Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
4chan and you!
2016-02-12 15:43:39 Post No. 26435463
4chan and you!
Post No. 26435463
So, you're a woman and you want to post on 4chan? Great! We value your contribution to this site. 4chan is a place where everyone has a say, regardless of their race, gender, nationality, political affiliation, or otherwise. Just remember to stay on topic, as each thread has its own essential purpose for being created! You wouldn't want someone butting in and talking about pretty dresses while you're trying to have a discussion on cute shoes, would you? I didn't think so! Since we've gotten that out of the way, we can move on to some of the most important things to keep in mind while posting on 4chan:
1. Nobody cares that you're a woman! If the topic doesn't explicitly require your gender to be stated, then it doesn't matter!
2. If you think anybody cares that you're a woman, you should probably reconsider your reasons for posting in the thread! This is called ``bad form'', and should be avoided for the sake of keeping conversations relevant and fair to all posters.
3. Feeling like you *really really* have to state your gender? Don't worry! There are many websites on the internet which will accommodate your needs! For this reason, we recommend Reddit, Facebook, Imgur, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter, to name just a few!
4. Having a bad day, and just need to let off some steam? We understand! Everyone feels a little down now and then. It's an everyday fact of life! However, 4chan is ``not your personal blog'', as they say, and the sites mentioned above should be referred to in all such situations. They'll be more than happy to cheer you up!
5. Looking for male attention, and just don't know what to do? That's OK -- places such as OKCupid, Plenty of Fish, and Tinder were created specifically with you in mind! Less is more in this case; and the less you mention your gender on 4chan, the more we can all get out of each and every thread!
These are just some basic things you should be aware of while posting! And remember: if your gender isn't relevant, don't mention it!