS working for american companies and make the worker shortage for CS way more pronounced)
>>
>>34833603

Masters in either is meme degree desu. I know that is probably not what you want to hear. In the US library science majors end up working at tiny local branches and never doing anything because there are so few jobs. Int relations is really easy to make big money in if you have the right connections. But the entire job market seems based on networking, and really tight knit.
>>
File: 1473528051253.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1473528051253.png
108KB, 400x381px
>LE MEME DEGREES XD

This is why /r9k/ is a cesspool filled with all sorts of unsightly degenerates.

I'll never stoop so low that I'd take advice from these cretins.
>>
switching to english literature

get fucked stem nerds
>>
File: 1401822309485.jpg (45KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1401822309485.jpg
45KB, 400x300px
>studying psychology as I always liked the idea of becoming a therapist
>turns out it's actually statistics and methods of scientifical research
>add in seminars of presenting papers to a larger group of people (30+), which is a total nightmare for me
>7th semester and I had no contact with clinical psychology whatsoever
The only reason I'm still enrolled is because I don't want to let down my mom.
>>
>>34818479
dont get an xbox, save up for pc parts and build it yourself
>>
>>34834754
i'd like a large fry with that fucked, please
>>
>>34834754
Damn straight my dude.

It's a rewarding field of study that involves creative thinking. Don't listen to these miserable and bitter NEET fucks.
>>
>>34834759
Still way more interesting than the STEM-cuckery if you ask me.
>>
>math fag
>going to shitty community college
>3.2 gpa
>applying for Rutgers to transfer in the fall
>want to get in to spite all the smug cunts who said I couldn't
>>
>>34834883
Ayy. Good luck anon, nothing better than proving cunts wrong.
>>
>>34818952
He was wrong.

Both of you will be working at Starbucks.
>>
>tfw go to commuter school
i don't want to join a frat to network
>>
>>34818989
They do give a shit about minority clubs, and leadership positions; but that's only if they need to see a deal breaker between two candidates with the same experience and grades
>>
>>34834883
Also mathfag, but don't come here, Rutgers is a shithole.
>>
>>34833177
What are you doing on this shitty website? Learn the trade from him and make money stat, you obtuse moron
>>
>>34825114
>combination of Down syndrome and offering up her face as a target for a professional hockey team practicing slapshots
Kek. This is what happens when a society normalises plastic surgery.
>>
Uni sucks. I went back to school to take some refresher classes cause my life's a mess and I thought it would be something to kill some time before applying to go for a masters. I already graduated with a worthless degree like 5 years ago. I forgot how much I hate uni. Plus 5 years of depression, meds, social isolation and alcoholism has fried my brain. I'm too stupid for the undergrad classes, failed my classes last term and in academic probation this term and on my way to failing this term. So much for grad school. Now I'm just half assing the classes until I can drop out in two weeks without my financial aid fucking me over. Two more fucking weeks of sitting through classes, donno if I'll survive it.
>>
I've never been good with people, I like people talking to me and can make some conversation, but have never been particularily great with socializing to meet new people. I never like to use it as an excuse but I have diagnosed AS which I doubt has helped to a great amount, I'd rather keep shush then act like a complete twat.

I joined a uni about 3 years ago, and followed the course through for a couple months or so, and made sure to talk to a couple of people on the first day, all kinda similar interests but it got to a point where in group scenarios I was never asked for, and social rejection made me stop bothering since it was so different to secondary where I was good with everyone.

Everyone still believes I'm still attending, I followed all the course material myself so I can use it to maintain the facade. I want to reapply since I feel like I could do it easy but then it'd mean breaking cover and everyone who knows me would know I lied about everything for three years, I can't take that idea of disapproval or potential rejection by family or friends. I figure I'll continue bluffing until I can move far enough to be able to pursue my education and career without the knowledge of others. Keeping it all quiet is killing me, especially when everyone keeps saying how smart and proud of me they are.
>>
>>34819577
>>34819918
You sure owned that fucking loser. I'm sure you are ten times the man he is. And your wife loves you.
>>
>20 credits
>can't buckle down and study for the life of me
JUST
>>
File: 156214675434.jpg (4KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
156214675434.jpg
4KB, 192x192px
>work and school generally account to around a 60+ hour work week
>passed first couple of midterms despite the additional workload
>get not just one but B O T H days off next weekend

nice.
>>
File: pepe beard.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
pepe beard.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
dropped out and have been NEET for 10+ years.
i'm happy. i have everything i want but i know i have no future

today i saw one of my old friends for the first time in about 13 years. i didn't even recognize him, my mom is the one who pointed it out. he knew me but he didn't say anything. makes me feel bad desu. i feel like i'm a totally different person compared to how i used to be.
>>
>>34818343
I gradually started going less and less. Since I'm pretty good at IT, I keep getting through in any classes that had teachers who didn't care about attendance. It eventually got to a point that only the teachers who cared about attendance were left, so I started failing. Then I eventually stopped going altogether. It's been around 2 years now and I just want to die.

I don't think this would have happened if I had picked a major that I didn't already know everything college would teach me before I even stepped in. I also think it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't a fucking 2 hours travel that takes three different buses, totalling 4 hours travelling each day. Plus if the university itself was more organized.... there's no way to say how bad it felt to travel all that, get there and then have the fucking teacher's secretary come and say there's no class that day because the teacher has a stomach ache. Fuck.

Anyway, as I started going less and less depression started kicking it up a notch. I also couldn't get jobs, I couldn't even get INTERVIEWS, it fucking sucked. The only reason I didn't kill myself is because when I got to it I noticed I was just not brave enough to go through with it. I was too scared of fucking it up and ending up not-dead, which would be invariably worse. Or just stpoping midway because I couldn't handle the pain. Whatever.

So I spent the entirety of 2016 getting /fit/. It helped a ton. I'll be starting new college (last one was paid for by the government, so no debt yet), still related to math (which I'm good at), but nothing I already have mastered, so I'll get to learn. It'll be a private university which means it'll be organized and trying to please me, and it'll also be so close I can walk to it. If I fuck this one up, I'll have debts, but I hope I won't fuck it up.

Things are actually looking up right now, though. I don't think I'll ever be happy, but I'm okay with not being terribly sad.
>>
File: Curious Cat.jpg (8KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
Curious Cat.jpg
8KB, 250x201px
>>34835541
Wait hold on... what have you been doing for the past three years then?

Am I being memed or what?
>>
>>34818343
Reminder that you CANT be a robot if you did good in/ enjoyed school
>>
File: The Chosen Pepe.jpg (324KB, 640x599px) Image search: [Google]
The Chosen Pepe.jpg
324KB, 640x599px
>>34835919
I'm intrigued.

Pls tell me more about your self anon.

As in... how did you end up in your current predicament.
>>
>barely making it
>started off as double major, now major and minor
>have an F and a couple Ds on my transcript
>2.6 GPA overall
>my professors hate me
>gf of 6 years who I spent most of my time with (neglecting studies for her) dumped me for chad a few months ago
>attempted suicide 3 times throughout the last 4 years
>currently in my final semester
>just trying to get by with no more Ds

Ironically, my LSAT scores were really good so I got accepted into a top 30 law school with a partial scholarship. So I don't even need to shoot for As or anything in this last semester, I just need to not fail.

It's so hard without her, guys. I just want to move to Texas, start law school, graduate and become a prosecutor and put all of this behind me.
>>
>>34818343

Dropped out of community college three times before I was 21.

I'm 30, I make 300K a year running my own business.
>>
>>34822172
by making friends are these genuine people you can confide in or are they people that you're friendly around but don't care all that much about?
>>
>>34832458
Anon, insults hurt when they happen to be the truth... specially if they play to your own insecurities.
>>
>>34836106
I went to community college in august got a electrician apprenticeship the next week dropped out of school then hurt my back first day on the job..
>>
>>34830391
surely to god you've effortposted somewhere else on the internet
>>
>>34821343
Except you're wrong. College is not about just getting through. It's about networking and proving you're better than others. What you need to do at college is make GOOD friends with the RIGHT people while still being top of the class.

College is piss easy if you just want a diploma to decorate your wall, though.
>>
>>34836106
whats the business of your buisness?
>>
File: 2444Ir2.jpg (355KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
2444Ir2.jpg
355KB, 750x725px
>>34836093
there isn't much to my story desu
i absolutely hated school. i couldn't stand any of the people around me and would skip classes whenever i could. eventually i just dropped out, and i've been pursuing my hobbies and interests ever since. i couldn't be much happier desu. only thing that sucks is being a hugless kissless virgin but i honestly don't really care. having a gf would take time and money away from all of my hobbies anyway. :^)
>>
>>34836046

After I leave home I go to my local library and kill time there for five or six hours or so a few days in the week, either studying or just time wasting then I walk back home, no one the wiser.
>>
>>34830391
lol, thinking your art is worth plagiarizing, you lying sack of shit, you just doodle furry dudes fucking eachother, or gay femboy lolis fucking get a grip
>>
>>34818343

I went to university straight out of high school and dropped out after two years.

>started out university with tempered optimism, look forward to fresh start
>first few weeks are OK, if underwhelming
>start disliking classes/major, find them boring and struggle to stay awake in morning lectures
>sink back into depression after having been OK since HS graduation
>start doing worse and worse each new quarter
>tell myself i'll go to classes and discussion
>always sleep in, never go
>start smoking weed heavily while taking antidepressants
>experience descent into psychosis, mental state deteriorates over winter quarter of 2nd year
>go into full psychosis in spring, withdraw from school in state of mania (was going to be kicked out anyway due to complaints about smoking and failing all my classes again)
>end up in mental institution for a month and a half
>still coming down from mania until summer
>fall into 3 year long deep depression, NEET shut-in
>forced to get job by parents
>pull out of depression, now just deal with stress/anxiety from dealing with shitty customers all day

at least I have cool coworkers and get good pay and benefits
>>
>>34819430
>Dropped out

No ones fault but your own.

>mfw the suffering never ends

Stop fishing for attention
>>
do you all take notes in class
>>
>>34836452
I... I don't know what to say.

You are a god among men. Thanks for sharing your story anon.
>>
>>34836528
I tried to. Never used them. Stopped doing it.
>>
File: 1468497880569.png (12KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1468497880569.png
12KB, 477x539px
>>34836435
Atta boy

Neet life is best life!

When will the wagies learn?
>>
File: EdmHcTl.jpg (142KB, 696x931px) Image search: [Google]
EdmHcTl.jpg
142KB, 696x931px
>>34836481
Jesus fuck this sounds like how I'm going to end up, I've stopped recognizing when I'm tired until it's too late and if I do sleep I'm gone for 13 or so hrs, I just want life to be normal but I have no true friends here and the classes are far from engaging :)))))
>>
>>34836452
Cont. For some reason I really feel like we could become great friends if we ever meet in real life though.
>>
>be in a 3 hour 1/week class
>grade is only dependent on 4 exams
>already skipped the 2nd half of said class after break twice
im fucked
>>
>>34836606
If you can withdraw while you haven't fucked yourself too hard, do it anon

Don't fuck up your life like I did. I'd have dropped out freshman year If i could go back in time, at least my gpa was salvageable then

take some time to take care of yourself

fuck what other people think, life isn't a race
>>
>>34827378
Success in writing seems to be linked to life experiences, not actual education in writing.
>>
File: t rex enraged.jpg (645KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
t rex enraged.jpg
645KB, 1500x1100px
>>34836698
That's a big decision, I feel like all I need to do is meet someone or join something to give me a sense of belonging.. eeggghhhhh

I'll keep what you've said in mind
>>
>somehow talk my way out of expulsion to probation after a crazy plans and betting on the odds

Shit lads

I like none of it but im still moving forward. I have another plan to damage control a gpa i haven't looked at in several years to spare myself the pain, and talk my way into getting work experience maybe next year.
>>
>>34818343
Its been pretty shit since I failed but technically speaking... I wouldn't have been happy wageslaving anyway.
>>
File: DON Shrug.jpg (66KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
DON Shrug.jpg
66KB, 848x477px
>>34836807
Perfect.

I've got both. Stay mad Stem-cuck.
>>
>>34836960
What made you fail anon?
>>
>>34831186
Good morning mister reddit
>>
File: 1479210222159.jpg (24KB, 633x682px) Image search: [Google]
1479210222159.jpg
24KB, 633x682px
>having to write a 10,000 word dissertation for a course you don't enjoy in under 2 months

how fucked am i
>>
>>34836094
>top 30 law school
lmao
every school outside of the T14 is worthless
>>
>>34820231
Kill yourself smart-ass.

You don't belong here.
>>
>>34822404
Fuck off, smart-asses like you shouldn't post here. This board is not for you.
>>
>went to study abroad at a top 50 university
>got to study something I like
>get really homesick since it's the first time I've been away from home
>drop out after first year
>now stuck at a local uni that's basically one step above a community college doing a shit degree that I have no interest in

I really want to drop out a second time, but the first time pretty much ruined my life and doing it a second time would make it much worse I'm sure. I just want to die.
>>
>>34818532
Uh you now CS pays a good amount right? I'll be interning and making 7k monthly.
>>
>>34831319
undergrad microbiofag here

there are two types of bio in a lot of unis including mine, the branch with evolution/ecology and the molecular branch

with the molecular branch, memorization won't get you shit in the upper division classes and professors make it a point not to waste time memorizing (of course there is still a bit of memorization with all learning) but to instead do problem solving and conceptual understanding of biological processes
>>
>>34825596
btw this was over 12 hours ago, but the other guy is correct.
It's monolingual for a person who knows one language. Unilingual (without hyphen) means concerning or regarding one language.
>>
Got an exam today, and another one tomorrow. Haven't studied for either, and it's my last chance. I guess I'll be dropping out after this.
>>
File: y7687943565.jpg (21KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
y7687943565.jpg
21KB, 540x304px
>>34818343
I just finished college a a few days ago. I sat my final exam and was told I passed since it was done in a spoken/interview style.

I have an overall plan, but right now I'm in limbo. The semester is starting for everyone else and I draw more inwards, into my room.

I made a few acquaintances, some I might even call 'friends'. Never got a gf, of course, too much of a coward to try. I learned some good stuff and even got a few job connections.

Feels dead inside, though somehow, actually pulling through with it gives me some solace ; two years ago I was on the verge of dropping out and in panic over the looming pile of coursework.
At least it's over. For better or for worse. Now to get the rest of my shit together.
>>
I have.

In the Army now. Things aren't much different.
>>
>>34818989
>employers dont give a shit about university clubs.

Depends on the club. There are clubs that are specifically geared to looking good for employment. Although, most of these type of clubs are part of more employable programs. This is especially true if the club gets you internships.
>>
File: 1484647990889.png (492KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484647990889.png
492KB, 800x600px
>>34819874
What is wrong with us?
>>
>>34838466
>84k yearly
>interning
this is the high end of a cs major's starting salary
>>
>>34818343
I just did a medical withdraw from all my second semester classes because I'm still feeling effects from getting mono a couple months ago.
I'm going back either in the summer or September, but for now I'm happy because I can just train and be healthy. I don't even need to get a job yet but maybe I should look into a summer job at least.
>>
File: 1486867300485.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1486867300485.gif
152KB, 500x516px
hey im starting school soon and i havent picked a major. someone pick it for me
>>
File: 1443502878377.jpg (403KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1443502878377.jpg
403KB, 1959x1469px
>>34819874
>assignment due on Thursday
>blow it off
>get email from professor saying I can hand it in Sunday morning
>'thanks professor'
>proceed to waste entire Friday and Saturday
>Sleep until 9pm on Sunday
>continue to waste more time doing mindless shit
it's funny because this is just one of the five classes I'm fucking over this early in the semester.
>>
>>34818343
I did.

I feel less depressed and >tfw no gf doesn't affect me that much but that's mostly because I'm tired all the time from wageslaving.
>>
>>34819713
huh... try 5 years like me.
>>
File: images (10).jpg (54KB, 370x398px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
54KB, 370x398px
>>34840054
>gender studies
Origenamil
>>
>>34829113
that's not even true, what state are you in bruh

for a lot you only need 120 credit hours, and for the others its still only 150

do you take like 2 classes a semester or something
>>
File: it's fine.png (247KB, 812x501px) Image search: [Google]
it's fine.png
247KB, 812x501px
What is wrong with me anons.

>Just told my mother I've failied the year after I knew this for a couple of weeks.
>Just told her I don't want to go to my course anymore after I've knew this for a couple of weeks.
>Act all bothered and sad.
>She goes out to work.
>I Don't even care. I don't feel bad and It's actually a pretty nice day.
>>
>>34818343
I ace all my tests and I'm still not satisfied.
>>
Is it worth it signing up for all these honor programs? I
>>
>>34841723
how did she react???

original comment
>>
File: okay.png (218KB, 503x499px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
218KB, 503x499px
>>34842074
Well, I acted all sad and like my life was going to end in a second.
I didn't wanted to looked like I didn't cared at all or anything like that.

She wasn't angry. I pushed the "pity motherly feels" buttons.
"look at this not as the end of a travel but like a change in your views" she said.

I know she's disappointed and i hate to be like this. (even because I know I don't care a tiny little bit)
But I didn't got punished or screamed at.

So I guess it's fine.
>>
File: ototma.jpg (292KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ototma.jpg
292KB, 640x480px
can someone tell me what's it like to major in HR? i just want to finish college, get a good job with a good pay and live a comfy life
>>
File: 1486952269640.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1486952269640.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>recently moved to student apartments to be closer to campus
>neighbor is 8/10 stacy
>she brings home a different chad every few days
>can constantly hear her having sex in the middle of the night
>woke up this morning and could hear her standing on her doorstep asking last nights chad not to go yet
>>
>Japanese language/philosophy double major
>sophomore
>don't even know what kind of jobs I can get
>highly enjoy school atmosphere but scared I'm not smart enough for grad school - don't even know what I'd do there
My GPA is about a 3.6 and I think I'm gonna make all A's this semester again. If that matters at all.

I think teaching sounds comfy but I don't think JET would let me dl that for more than a few years. I'd love to do it just to have a job though.

Anyone know about grad school in Nipland and if it's a silly path to pursue?
>>
File: 1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg (13KB, 248x320px) Image search: [Google]
1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg
13KB, 248x320px
>>34818343
I attended for about a year for Electronics engineering. Eventually home life got too fucked so I dropped out in favor of moving out and making money on my own. Life's been really great so far. I have a stable relationship, a sick pad, a good paying job with benefits, and I've learned a lot. Ama.
>>
>>34831435
This, you control your own life. Stop making excuses and take charge.
>>
>>34832170
Real estate development isn't a trade you fucking moron.
>>
File: 1444193716667.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1444193716667.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>those Asian exchange students that are rowdy as fuck and patrol the campus like an actual Wu-Tang Clan

what the fuck are their problems
>>
>>34841273
i live in a 150 hours state, might as well get your masters while you're at it
>>
>>34832089
Sometimes you have to deal with shitty costumers and bad tips but otherwise its a pretty good job for a robot, you sit in your car an day dream for most of the time
>>
>>34842405
why wouldn't you just major in something thats actually interesting and just get an hr internship?
>>
>roasties wearing leggings that let you see their panties when sunlight shines through them

I don't know whether I should enjoy the sight or be angered by their degeneracy
>>
>>34842943
>Ama

Job description?
Place?
How are the feels of being somewhat successful and free of bullshit?

So many adults tell me that school is so much nicer and easier than the real world. As an engineering student I really have a hard time believing it. I do have a lot of free time, but no direction. I need space to move around instead of being cramped in the dorms and library all day.
>>
>>34843046

>they all drive BMW 5 series
>>
>>34843046
They travel in packs and think they own the place

Also they wear bedazzled backpacks and bape clothing

Absolute scum
>>
File: 1322244389559.png (67KB, 232x233px) Image search: [Google]
1322244389559.png
67KB, 232x233px
>grades are good
>my first ever date went well
>plenty of free time

who /happy/ here?
>>
>>34832679
just tell him to kill himself, how much of a cuck are you?
>>
>just skipped class for the first time this semester
I'm so fucked
>>
File: wojak post suicide.png (21KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak post suicide.png
21KB, 633x758px
>>34818343
I have a wojak that relates to the one you posted

pic related
>>
>>34818381
Damn 15 an hour is good. Where do live?
>>
>>34843864
>date
How did you get one of those?
>>
File: 142162203799.jpg (37KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
142162203799.jpg
37KB, 400x386px
>6 months in
>still no friends
>still no gf
>still a virgin

feels bad
>>
>>34818343
I dropped out twice. The first because I didn't like what I was studying, the second time because of my mental health.

Now I'm back at it and I failed everything first semester and my mental health is worse than ever.

Good thing I'm not in the US so it's not that expensive.
>>
File: sfsdfdsdsfd.jpg (28KB, 411x288px) Image search: [Google]
sfsdfdsdsfd.jpg
28KB, 411x288px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I posted about 3 weeks ago how I wouldn't run into that girl on campus again...and I did today before V-day and I still didn't ask her out. I randomly ran into her in the professor's lounge since I was going to ask a question on an assignment. I only saw her for a second the first time I'm assuming I just ran into her again and I didn't make a move. I had to do a double-take and walked outside 5 seconds later to see which way she went...GONE FOREVER

I'm going to neck myself now, I'm so dumb can't believe I actually ran into her again. I was given that chance...

>t oneitus just from first sight
>dream about her all the time
>>
How do you make friends in UNI?
>>
>>34819506
>In that time I moved halfway around the world and just last March got married.
Story time
>>
>>34844705
I don't. But I guess you just sit next to people and talk to them.
>>
>>34818343

dropped out in first year, worked for 5 years, realized what I want to do, went back, top of my class now while working full-time

jus b urself
>>
File: 1486945591956.jpg (19KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
1486945591956.jpg
19KB, 480x488px
>tfw faye reagan face

Look good from a distance, girls interested until we're face to face and they say ew

at least I get attention right goy
>>
>>34843864
>happy
wrong thread and wrong board faggot
>>
File: 1484092462439_r9k.png (468KB, 638x469px) Image search: [Google]
1484092462439_r9k.png
468KB, 638x469px
I dropped all of my classes but one and tried to finish that last class. I ended up failing anyway. I figured if I hated being in school then I was only wasting my parents money by staying. I never wanted to go in the first place but everyone around me told me to go. Its been a little over a month and i'm supposed to be looking for a job but i'm really not looking. I wake up whenever and just play runescape all day. It's the happiest i've ever been but i'm still very sad. I don't really want to do anything with my life. My dream is to be rich and live alone in a small apartment in a foreign country, and just do nothing all day. I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff. I don't trust anyone enough to ask for help. None of my irl friends talk to me anymore since they went away for college. My mother makes me feel really unwanted. Idk what to even do with myself.
>>
>>34822378
switch to a philosophy degree if you can find one
It's what I did (though in france), and believe me, the kind of stuff you have to do in math helps a lot for philosophy. Also, knowing math impresses all the /lit/ girls in your class who always come and ask you about Pascal or Leibniz when they think there's something they don't understand because they think it's mathematical-ish. If I looked better and wasn't so fucking shy, I could probably have gotten laid a few times thanks to this.
>>
both my sisters are in med school and will be doctors earning $120k +

I couldnt make it so I'm a salty engineering major. Feels bad knowing I will never earn 120k, how do I cope
>>
>>34846330
>engineer
>can't make 120k
Don't tell me you're civil/mechanical
>>
>>34846875
chemical

original234
>>
>>34847007
If you enjoy what you do who gives a shit, and if you don't, change.
>>
I got expelled from a large school close to graduation when I was arrested took a year off and got my shit together and now I'm back in school at a smaller school in my hometown. The course requirements set me back a little but now I'm taking it seriously after working a shitty job for $11/hr.
>>
File: 1475714282107.jpg (30KB, 391x444px) Image search: [Google]
1475714282107.jpg
30KB, 391x444px
Am I a cuck if I write essays for roasties (but for money) ?
>>
>>34847170
Yes, you're still an enabler. At least you're benefiting.
>>
>>34847170
No, but give them a steep price. 99% of women in college shouldn't be there and are more than willing to pay their way through

t. Paid a fair portion of my college debt this way (non US, but 25k worth)
>>
File: 1470678331409.jpg (161KB, 728x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1470678331409.jpg
161KB, 728x1484px
>tfw actually looking forward to classes starting in spring because it's the only way I get money because no job
>>
>dropping period is over
Really regret not crashing and checking other classes. My schedule sucks so much dick.
>>
>>34847287
How much did you charge? I charge 50euros for 10 page essay.
>>
File: 1487015102431.png (160KB, 480x282px) Image search: [Google]
1487015102431.png
160KB, 480x282px
>attendance counts for a grade
>if I miss two (2) of my classes my grade drops 5% at the end of the semester

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 656867346.jpg (86KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
656867346.jpg
86KB, 1180x842px
>>34847365
It's okay, but they'll pay higher. 100 per 10 page essay at least.
You're in a tight spot now that they know your going rate, but try it out on the newer ones. It's all about the right deals

Also, Is that you, Nicholas?
>>
>>34846216
>if I hated being in school then I was only wasting my parents money
Very relatable, unfortunately I have no skills to get a job and stop.
>>
File: 1485822222520.jpg (99KB, 1000x694px) Image search: [Google]
1485822222520.jpg
99KB, 1000x694px
>Doing my laundry
>some girl walks in and sits in a table
>it's near some vomit
>I decide to move to another spot to be polite
>she takes my previous spot
>tfw I realize that she would rather sit next to vomit than me
>>
>>34828868
>Stephen king

Original post
>>
File: 20160901060931_1.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160901060931_1.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>34818381
A-are you me anon? I have that exact same situation. With the exception being that I am in trade school and hating every minute of it.
>>
>>34818343
I took two years off after high school. I'm actually doing fine in college.
>>
File: 1485144197255.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485144197255.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
>graduated in august
>have been job searching since then
>masters degree in accounting
>just this morning went to an interview that intentionally wasted my time 1 hour away
i seriously want to fucking kill myself
im blessed with incredibly supportive parents and i love them to death, but I also wish they were complete twats because they are the only reason I haven't turned my glock to my head
fuck this fucking life
>>
>>34844073
>just tell him to kill himself, how much of a cuck are you

I remember saying something like that. Here's an easy response: "haha this kid is so mad that he's a virgin. Holy shit."

It was like being in middle school all over again.

Being a virgin past a certain age is practically equivalent to being a failure. If people find out about it, it's over. There's absolutely nothing you can say or do apart from maybe being a Christianfag that could make up for it. Even then it's almost expected that you've fooled around and had relationships without going all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjh9PML8tE

For the record this guy also laughed at my manletism among other things in front of girls, and some other events in my life happened that placed undue stress. So it was just a lot of culminating factors that caused my mental breakdown during my second year.

Right now, I'm 26 and I'm still a kissless virgin(despite having a 7.5 inch dick) so nothing has really improved as far as relationships go. It bothers me a lot less right now because I've come to terms with my many shortcomings but back when I was 18-19 I was much more blue-pilled and I believed I had far more potential than I really did. I've also gotten used to being alone. My years of wasted youth bother me less with each passing year. I do regret lacking the mental fortitude in my second year, but I have no one to blame but myself.

Right now I'm just focusing on my career and thankfully my medium-term career goals are well within reach. I'm already making decent bank 65k salary with benefits and likely to increase.
>>
>>34847451
I once missed every quiz (15% of final grade), didn't attend any tutorial or lecture and still ended the course with an above average grade.
>>
>>34848850
how many places did you apply at? how many turned you down?

the job market for accounting is insane from what i heard
>>
>>34828548

MONDAY UPDATE:

She is still amazing.
>>
>>34848850
>accounting
I had a friend get hired straight out of his school for his BA

Where do you live where it's hard to find accounting jobs?
>>
>>34828548
I know the feel, my dude. I really want to go talk to this girl but what would I fucking say that wasn't lame anyway
>>
>>34850228
probably hundreds by now
the market is saturated
>>34850391
he probably cucked for the big 4
i didn't want to literally work 100 hours a week so I didn't
>>
>>34850515
If you're not willing to do what needs to be done, you have no right to complain.
>>
File: 1484460099435.jpg (43KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1484460099435.jpg
43KB, 600x637px
>>34850515
>he probably cucked for the big 4
nah he just got a job doing accounts payable

he's not even bright

but now you're making me want to rethink my major.
I'm about to get my associate's in accounting next semester but I'm not sure it's for me.

I actually can't think of one real job that fits me.
>>
>>34850761
>literally defending 20 hour work days
kill yourself please

>>34850881
maybe the market is better where you are
i live in dallas
it's not the worst thing to shoot for but personally I am struggling
>>
>>34844419
I was approached by a girl, something that I didn't know was possible, but I have a deceiving chad-ish look.
>>
>Girl sits in the seat right next to you when there was plenty of space for her to sit somewhere else
>Can't tell if I should say something or not
>Spend too long thinking about it and realize it's probably to late now. I had a small time window to initiate a conversation and it's over
>Just keep staring forward acting like she's not there the entire time

This shits happened like 4 times already in the last 2 weeks and fucks me up every time. It's not even a problem with just girls. I like to think that people put in just as little effort into meeting me as I do meeting them, which is why I barely know anybody in my junior year already. The truth is that even if someone did give me a chance I wouldn't even take it. Honestly though I don't even know what the fuck I'd say if someone started talking to me.
>>
>>34850976
I'm not defending the work days, I'm saying that you cant bitch about not having a job if you wont take whats given.
>>
>>34851092
>implying they give those jobs away either
you're out of your depth, shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1487016012162.png (320KB, 1000x523px) Image search: [Google]
1487016012162.png
320KB, 1000x523px
>tfw joined student patrol
>tfw report house parties all the time
>tfw radio in underage drinking
>tfw I'm Chad's worst enemy
>>
>>34851148
You said you didn't try, not me you fucking retard.
>>
>>34851260
shhhh it's okay go back to mcdonalds
>>
File: 1485916420115.png (176KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1485916420115.png
176KB, 377x377px
>>34844483
Freshman at University?
I remember first realizing that all the college movies are only true if you're Chad incarnate. I had a much easier time at my community college where I was ahead of most guys because I'm not fat and I'm white
I didnt get laid for my entire time at University after I transferred because those girls' standards are through the fucking roof
>>
>>34851282
"i didn't want to literally work 100 hours a week so I didn't"
>>
>>34821841
Most people probably don't want to do accounting for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>34851289
>Freshman at University?

Yeah

I'm not even an uggo or a manlet or anything, I'm just socially autistic and can't initiate conversations. It doesn't help that my uni is filled with other autists who browse reddit. Hopefully things get better in the years to come as I get more comfortable.
>>
File: 1484420863311.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1484420863311.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>34851405
Yeah it's pretty disgusting how many people at university are perfectly ok with browsing reddit in public

It's really hard to get laid as a freshman because women naturally gravitate towards the guys "on top" which in University is upper classmen whereas you're a newbie and at the bottom for now. Add in you have to be 21 to get alcohol and...you get the idea. Also dont worry about striking out, a lot. Dont know if this pertains to you, but I was incredibly worried about this when I was younger and you just have to accept you'll get rejected 80-90% of the time and not to take it personally.

If ladies dont come your way you can still have an enjoyable and productive time at University. Make it a goal to join a club and leave your room every weekend or something.

This sounds really dumb, but I was never comfortable with my appearance and would often go weeks without looking in the mirror and would got to class, work, and then head straight home for my freshman year. One year I made it a resolution to take a selfie a day to encourage myself to be more comfortable with my appearance and also to movitate me to leave my room more because I didnt want to scroll back through the semester and just see thumbnails upon thumbnails of my cramped apartment

Just find what works for you. There's no one way to do things
>>
>>34850351
I see mine tomorrow, how romantic! I'll update if she catches me looking at her.
>>
>>34851575
Obsessing over someone isn't romantic, it's odd.
>>
>>34851563
>Add in you have to be 21 to get alcohol and...you get the idea

I'm a leaf so 19 for me, which is nice I guess.

I don't live in a dorm so that kind of kills a lot of chances for me but joining a club sounds good. Thanks for the advice, my dude.
>>
>>34851585
It was sarcasm, dafty.
>>
>>34851644
In my experience dorms are probably the biggest memes in college of them all
Maybe I just lived on autism floors, but everyone just kept to themselves and I never heard of nor saw anyone banging or even socializing except for in passing

Good luck senpai. You'll figure it out and learn a lot along the way
>>
>>34851563
>Yeah it's pretty disgusting how many people at university are perfectly ok with browsing reddit in public

If you thought that was bad I once had a class filled with normies openly browsing 4chan.
>>
>>34851575
>>34851585
>>34851658
Monday and wednesday are literally the only two days I look forward to in the week because I have class with this qt girl. When she doesn't show up one of those days it completely ruins my mood for the next couple of days. It's a pretty shitty way to go about life.
>>
File: 1486825737203.jpg (102KB, 873x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486825737203.jpg
102KB, 873x1024px
>>34851709
Havent seen that at college yet
I once was in a pc repair class in my senior year of high school and there was this group of autists who would crowd around one computer and browse /b/ and brag to girls later about what kind of "fucked up shit" they saw
>>
>>34851709
>If you thought that was bad I once had a class filled with normies openly browsing 4chan

There's this one fat autist in my history class who sits right in the front and always has /a/ and /v/ open for everyone to see. At least I use some discretion when shitposting.
>>
>>34851658
>conveying emotion through text.
leave your mental bubble you fucking retard
>>
File: 1486924842999.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486924842999.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>tfw keeping my shitty job washing dishes because employers keep asking about why I have never held the same job over 6 months
I've been constantly employed since I was in high school, but I just get so fucking bored of every job I do after a while that I jump around. Worried about what that means for me after I graduate...
>>
>>34851720
Iktf. When there's 5 minutes until class starts and she isn't there I dread having class without her but then she shows up a minute before class and stupefies me.
>>
>>34818343
>that feel when after spending years fucking about in college, I kind of just want to go to work
Only problem is work dress codes won't let me dress like a spaz which is the true joy of college.
>>
File: 1486839039091.jpg (33KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1486839039091.jpg
33KB, 704x396px
>haven't gone to class since last Tuesday
>tomorrow is Tuesday

Can't fail tests or class assignments if I don't go.

I seriously need to drop out. I don't want to do this anymore.
>>
>have a seven page essay due on wednesday at 10am
>probably won't start until 5-6am on wednesday

why do i keep doing this to myself?
>>
>>34852044
You're an idiot perhaps?
>>
>>34852089
i don't think that's it, i'm doing pretty well. i just can't motivate myself to do anything unless i absolutely have to.
>>
>>34819198
Depends on what you specialize in. If you do not specialize in anything specific like marketing, leadership, accounting etc and just "specialize" in general economics you can become an analyst, consultant or something of that type. In all economic fields if you are good at it you can end up in managment positions.
>>
>>34819874
>procrastinate and avoid doing things you should be doing
>Deep in the back of my mind I know I'm screwing myself over
Are you me? Though I take it that is fairly common.
>>
>>34852044
it's just because we are most creative under pressure ',:^)
>>
>>34820599
>college
A meme.
>>
>>34818343
I went to uni and I went from a fucking wreck to a functional adult. I guess it must be because I escaped my narc abusive father.

I may even have a gf this time next month. Working out at gym and in the pool, eating well, drinking. I think I made it guys. Actually happy for the first time in my life.
>>
File: 1452482628830.png (461KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
1452482628830.png
461KB, 1059x962px
none of you will know this feel
>told by my suitemate that's in one of the chad-tier fraternities (as opposed to the normie and turbo-normie tier ones) that I should either stick with pledging the low-tier fraternity I am right now or not join greek life at all
>tfw I want nothing more than to quit being that guy that's too weird for the cool kids but not weird enough for the weird kids

Also, if you know an easy, effective, painless way to kill oneself, please let me know.
>>
>>34852222
QUADS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34852222
sounds bretty good, quadster
>>
File: University.jpg (19KB, 252x291px) Image search: [Google]
University.jpg
19KB, 252x291px
>>34818952
>he fell for the poli-sci meme

KEK, you have to go to grad school to even use your major.
>My ex got a masters in Public Policy and Administration and was a total cunt who thought I was "below her"
>employed at $45k yr

>be me, Industrial Engineer
>$72k starting
I didn't even have to get cucked by the grad school jew either
>>
File: abstract.jpg (47KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
abstract.jpg
47KB, 680x684px
>english professor starts talking about Evangelion and ties it into a book we're reading
>>
File: received_10212175474645197.png (903KB, 1297x1117px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212175474645197.png
903KB, 1297x1117px
>>34818952
>polisci
Fucking lol. Top of the list in terms of worthless degrees. At least theater and arts majors usually work in fields they enjoy.

Political science is total joke. It's just a bunch of Democrats masturbating to Hillary Clinton. I should know, I spent a full year as a research assistant for my university's (top ranked, btw) polisci department.

I studied economics. My first job out of college was as a data scientist starting at $80k. The truth of the matter is the more math you do, the higher your salary will be. If you're friend is doing Austrian economics or some shit, maybe he'll land a job as a policy analyst at a think tank or a writer.

You on the other hand have little to no options that are exclusive to political science. Enjoy your life as a barista
>>
>>34837923
more like any school outside of the t6
>>
>>34852468
>At least theater and arts majors usually work in fields they enjoy
>theater and arts majors
>work

Good joke
>>
>>34851153

Holy shit, this sounds fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1462137394267.png (431KB, 596x617px) Image search: [Google]
1462137394267.png
431KB, 596x617px
>>34852493
>being too stupid to get into a t3 school
lmbo @ ur life rn
>>
I did, and after some extensive NEET livin' I'm at a point where going back seems like the only option other than being a retail slave for the rest of my life. Not like I don't deserve such a fate, but it would be certain death if I went down that route.
>>
File: 1441666724192.jpg (35KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441666724192.jpg
35KB, 534x640px
My sophomore years I failed a whole semester. Literally every single class. I stopped going halfway through the semester and felt progressively worse and worse as each week went by, but didn't complete any of it. Spent most of my time drinking to blackout every night in my apartment. Felt fucking lower than low.

Somehow managed to scrape by the next semester making Bs and Cs. The semester after that I became addicted to heroin (as you can see I have substance abuse issues) and dropped out when my parents found out, and moved back home to lived with them.

Can't come back from that, right? Except I did....managed to get by after a year of going to community college to use a backdoor program to get into a far better university in my hometown. Graduated from there last year on the Dean's list, 3.5 gpa.

Just wanted to share my story to let you know that coming back from multi year failure at university IS possible. We all can make it. Even if by all measures it seems you've fucked up irrevocably and utterly and there's no hope for you. There's always hope.

We're all gonna make it.
>>
Going to community college (for animation and graphic design), I'll soon finish. I want to transfer to a top rated university afterwards so I've gotta get a grant because fuck paying 50k a year
>>
>>34837298
i havent started my dissertation yet and its due around the same as yours, just fuck me up senpai
>>
>>34851057
After an exam is the best time. Just say, how do you think you did on that?
Let it flow naturally
>>
>>34848850
Get a visa then go to Dubai
>>
>>34843812
Fjall Raven Kanken and Supreme are what the exchange students wear here
>>
I don't want to sound negative but it feels like it really doesn't get better. I had no friends for most of my life until senior year and now I'm in my first year of university and I would be considered by most on this board to be a normie but being a robot isn't about how many parties you go to or how many people you fuck. I overcame my social anxiety and came out of my shell but I will never be like my peers. It feels like I'm always going to be isolated and alone no matter how many people I surround myself with.
>>
I'm studying journalism in college. I fucking hate every single moment of it. The classes are alright but i hate being in the university, it gives me a really bad feeling of "i don't belong here". I have travelled across the world and nowhere i went was as bad as it is when i'm at university. I just hate every fucking normie looking person there. I also hate it that journalism is a dead-end career that will have me working a lot for shit money. At least i won't have student debt because i'm studying in a public university. I didn't even enter because i wanted to, i did because my parents wanted me to. That's the biggest fucking problem with me, everything i do is half-assed. I can't be bothered to properly study and feel extremely depressed every night when i think i'll have to wake up in the morning and go to the university again but i'm also too much of a "good person" to hurt my parent's feelings and give up on it. I don't see my life going anywhere anyway. I don't know what to do.
>>
I swear, If you people are feeling lonely, just join societies and teams based on your interests.

That's how I broke out the bubble.
>>
>>34853296
>tfw all the societies and teams at your uni are boring normie shit
>>
>>34853316
Dude go to video games or d&d or something.

I found I loved debating, conservative party stuff, Christian Union and boxing myself.
>>
>>34851563
>>34851709
>>34851783
I phonepost in class 2bh. However, there's a guy in a couple of my classes who is a normie but has /fa/ and /mu/ on his bookmarks bar, arguably the most normie boards. He also browses reddit. Was kind of interesting to see another "normie" on 4chan as I consider myself pretty socially conscious (not a virgin, have friends, people don't think I'm weird, etc)

For the thread topic, I'm a geography major with pre-med. I think I'm smart enough for med school but I'm still pretty nervous. My uncle is a doctor who went to Harvard so that gives me confidence. I have a med school in my hometown I really want to go to but I'm not sure if I'll get in, even if I keep my 3.75, get a good MCAT and volunteer/do research.
>>
File: 1484153383166.jpg (30KB, 491x368px) Image search: [Google]
1484153383166.jpg
30KB, 491x368px
>parents didn't let me apply for out of state college
>stuck in shithole where half the city doesn't speak English
>no car so can't even go to the grocery store
>college is also expensive af

I hate it here fuck
>>
>>34853151
Same, man. No matter how normie I act I always inevitably feel alone. Luckily I have a close family but it still burns when I'm in my room alone 1300 miles from home.
>>
>>34853341
I was thinking of joining my universities conservative and Christian clubs. How are you liking them? What kind of stuff do you get up to?
>>
>>34853442
Conservatives: famous speakers (we got Jacob Rees Mogg one year), panel discussions and the odd bar crawl
CU: prayer, singing songs, odd bar crawl. Tons of cute girls there too
>>
File: I Like You.jpg (40KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
I Like You.jpg
40KB, 400x388px
>>34852468
>Mfw English isn't the worst major

I'm gonna make bros
>>
File: 1486731969550.jpg (66KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1486731969550.jpg
66KB, 396x396px
>>34853499
>tfw doing English because I'm too stupid for STEM
>tfw mummy let me read 24/7 as a child instead of making me learn useful shit
>tfw read to escape having no friends
>>
File: 1484225816703.png (71KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484225816703.png
71KB, 261x192px
Are you going to ask out your oneitus tomorrow?

I'm gonna try...IF I SEE HER. I don't even know what classes she has. I guess I just need to ask someone out...
>>
File: Pepe card.jpg (39KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe card.jpg
39KB, 373x521px
>>34853580
Are you me or am I you?

OREGANO COMMENTARO
>>
>>34852468
> My first job out of college was as a data scientist starting at $80k.
> The truth of the matter is the more math you do, the higher your salary will be.

How did you manage to get that? Slightly jelly

Every data scientist job posting in my area is "master's required, PhD preferred"
>>
>>34853901
Master's required doesn't mean master's required. Just apply and show initiative.
>>
File: 1486329165565.jpg (98KB, 432x445px) Image search: [Google]
1486329165565.jpg
98KB, 432x445px
>>34835541
you never will faggot. did this for 6 years, dropped out after 2 failed studies and then did irregular labor force, it totally crushed my soul, because i live in Germany and you can't become a neet here without massive social sanctions. I hanged around with a lot of drug addicts and dealers and everbody was a fucked up neet like me. Break the illusion as fast as you can, the longer the lies goes, the greater the pain when people realize you for what you truly are. when i was 23 i was thinking i needed to keep this up, this was stupid and you should search help immedately. i wanted help from society and asked for it, because i wasn't introverted before, when i was 21 but never got some because white and no refugee, nigger or gaytransnigger faggot.

I am really likeable, intelligent and helpful, a real chad for german standarts, but my psyche is fucked up beyond repair.
>>
>>34853946
>I am really likeable, intelligent and helpful, a real chad for german standarts, but my psyche is fucked up beyond repair.
lol
>>
File: 1476721230920.gif (289KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476721230920.gif
289KB, 400x300px
>tfw forcing myself out of week long depressive slump
>started doing nofap, talking cold showers, attending all of my classes, and writing stuff down in my planner again
>also starting cutting pussy cat scratches into my leg with dull pocket knife

we're all going to make it
i need a coffee mug so I can sharpen my pocket knife
>>
File: 1465284744998.jpg (28KB, 320x588px) Image search: [Google]
1465284744998.jpg
28KB, 320x588px
Any opinions on a bachelors in Communications? That's what I'm leaning toward, but I'm scared of making the wrong choice.
>>
>>34853636
>qt lab partner touched my arm when I made a self-deprecating joke
What does it mean?
>>
>>34855653
She's probably scared you're going to shoot up the campus.
>>
>>34855523
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4OuAAM4v_Y
>>
File: 1486065460050.jpg (14KB, 224x340px) Image search: [Google]
1486065460050.jpg
14KB, 224x340px
>>34855653
make physical contact with her in a non-autistic manner and see how she reacts
touch her arm or shoulder, and don't stare at your hand while you do it
>>
I'm gonna graduate after this semester, but I've grown to hate my major. I was planning on going to graduate school but I didn't do so well on the gre because of an absolutely crushing feeling of apathy, so that's not happening anymore.
>>
>>34855705
Explain what's wrong with it?
>>
I'm so close to finishing, It's over after April but I am getting to the point where I am getting really scared and reality is setting in. I'm gonna have to get a job and I don't think i'm qualified for anything other than something like food service.

Really scared of living a degenerate lifestyle for the rest of my days smoking weed 24/7, watching shitty tv, anime, movies, and jacking off after 14 hour gaming sessions before my parents finally die when i'm in my early 30s.

It sounds like heaven but I know it will not work forever.
>>
>>34855653

Figure it out, other than you're working together in a confined space, subconsciously this works in your favor, it's important.
>>
>>34852255
>joining frats while also browsing an anime imageboard in your free time
Not a good combo
>>
File: 1486937312382.png (97KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1486937312382.png
97KB, 420x420px
>>34852289
>It's a STEM autist who thinks pursuing an LAS degree means you want/have to work in that field
Get this through your head memelord. I took polisci and just applied for jobs and landed at local media company because they were prioritizing polisci majors because something something knowledge of public opinion something something balancing interests
People who do LAS are just primarily using their degree to get their foot in the door of comfy white collar jobs.
>>
>>34818343
It ain't good anon. I'm 25k in debt with nothing to show for it. The hell of it is I only had a year left.
>>
>>34855815
The video was pretty self-explanatory.

To be fair out of the hundreds of majors and concentrations offered at most universities only about 20 are worth a damn.
>>
>>34856194
Yes the implication was that communications is useless, but it's a satire show, and it doesn't explain why.
>>
File: transcript.png (396KB, 2196x1174px) Image search: [Google]
transcript.png
396KB, 2196x1174px
>fail all three speaking classes
>they accept a doctors note so I can get credit with Interpersonal Relationships
>You can re-take as many non-major classes as you want and only the last grade counts
>have to balance W's and F's for some classes so I can continue getting money
>took me three years and a summer to get my AS even with AP credits, but it was free
>fuck up scheduling my next semester, take one independent study at cc and continue tutoring
>in my sixth year I am finishing my BS in Electrical Engineering, not particularly much debt
Yall niggas just need to step up your game. I laugh a lot at how much other majors have to study and write shit. I took a Professional Ethics class which surprisingly had no papers lol.

I know Chad's get an easy slide through school, but robots can make it too. Pic related.

Also go to tutoring you faggots. It's there for a reason. The reason is so I can keep making money.
>>
File: 1424732386906.png (381KB, 854x724px) Image search: [Google]
1424732386906.png
381KB, 854x724px
>>34856584
P.s. I failed high school (REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) and will be 27 when I graduate.

I will literally be drinking all day tomorrow.
>>
>>34856319
What kind of jobs are you hoping to get with that degree?

This is no longer the 1990s when any degree would at least get you the foot in the door. In fact the vast majority of degrees these days are quite useless. I have no problem admitting that my STEM degree is useless and I'd have been better off working in a warehouse for 5 years than heading off to university.
>>
>>34856836
I'd like to work in media, either television or film production, but I'd also like some opportunities after leaving so I can make some money.
>>
File: 1356301273218.jpg (47KB, 369x368px) Image search: [Google]
1356301273218.jpg
47KB, 369x368px
>Doing Accounting
>3rd year in
>Want to go to trade school and be an electrician or plumber or something now
>Too far in to quit
Guess I'm gonna be a suit forever lads
>>
>>34855734
Fuck the GRE. That being said, if you aren't driven enough to do well on it, you aren't meant for a top tier program. I bombed it, but I'm a lot happier at the mid tier school I chose to go to.
>>
>>34853378
They did you a favor. Out of state schools are much more expensive, and you are already complaining about in state tuition?
>>
>>34856963
You can switch to an AS in Engineering and Applied science or something. Most schools literally have trade-institution compatible education, so certain classes count for an Electrician or other certification.
>>
>>34843699

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

I work for DirectV as a satellite technician (a glorified cable guy) I make about 40k annually sometimes more.

It feels pretty good when I'm not depressed. But it's not free of bullshit, not by a long shot. It is freeing though. Nobody to tell me what to do, no assignments to stress over.
It's nice to wake up everyday anxiety free. Honestly, I've got everything I need and a bit more. I do miss the free time though.
>>
>>34856618
>will be 27 when I graduate.
you mean college right?
>>
>Go to college with no major in mind
>I like reading and writing but English and Philosophy are shit majors
>Pick Biology cuz I like animals
>Takes me 5 years to finish, flunk several classes due to laziness

Stuck doing boring microbiology lab work for all of my jobs. No animals, just bacteria and DNA. No good job prospects either, I make like $45k/year max.

Meanwhile my engineering and geology degree friends are making 60k/year. Fuck
>>
>>34855523
>Any opinions on a bachelors in Communications? That's what I'm leaning toward, but I'm scared of making the wrong choice.
literally the worst possible major, I hope you are kidding
>>
>>34857931
Elaborate? What's the point in commenting nothing?
>>
>>34820763
COMPUTER ENGINEERING MASTERRACE REPORTING!!!
>>
>>34855898
This varies by state. In bigger cities this graph is true, but believe it or not in smaller towns personal distance and even intimate distance are social distance. I think it's because they're more autistic since they don't socialize as much. Scared the shit out of me when I first travelled out of state (from CA), people were standing and walking by me way too closely. They'll literally breathe down your back while standing in line behind you at the grocery store.
>>
>>34857976
im not that anon.but I do agree. If you heed this warning, good luck looking back 4 years from now and realizing how much you fucked up.
>>
>>34858776
*Dont heed..

oregenaro
>>
I haven't talked to a single classmate in over 2 years. I catch people leering at me all the time too.
I keep overhearing conversations that seem bizarre, and I wonder if I'm losing my mind from the lack of social interaction
>>
>>34818343

Honesty, I attended one semester for Graphic Design straight out of high school. I was technically 17 when I started the college program. Got into pot heavily and smoked up multiple times a day. I failed, and have been working shit-tier factory/call center jobs since.

I'm just happy that I'm motivated to bust my balls all day in a factory, and pay for my own piece of life. I have a comfy apartment just to myself, a friendly ginger cat, and a decent collection of vidya and collectibles.

Life could be better, life could be worse. Mind you, I'm pretty happy I failed because basically nobody who graduated from my class has any work in the field and is working shit jobs just like me, just with 3 years of debt on them. Feels good.
>>
>>34858776
What's wrong with a communications degree. Okay the two of you said it's bad, but I'm literally just asking for an explanation.
>>
>>34858918

It's the go-to degree for dumb normies who can't think of anything else. The jobs it specifically trains you for are few, far between, and, generally, low paying.

You'd be way better off just majoring in business or something if you want something fairly easy. At least that translates to more job opportunities.
>>
>>34858981
Well it's not that I want an easy out, I want to work in television or film production, and a film degree is a waste so I figured this would be a way to tie in, but still have other options. Any other suggestions then
>>
File: IMG-20170213-WA0032.jpg (127KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170213-WA0032.jpg
127KB, 1080x1920px
Not in uni, but thought that since some of you are /Pol/acks then this might interesting you
T. Cancerfinn
>>
File: IMG-20170213-WA0035.jpg (143KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170213-WA0035.jpg
143KB, 1080x1920px
Probably the reason why I havent enrolles University of Helsinki, or any other in fact
>>
Well I can't study for the life of me and I've already failed 2 exams in my major related classes. So that's kinda neat. I'm also getting /fit/ for the first time in my life so that's pretty much the only thing getting me up in the morning. I just wish once I could do well on the first test of the semester. For some reason I get into this funk at the beginning where I feel I have a lot of time to study when I don't and all of a sudden I have to take a test I'm not prepared for. Also my cuck school is thinking about being a sanctuary for illegals which would maybe cause me to lose my fafsa and cause my tuition to go up by upwards of 6k a year. If that happens I'm dropping out which would literally crush all possibility of working my dream job. But lucky me I've already signed a lease for an apartment next year and would have to pay all of that. Id probably just stay in the apartment and get work until the lease is up and go back home. My life would literally be fucked, but kinda already is. Whatever bots, at least I'm /fit/ and don't completely hate myself.
>>
File: IMG_20170213_143351004.jpg (149KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_143351004.jpg
149KB, 1080x1920px
Last one, real Sad that shit like this Is getting forces down the the throats of students
>>
>>34859081
>definations
>>
>>34844698
you know what to do goyim
>>
>>34859035

If that's what you want to do, then communications might be alright. I'd just do everything I could to network and do internships and shit as much as you can, since it'll be one of those types of fields. Comm majors are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>34859318
My counselor pretty much said the same thing. So yeah I hopefully will be able to network.
>>
File: 1460667324625.jpg (62KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
1460667324625.jpg
62KB, 450x557px
last post claimed for teh rei smile
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 119

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.