[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else literally stalk everybody they know online?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1452635181193.jpg (148KB, 1020x759px) Image search: [Google]
1452635181193.jpg
148KB, 1020x759px
Does anybody else literally stalk everybody they know online?

I don't have any social media, but I like to find out people's twitter and instagram names and then look at how they're doing. I do this everyday and I usually end up crying because their lives are just so much better than mine.

I feel like a freak.
>>
>>26465024
I do this as well, but I understand how it works because I was always around people that did this. Social media creates a facade that people, such as yourself, buy into. This is the exact same thing that causes people to buy new clothes, new cars, seek other partners, etc. It drives people to consume.

It's all about image and is analogous to the "Keeping up with the Jones" from the 40s and 50s era, except it's digital now.

Fuck their false reality. It's a hologram of an empty vessel. They're only projecting the positive external amenities because any of the bad will reflect a negative image about them and will inadvertently effect their social status among peers (or strangers).
>>
>>26465024
I used to check my facebook pretty obsessively but I only go on every few days now to check if I have any messages ( I never do, kill me lel)
>>
I do this sometimes and I think I'm pretty normal. Like, usually people I vaguely knew in high school but wasn't close with, just because they're exceedingly normal and I'm curious how the other half lives.
>>
>>26465024
I stalk this chick called the Baking Beauty, I wish I could get a gf like her but too afraid to even send her a tweet
>>
>>26465503
Just send her a tweet, man. Don't even overthink it. Do it because you're fucking dope.
>>
>>26465024
> so much better than mine.
No, they're lives are not better. They're just showing you what they want their audience to see. Most normies are just as miserable, if not more than your average robot. Especially the women.
>>
File: 1448186617513.jpg (285KB, 426x266px) Image search: [Google]
1448186617513.jpg
285KB, 426x266px
>>26465555
Nobody's going to witness these quads? Checked, son.
>>
>>26465555
>le highlight reel

i have nothing i want my audience to see, because i have nothing.

also check'd
>>
Used to kind of do it back when I still had social media but, in the past 5 years or so I've only "checked up" on people that I have no contact with like 3-4 times
>>
>>26465664
> I'm a nobody, but think I'm important anyway.
>>
File: 1450733360428.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1450733360428.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>26465727
>i assume things about random people on the internet
>>
>>26465810
What am I assuming?
>>
>>26465935
That I think I'm important.
>>
File: ex_machina_oscar_isaac.jpg (44KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
ex_machina_oscar_isaac.jpg
44KB, 1200x600px
I also triangulate their actual positions with programs I've written.
>mfw working in network security for 7 years and know that companies don't care about securing their products because more costs
>mfw their block functions are probably made by a 14 year old who's been programming for like a week
Golden times
>>
>>26465024
Yeah I do this too.
Normies are extremly stupid when it comes to anonymity. Most of them use the same name everywhere so as soon as you have their instagram (which is easy to find since facebook bought it) you basically have all their accounts. tumblr, twitter, sometimes even forums.

Most of the times it makes me feel better though. You know, most normies have a pretty shit live too. They just have some friends,go to crappy partys and have an ugly bf/gf. Thats basically it. If theres one thing I learned in high school, then it's that normies were bored at home. Seriously. Most of them have literally zero hobbys, and spend most of their time on their smartphones, checking instagram and snapchat. I mean, I have a crappy live but at least I have things to do at home. Even if its just vydia, reading and all this crap.

The only accounts which make me sad are the ones who are actually living a good live. The ones who have a lot of money and go travelling with their partner.
>>
>>26465024
Maybe your life wouldn't be so shit if you didn't spend all your time on this
>>
File: boop.gif (277KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
boop.gif
277KB, 480x270px
>>26465024
>tfw I always used my stuff to show what projects im working on or things I thought were really cool
>go to other people's stuff and its just a giant shithole of empty meaningless content

The closest thing I think to how I use my stuff is to how tumblr works is theres just like a wall of posts about battleships or something but tumblr is only pictures
>>
>>26465555
Hah. That's just what you tell yourself. They may post highlights or funny moments, but the truth is, those are representative samples of their life.

My sister, for example, posts a picture or two every day. Every day of her life has a highlight? Ok, sure, but that is still a pretty fucking awesome life.

You're so miserable the only way you can find some solace is imagining that your misery has company. Guess what, it doesn't. At least, not much. Your life really is worse than normal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.