[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point so you drop a friend?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
I have a friend who I've known for 18 years. Wow. Just typing that I feel really old. I'm sure a lot of you aren't even 18 yet.

Anyways. This friend had been in the state of mind as he was 18 years ago. Very immature both socially and mentally.

I am considering cutting him out of my life all together because whenever we hang out he just talks about negative stuff like how much his life sucks etc etc...

I am moving on, and so is every one of our mutual friends. He is being left behind. I think I only talk to him because I feel an enormous amount of pity and sorrow for him. But he refuses to even try to improve his life.

At what point do you just drop it?

Pic somewhat related. Not really though.
>>
He'll kill himself eventually, whether or not you cut him off. One option will just speed up the process.
>>
>>26424662
what happend with this guy? he post on pol about his broken life.
>>
>>26424662
>Wow. Just typing that I feel really old. I'm sure a lot of you aren't even 18 yet.
That was very unnecessary.
>>
>>26424746
Offended, m8?
>>
>>26424662
he sounds like a robot
>>
>>26424746
I agree. Very problematic.
>>
I know the kind of person you mean. If he drags you down and you cannot help him help himself, drop him.
>>
>should I leave this person completely alone and with no friends because I get slightly annoyed by him being depressed
Do normies even understand empathy or compassion?
>>
Same situation as you. I've been friends with a guy for 20 years. We grew up playing sega, n64, ridings bikes and whatever else 90 kids did.

Now all he does is drink 15 beer a day and smoke weed. We used to go quading, shooting and 4x4ing. Now when I go over we just sit in his shop (that he lives in) with no heat, power or water. He will harass me to drink beer and get high every time I go there. I usually say no and when I do the whole visit turns in to him trying to convince me to drink.

I usually invite him out to do things but he always says no. I have ignored him for 4 weeks now. I might just cut him out of my life but it is hard because I have known him for so long.
>>
>>26425038
I think you are doing the right thing ignoring him.
>>
>>26424662
>>26425038
What in the fuck? Have you guys seriously never even thought about communicating with them? You want to just abandon them without explaining why or giving them any chance?
>>
>>26425079
I figured the idiot would have gotten the hint by now. He'll invite me to get shit faced and I'll invite him out to do something like skiing or another event.

same old shit.
>>
>>26425079
I cut my drug addict highschool friend 3 hears ago
He called me, who know why probably because he needed money or was looking for help
I didn't pick up
He never called me again
>>
File: 1450610789836.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1450610789836.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>>26425038
>tfw my friends abandoned me because I didn't want to binge drink, graffiti/vandalise and smoke tobacco or marijuana
Sometimes I wonder if the legal/health repercussions would have been worth having friends...
>>
>>26425079
You're young and inexperienced. I envy you b

Talking it out and giving advice gets old, very quickly. It gets tiring. I don't know what else to say. You've never been in a situation like me and the other guy. It's hard, very hard, but there comes a point in a mans life where enough is just enough and it's time move on.
>>
>>26424955
Awwww did it happen to you anon?
Shame not all of us can have that special buddy to help us through our depression
>>
>>26425196
I know what you mean. I am the guy you quoted.

I used to smoke weed with friends but stopped hanging out with them when they started using cocaine, mdma, and some other stuff. I lost contact with them because we had nothing in common.

I wonder if my life would have been better if I started using with them.
>>
>>26424955
>18 years
>"slightly annoyed"
Dumb fuck
>>
>>26425214
>>26425241
What's it like being a legitimate sociopath?
I'm curious
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.