[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a stem major they said >it's the only way they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1454386529277.jpg (719KB, 824x626px) Image search: [Google]
1454386529277.jpg
719KB, 824x626px
>be a stem major they said
>it's the only way they said
>it's totally worth it they said
I fucking hate my classes and do nothing but work.
I want to kill myself everyday.

Fuck this shit, I'm running away to a commune in Hawaii.

I've came to the realization that if this is the life I get the last thing I want to do is spend it behind a textbook.
>>
>>26460467
But anon, don't you just loooove maths? It's so fun ;^)
>>
You only work hard when you're in school. Once you've graduated you can do 1hr of work/day and the rest just shooting the shit with coworkers.
>>
>I don't wanna work hard, I just wanna play vidya and shitpost all day

I know that feel, but if you drop out of school, you'll regret it HARD later. I guarantee it.
>>
What did you pick? I'm EE and the most work I do is algebra due every other week. I kinda lol at how much stuff like CivE's, ME's, and CE's have to do to justify their existence. Don't me started on Biomeds or Chemical.
>>
>>26460510
Absolute bullshit. Being an engineer is tough work, especially if you're just a regular dude.

>>26460467
Take it easy bruh.
Community College > Public University > Private University

Engineering major isn't that bad if you spend 3-4 hours a day studying/doing assignments. That means no cramming and 21-28 hours a week of studying without procrastination.

Idk how it is for physics or math majors, though. You guys are prob swamped with more work
>>
>He believed le stem meem
>>
>>26460597

Not sure what to tell you. I'm an engineer and 90% of the time I just dick around on the internet and chill with coworkers. Got the highest available employee grade in my company last year, so I don't think it's abnormal unless you actively choose to work in a sweatshop.
>>
>>26460558
Electric eng.

damnit
>>
File: 1444906990822.jpg (58KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1444906990822.jpg
58KB, 653x490px
>>26460467
I feel exactly the same. I hate how circumstances in my life are forcing me into shit I really don't want to do
>>
>>26460597
>math majors
>swamped with more work
If you have the mind for it and aren't in the completely wrong major, math is a fucking liberal arts degree how stupid breezy it is
My prayers go out to the engineering students and their make-work assignments
>>
>>26460467
>commune in Hawaii
You could just switch to a normie degree and go to Chaminade University. My sister is a normie and did that.
>>
>>26460467

the thing about the "STEM" meme is that sure, it may be really hard/boring work that prepares you for miserable cubicle life working with and for absolute asshole corporate-politicians (protip: the worst types of dudes are the ones who were never successful with the ladies but managed to skill up into a high-status job), BUT...

if you're on R9K right now, then chances are you're the type of dude who DOESNT HAVE A CHOICE other than to hunker down and get really good in some hard skill in order to make a living. How else are you going to survive if you don't do STEM? Management? Marketing? Business/Finance? Blue-collar trade?

Making a *decent* living, for most people, involves little more than leveraging their looks and/or charisma to climb the corporate ladder. It is 99% about who you know (even in STEM field), BUT at least in STEM you can have something to show for yourself outside of competing in corporate politics.

Guys like us have GOT to be the ones who can build and run the shit, no exceptions. If you can't schmooze your way through life, you've got to have something solid and tangible to show for yourself to be able to say "i deserve to be employed here". Because otherwise, the only answer to why you deserve to be employed is "how much do i like you"

Im learning this the hard way, climbing my way up in the software industry without having earned the degree in it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.