[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scientists can now erase memories or add new ones. This is b

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: cease.gif (497KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
cease.gif
497KB, 500x376px
Scientists can now erase memories or add new ones.
This is bloody terrifying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/12152337/Scientists-have-discovered-how-to-delete-unwanted-memories.html
>>
If they could erase the shameful memories I have that give me excessive restraint they would create a monster of uncontainable charisma and enthusiasm.
>>
Pretty sure the unabomber wrote something about this possibility.
>>
>tfw the scientist accidentally presses ctrl+a before deleting
>>
Oh shit it's fucking happening son
>>
Don't you guys know what this means? You could erase all your robot memories and get normie memories instead, and transcend into normiedom. I think this is the beginning of something great for all of us. We will be free soon.
>>
>>26445454
>they would create a monster of uncontainable charisma and enthusiasm.
So a normie then?
>>
File: 1411088363943.png (249KB, 967x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1411088363943.png
249KB, 967x1400px
What if they accidentally erase a good memory?

I have very few and I want to hang onto them.
>>
>>26445835
no you don't. any good memories you have are far outweighed by shit. take the chance at a fresh slate
>>
>>26445750
well
not quite
there's a bit more to neurology than memory
your experiences causes a change in your neural development, for example neglect decreases hippocampal density, other learned behaviors can also have an effect on the physiology of the brain and the expressions of certain receptors in certain regions.
these changes in brain structure are the main influence of interpretation of new stimuli and reaction to it, thus behavior.

so you might still be insecure after losing all your negative memories, you just wouldn't have any idea why
>>
>>26445835
Good memories are worthless.
>>
>>26445998
They're one of the only things that keeps me moving forwards.
>>
>>26445321
This is not new, it's called alcohol
>>
>mate gets some memories erased
>start making up shit about how he fucked a goat once
>get your other friends in on it
>he believes it because he had his memory erased
>>
File: 6578978.jpg (51KB, 680x456px) Image search: [Google]
6578978.jpg
51KB, 680x456px
>>26446012
Then you are a faggot. The only thing that keeps a true robot moving forward is escapism.
>>
>>26445321
>you're the guy who took the give I posted
yes, my influence spreads
>>
File: nano.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
nano.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>26445750
It seems we'd still our robotic propensities due to our bodies and current brains. Altering memories =/= altering genetics. Perhaps those damaged psychologically by traumatic memories could be benefited, but they must be a minority in /r9k/.
Other psychological issues aren't necessarily attributed to memories.
>>
>>26446012
Exactly. If you didn't have them you would stop struggling pointlessly like a fish in a net and instead enjoy your last few breaths before your eyes go dim.
>>
>>26446027
>tfw have a perfect memory no matter how drunk I get

am I doing it wrong
>>
File: goaway.jpg (26KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
goaway.jpg
26KB, 500x377px
>>26446033
HAHAHAHA UPVOTED AND POSTING THIS ON R/4CHAN RIGHT NOW AND THEN FACEBOOK AS WELL DO YOU HAVE INSTAGRAM BRO LOL HAHAHAH I LOVE MEMES!!!!!!! AND GOATS LOL THAT SHIT IS FUNNY SO FUNNY HAHAHA I AWARD YOU GOLD :^)
>>
>>26446065
You drink like a pussy
>>
File: lebrion_jappers.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
lebrion_jappers.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
>>26445750
>hurr hurf "trauma" is what makes people's lives shit
>>
>>26446053
You think anything to do with the personality, except maybe minor situations or decisions that might end up screwing you over have to do with the shape of the brain?
>>
>>26446123
I've never drank anything less than 80 proof... I try to keep going until I can't think straight. Don't want to do so much I pass out though. Might as well go to sleep at that point.
>>
>>26446172
Yes. This is evident due to my own condition (ABI).
>>
>>26445750
No. Trauma is a woman meme. It has no effect on me because I enjoyed the attention even when negative tqbh. It is the lack of attention that creates the angst of a robit.
>>
File: 1454264202526.png (279KB, 1492x2185px) Image search: [Google]
1454264202526.png
279KB, 1492x2185px
>>26446046
Does saying those mean things make you feel like a big guy?
>>
>>26446218
>(ABI).
what's that?
>>
Plz erase my memories it sux
>>
>>26446671
Acquired brain injury, due to an ischaemic stroke during my adolescence. It's what ultimately had rendered me a robot.
Such brain injuries can be acquired by other means, such as alcohol related and tumours.
It's learned to be lived with, but ultimately the damage has been done. The altering of memories would change nothing in these cases unfortunately, as there's dead brain tissue.
>>
I'm sure erasing a bad memory is not gonna erase the psychological damage that came with it. You'd still be a nervous beta you just wouldn't know why.
>>
File: fag.png (111KB, 754x271px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
111KB, 754x271px
>>26446671
>ABI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acquired_brain_injury

(You) already sit in mommy's basement all day is google really that hard
>>
>by the time you die of natural causes scientists will have figured out how to scan your whole brain and reconstruct memories and will do so as standard procedure for all fresh corpses
>even in death normies will laugh at your embarrassing experiences
>>
>>26445321
But can they cure autism yet?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.