[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting uni this year. Should I even try to pretend to be a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 848484943.png (143KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
848484943.png
143KB, 1024x749px
Starting uni this year.
Should I even try to pretend to be a normie?

How are you uni robots holding up?
>>
>>26433343
Eh go for it

I did it this year and if you're not fully autistic and don't wear autism shoes/clothing you can fit in just fine.
>>
Excuse the meme but just be yourself. You'll find people to fit in with (join societies and whatnot).
>>
>>26433343
>Should I even try to pretend to be a normie?
no. you'll find more friends being yourself
>>
>>26433401
I wear normal clothes but I'm still very shy.
I don't think I'd be able to pull it off
>>
>>26433343
>How are you uni robots holding up?
just dropped out
gonna start over in october
sweet NEETdom until then
FeelsGoodMan
>>
if you're a true robot university will be the worst time of your life and it'll eat away your soul
>inb4 le be yourself, join societies and meet people
>>
>>26433343
Saw lots of sweaty neckbeards when i was in orientation.

I think i might even make a friend.
>>
I reinvented myself in college.

Here's what I did:

During the summer I went overseas on a backbacking trip from beijing to chengdu.
Going to a country where you barely speak the language and get forced into situations will really help you break out of your shell.

I went from being afraid of taking initiative to not giving a fuck at all.

After I started the year I hit up as many people as I could. I think I had like 50 numbers in my phone in the first week.

real talk I only talk to like 5 of them after the first semester, but it's just trying to make opportunities.

I also tried to join a frat, I actually got a bid but it was more for the experience of pledging because I was bored. Basically it's the ultimate normie test, if you can hang with a top house frat full of chads, you've made it.

Eventually I found my close friend circle of 5-6 good looking guys and now for next year we're getting a house together.

I went from the quiet asian kid in highschool who tagged along random social groups trying to fit in to pretty much fully normie passing.

The only thing that gives my power level away is the fact my dorm is still plastered with anime, but who cares, the girls actually don't mind surprisingly.
>>
>How are you uni robots holding up?
First year, haven't really made any friends so far. I hate even being at uni so I mostly stay at home and skip lectures.
>>
I've done pretty well because I somehow found another robots and we kinda stay together and pretend to be normies when needed (group works normally require this pretending)
>>
>>26433719
Can't join a frat if you are fat short and ugly. :(
>>
>>26433343
No, go to class and go home. People have started talking to me this semester to copy my code in CS class because I know how to program and I hate it.
>>
>>26434749
This
Don't even bother unless you like having parasites feed off of you.
>>
>>26434030
every frat has that 1 short fat kid they keep around to make fun of.
>>
3rd year in uni, haven't talked to anyone (not even my roommate) all this time except for group work.
>>
I tried to make friends and join clubs and even felt like I was making progress the first two years, but now I still have no friends and no changes seem to have stuck. This makes me think there is something about me fundamentally off-putting to people but I don't know exactly what
>>
I'm struggling, but I also have other complications which affect my progress. It's my third year, due to that as well as dumbshit choices. My advice to you is to visit your advisor ASAP, figure out what classes you NEED to take (need being keyword) and then enroll as fast as you can in those classes.
Second thing is to always go to class.
Third is just do your homework.
Last is just pass. Don't fail your classes, it's a huge waste
>>
>>26433343
You should find a fair amount of brobots among the normies, so you don't necessarily have to "become normie" and make friends with people you know you won't even like. But you do need to befriend people. No sitting in your dorm room in the dark all day
>>
If you are incapable of immediately talking to people on your hall/in your dorm or whatever the fuck you call it then it isn't worth. Unless your ok with eating alone and doing all your work by yourself, which is why I do
>>
>>26433343
from first days I tried very hard to overcome the anxiety and start socializing to the point it became pretty easy and automatic
>feelsgoodman.png
but no gf, wutever
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.