[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People actually live here >People actually want to live

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 23

File: suburb.png (554KB, 563x385px) Image search: [Google]
suburb.png
554KB, 563x385px
>People actually live here

>People actually want to live here

How? I'd rather live in the middle of the desert than the suburbs.
>>
>>26517289

basements are comfy.
>>
File: 4831451482_f7574f16e4_b.jpg (319KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
4831451482_f7574f16e4_b.jpg
319KB, 1024x569px
>>26517300

I live in the city and I have a basement
>>
Suburbs can be good, that picture is disgusting though because

>no parks (don't call those tiny grass patches parks)
>small properties with big houses
>every house is the same looking

Basically everyone there is going to spend most of their time indoors.
>>
>>26517289
because growing up in a suburb is comfy
not that i would know anyways
>>
>>26517333

>strong black woman is ignored again for some white hippie tart

BEBE

BEBE

BEBE!

COME QUICKLY
>>
>>26517289
because you are better able to isolate yourself from others by living in a suburb, plus there area enough people in the area that if you decide to sell your house, you will be able to get rid of it quickly and get a good price for it
>>
File: times square 1976.jpg (238KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
times square 1976.jpg
238KB, 1600x1067px
>>26517386
>isolate yourself from others by living in a suburb

People who isolate hemselves from others tend to go nuts

I work in suburban washington dc and live in NYC. If I go a few weeks without coming home to NYC to be with my friends in the city I get really suicidal
>>
>>26517289
Would be comfy if the neighborhood was good. Nothing worse than faggot neighbors.
>>
>>26517451

yeah the DMV is a lonely, depressing shit hole. expensive too, but not as expensive as NYC but close.
>>
GOD TIER
>Rural

GOOD TIER
>Suburbs

ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
>City
>>
>>26517289
It's actually really hard to get out.

I was planning to use the military but poor health prevented me from enlisting. I thought maybe I could get into a great school and escape but I'm not smart enough for that. I thought maybe I'll just move and get a similar job in a nice city but if I did that I couldn't afford the expense of living there.

Still stuck at home. I have free rent since living with parents, but eventually they will boot me out and it is expected that start wageslaving towards mortgage for my own slice of suburbia in nearby neighborhood.

Kill me
>>
>>26517289
>plenty of houses
>hardly any gardens
Gee, gotta be lovely in the summer!
>>
>>26517451
We probably pass eachother in opposite directions on Amtrak.

I only sit in the silent car.
>>
Suburbs are so comfy bud.

City seems like a shithole. Too many folks, too much noise. No space, no privacy, no nature
>>
File: 1453145075668.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453145075668.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
>>26517503

I'm not kidding when I say I will never go below Jersey once I'm out of the Navy. Everything I've seen of the non New England-to-New York City-part of the US is this cold hypercapitalistic shithole where nobody would care if a person burned to fucking death in front of them. It's horrible

DMV is a place out of time especially, all these suburb dwelling assholes so disconnected with the realities of the time they live in that they still carry on like it's 2004. The place is a cultural wasteland
>>
File: 1437004389593.jpg (122KB, 664x793px) Image search: [Google]
1437004389593.jpg
122KB, 664x793px
>>26517451
>>26517503
I live in NOVA and I am leaving in 1 month.

I've traveled a lot and lived in other parts of Virginia and the NOVA area is simply too depressing and expensive for me to put up with anymore. I spend over 12 hours a week in heavy traffic, and I am under 20 miles from my job. This area is full of assholes. Rent is insanely expensive and forget buying a house for a sane price.

I simply can't take it anymore, I will do everything in my power to get out of here. I've lived here for most of my life and the area has definitely gotten far worse over time. It used to be a pretty nice place to live back in the 90s.
>>
>>26517678
But you've never seen true beauty until you've lived in suburban Dallas or Oklahoma City.

How can you be so cruel and ignorant?
>>
File: 1449122553776-0.jpg (85KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1449122553776-0.jpg
85KB, 768x1024px
>>26517679

OP here:

I dated a girl from NOVA last year. She was the hottest girl I ever had the pleasure to bang. Indian, Smart, good sense of humor, Loved men in Uniform, and she was so playful and feisty (very different from most girls in the DMV who are /prettylittleliars/ bots with no personality) but after like two weeks her ex bf got out of rehab and she immediately dropped me for him

Fucking women man
>>
>>26517333
this picture was taken before anyone on this board was even born.....
>>
>>26517678
NJ is south of NYC anon.

Maryland born, Brooklyn living. Never going back.

The suburbs, these days, are basically for poor people and nogs. Everything sucks there and everyone is fat. Hard to even get a decent meal. All they have is hydrogenated crap. Please dress like absolute shit. No attractive women over 18. Suburbs suck.
>>
>>26517804
Well I prefer to believe otherwise.
>>
>>26517741

My mom had to go to radar school in OKC, she said it was literally the blandest place in the universe
>>
>>26517885
It's not really an opinion. Check the shift in real estate prices in the last decade. People with means no longer want to live in the suburbs.
>>
>>26517289
>rather live in the middle of the desert than the suburbs.

You're not the only one. I like open land and I can entertain myself.
>>
>>26517952
That's because she's never been to Tulsa.
>>
File: 4.jpg (40KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
40KB, 600x402px
>>26517971
Yeah, with the desert at least you'd get bad ass views.
>>
>>26517997
>bad ass views

>of sand
>>
>>26517451
Is having residences in multiple cities in multiple states a common thing in the East Coast?

In the West Coast everyone seems to never leave their particular city except for shit like college, after which they immediately go back. I think it has to do with the fact that states in the West Coast are so much bigger than those in the East Coast.
>>
>>26517521
The older I get the more I feel this is true.
>>
>>26518015
Have you ever been to the southwest US? Have you ever been somewhere like the Utah salt flats? Deserts can be quite beautiful. Almost hypnotic.
>>
>>26518016
>Is having residences in multiple cities in multiple states a common thing in the East Coast?
Of course not. I mean, of course, the wealthy have multiple homes, but the wealthy have multiple homes everywhere.
>>
>>26518077
I was memeing, however I would never want to live in one because i can't stand hot weather.
>>
File: YxPYneB.jpg (180KB, 573x633px) Image search: [Google]
YxPYneB.jpg
180KB, 573x633px
>>26518016
>Is having residences in multiple cities in multiple states a common thing in the East Coast?

No, It's just I'm in the Military so I have free housing in DC, but my mailing adress and my weekends are spent back home in NYC because I hate DC so much. After I get out I'm only gonna live in NYC barring unforseen consequences (hipster fucks gentrifying the place and pricing me out of my own city)
>>
California suburbanite here

It's awful, everything was built within the last 30 years. It's all strip malls and residential neighborhoods.
>>
>>26518144
>After I get out I'm only gonna live in NYC barring unforseen consequences (hipster fucks gentrifying the place and pricing me out of my own city)
Um, Anon, I hate to break it to you but....
>>
>>26518144
>(hipster fucks gentrifying the place and pricing me out of my own city)
Not if you do it first you little investor you.
>>
>>26518168

I come back every weekend, I see it happening in Brooklyn, but I live in Staten Island. if we get gentrified, well then I guess I'll have my final stand in the bronx before being swept out and finding some densely populated yet small city in New England to live in
>>
>>26518220
I live in Brooklyn.Happening? It's done. Everywhere north of the bottom of prospect park (except Brownsville & E. New York) is gentrified. I wouldn't worry about SI. The class of people who gentrify neighborhoods aint trying to take the ferry.
>>
File: Zp6CDBW.jpg (41KB, 468x601px) Image search: [Google]
Zp6CDBW.jpg
41KB, 468x601px
>>26518271

I used to think that too, but then the other day I had a night out at the area around the ferry. They're coming
>>
>>26518220
Staten Island is a suburb fampai.
>>
>>26518426
They're not coming. They've been trying to make St. George hip for at least a decade. It's never going to happen. The most you'll see is some of the natives who got pushed out of N. Brooklyn, and maybe some parts of Queens.
>>
>>26518462

Depends on where you are.

It aint as urban as I'd like it to be, but it's better than miles of nothing
>>
File: KJXdl2t.jpg (250KB, 768x1152px) Image search: [Google]
KJXdl2t.jpg
250KB, 768x1152px
>>26518501

I hope you're right senpai
>>
>>26517342
indoors, love the indoors.
i wish i had a house like that all paid for .
You better believe i'd be happy to live in it!
>>
>>26517521
Only if you don't like things. Suburbs are best because while you aren't in the city, you have easy access to all the comforts of it (good food, booze, art, government services, employment). And you also have most of the comforts of rural living, I.E. quiet, less troublesome neighbors (depends on neighborhood obviously) space to do things outdoors, land for yourself and/or your pets, Etc. Suburbs are the best.
>>
File: 6ZuVjWB.jpg (436KB, 2324x3500px) Image search: [Google]
6ZuVjWB.jpg
436KB, 2324x3500px
>>26518729

>Suburbs

>Need a car
>Neighbors who don't give a shit about you
>Homeowners association
>Identical houses
>No public transportation
>Horrible for the enviornment
>Fosters and awful "fuck you got mine" attitude that makes boys into spree shooters and girls into stacies
>>
>>26517289
The suburbs are hell. There's nowhere to go and nothing to do. Everyone just stays in their houses.
>>
>>26518077
Deserts suck dick. Literally the worst landscape in the world.
>>
It's safe and white.

You have to worry about a football going through the window as opposed to a nigger with a gun and a crowbar
>>
>>26517289
The only reason cities are bad is because of the fucking niggers making certain streets YOU GONE GET ROBBED zones.
>>
>>26519092
>>26519115
Probably same fags but this is exactly the reason.
>>
>>26517289
america is fucking ugly, holy shit.
>>
>>26519092
In the US these days the major cities are whiter and safer than the burbs.
>>
>>26517521

RURAL
>unrivaled recreational activities
>fresh air
>peace and quiet
>isolated living healthy for environment
>natural beauty
>authentic, doesn't feel fake

CITY
>humanity apex incarnate
>close access to high quality services
>endless amount of stuff to do, often within walking distance
>tons of jobs
>excellent parks for recreation
>good for environment
>authentic, doesn't feel fake

SUBURB
>cheap, replicated, fake housing
>neighbors are boring turds
>nothing happens
>have to drive everywhere
>recreational facilities are shit
>horrible for environment
>doesn't feel real at all

Yeah, fuck suburbs.
>>
>>26519092
Subs are generally boring because theres not much to do at all but drive up to places for entertainment.
>>
>>26519175
Exactly. DC is a lot safer and whiter (and more expensive) than Prince George's county. Manhattan and Brooklyn are whiter and safer than most of NJ. etc. etc.

US is slowly morphing into the European model, where the major cities are the most expensive/desirable places to live, and everything is poorer and more crime ridden the further concentrically removed you are from the urban center.
>>
>>26519198
Rural is boring and poor as fuck.
>>
>>26519198
>RURAL
>>unrivaled recreational activities
>>fresh air
>>peace and quiet
>>isolated living healthy for environment
>>natural beauty
>>authentic, doesn't feel fake

The meme.

The reality:

poverty, boredom and drug addiction.
>>
no niggers

>not original
>>
>>26519198
I have to agree with this

there is nothing to do in the suburbs but watch TV

all the jobs are an hour a way

can't even go for a night walk or have some fun because the neighbors will call the cops

have to driver literally everywhere in shitty traffic
>>
>>26519198
>humanity apex incarnate
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
The suburbs were designed as a place to raise children. They are not supposed to be entertaining for single adults. If you're bored out of your mind, that's a good thing. It's supposed to give you the motivation to move out of mommy's house.
>>
>>26519447

No where else can you find the highest form of finance, theater, technology, music, art, architecture, research, engineering, food, media, fashion, entertainment, planning, social interactions and density all within walking distance. It quite literally represents the highest humanity has achieved in a single place.

But please, take your laughter to your 52 inch TV you cherish so much in your suburban box that some architect shit out of his ass while falling asleep on the toilet.
>>
Sprawling suburbs like this can be fun if there are a lot of neighbor kids to run around with.
>>
>>26519588
too bad all the neighbor kids are faggots
>>
>>26519635
The grab bag of personalities is part of the fun. When you have no choice but to hang out with whatever assortment of idiots physical proximity brings you life gets pretty interesting.
>>
File: 800px-BrattleboroFall_crop[1].jpg (85KB, 800x310px) Image search: [Google]
800px-BrattleboroFall_crop[1].jpg
85KB, 800x310px
I just wanna live somewhere like this bros
>>
>>26517289
went to high school in THE suburbs

missed out on sooo much ptp by being naive

if only I could go back to rape, loot, and burn it all down
>>
>>26517503
Live in DC proper. Life is so much better across the river
>>
>>26517679
I like NoVA and I'm from NYC
>>
>>26519551
>No where else can you find the highest form of finance, theater, technology, music, art, architecture, research, engineering, food, media, fashion, entertainment, planning, social interactions and density all within walking distance
None of these exist in cities, moron.

My house is worth 1.6 million at the moment, it was worth more before the oil crash.

Stupid teenager thinking I even watch TV
>>
>>26519940
Not the other anon, but i live in nyc and we have all those things you say don't exist. You sound a little crazy fampai tbqh.
>>
>>26520090
>we have those things
At the lowest conceivable level that is only perceived to be anything but trash by pretentious New Money, and the Middle Class which is nearly as bad.
>>
>>26520173
Sorry, you sound a lot crazy fampai tbqh.
>>
i live in a place thats like half suburbian half city i dont mean like a line seperating them but the entire place is like that pretty much. like suburbs kinda but theres also lots of park areas with forests and then busy ass highways really close and stores and shit and the beach its just all in one
>>
>>26517289
I know that fucking feel. It's like the worst aspects of city and country rolled into one
>>
>>26518875
>HOA
The fuck? You have that exactly backwards. Gated communities might have HOAs, but most single family homes will not, and any attached unit (condo or townhome) will.

HOAs for condos in major cities are fucking expensive, too, depending on the amenities.
>>
>>26520243
Where do you live? Sounds nice
>>
>>26520227
>i cant argue so lol ur crazy ecks dee!!!!!!!
>>
>>26519773
Someone from NYC is probably more apt to like what NOVA has become than someone who grew up here and watched the place change. Basically NOVA imported all the North East big city values (but none of the culture, the place is a cultural wasteland.)

NOVA used to be more like the rest of VA -- mostly rural. Then the population started exploding with out-of-staters and foreigners in the late 90s and that has continued to this day. The area changed from a mix of older suburbs and rural land into a never-ending swathe of identical, overpriced McMansion developments. Traffic went from "kind of bad" to "completely absurd" and we now have the worst traffic in the entire country, even worse than LA by some studies. The area became full of transplants and money-chasing, status-obsessed assholes.

The cost of living went through the roof, and now if you want a house close to the capital (where most of the jobs are,) you are looking at spending close to a million dollars... Houses further out cost about half a million but those people are miserable because they commute 2 hours a day in bumper to bumper traffic on 66. The rent is also insane, and all you have to do to see that, is compare what you can get in NOVA (dollar for dollar) with what you get in most cities (excluding NY and SF of course, which are even more overpriced.) I can head out west and get a place that is twice as large for half as much, and I won't be spending hours in traffic every week.

This place blows, and frankly, I can't wait to leave. The quality of life here is shit, the people are boring, pretentious and mean. To each their own though I suppose.
>>
>>26517289
I live in a town about an hour out of London and literally 99% of the people that live here are suits that commute to London and all look like they want to kill themselves.
2/10 would not recommend.
>>
What do you guys think about the suburbs of Atlanta
>>
>>26520339
wait are you describing NOVA or silicon valley?
>>
>>26520302
victoria canada
>>
>>26520284
>any attached unit (condo or townhome) will
Nope. I own a townhouse in the city and there is no HOA. I don't believe any in the city do. All condo's have boards though.
>>
>>26520496
Never been to Silicon Valley but they probably followed the same growth pattern. Except Silicon Valley is powered by tech companies and NOVA is powered basically by federal government spending.
>>
>>26520567
What's the difference? You have a shared exterior. You must pay into a fund for when that shit needs work.

Most single family homes still won't have an HOA, though OP's pic does look like some shitty master planned community.
>>
OP don't lie to yourself you couldn't last 3 days without the fucking internet
>>
>>26520657
>What's the difference? You have a shared exterior. You must pay into a fund for when that shit needs work.
Nope. They're independent entities. I live in NYC. Outside of historical landmarking, we don't have anything like that.
>>
>>26520680

Whenever I'm in the city (and not sad) I barely use the internet. It's only when I'm in suburban DC that I start going on 4chan for hours a day
>>
>>26519272
>>26519267
This so much
At first it's fine but the more you stay the more it degenerates, to the point where you have to leave or it's gonna get worse
>>
File: 1409100306104.jpg (232KB, 834x769px) Image search: [Google]
1409100306104.jpg
232KB, 834x769px
>>26517289
>Moving to Houston in 2 months

Wish me luck lads
>>
>>26521337
if you have an accent or exercise you'll be banging hot lonely milfs daily
>>
Used to live alone in the forests of Maine. The dirt road to my house was the reminder that I loved the place. Plus growing weed was easy af
>>
>>26521244
Look on the brightside in the old days before they had security cameras they were the perfect place to rape women and dispose of their bodies.
>>
>>26520842
I assume then your units are abutting but are separate structures. Like you have your own wall and your neighbor's unit could be torn down leaving yours intact.

That's not what I had in mind when I said townhome though that's just semantics.
>>
>>26519198
Pre 1950s suburbs are not fake tho
>>
>>26521478
a southern accent? who would want that
>>
File: 20131008_145448.jpg (1MB, 2477x1394px) Image search: [Google]
20131008_145448.jpg
1MB, 2477x1394px
Who /smalltown/ here? My towns population is around 700. Tucked away at the base of the woods and base of the mountains in Washington state.

pic related is a 15 minute drive away.
>>
Only New England has stylish burbs in America tbqh

I'm having none of that west side sprawl
>>
File: 1452670592037.jpg (49KB, 429x369px) Image search: [Google]
1452670592037.jpg
49KB, 429x369px
>>26517289
Same desu
I've lived in a suburb my entire life, and it's grown like crazy over the past 22 years. I'd like to live on the outskirts of a small town in a comfy home where I feel like I have fucking room to breath instead of being stuck in traffic when I want to make a left turn anywhere.
I wanna move to Montana or Idaho when I finish college, that'd be nice.
Too bad I probably won't.
>>
File: build wall.jpg (171KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
build wall.jpg
171KB, 960x672px
>>26522277
>Montana or Idaho

forwhatpurpose.jaypegeh
>>
>>26517289
>>26519131

You do realize that not all American suburbs look like that right?

That's basically what the upper middle class parts of the Southwest (and maybe Florida) look like.

Where I live in the Northeast, the suburbs are older, for the most part built more haphazardly (giving it less of that unnatural "uniform" look), and are laid out much differently. Some areas have the strip malls and big box stores on a big commercial strip with little side-roads leading to pre-planned subdivisions, but most of the suburbs here are just small towns and small cities that are really close together (they have a main street/traditional downtown, etc.). Even in the planned subdivisions here there is more variance in the houses though. There may only be 3-4 styles of house but no two look exactly alike. Living in a place like OP's pic where the whole place is identical sounds horrible to me.

I think the metro areas in the Midwest are kind of a middle ground between the two styles (chaotic East Coast sprawl vs. orderly West Coast sprawl).
>>
File: 1435481098701.jpg (278KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435481098701.jpg
278KB, 535x800px
>>26522593
Beautiful scenery, plenty of space, it snows and gets cold
I'd love to live out in the mountains, if only because there's something to look at besides samey housing developments that stretch as far as the eye can see.
Not to disparage my hometown, it was a nice place to grow up, but I need a change of scenery is all.
>>
>>26517342
Real suburbs are great. You get a huge housr, a huge yard and your neighbors are far away enough that you dont hear them unless they spend all their time outside.
>>
File: GOPR3460.jpg (718KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
GOPR3460.jpg
718KB, 2000x1500px
I can see my house from here
>>
>>26519754
I hope you like talking about the same hobbies to every person there: fishing and hunting.
>>
>>26522019

I've always wondered about those small towns in the PNW. What is the culture like there? I imagine it's considerably different than the left-wing hipster/techie style of Seattle and Portland, but I imagine it being different than small-town culture in other parts of the country.
>>
Tfw I do live in the middle of the desert and its fuckin sweet
>>
>>26521931
Thats the best accent in the U.S.
>>
File: 0130161656a.jpg (373KB, 1750x984px) Image search: [Google]
0130161656a.jpg
373KB, 1750x984px
>>26522878
It depends. A lot of small towns vary a lot in personality and change a lot over time. When I was growing up I guess my town had a bad reputation for back woods meth labs. But now its quiet and peaceful. Its pretty tight knit but I know everyone here loves visitors. Especially tourists since we rarely get any. Most people here will welcome you in and ask you to stay for dinner. And what >>26522868 said. Everyone is into hunting and fishing. There is definitely drug and alcohol problem with the younger kids. But you'll get that anywhere.

But really its what you make of it. I enjoy going going on walks around town or out in the woods/up to one of the lakes if its nice. People will smile and wave at you even if they don't know you. But thats just my town. I think its mostly due to the new mayor we got recently. He's really been involved with the community.

Pic related is right outside my window a couple days ago. Its been pissing down rain since.
>>
>tfw grew up in the suburbs in the bay area
>one of the few white families in our neighborhood
>everyone else are just antisocial asians who you would never see outside
>lived in this place from 1st grade through high school and i could probably count on two hands the number of times i saw our next door neighbors
>no idea the names of anyone
>two white families literally live across the street from us and we never say a word to each other
>parents are also shut-ins and don't know anyone in the neighborhood after living here for almost 18 years (i was gone for 4 years for college)

I remember back in elementary school in this neighborhood, even though it was like 60% asian, i was actually a somewhat normal little kid so i knew the white kids who i went to school with. then we just kind of drifted away as i got weirder and more autistic

sigh
>>
>>26523106

A southern accent has the amazing ability to make the speaker sound like an ignorant retard no matter how educated they are
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 500x656px
>>26520339

> dat stuck in 66 traffic feel

You can git gud and know your shortcuts to save some time but even then you are still fucked.
>>
File: 1446359113212.jpg (285KB, 1600x923px) Image search: [Google]
1446359113212.jpg
285KB, 1600x923px
i wish i could live in a place like pic related but maybe with more plains and valleys and not infinite trees
>>
>>26519198
Rural
>privacy
>cheaper land and houses
>hunting and fishing
>jobs are scarce
>car is a requirement

City
>car is optional
>plenty of things to do
>many people to meet
>wide range of jobs
>less privacy
>expensive property and homes

Suburbs
>car is a requirement
>many things to do if you have a car
>people are less social
>widest range of jobs
>some privacy
>homes vary in price and size

I live in the suburbs, but I plan on buying a house in the city. Went to college in the city and loved it.

>>26520284
I live around dozens of newer housing plans that range from 180k up to 1 million. All have HOAs to keep up appearances and property values.
>>
>>26522868

His pic said it was Brattleboro, no? I'm pretty sure that's a real leftie college town. More people there are probably more into pot and indie music than hunting and fishing.

>>26523142

Sounds pretty cool, looks beautiful. I'm from suburban NY and I'd at least like to visit the PNW one day to see if I could live there.

And you're right, the drug and alcohol problem is everywhere. We don't have meth heads but there is a HUGE heroin problem here.
>>
>>26523572
>I live around dozens of newer housing plans that range from 180k up to 1 million. All have HOAs to keep up appearances and property values.

Maybe we need more terms to describe development models. That master planned community shit was invented in the 50s or 60s and only pretty recently caught on again. I grew up in neighborhoods of detached single family homes where each house was different and nobody had an HOA.

It seems large developers control everything now, and it's one of the worst things to happen to America. It's not unique to suburbs. Even in denser areas, a handful of corporations build and poorly manage swaths of identical buildings with ridiculous agreements to rent or own.
>>
>>26517289
>I'd rather live in the middle of the desert than the suburbs.
>tfw you live in the most boring fucking suburb of Phoenix so you get to do both at once
just fuck my shit up
>>
File: TheWaterKnife-PaoloBacigalupi.jpg (149KB, 805x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TheWaterKnife-PaoloBacigalupi.jpg
149KB, 805x1200px
>>26523991

At least you have an interesting future
>>
>>26520339

I live in Fredericksburg and its not too bad. I still see some of Nova creeping down here. We are technically part or Nova but we are different in so many ways.
>>
>>26523363
I know this feel bro. I'm not sure which one is worse, 95 or 66.
>>
>>26523227
Exactly, thats why its the best accent.
>>
>>26519198
>CITY
>authentic

but actually it's the pinnacle of artificial living
>>
>>26523448
I wish there were hills in my area. It's nothing but trees and lakes and steep cliffs.
>>
File: 100_0493.jpg (580KB, 1288x966px) Image search: [Google]
100_0493.jpg
580KB, 1288x966px
Rural is only cool if it's wilderness rural and not endless farmland rural and you're really into the outdoors.

Also you need some amount of money to do cool shit on the regular, but less money than city living.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.