[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get into creative hobby >suck at it >people tell you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1437585687694.jpg (116KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1437585687694.jpg
116KB, 668x712px
>get into creative hobby
>suck at it
>people tell you to practice to get better
>practice
>still suck at it
>practice more
>start to hate hobby but practice more anyway
>people tell you not to waste your time doing something you hate
>>
>>26469281
Try a hobby that rewards knowledge based experience rather than skill based experience. In other words, get away from creative hobbies.

Alternatively, stop feeling the need to share your work.
>>
>>26469320

I hate knowledge based hobbies. I'll know things but nothing comes of it. I have to do something with my knowledge, something has to be made.
>>
File: 1427711284856.gif (2MB, 300x376px) Image search: [Google]
1427711284856.gif
2MB, 300x376px
step one:
Don't listen to people. No seriously. Having people around and socializing with people is fine. But unless you won the fucking lottery the majority of what they think will just be pleb opinion. No matter how much you like them, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt.
Imagine if Death Grips weren't famous and only had a small group of pleb friends that listened to their music. They'd tell them it was fucking garbage and laugh at it. Sometimes you just have to step back and believe in yourself and not listen to the people around you.
>>
Theres a difference between your individual style and mastery.

You hate your hobby becuase you have to get out of your comfort zone if you want to improve.

Tough it out and keep at it.
Take breaks something different if you are hitting a brick wall.
Or just be okay producing picasso tier works .

I dont mind playing the 20 odd riffs and style on my drums.
>>
get learnt, bitch

http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/how-to-acquire-any-new-skill-in-20-hours-or-less/
>>
>>26469466
>Teachers HATE Him!
>Local con-artist acquires omnipotent skill-mastering powers with this 1 WEIRD trick
>>
File: kkk.png (12KB, 444x996px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.png
12KB, 444x996px
>>26469281

Either you have talent or you don't, my friend. Top 20% of the population or bottom 80%. Life is divided along the lines drawn with DNA
>>
>>26469281
What's the hobby? Drawing?
>>
>>26469716

Drwaing, music, writing, I tried to make amateur movies once, and I even tried to be a dancer at one point.

I know I seem scatterbrained, but I'm just thinking there's at least ONE THING I can do that makes me feel like a full human being.

For each one I tried to get into, the community always has people who've realized they wanted to do this since they were young and have made it their lives. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY SO SURE OF THEMSELVES?????
>>
>>26469373
That's why you do something with your life. If you have a meaningful career then your hobby can be something that just gives you joy and friends to discuss things with.
>>
>>26469414
Mah nigga. Listening to Exmilitary right now.
>>
Bumping because relatable feels
>>
>>26469281
You've got have the talent. No amount of practice will make you good at something without talent as a foundation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.