[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /r9k/, my depression literally vanished into thin air sometime

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1452740581552.gif (418KB, 300x144px) Image search: [Google]
1452740581552.gif
418KB, 300x144px
Well /r9k/, my depression literally vanished into thin air sometime around yesterday, and I felt happy for the first time in three years. Somehow, the whole "IT GETS BETTER" meme worked out.

Oh yes, I know that depression never goes away, and that it's going to come back sometime soon with an even bigger, harder throbbing cock to ram up my ass unlubed, but might as well enjoy my time like this.

My advice for the numerous suicidal bots that I've seen posting on here: wait a bit. Just wait a bit, and try to beat the odds like I did. No harm in doing that, you were going to off yourself into the eternal void anyways, weren't you?
>>
>>26430047
Well, if you ever feel down talk to us
>>
File: 1380259318041.jpg (110KB, 811x811px) Image search: [Google]
1380259318041.jpg
110KB, 811x811px
>>26430047
OP, this happened to me. Turns out my clinical depression went bipolar somehow.
>>
>>26430112
Yeah, that's why I'm terrified. Depression can completely go away sometimes, bipolar is with you until you die.
>>
My depression went away a week ago for no apparent reason for about an hour. It was easy to smile, I was excited for all the little things in life, and I talked to people I knew in person in my head for a little while that I can't normally talk to besides one sentence conversations. I was happy for the future and I didn't want to sleep, but I eventually passed out and woke up dead inside. Just enough to remember what not having depression feels like to contrast to my usual life.

I truly hope it last for you :)
>>
protip: taking magnesium can bring this feeling to come about way more often. Had to go without it for a while and I couldn't stop thinking about killing myself till I got back on it.
>>
File: ernesto-che-guevara-l21.jpg (205KB, 782x650px) Image search: [Google]
ernesto-che-guevara-l21.jpg
205KB, 782x650px
>>26430130
The anon you're replying to here.

Anon, if you want a single chance of the misery not coming back, leave this place. Just fucking go, any time you click here you should be reminded that you should be reminded that you should not and will not be here.

This place warps your mind, it drags you down into despair and misery no matter how hard you fight. It's because it's filled with negativity and when that's all you see and know you start being influenced by it.

Go, robot. Save yourself for the both of us.
>>
>>26430130
>bipolar is with you until you diebipolar is with you until you die

Not necessarily. Not that guy but I haven't had a manic episode for like 3 years now and I don't see it happening again.
>>
>>26430156
I'm bipolar and magnesium helps me a ton.

Magnesium can also help sleep and help reduce caffeine tolerance.
>>
>>26430146
Yeah, this shit is pretty sadistic, seems to like to let us know what we're missing.

to be truthful, my oneitis and i started dating recently, and she's been really supportive of me, and is probably the main reason that i'm getting better. i know, reeee and all that, but trust me, getting a gf after so long doesn't take away my metal skin, robots.
>>
File: 135432567536.jpg (67KB, 484x593px) Image search: [Google]
135432567536.jpg
67KB, 484x593px
>>26430156
If I'm remembering correctly, that's because magnesium is an NMDA antagonist. NMDA antagonists are proven to have very potent anti-depressant effects. But you'd be better off taking some MXE every week imho.

If magnesium is indeed the element I'm thinking of, here's a fun fact: it's theorized that your brain releases a shit ton of magnesium right before you die to protect you from the oxidative stress, and it makes you basically have a mini dissociative trip with hallucinations and divine experiences and everything. That's what causes so-called near death experiences.

I am just filled with useless information. I'm a hoot at parties.
>>
>>26430184
Wait, other people have a caffeine tolerance for the depression part? I'm not fucking alone in that? That's kind of a surprise, to be quite truthful. relative.
>>
>>26430184
Same thing really, it helps to stabilize my moods and ward off any manic feelings. Truly wonderful that it has enabled me to be medication free. Taurine can act as an anti-psychotic too.

I'd cut out of the caffiene if you're consuming it though, I was mad for it, especially when on the meds but it's just another thing that could bring on a manic episode outside of sleep deprivation.

I have found so far for myself at least, as long as I am getting a good amount of sleep, eating properly through the day, keeping hydrated with water, taking magnesium glycinate that I haven't had an episode since.
>>
File: smug feels.jpg (73KB, 567x713px) Image search: [Google]
smug feels.jpg
73KB, 567x713px
>>26430241
>have schizoaffective disorder
>the doctors have strongly warned me that I need to get regular sleep or there is a 100% chance I will become psychotic
>been going on Adderall binges for the past month, sleeping once every four days, with no intentions of stopping myself
>>
>>26430222
Very interesting Anon, I appreciated that. Also I'd rather just go the natural route, as you said yourself it's quite potent and for a very good reason. It serves over 300 biological functions within the body, and it is very hard to get naturally in a modern diet, meaning a ridiculous amount of people are deficient. There is always such an importance put on vitamins, and a lot of people forget about minerals and what they do for us.

I honestly believe a lot of robots who did magnesium therapy would feel so much better, it's amazing for anxiety as well and this is coming from someone who used to abuse benzos.
>>
>>26430306
you do you senpai, sounds like a fun time
>>
>>26430306
Gives you an excuse to "accidentally" shoot up some normies during a psychotic episode, anon ;)
>>
>>26430216

From my experience of getting a girlfriend, I deal with it by completely removing my life and replacing it with theirs.

I'm happy until I'm alone.

I can do things that make them happy, but I feel like nothing they can do can make me happy besides be happy and let me enjoy it vicariously.
>>
I remember the last time I felt happy.

I drank half a bottle of whiskey and watched lupin the third.

The depression came back when I started to sober up.
>>
>>26430047
also coffee some antidepressant effects.
>>
>>26430423
Well anon, I hope that you get the same stroke of luck that I somehow did.

Or if it comes back, I hope that you don't get the slap in the face that I did.
>>
>>26430166
This happens when you read bad threads (99% of 4chan) and don't filter them. Anybody who doesn't filter is lurking the wrong way.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.