[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlord stole from me on my birthday.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>landlord ask me to pay him rent this month using sure pay.
>use sure pay
>two days later tells me the money never went to his account.
>go rage mode against bank and end up paying landlord cash.
>month passes
>receive letter from wellsfargo claims stating they can't refund me because transaction already went though.
>landlord planned a elaborate scam where he uses his mobile number through Bank of America and controls which checking accounts he wants to deposit.
>wellsfargo sure pay won't release any information about which bank accounts my money went.
>landlord wins, I loose

Fuck fuck fuck I hate my life. I wish I was fuckin dead. I didn't even get a receipt for the month I payed cash so ruins whole small claims action. KILLMEE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26447928

Bash his fookin 'Ead in with a bat. You daft cunt
>>
>>26447928
shotgun to your face in that house. Landlord would have to deal with cleaning that.
>>
>>26447928
>I loose
You deserve it.
>>
>>26447948
I'm thinking about getting revenge. What should I do? I'll deliver. Anything that not murdering involve.
>>
>>26447928

Don't be greedy op, you don't really need all that money for yourself.
>>
He's letting you stay in his house for a small amount per week, you are free to go and buy your own home you greedy faggot.
>>
>>26448036
Still doesn't justifie stealing from me. He could of just ask for help with electricity bill or something.
>>
>>26447928

im sure your dad will be pissed that you wasted his money like that
>>
>>26448077
I work two jobs and have shitty sleep pattern because of it. And emotionally neglected from my dad since the age of two.
>>
>>26447993

fuck his wife
>>
>>26448001
>>26447980
>>26448036
are you guys for real

kill yourselves
>>
>>26448670
Thanks man. These guys don't get it. Living pay check to pay check with no autism bucks or emotional support. Saving what you can save and then have some spoil brat landlord steal your hard earned cash.
>>
>>26447993
You know where landlord lives?

Contantly report the building so he has to pay for inspections and shit.

If you live in a place that has a housing inspector.

Report gas leaks, electrical outings, mold, any thing that could be a firehazard.

You're rent will be increased to recoup expenses. But you should try to find another place to stay and when you can rent from someone else. fuck up the hallway if you live in a complex. Try to fuck up the piping esp. Sewer if you live in a house.

If its sewage wont notice for a while until the smell gets bad.

Did you get a reciept for both payments? If you did then show them to him. Tell him if this matter cant be handeled between you two tell him that it's really unfortunate . Start lookung for another place. And then take him to court once you have another apartment. Do not threaten to take him to court. They have people to do this task for you,when they serve him the papers
>>
>>26448075
>could of

You deserve everything
>>
>>26448670
>>26449063
lol at these butthurt wageslaves getting angry because Chaim Shekelburger took their hardearned paycheck
>>
>>26447928
Don't do anything rash and put him under investigation, either that or you sue.
>>
>>26449663
you should listen to this guy desu dam
>>
File: Raskolnikov.jpg (52KB, 386x281px) Image search: [Google]
Raskolnikov.jpg
52KB, 386x281px
>>26447948
Yes, do it OP.
>>
>>26447928

Man.

He's probably made so much money over the years doing that.

You have my sympathy, OP.

Show him the letter and threaten to go to the police.

and for god sakes, gets receipts. Landlord are shifty as fuck.
>>
>>26447928
Don't pay rent next month and tell him you already paid.

When he calls bullshit, procure payment logs from this month, mention your cash payment and say you paid him in advance last month.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 750x729px
>>26449663
Yeah that's where I mess up. I have check receipts for pass 6 months but didn't get receipt for that one month after I payed him cash. I also have a string of text messages with him having not matching story and bs. Think I still have a strong case? I also already put my 30 day notice and plan to serve him soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 480x640px
Here's the letter that the bank sent me. I advise everyone to stay far away from wellsfargo. Goto a local credit union
>>
>>26447928
>go rage mode against bank and end up paying landlord cash

Did you get a reciept for the cash? Because you can trace the sure pay. And maybe the cash.
>>
>>26452414
No I didn't. I still live with him so I could ask...but I doubt he'll give me a receipt now.
>>
>>26452535

But does he not acknowledge you paid him the cash at least? Because the surepay can be traced.
>>
>>26450433
>procure payment logs from this month
>payment logs

Not OP but wut?
>>
>>26451737

This is wire fraud, call your local FBI office. I think it's federal because it uses electronic transmission so you have the full power of an intelligence agency on your side if you stop being a self flagellating defeatist and just pick up the phone and call your field office or whatever.
>>
>>26447948
not his head (it's very dangerous) but you get the point.

Smash his fucking face until he gives you a receipt for the next two months.
>>
>>26453043

Originally this.
>>
>>26447928

Have you tried approaching your landlord and simply getting a refund?
>>
>>26453140
So call the FBI on him? Would I still have a strong case if I brought him to small claims?
>>
>>26453238

Well, first off...

>>26453192

Answer this first.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 750x1094px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 750x1094px
>>26453252
Yeah I demanded my refund.
>>
>>26453293
The grandma is behind it all
>>
>>26453293

Tell him the bank confirmed he got the money and you want it back immediately. If he doesn't pursue legal action and start looking for another place to live.
>>
>>26453293
>I know it probably seems like I'm trying to scam you but I don't know how else to prove to you I'm not haha
Ass faced lying.
>>
>>26453238
>So call the FBI on him? Would I still have a strong case if I brought him to small claims?

>>26453337 again.

Yes.
>>
>>26453337
I already found a place to live and I am seeking legal action. So this isn't about rent now, this is wire fraud.

Should I change the small claim to wire fraud?
>>
>>26453293
Text him back right now with that picture of the letter from the bank.
There's no possible way to deny it, banks don't make mistakes like that and they definitely wont send you a letter saying the payment went through when it didn't.
>>
>>26447928
haha! fucked by the jew again!

oi vey
>>
>>26453365

Do both. One is in civil court and the other criminal, but there is no restriction stating you can pursue both.
>>
Just trash his house and move out op. I've seen it happen and there's nothing the landlord can do about it if you move out before he catches you
>>
>>26453293

Don't let him gaslight you.

If he's offering to 'split' it with you, it's just a tactic to keep you at bay.

and the whole 'I'm struggling with money' is also a manipulation tactic. He's trying to play to your compassion.

But I'm sure you know all that by now.
>>
>>26453238

You don't have any evidence to bring to small claims except a hahaha fuck you letter by wells fargo because of privacy regulations they follow or however that happened.

And when you go there you alert the landlord that you're after him.

One possiblity is that he doesn't realize that there's a very clear paper trail that leads to him which can be aquired through subpoenas. And the safer and more confident he feels the better your chances of catching him and recovering your money. You might be due damages too for the hell he put you through.
>>
sigh at op asking r9k for advice....

op i'll give you a starting point for your research

google process of discovery

cbb explaing but if you're serious about getting your money back, you'd do well to put in the effort
>>
>>26453401

Yeah. All the evidence is on your side here. If you just want your money back pursue the claim and initiate criminal proceedings, then suggest a settlement for the amount he owes you.

If you want to fuck him over do both of those things anyway but don't bother with the settlement.

>>26453420

The letter itself is evidence. It mention's the landlord's number and it's the amount of the rent. It's civil court, not criminal, so there isn't high restrictions on evidence and you just need to convince a judge and not a stringent jury.

And even if he knows it means nothing. If he fights to keep the money there isn't much OP can do but wait anyway. If he doesn't fight to keep the money this will speed it up.
>>
>>26453420
But i have a lot of evidence. I have months worth of checks written to him, text conversations, and a witness.
>>
>>26447928
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU WRITE A CHECK?

ALSO NEVER PAY CASH, REALLY

My mom went to pick up dinner from a Italian place. She paid cash to some spic fuck (that acted like he was gonna get change), but he came back and said she didn't pay him.

That's why I never use cash/debit, only credit cards.
>>
>>26453450

You'd do best to find a law student offering services for free to get some advice, as well.
>>
>>26453449

There's a difference between evidence and solid proof.

>>26453450

Yeah but I was concerned about the cash payment you made to him. I mean if he gets a hint of you pursuing legal action he's going to clam up and "forget" you paid him cash. Is that possible? Do you have text convos discussing the cash payment?
>>
>>26453488
>clam up and "forget" you paid him cash
Couldn't OP just bait him through text into acknowledging that he had paid him the $550 in cash?
>>
op just file a statement of claim from your small claims court, it's not hard at all if you put in some reading effort into it.

if you're serious just get a lawyer to do it for you, and that'd be a sure win. your landlord will shit himself once he's received a your legal paperworks and refund both your rent and legal fees.
>>
>>26453488
Yeah me too. That's why I started this whole thread to begin with. When I first moved in I payed with checks only. But after the bank piss me off so I got cash out and payed him thinking he was innocent of wrong doing.
>>
>>26453501
I already did. I'm just worry about that one month I payed cash. But I heard the judge usually looks for a pattern of payment. Which I have a lot of check written to him. Except that one month.
>>
poo poo and pee pee all over and leave
>>
>>26453500

Yeah I was thinking that too. But besides that, cash deposits can be traced right, if you can get your hands on the serial numbers?

>>26453569

Do any of the texts confirm the cash payment though?
>>
>>26453673
Not really except him requesting money and us talking about wellsfargo. I'm thinking about baiting him tomorrow for the cash payment for records.
>>
>>26453795

Did you pull the cash directly from an ATM or a bank teller? Modern ATMs and possibly bank tellers today record the serial numbers of all bills dispensed I believe. And deposited too of course.
>>
>>26447993
break air conditioner right before you move out. short out compressor and drain regrigerant. Also don't use air filters and right before you move throw feathers from a duster or pillow into return air duct,
>>
>>26453828
Awesome man thanks. I remember exact day i took it out and what account. I'll see if I could get a hold of the record tomorrow.
>>
>>26453905
best bet is to bait him into confirming that you paid him the cash in full. DO NOT REVEAL THE BANK LETTER YET. when you do that, he will never admit you paid him cash
>>
>>26447928
>landlord
This implies you don't live with your parents. Therefore you are a normie scumbag who deserves everything. Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.