[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are you leaving? Don't live a life of materialism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 30

File: mccandless-magic-bus-8%5B6%5D.jpg (138KB, 790x513px) Image search: [Google]
mccandless-magic-bus-8%5B6%5D.jpg
138KB, 790x513px
When are you leaving?
Don't live a life of materialism and security.
>>
File: farwell.png (157KB, 415x432px) Image search: [Google]
farwell.png
157KB, 415x432px
>>26535517

Well yeah living in the woods and dying because i ate the wrong mushroom sounds like a cool idea, thing is bud, life is not a movie, you don't develop skills to survive in the wild on your own. And while the prospect is tempting, i like the internet and my hentai to much to leave it all behind.

There is no turning back from society. Once you are borne they mark you with a birth certificate and you become government property.

I'm just wageslaving and waiting to die. Every single day i just want to die.
>>
>>26535517
Anon I was born with a big dessire in my heart to create and touch peoples lives
I know that's what I have to do and I won't get a happy ending or find peace until I achieve it
So I can't leave everything behind it would be too selfish
>>
Currently in the process of gaining knowledge and gear. I think i almost got all the gear i want to take with me, but i still have alot to learn. I will follow survival courses and practice for 2 months during summer. From that point i will evaluate if i need more time to prepare or if i can leave permanently.

Where are you going? Im going to the french alps. I cant wait. Im thinking about it all day long. It completely consumes my mind.
>>
File: 1438513470531.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438513470531.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>26535703

What are you gonna become a serial killer???

Are you gonna AN hero the gentlemen way??
>>
>>26535717
Buy livestock like goats or something.
>>
>>26535717
you're gonna die out there buddy, if the cold and weather don't consume the bears and wolfs surely will feast on you.
>>
>>26535646
dying isn't that hard
why cant you get a habit like a normal suicide
>>
>>26535729
no, im going to become an artist
>>
>>26535764
I would an hero in a second, but my parents are still alive.

>>26535791
.......have fun
>>
>>26535517
Hitchhiking is too dangerous, and places that hire transients usually pay shit money. I've considered it though, if I had a vehicle and an adequate amount of income I would probably travel the US until I mustered the balls to off myself.
>>
>>26535740
Yea definitely looking into that. Milk is so damn good for survival.

>>26535751
Im going to the french alps, not alaska.
I might hitch to spain during the winter.

Oh and one huge problem i have; how am i going to get a gun in europe?
>>
File: 1455493266358.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1455493266358.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>26535517

Is anyone genuinely /leaving/ soon? I'm saving up a few grand and then I'll leave forever into the north. It's enough to sustain for a good while to live long enough to see cool things out there
>>
>>26535833
>how am i going to get a gun in europe?
You don't, unless you don't mind getting sent to cushy European prison.
>>
File: haha.png (205KB, 472x440px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
205KB, 472x440px
>>26535833

I don't know how people can live without internet.....

This is like blood to me. you guys are fucking nuts.
>>
>>26535833
Just make a bow if you really want a weapon. Otherwise just make traps and hunt small game.
>>
File: 1455242850496.jpg (146KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1455242850496.jpg
146KB, 1152x2048px
>>26535517
The thing is OP something like that isn't possible today. Land is either owned privately or by the government so you'll always be trespassing. Hunting is illegal unless you have the proper license and permits. Good luck starting up your own farm from scratch.

You'll be arrested before long if you don't die within the first few days.
>>
ITT: People who have no idea how the world works.

>/r9k/
oh yeah....

Good luck to all of you.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
If you honestly think modern society today is how people are SUPPOSED to live, then you're probably already to far cucked to understand. You see, we weren't meant to wageslave are entire existence. School only exists to produce specialized wageslaves nowadays, and if you believe in the whole "Well rounded" bullshit, lemme ask you: How much does it cost per credit to be well rounded senpai?

Man was meant to venture the plains, to make a name for himself and his family, to experience life changing adventures. Then, he would settle down where he chose.

My advice is to just do what makes you happy no matter what.
>>
>>26535517
Didn't this guy die from eating a ladybug?
Yeah, good example to live by there.
>>
>>26535817
maybe one day you will share with me the stories of your travels andi will make art with it and share it with the world
>>
>>26535940
^this
I would rather have my problems be my immediate survival than the ones I have now.
>>
>>26535967
He ate poisonous plants iirc
>>
>>26535940
Natural selection will get rid of the non wage-slaves sooner or later.
>>
>>26535940
>we were meant to be cavemen forever because its natural!

Yeah no. What sets humans apart is our ability to for a civilization. What other reason do you have for experiencing new things than impressing your future employer and coworkers? You gain nothing from it in an industrialized society.

Plus nature is survival of the fittest. Chances are if you post on /r9k/ you'll have 0 chance of survival.
Your knowledge of the outside world comes from fucking discovery channel and NatGeo.
>>
>>26535884
I already got rid of my computer and tv. The next step is my phone but i still need it for work. It will all be gone eventually. Just me and nature.

>>26535898
Yea big game probably isnt going to happen. Its not convenient either, you need to dry and smoke it all or it will rot in a couple of days. Im probably going to depend on snares, deadfalls and fishing.
>>
>>26536019
There was a world before the industrial revolution retard.
>>
>>26535940
>My advice is to just do what makes you happy no matter what.

being NEET, eating burgers and playing vidya...all this paid by wageslaves taxes is what makes me happy.
>>
>>26535975
I can only stand in awe at your incredible optimism.

I don't want to travel dude in fact i'm advocating against it. But you have fun making art man.

It's not like i don't have faith in you.... but i think that the most beautiful pieces of art genuine art have already been made, there hasn't been anything new or innovative in decades.

But if you think you are special go on, i'm not gonna be the one to tell you no, i'm just gonna tell you that it's going to be nearly impossible to come up with something good and original because you as a person have been influenced and that's a good thing. But the art we admire today is the work of complete visionaries, yes some copied from others in different ways but, most things have been done already.

almost every medium of art, ranging from movies to music.... it's all stale, it's all brooding with looking back, there's nothing new and good....
>>
>>26535940
>said by a person who uses all modern technology privileges
What makes people happy is materialism. Money is the ultimate resource on this earth right now. Wherever you live on this world requires money. Thanks for western civilization settled the world for us
>>
>>26536088
we arent living in the first civilization you retard
if you dont know about the old empires then you are clearly too stupid to make it without a caretaker
>>
>>26536083
godspeed to you, dream big and die young
>>
>>26536140
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
ecclesiates 1:9
i think he was wrong
>>
>>26536154
I'm gonna spell it out for you:

>Yeah no. What sets humans apart is our ability to for a civilization. What other reason do you have for experiencing new things than impressing your future employer and coworkers? You gain nothing from it in an industrialized society.

There was a world before the industrial revolution retard.

we arent living in the first civilization you retard
if you dont know about the old empires then you are clearly too stupid to make it without a caretake

Are you a fucking mongoloid or something? Ur shit doesnt even make sense bro.
>>
>>26536088
I'd rather be in a world where I can escape into full immersive VR with my waifu than die freezing, wet and starving out in nature.
>>
File: 4125.jpg (16KB, 660x487px) Image search: [Google]
4125.jpg
16KB, 660x487px
>>26536215
2 far cucked
>>
>>26536209
http://list25.com/25-largest-empires-in-history/
before civilization there was...
civilization
and before civilization there was...
civilization
again and again all through history
>>
>>26536234
Both are forms of escapism that I would gain nothing from. At least one I'd be guaranteed happiness.
>>
>>26536264
Living in the wilds isnt escapism, its entering reality.
>>
File: gun.png (2MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
2MB, 1920x1280px
>>26535833
>how am i going to get a gun in europe?
3D print one. It'll go through metal detectors, just hope no one ever actually searches your bag.
>>
>>26536301
Its escaping from the burdens of society because you can't function as a normal human being. The life you're living right now is reality. You're just wasting it thinking something better will come eventually.
>>
Wish me luck m8s I'm going to box for a living.

See y'all at small time events in Mexico where they pay 125lb men 20 pesos to knock each other out.
>>
>>26536337
Theres no border patrol in europe, you can travel freely from country to country with just showing a passport.
>>
File: 1440929064490.png (117KB, 321x327px) Image search: [Google]
1440929064490.png
117KB, 321x327px
>>26536193
talking to the next Jackson Pollock here , when you get shitfaced rich, can you buy me a Pagani Huayra please?? thanks
>>
File: youngmanworkingatdesk.jpg (14KB, 250x208px) Image search: [Google]
youngmanworkingatdesk.jpg
14KB, 250x208px
>>26536245
Can you not comprehend that, POSSIBLY, just maybe civilizations in the past had better lives, focus, and structure then the present? That's the whole point of the argument for god's sake.
>>
File: file.png (445KB, 610x362px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
445KB, 610x362px
>>26536373
How long do you think that's going to last?
>>
>>26536337
>how am i going to get ammunition in europe

you can make an improvised gun from a couple pices of pipe and a nail. why everyone got their knickers in a twist when that autist designed a 3d printable gun is beyond me. people have been improvising firearms for hundreds of years
>>
>>26536353
The wild is the real world. The world were living in now is lala land.
>>
>>26536301
You'll spend your whole life imaging how reality should be. How society and everyone else is holding you back, how your way is better. They're just scared to let you shine. But one day you'll have your way and live a happy life.

When the reality is you're just a bitter beta faggot who wasted his life and can no longer leave his parents basement.

>>26536403
They didn't. Really. The current standard of living by far exceeds any thing we had at any point in history. Unless you believe Atlantis is real. Then you're way too far gone in your own fantasy.
>>
>>26536403
nooooo, that was not your point
there is literally no recorded history before civililzation. We can safely assume there has always been civilization
as to the better life for an average woman to be able to raise her children and live to see them have children is a modern miracle with no presedent
do you know that 200 years abo doctors didnt wash their hands during chil birth and that fact alone was resposible for 70% of mothers dying during it?
you truly belong in the wilderness
>>
>>26536264
The fact that you called them "burdens of society" is the sole reason people want to "escape". The "Escape" you're referring to is running away from one's problems at no good reason. The "escape we're referring to leaving the dystopia that is modern society in search of something better. Pic related.
>>
>>26536423
Just buy some from the local bazaar.
>>
>>26536422
Well, for people living in the EU its easy. People from outside the EU need a visa for 3 months max, just like in the US
>>
File: p34617_p_v8_ab.jpg (396KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p34617_p_v8_ab.jpg
396KB, 960x1440px
>>26536481
>They didn't. Really. The current standard of living by far exceeds any thing we had at any point in history. Unless you believe Atlantis is real. Then you're way too far gone in your own fantasy.

2 far cucked and not enough explanation.
>>
>>26535517
I'll leave this summer when im done with my bachelor. I will have ~$175k in savings and im just gonna leave with my hiking gear. I might buy some land and build a house out in nowhere. With the money i have and with ~4-8% ROI i will be able to live for the rest of my life with the money i get from my savings (which will then be invested)

cya wagecucks
>>
>>26536499
We don't live in a dystopia. you should probably look up that word before you use it.

Also I don't see anything wrong with that pandas life. It lives under a roof out of the cold and rain, gets fed daily and medical treatment. It will also get to breed too.
>>
>>26535517
I've been homeless a few times. Sometimes for days at a time and others for months the most, I think, was for three months. Living in an old sealed off bus in the middle of nowhere would be comfy. A car or the street as I was no so much.

Imagine just waking up to everyone being dead.
>timeforaroadtrip.png
>>
>>26536498
Assuming you're the same guy, you need to take a class on logic at you local community college.

There are these things called 'eras', you can think of them as time categories by which we record periods of time. Now, civilization has undergone several eras, and what i'm saying is life was better in eras past. The fact of the matter is that babies still die, but it's the world they grow up in that needs to be addressed.
>>
>>26535517
>the smile of starvation
No.
>>
Dont be like mccandless and go in there with minimal knowledge. You should gain knowledge from experienced hobos and offgridders. There are tons of solo offgridders but also families and even whole communities living in the wild. Live with these people before you do it on your own.
>>
>>26536575
A dystopia is a is a community or society that is undesirable or frightening. It is translated as "not-good place", an antonym of utopia, a term that was coined by Sir Thomas More and figures as the title of his most well-known work, "Utopia." "Utopia" is the blueprint for an ideal society with no crime or poverty. Dystopian societies appear in many artistic works, particularly in stories set in the future. Some of the most famous examples are 1984 and Brave New World. Dystopias are often characterized by dehumanization,[2] totalitarian governments, environmental disaster,[3] or other characteristics associated with a cataclysmic decline in society. Dystopian societies appear in many subgenres of fiction and are often used to draw attention to real-world issues regarding society, environment, politics, economics, religion, psychology, ethics, science, and/or technology, which if unaddressed could potentially lead to such a dystopia-like condition.

Vote donald trump, make america great again (2 far cucked)
>>
>>26535833
You can probably get a gun license if you say you want it to hunt. Look it up
>>
>>26536572
Not a true nomad hobo but still admirable.
>>
>>26536691
And what part of our current society is dystopian? If you live in the west you don't live in a dystopia.

You have given 0 reasons or arguments against my posts.
>2farcucked
is not a reason or actual sentence.
>>
Shut the fuck up
Just try
>>
>>26536817
What this guy said.

I want to agree with him but there's no way hunting and farming and camping with out a permit in a nation park would be legal.
Good luck though.
>>
>>26536775
>And what part of our current society is dystopian?
the ones that are perceived as
>undesirable or frightening
which to an individual can be the whole thing, or most of it
>>
>>26536875
You have no idea how remote some places are. People live in the wild for decades before being found.
>>
>>26536917
>It's dystopian because I think it is.
Ok
I think its a Utopia. I've been a NEET for the past 4 years and still make money. I do nothing that's physically taxing and am never put in any harm in my daily life.

Also, nature is frightening. There are many undesirable aspects of nature. Such as starving and getting literally eaten alive. In fact nature better fits the description of "not-good place".
>>
>>26535859
I'm leaving my home to travel around Europe, will have about 20,000 pounds, not sure what that is in euros
once it runs out I'm on my own
I'm really fucking excited, waiting until weather improves and I'm gone
>>
>>26536987
Yeah, in third world countries or small islands in the pacific. You'll never get there because countries don't just let you in without expecting you to leave or help benefit their economy. And if you want to try out remote part of Alaska or Russia or the middle east. Be my guest.
>>
>>26536775
We live in an era where the blood and sweat of the common man runs the world. Money doesn't run it, it's a mere byproduct.

Dehuminization is an easy one. Dehumanization is the key to production. Who else is going to work 18 hours a day to make your iphones and your tshirts. Who else is going to gather the raw materials to meet the material demand of "civilization. It's easier to focus on the end product then on those who toil to provide it.

You can't sleep where you want, you can't eat off the land, you can't roam where you want. Government is just a mechanism to maintain "society", under the guise of free will and participation.

Also, Study shows congress doesnt give a flying fuck about you:
https://represent.us/action/theproblem-4/

Environmental disaster you say?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_spills
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster
http://aqicn.org/city/beijing/
...much more

Societal Decline, and ignorance?
I dont need to explain this one.
>>
>>26536572
Nicely done - I've managed a similar escape plan. Got a cheap house, some investments, and I'm living ok.
>>
>>26536633
>eras
what the hell does it have to do with anything?
in which fucking way does this apport or refute to my argument?
you are one stupid motherfucker you know that?
there is a million and one ways life is better now than it has ever been, ther is no historian in the world that doesnt agree
>>
>>26537075
What exactly is your argument? Is english even your first language because the confusion is definitely mutual. Seriously, please restate your argument because you seem to be interpreting something I'm missing.
>>
>>26536633
>the world they grow up needs to be addressed
there has been matriarchis before
there has been transgender people before
there has been expansionism before
every imperium collapses
>>
>>26537142
So life is cyclical? No matter what, nothing is gonna change until it inevitably collapses and happens all over again?
>>
>>26537139
my point is that you basically have no idwa at all about how the world was at any era before the year 2000
>>
>>26537064
No, even in europe. You don't know how huge the world is.
>>
>>26537173
Lol wtf does that even mean?
>>
>>26537170
no, that would mean that its always the same,
Human beings are terrible at learning from history, most people know jack shit about anything.
Every imperium has a rich history full of fuck ups that sets it appart we are not different and we will keep fucking up all the way into the cosmos until we can no longer call ourselves humans
>>
>>26537071
>blood and sweat of the common man runs the world.
It always has and always will.

You can't sleep where you want, you can't eat off the land, you can't roam where you want.
That's what I've been saying.

>Dehuminization is an easy one. Dehumanization is the key to production. Who else is going to work 18 hours a day to make your iphones and your tshirts. Who else is going to gather the raw materials to meet the material demand of "civilization. It's easier to focus on the end product then on those who toil to provide it.
There have been slaves since the begging of mankind. I'd say that's a step up from slaves.

>congress doesn't give a flying fuck about me.
When did I say they did?

Environmental disasters are nothing new.

Thank you for proving my point.

>>26537178
I've been to 11 different countries in the past 4 years. I don't think you've ever left your basement.
>>
ITT: people who watch Hollywood movies about nature and survival and think leaving society will bring them to some magical fantasy land where all their problems will go away.

2farcucked
>>
>>26537241
Then you agree that we do in fact live in a modern day dystopia and need change.

Thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>26537170
hell we are talking about technology completely replacing the need for humans to work in the future
romans achieved the same fucking thing through slavery
and look what happened
cant you find the humor in that?
>>
>>26537306
What you described isn't a MODERN dystopia. Its the pattern of human history. There is no changing it. Going into nature wont change it. It will only enforce the reasons why we need them.

So I in fact did not prove your point. You disproved your own point.
>>
>>26537328
At least in the future, are children won't have to deal with having their orders fucked up by humans at McDonalds.

It's the small battles the matter most! 2016 we're gonna make it!
>>
>>26537241
There are areas that humans havent seen in decades. Even centuries in less optimal environments for survival.
And often nobody will care that youre living in the wild. As long as youre not bothering people its fine. In europe at least. Aswell as alaska.
>>
>>26537364
>pattern of human history
You fail to acknowledge that industrialism completely amplified this. This is a much larger scale than a bunch of egyptians getting jews to build their pyramids. This is systematic slavery. And the sooner you realize this, the sooner change will come.
>>
>>26537377
whats the fucking point then in worrying about such an ephemeral thing as the modern world?
you cant live in the past or travel to the future and moments are fleeting
>>
>>26537298
You have no idea how many people are already doing this.
The fact that a movie has been made about it doesnt make it a fallacy.

You hate happiness dont you?
>>
>>26537387
There's a reason why people don't live in most of those places. They're unlivable. With little natural resources to sustain long term living.
>>
>>26537449
progress is about making life better for the kin of tomorrow.

*inspiration music playing
>>
>>26537428
Systematic slavery is better than actual slavery. And things will change. Things always change throughout history.
>>
>>26535940
>too far cucked

screencaped b4 meemdom
>>
>>26537509
>Systematic slavery is better than slavery

>2farcucked
>>
Better to die in a ditch in the woods than turn to wagecuckery.
>>
>>26537428
it didnt tho
there is still slavery
there is still war and countries conquering other countries
so what if we are warmer, better fed and entretained and live longer as loing as we still depend in the sae ancient techniques
democracy was proven to not work either even in a country scale were everyone can vote
>>
>>26537451
I've met the Alaskan bush people while I was in Alaska. They stay in rented housed when they're not filming. And yes, there are people doing it for real. Like the nomadic tribes in Mongolia. That doesn't mean you can. And even if you try you'll end up back here eventually.
>>
>>26535646

He actually just starved to death.

I'm kind of impressed he lasted as long as he did to be honest.

I still don't see the appeal of living in the woods. It's not like an extended camping trip where you've got your beef jerky and some cool drinks, you would literally be fighting for survival like an animal. Not knowing where the next meal is coming from or if a bear was going to come along and fuck you up.

What is the appeal?
>>
>>26537579
Shhh. don't destroy their fantasy. They're going to be the next waifufags.
>>
>>26537575
So what r u saying?
>>
>>26537451
you know this was an 80s thing dont you?
i forgot the name but people took to the rodes and lived there
it didnt end well nor in an espectacular way either
you are looking for change were there is none
>>
>>26535833

Your bigger problem is what you're going to fucking eat in Europe you dipshit.

There is hardly any game here. You gonna live off wild berries and leaves?
>>
>>26537579
>I still don't see the appeal of living in the woods. It's not like an extended camping trip where you've got your beef jerky and some cool drinks, you would literally be fighting for survival like an animal. Not knowing where the next meal is coming from or if a bear was going to come along and fuck you up.

2farcucked
>>
>>26537618
If you can't make your self happy with everything provided to you. Then you sure as hell won't be happy fighting for survival.
>>
>>26537618
you are so dense
the industrial revoluition didnt change the world
>>
>>26537655
this is not me
just someone equally retarded to you
>>
>>26537458
Youre brilliant!

Ofcourse most people dont live in the wild. Living in the wild is uncomfortable, insecure and dangerous.
It would be an adventure if you knew everything is going to be alright.

Most people enjoy the comfort, but some people value adventure more than comfort.
>>
>>26537659
It changed the US. Which as a somewhat influence on the world.
But it did not change the world to the extent that he thinks it did.
>>
>>26536572
Congrats, man. What you're doing is what I think is the only option that will lead to freedom.
>>
>>26535517
>Don't live a life of materialism and security.

that idea is fucking stupid. my comfort zone is better than this retarded manchild pipedream.
>>
>>26535517
I hate that moron and the stupidity he spread.
He was a dimwitted, spoiled buffoon who was very literally too stupid to live. Admiring or emulating him is retarded.
>>
>>26535900

There are areas in the USA that are so remote you could in theory live there your whole life without meeting anyone else, even if they are technically owned by someone.

There were native American tribes living in the remote parts that were completely unaware that the USA even existed for decades.

There was one dude who was the last survivor of his tribe who wasn't discovered until 1911. It definitely is possible.

Still a stupid and highly romanticised idea to me though.
>>
>>26537655
sry to break it to you, but the fight for survival still exists, it has just evolved. It's man made. It's entertaining your employer for a piece of the pie until you die. Nothing is ever handed to you
>>
>>26537625
food shouldnt be a problem at all tho
i would say you can carry at least 8 montsh of food with you into the wilderness and as long as you have water and know how to start a fire there will be no problem at all
>>
>>26537719
People think that their neckbeards will protect them from the wilderness .
>>
>>26537009
But think about what an insufferable pussy your version of life has made you into.
>>
>>26535988
No, he simply starved to death
If he had done the bare minimum of preparation he'd still be alive
>>
File: 1454133085150.jpg (86KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1454133085150.jpg
86KB, 409x409px
>>26537719
>literally a slave
>comfort
>>
Hahahaha
I can't live without movie and music
>>
>>26537735
all land not privately owned is owned by the state
you could just walk into a national park and live in the woods and it would be the same
>>
File: 7234123577234.png (214KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
7234123577234.png
214KB, 480x480px
That was a really good movie.
>>
>>26537784
National parks are normalfag outdoorsy faggot hotspots, national forests, BLM land, this is where you want to go.
>>
>>26537659
>The industrial rev didn't change the world.

Unless you found a way to type on 4chan without internet, a computer, electricity, and did so while living in a pre industrial building (made by hand with resources in the immediate vicinity) wearing knitted pre industrial clothes (mom's knitted sweaters), then it actually changed a whole fucking lot.
>>
/out/ welcomes all wageslave refugees.
>>
>>26537768
yeah, and then you get ill somehow and have no health insurance and then you break your leg and literally die starving in a ditch somewhere with ants and flies crawling all over you. sounds like a great deal, senpai.
>>
>>26537652

Yeah, see how you feel when you're freezing cold with no food and it suddenly dawns upon you that if you actually WERE a tribesmen from the cave man days this would be the moment you perish.

The vast majority of wild animals don't live half as long as they do in captivity. Nature is fucking brutal, even the strongest only survive long enough to pass on their genes.

If your tribal ancestors could see you they'd probably call you a fucking retard for giving up the easy life to pointless endure hell.
>>
>>26537828
i dont give a shit really
go whenever you want, at least national parks have trash you can dumpster dive when you are starving and someone that will save your life when you inevitably get sick. Most likely dhiarrea and shit yourself half dead
>>
>>26537866
Fear isn't an admirable trait. It will keep you alive, but, is what you're doing really called life?
>>
>>26537830
we still depend on slave labor overseas, the entirety of society depends on it the same way the romans did. Without it it would completely crumble
neither technology nor capitalism was able to change that
again we are warmer, healtier, better fed, more entertained and live longer big whoop the greeks achieved the same
>>
>>26535517
Soon
I like security OP
But this isn't security
>>
I'm gonna do this in Africa. Wish me luck senpai
>>
>>26537872
Are you the kind of retard that thinks living in nature means living in a cave, with a big ass club and a rag made of leopard skin to cover your genitals?

Honestly, how do you think people survived in the old west? Read a fucking book. Your ancestors are probably laughing their asses of at your pathetic nerfy life, based on the illusion of wagecuckery.
>>
If anyone in this thread is seriously going to do this please keep a diary or something so that we can all laugh when you start panicking and crying when you realise how fucked you are after a couple of months.
>>
>>26537738
Thanks for proving my point that you would gain literally nothing from living in the wilderness.

>>26537756
says the guy arguing on the internet instead of living in his fantasy nature land. At least I'll live longer and die in a warm, comfortable place. Dying out in the cold isn't an achievement. Its actually the opposite. Shows how fucking backwards your view of the world is.
>>
>>26537866
This is when you close your eyes and think about your childhood while you slowly slip away, obviously

At least you don't have to do anything in this scenario. There's no pressure. You're just dying. Sounds nice.
>>
>>26537576
>>26537621
People in europe and america have done it forever and are still doing it today. Not to mention permanent hitchhikers and trainhoppers.

You guys seriously have no idea. Of course you think nobidy is doing it. Theyre hiding from us.
>>
>>26537932
Have fun with AIDS! Show them the wheel wile you're there.
>>
File: 1455608021911.jpg (365KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
1455608021911.jpg
365KB, 750x725px
Any ideas how one would go about carrying a weapon as a drifter/innawoods bum? I hear about cops giving vagrants shit all the time because when you carry everything you own on your back, your bound to be carrying something illegal.

A gun seems out of the question unless I'm willing to shoot cops, so something like a chain or a bo staff/walking stick sounds like the best option.
>>
>>26537978
I'm already learning the language. Ook ook eek eek?
>>
File: ramen.jpg (15KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
15KB, 260x194px
>>26537872
>>26537872
>starving
here is your solution, you can even pick thhe flavour
as lons as you have water you will not starve or die of dehydration
>freeze
not if you choose your location well and avoid rain
>>
>>26537969
Going to many different countires throughout the years I've tried train hopping and hitchhiking. There "permanent" ones you speak of don't exist. They do it for a few months to a few years then return to their civilized life. Know what they gain from it? Stories to tell their bosses and coworkers to impress them.
>>
>>26537950
If your point is that you'd rather be working for some fat fuck then for youself, then yes, i guess i proved your point yet again.

>we're seeing levels of cuck that shouldn't even be possible
>>
>>26537948
And then theres that guy that thinks he knows it all. You havent tried it either. You dont know any better than us.
>>
>>26537942

What exactly do YOU think living in the woods would be like m8y boi?

You think food is just going to rain from the sky?
You think your shitty boy scout shelter is going to protect you from a serious storm?
You think you're going to be able to do shit if one of the animals you try to hunt loses its shit and attacks you?
You think you're going to survive for long if you even get the slightest bit sick? Ever had a cold or flu that fucked you up even a little bit? Well that's potentially death if you're living like an animal.

How did people survive in the old west? Well they sure as shit didn't wander off into the woods and never return to civilisation that's for damn sure.

Please just fucking go, and make sure you leave a note saying "That anon on r9k was right" when you realise your chronic case of explosive liquid shitting is going to be the death of you.
>>
One obviously does not revolt against the advantages and opportunities of the state, but against the price which must be paid for the same in the coin of accepted morality, self-restraint and toil.

Nobody is running away from advanced healthcare, plentiful electricity and free libraries. They're running from the odious, oppressive, worrying, humiliating, extortionate and intolerable systems which one must submit to in order to enjoy those benefits.
>>
>>26538070
I have never had an illness in my life, I'm not some cuck that never goes outside because he is afraid of normalfags.
>>
>>26538044
You must be a slave at an industrial meme factory seeing how you sling the word cuck at everything you don't understand or cant prove otherwise. Also I don't work physically work. I live off my parents inheritance and investments.
>>
>>26537950
Sure, if your goal is to live as long and as safe as possible. I don't think that's the point of life. But OK, you do you, and I'll do me. And when you're having one of your depressive moments in your room, remember I'll be out looking at mountains, or swimming in the ocean, or riding a motorcycle in the desert.
>>
>>26538034

Where are you going to get that from?
The Ramen tree?
Out of the Ramen Bear's asshole?
>>
I'd live off the grid but I wouldn't wander aimlessly in the wild
>>
>>26538042
Wow. This man right here has spoken to literally every single trainhopper in the world.

Otherwise you wouldnt be able to say that. Im impressed!
>>
>>26538120
This, staying near enough to pillage and take advantage of the normalfags when you need to is the best option.
>>
>>26538054

No, I haven't tried it. Why should I have to try something that's obviousy a stupid idea in order to know it's stupid?

Have you tried sticking your dick into an open flame? Because trust me bro if it happens it grows 3 inches.
>>
>>26538127
Says the guys who's never seen a train hopper because "they're hiding from us".
>>
>>26537923
>we still depend on slave labor overseas, the entirety of society depends on it the same way the romans did

The romans did not use slavery as a means of production, or progress. They were used for luxury, and pleasure

> Without it it would completely crumble
neither technology nor capitalism was able to change that.

There are many aspects to daily life that are achieved without it. There's no excuse.

> again we are warmer, healtier, better fed, more entertained and live longer big whoop the greeks achieved the same
Who's we? it doesn't take much to be warm, and most of the world is malnourished and eats garbage anyway. The greeks had it better.
>>
>Not living in a cave
>Not living of berries and deer
>Not starting fires with pieces of wood
>Not only wearing a loincloth
Fucking normies
>>
>>26538006
Use a machete anon.
>>
>>26538070
>buy a shit ton of ramen
>buy a tent
>pick a location without serious storms or cold winters
>keep a radio with bateries and listen to it everyday to know if the river is going to floodbecause that would kill me
>stay near the river at all times
>buy an emergency kit and antibiotics
>buy a satelita phone in case of emergency
>bi monthly incursions to civilization for medical check ups and more ramen
>>
>>26538165
Not trainhoppers..
People in the woods.
>>
>>26537142
Cite your evidence for matriarchies.
>>
>>26538210
I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore. Other than arguing for the sake of arguing. How does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread?
>>
>>26538243
Could be considered a weapon if some pigs stop me, but I suppose I'll have a hatchet anyway, so they could lock me up for that if I get stopped.
>>
>>26537328
You clearly don't understand why the roman empire fell. Learn your history.
>>
>>26538156
Its completely different because its subjective. Some people like you hate it, and other people enjoy it.
>>
>>26538109
>i don't physically work
>lives off parents inheritance and investments

Haven't I seen you on my 600lb life before?
>>
>>26538116
you can pack up to eight months of it and keep it with you
instant ramen is a moder wonder
it stays good for a year without needing some kind of special storage
its cheap as fuck
it has tons of calories per gram
ramen could have changed history if it was invented in the past
>>
>>26538006
I carried a swiss when I was homeless. If innawoods you might get away with a hammer.
>>
>>26536729
>>26537073
>>26537706

Ye i might build a kinda homestead where multiple people can live when i get further down the road. Im not one for social contact all the time but it would be nice to know someone will be there if i get attacked by a bear lol
>>
>>26538210
>The romans did not use slavery as a means of production, or progress. They were used for luxury, and pleasure

im done with you, you have no fucking idea of anything. its a wonder you can tie your shoe lases
romans conquered other civilizations and taxed them to hell forcing them to produce for them
its indistinguible from slavery
>>
>>26538263
Too much reading for u to comprehend I see.

>OP: When are you leaving?
Don't live a life of materialism and security.

>>26535940

please reread you previous post. Go get a glass of nice ice cold water too cus i think your overheating.
>>
>>26538371
There's no arguing with these people. No matter what logical or factual evidence you provide they will always have memes.
Just let nature take care of them.
>>
>>26535791
You can do that as a crusty, though.
>>
I love how theres always that one guy that comes to these threads like
>heh, heh. U not gonna make it mate! Even tho i never go outside and i dont know you at all, ur gun die m8! Oh trust me m8 im experienced hehe u dont wanna do that trust me
>>
File: f.jpg (19KB, 871x600px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
19KB, 871x600px
>>26538329
This might be a good idea.
>>
>>26538246

If you're returning to civilisation and using modern appliances then what exactly is the point?

You're just on an eternal boring camping trip.

>>26538107

Sure thing, I totally believe you've never been sick even once.

Go ahead and prove me wrong.
>>
>>26538408
I wasn't the guy you were originally arguing with but ok. Seems you just needed to project your damage control. The other post you linked wasn't me either. But I think I understand you now.
>>
>>26538371
R u serious or r u trying to make me kek. Please don't rely on Rome Total War for your history facts. Rome was almost completely self sufficient at first, and imported from regions of syria, spain, and egypt to meet demands of expansionism.
>>
>>26538443
Not that guy, but the point is that you aren't working 40+ hours a week and feeling tired all of the time. What's the point of anything?
>>
>>26538321

But nobody actually does what OP is proposing, and the few that have tried it have died.
>>
>>26538420

Yeah I hate it when people call me a retard for saying retarded shit.
>>
>>26538420
That's the whole argument of the thread. People who don't understand society, nature, other people or them selves arguing about society, nature, other people and them selves.
That's pretty much what all of /r9k/ consists of.
>>
>>26538452
its an anonymous image board, its hard to tell who anyone is unless ur a tripfag.
>>
>>26538443
People having never been sick isn't something that is rare, at least for people that have gone outside and actually developed their immune systems.
>>
>>26538443
you would be in one anyways?
what did you expect? to bring a girl with you and play adam and eve?
i told you there is no record of human history before civilization that means we have no knowledge of a human disconecting from the world and surviving like that forever in the past
tarzan is just a movie anon
>>
>>26538411
please refer to >>26538478

have a noice day at work goy
>>
>the grass is greener on the other side.
>>
>>26538443
You dont know why people do it. Theres no point explaining it to you, you either have that feeling or you dont.
>>
>>26538512

Going outside exposes you to more germs though you fucking idiot and increases the chances of getting sick no matter how good of an immune system you think you have.

You seem to take great pride in the fact that you've left your house before.
>>
>>26538560
Except it actually is greener, not just an illusion.
>>
>>26538554
>Rome was almost completely self sufficient at first, and imported from regions of syria, spain, and egypt to meet demands of expansionism.
And that system worked so well that they decided to ruin it and become what they are today.
>>
>>26538443
> You're just on an eternal boring camping trip.

2farcucked and no going back.
>>
>>26538562

But nobody actually does it. There's a difference between being an outdoorsman and living in the woods forever.

Why don't you go to /out/ and talk some of this shit and see what they say?
>>
>>26538603
The grass in my yard is pretty damn green.
>>
>>26538577
Actually, being around people is how most sicknesses are spread.

That guy who lived in the wilderness and stole from campers for decades said he never got sick in his entire time living alone. Though he admits to almost freezing to death.
>>
>>26538478
i learned about rome in highschool, i cant quopte sources without going to my mothers house and picking up the books and taking pictures of the pages for you
>>
>>26538612
Actually it expansionism that brought about the fall of rome. To0 much land, to little defenders.
>>
>>26538619
>being this delusional.
Why are you still here? oh yeah, its too scary going past your mailbox.
>>
>>26538619

The fact that you are so desperate to prove your non-existant masculinity that you perceive the idea of living in the woods forever as something a "badass alpha male" would do is deeply amusing to me.

Please do go on.
>>
>>26538647
Ima let u in on a secret source that gives u all the knowledge in da whole world.

www.google.com
>>
>>26538641
actually most epidemics start in the wildernness, there are plenty of ilness you can catch from feral animals not to mention parasites and overal ways you can become intoxicated.
you will die not from starvation dehydratation or hypotermia but most likely from an infected wound
>>
>>26538641

There are many types of sickness, not just viruses spread from person to person.

Who is this guy you speak of?
>>
>>26538694
yaeah i tryed but im not willing to go through entire lectures to prove you wrong
you are welcome to do it and prove yourself wrong tho, im waiting
>>
>>26538695
B-but having a beard is basically like having armor out in the wilderness! Its genetic proof that I'm meant to survive out there!
>>
>>26535646
>life is not a movie
In To the Wild is a true story tho, desu I think if you're smart, anyone could probably go off and live like McCandless.
>>
File: cabininthewoods.png (565KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
cabininthewoods.png
565KB, 600x398px
>>26535517
I'm not leaving but I plan on living a minimalistic as fuck life.

When you arrive at the conclusion that most of life is just some strange fluctuation between the pleasant and the unpleasant, you want to find some middle ground.

Do not worry about materialistic shit, but live a comfortable enough, stress-free life.

Small living space and the necessities is all I need.
>>
>>26538658
The decline of rome can't be condensed into one of two facets.

There were MANY reasons the WRE eventually collapsed, like the inability for Romans to supply their own troops and relying on barbarian mercenaries, resulting in legions loyal not to the state, but only to their commander. The constant inner turmoil and civil strife resulting therein. The Praetorian Guards and Legions were picking their own Emperors and plunging the empire into civil war REGULARLY so they could be paid liberal bounties from the spoils of a successful coup. It was sucking the empire dry.

To try and say it was just because the empire was "too big" is ignoring a lot of pertinent facts.
>>
>>26535517
Trying to lose weight so I can join the army

Not for any money purposes, but just so I can leave this place behind and look forward to something new.

After that, I don't know. Might just be a beach bum, or travel around the country.
>>
>>26538622
Plenty of people do it actually.
>>
>>26535517
Whats even the point of being anti materialistic? Are they going to put a gold-star sticker on my gravestone saying "you did it!" Why would I have to "leave" to somewhere? How will leaving a society where everything is provided to me make my life easier? Why would I not want security? What kind of meme is this?
>>
>>26538835

Like who? Who have you spoken to who's done it? Who has been recorded as having successfully done it?

Note: we aren't talking about vagrants or hitchikers here. We're talking dude's who tried to do what the guy the OP did and were successful.
>>
ITT: 4chan board warriors fighting out WW3 on whether or not its meaningful to live in the forest.

FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXTS ON...

DRAGON
D
R
A
G
O
N

BALLLLLL Z!!!!!!!!!!
>>
u all are

>2farcucked
>>
>>26538869
He's going to bring up something about the wild west and conquering unexplored land. Which no longer exist today.
>>
File: 1455073141006.jpg (27KB, 489x499px) Image search: [Google]
1455073141006.jpg
27KB, 489x499px
> he hasn't come out of his 47th existential crisis to realize the material world is the only thing worth living for

Shiggy Diggy Doo
>>
>>26538892

>Doesn't even have the balls to give me a (You) anymore.

2farcucked

and you think you can fight off a bear?
>>
>>26535646
ur probably a fatass.
>>
>>26538842
read
>>26538092

Essentially, many find the modern post-industrial lifestyle to be vacuous, unfulfilling and intolerable and would rather take their chances with a simple but hard life and the freedom derived therein than a complicated life with the benefit of luxurious distractions and conveniences which have an enervating effect on the spirit.
>>
>>26538869
The people that are successfully doing it we dont know about ofcourse. But there are tons of people that got caugh. Check out christopher knights story.
>>
File: giphy.gif (745KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
745KB, 500x317px
>>26538869
Have you never heard of Forrest Gump?
>>
>>26538937
Your not the special little snow flake you think you are. NO (you) for YOU!

ALso theres hundreds of (you)'s its hard to keep count
>>
>>26538937
if u want to be remembered become a trip fag
>>
>>26538971
So its essentially just a "grass is greener on the otherside" meme.
Neat, can't wait to see how this spreads or if it dies after this thread.
>>
I like the idea of living alone in the woods but i dont think i can do it.

There are other ways to (almost) quit society.
Buy an RV and travel through the country getting a shitty job every couple of months
Hitchhike and trainhop. Just by hitchhiking you will often get enough food to survive. People that pick up hitchhikers often hook you up with food or money.
>>
File: tumblr_nwullrZOs51udwanoo1_400.jpg (107KB, 390x292px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwullrZOs51udwanoo1_400.jpg
107KB, 390x292px
DONT FIGHT IT ANONS CUS DEEP DOWN YOU ALREADY KNOW

WE WERE BORN TO BEE WILD!
>>
The grass is greener on the other side AND my waifu is real!
What a time to be alive! I'm sure we can all agree on that.
>>
File: Henry_David_Thoreau.jpg (180KB, 623x768px) Image search: [Google]
Henry_David_Thoreau.jpg
180KB, 623x768px
>he doesn't have a rich friend who lets him live in a cabin on his land for free while his mom cook his meals and does his washing
>>
>>26539148
Typical close minded 4chan poster.
Anything thats weird to you is objectively wrong and retarded right?
>>
>>26538980
of course we dont know about them
please tell me about your asian boyfriend and your childhood iq test that said you are a genious
you are done, you belong in the retarded tripfags graveyard
>>
>>26539201
I want to believe you typed this as bait.
>>
>>26539201
No, my friend. This thread has convinced me otherwise.
>>
>>26539166
thoreau had a garden at walden, idiot
>>
File: CANT_WAKE_UP.png (220KB, 699x413px) Image search: [Google]
CANT_WAKE_UP.png
220KB, 699x413px
Soon I'll be getting $1,200 a month or so autismbux. I plan on living alone like a hermit. I won't hook up internet, internet is a bad influence, bad for my mental health. I'll spend all my days reading, meditating, exercising, performing chores, hiking, and occasionally going to music and stand up comedy shows.
>>
>>26539297
you have autism anon , autism bucks is a way for the goverment to show you that the world has all but given up on you
you wont ever live alone, you wont experience any kind of comfortable life at all you are internet bound because the internet is all you have
sure 1200 sound good but that money is calculated to be the exact minimun you need and you will find yourself living from check to check not being able to afford any more of the base requirements to keep yourself alive
>>
>>26538980

>They'r real bro we just don't know about them

bet you believe in fairies too you gay boy
>>
>>26539224
>>26539239
There you go again!
>>
>>26539285
I don't exactly know what you mean by this anon.
>>
>>26539398
Literally do some research. Search google or youtube if youre interested.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
>>
>>26539467
I'm sure the people of this thread would do well living like these people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

especially these people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinelese_people
>>
>>26539297

Do you really get 1200 a month for fucking autism or is "Autismbux" just a phrase?

I am legally blind and only get 200 a month and that was a fucking struggle to get.
>>
>>26535517
Sounds interesting, but I like having access to modern medicine. Maybe if we develop an android to ensure food and shelter, I might take some from society. But until then I like my shelter and easy access to food.

I also largely get meaning in life from my social relations. I'm a teacher, I doubt the eagles and bears give a shit about books and knowledge. Also I enjoy other humans(usually), as well as their creations (movies, books, shows vidya).

Yes, our society is DEEPLY sick. And most individuals are as well, but reversion to that is not the answer, social revolution is, as Sanders says.
>>
>>26539552
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinelese_people
Inbreeding orgies, violence, bestiality.
These people have it made. Truly what nature intended for the human race. What you're all living now is just a lie.
>>
>>26535791
* autist fixed that for you anon. Your on your way good luck
>>
>>26539706

I honestly think these savages should be firebombed, they have killed people and are always aggressive to anyone who comes near them.

The fact that they are an uncontacted tribe is irrelevant. Entire island should be napalmed imo.
>>
>>26539383
I had a friend with more severe mental illness than me and he was allowed to live alone, and he payed $500 a month rent, he actually bought a keyboard (musical instrument), a drawing pad, expensive game design software, a powerful new computer, he also bought games on Steam a lot.

It's not that hard to live on $1,200. He was where I got the idea from. Actually it might be as high as $1,500 even. He never gave me an exact number he just said it was around there.

>>26539620
I live in Canada. I get $640 just for being unemployed during the application process for autismobux. I could live alone on that, but I'd have to eat from the food bank mostly.
>>
>>26539773
It's only natural m8. You're just too brainwashed and cucked by your government and society to accept the true way of life.
>>
>>26539806
anon all those things are really cheap and require a one time investment
you could probably get all that by starving yourself a couple of years
>>
>>26539815

Going by that logic killing them is also a natural response.
>>
>>26539773
You're the savage kid, wanting to firebomb people.

You're like the bad guys in the Avatar film, or the assholes who killed Native Americans.

Open your mind, you're the fucking savage.
>>
Hitchhiking and trainhopping sounds like much more fun than staying in the woods forever
>>
>>26540022

Pretty sure the Avatar smurfs didn't murder anybody who came near them like these backwards retards do.

Why am I supposed to respect a culture that involves killing anything that isn't like you?

Because they are tribesmen and din du nuffin?

Fuck off.
>>
>>26535517
babby just watch Fight Club for the first time?
>>
>>26536140
This is the bigger load of horse shit I've ever read desu
>>
>>26536145
>What makes people happy is materialism

Please, like casual sex and drugs and alcohol, it provides a short-term high. It makes no one happy.
>>
File: 11WaystoBeMoreLikeaZenMonk.jpg (199KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
11WaystoBeMoreLikeaZenMonk.jpg
199KB, 800x600px
I want to become a zen buddhist monk somewhere in asia.
>implying i'm going go slave my life away for some greedy jew who needs his sexth million.
I want to learn as much as possible in my life. I want to live on only what i need. I want to live a free life. I want a master who i can talk to and learn from. I want monk friends who love and accept me as i am. I don't care if i can't have sex or have to do 'low' jobs as it is done for a greater purpose.
Through meditation my life already is heaven but i want to match my surroundings to this too now.
My mom wants me to get some shitty job and my own appartment. For what? So i can slave away all my life and get some big TV or a flashy car in the end?
The life of most people is a joke in my eyes

I want to go on an adventure
>>
Any other drifters out there? I know that has to be at least one other guy on here that lives out of his van hopping from place to place.
>>
>>26540700
THIS! Been my dream to become a monk ever since I heard of buddhism.
>>
>>26535935
>ITT: People who have no idea how the world works.
Your world maybe.
>>
File: Hat_buddhabe.tumblr-com.jpg (74KB, 654x426px) Image search: [Google]
Hat_buddhabe.tumblr-com.jpg
74KB, 654x426px
>>26540771
Are you serious about it?
What country do you want to go to?

>this could be us senpai
>>
>>26540771
Monks aren't only a buddhist thing.

There are Catholic monasteries all over the world.
>>
>>26540844
Japan or China, I guess.. Really, anywhere would be nice desu

And I am 100% serious, especially after reading somewhere that most males in Japan are sent to Buddhist temples as monks for at least a month (could be off by a milion here) before entering the job world

>I-I want it to be us <

>>26540848
I've given that some thought as well, but buddhism appeals to me more.
>>
>>26540891
If you're serious drop an email and maybe we find some nice place to leave this shithole civilisation behind and become one with our fellow beings and nature.
I can't imagine a more worthy path than that of a zen monk
>>
>>26540700
>wanting to be a monk
>not wanting to be a slave
What makes you think they're free from the corporate empire? Monks these days are now only used as tourist attraction in Asia. Example: the monks in Laos tired to flee or gave up being monks because it just turned into being a tourist attraction. The government threatened to put actors in their place to please tourists.

Also look up collecting alms. You will still be a slave and a beggar. To be a monk is literally to serve. Unless you move to Bhutan or Tibet. (which would be impossible for a westerner) Modern monks are a meme.
>>
>>26540953
I don't use my email unless I have to though. Skype alright?
>>
>>26540891
>especially after reading somewhere that most males in Japan are sent to Buddhist temples as monks for at least a month (could be off by a milion here) before entering the job world
Yeah, you have no idea about the outside world or what you're getting into. Just because you're a monk doesn't mean you won't be a slave to what ever government you live under.
But I'm not stopping you. Have fun falling for another meme.
>>
>>26540987
I don't have skype but maybe we can use whatsapp
>>
>>26541043
I'd rather fall for a meme which makes me feel proud, if it's just as rewarding as that of a wagecuck

>>26541047
Never used whatsapp - I guess I'm getting it for you, senpai
>>
>>26541071
It'll be pretty rewarding after you google what a monk is and do 5 minutes of research.
>>
File: slave-morality-n.jpg (77KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
slave-morality-n.jpg
77KB, 720x540px
>>26535940

This. The mindless compliance of the Wage-Slave is what keeps this whole shit-show on the road. The price of property is obscene, but rather than do anything constructive about it, Johnny Wagecuck just gets more into debt, and sucks even more corporate cock.

Time is the only thing of value we have. Spend it on yourself.
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.