[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well lads, it all makes sense now. Today my mom called me at

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: sheemendeemin.jpg (50KB, 254x613px) Image search: [Google]
sheemendeemin.jpg
50KB, 254x613px
Well lads, it all makes sense now.

Today my mom called me at uni just to talk for a bit, and I asked her if I ever had an IQ test because I had read some article about a young man that was very intelligent but ended up killing himself at age 21 because he "didn't fit in" and felt lonely/different. The article mentioned for individuals to be considered "gifted" their IQ had to be 130 or above (idk where that figure comes from). My mom said she thinks I had an IQ of 131. The article mentioned some things about these people having heightened emotional responses, and might go an entire day distracted by a new song they heard because for some, music is a more intense and emotional experience. This resonated with me and was part of the reason I felt inclined to ask her about my IQ to see if I "qualified" for feeling this way. And even still, idk how much an IQ test "qualifies" you for anything.

Well then about an hour later she called me back, and told me I may have mild aspergers.

I'm 19 and have poor social skills. I've been depressed for years. I really dislike school, and always find it difficult to concentrate on studying because I always have something else to focus on or think about that I usually obsess over. I also have a hard time making friends and am bad at making eye contact.

She said she noticed when I was younger that I was different, and that if I was asked what to do in certain social situations, I wouldn't know what to do, whereas my brother would. She said I'm not too good at picking up on social cues.

When she told me this, I was actually smiling because it made so much sense. Also because "lmao sperglord of course you're a fucking autist".

She said I just need to work harder at being social, even if it's uncomfortable. She knows I tend to shy away from people, even if they would want to talk to me, and maybe that's why I've been having a tough time making friends.

What a way to end my day.
>>
Well, good. I am in the same situation. I just don't plan on changing myself. I just interact with normies at a minimum.
>>
>>26422905

It really doesn't make a difference, though.

It's still a weakness you have to overcome.

So don't let the idea that your failures were predestined get to your head.

With toil you can overcome your depression and social anxiety.

I should know, I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm in my 30's now.

Try not to waste too much of your youth, now. You only get a few years before you get fat and lame like me.
>>
It's a useless label.

Does it really bother you if you have the spergs according to some half meaningless criteria?

I have >130 IQ and plenty of social ineptness and if that makes me a sperg, so be it - makes no difference to me.

Do read a book on body language though. Other people have done the hard work of picking up on social cues for you, you just have to remember it. It's kind of interesting just watching people and seeing how much of what they're feeling you can assume from their body language.
>>
>>26422905
>130
>gifted

Pick one. You're not even MENSA tier. The reason you don't fit in is because you're a cunt. Kill yourself.
>>
>>26422905
Could have just said
>called mom today
>found out I'm autistic
>>
>>26422988
I don't think the typical IQ test is all that well correlated with intelligence for spergs. I think spergs just have a natural aptitude for that sort of thinking, which doesn't effectively carry over into much else.
>>
File: 1454641795304.jpg (14KB, 527x316px) Image search: [Google]
1454641795304.jpg
14KB, 527x316px
>>26422988
130 is gifted territory though, what you are thinking is genius territory which is even higher
130 is math PhDs territory
>>
>>26422959
>dude literally has defective brain

>just overcome it bro

you are fucking cancer incarnate

OP i feel you, over here there is no decent doctor to properly diagnose me but i am 100 sure i have asperger or autism

just stay home if you can it's what i do, we really have no chance
>>
File: 1452737460544.jpg (724KB, 1023x671px) Image search: [Google]
1452737460544.jpg
724KB, 1023x671px
>>26422905
lmao

>he fell for the iq meme
>>
nah man don't buy that shit

she's your mom, she's just sympathizing with you

shouldn't don't take an IQ test seriously either, literally no incentive to do so

MENSA's an advertisement of wasted potential for most members

"oh man my minimum wage employee's a mensan, better not anger him oh wait probability and charisma comes into play here never mind"

you risk taking it for granted and potentially being stuck in your current position

just my take on it though, it's not positive but you won't find positive from a stranger
>>
>>26423085

Nobody said it was going to be easy.

All I'm saying is that every person has some sort of shitty defect or weakness. And what separates the broken, shitty human being from the functioning one is the ability to either gain the strength to bruteforce your way through shoring up your weakness, or coming up with an appropriate coping strategy to get as normal a life as you can manage.

It's just ASD, man. They throw that diagnosis around like candy these days.
>>
>>26422905
>gifted
Holy shit I was never told my IQ, but I was put into my schools gifted student program after taking an iq test.
>>
>>26423209
>They throw that diagnosis around like candy these days.

I'm pretty sure they don't, there is nothing to be gained out of that, just creating more people on welfare, no one wants that.

Also your advice is basically telling someone without a leg or a non-functioning leg to train for a fucking marathons so someday he maybe could join one. This is how stupid you sound.
>>
>>26423085
Mild-aspergers isn't fucking Downes syndrome. You have a few crossed wires and some things that are normally instinctive are not instinctive to you but that doesn't mean you can't teach yourself to understand and adapt. I've been diagnosed with the same thing as OP and although it's taken me a few years I have got better at not sperging out.
>>
>>26423299

I'm a teacher. School diagnosticians are seriously encouraged to be loose with the diagnoses they give, because once a student has a diagnosis, they qualify for 504 modifications(special ed lite), welfare, and other benefits.

There's literally no downside to an ASD diagnosis because you don't have to enroll a child in a special ed program, you can just get them 504 mods so they're treated with kid gloves and get special services, you get welfare and shit, and the student still remains in mainline classes with a normal graduation plan.
>>
>>26422905
Back in elementary/middle school I was involved in the sort of stuff described by >>26423382 and as part of getting out of the system I had to take an IQ test. They never told me the exact results bu they did say it was "extremely high." I'm pretty sure they were lying to make me feel good since I'm a stupid piece of shit, but whatever. My parents are pretty delusional and think I'm completely normal for some reason. Part of me wishes they'd start hating me because I feel pretty guilty about it.
>>
>>26423004
Yeah but an autist has to dissect and give every detail of the story (some anyway)

Source: am autist
>>
File: aaaybreh.png (535KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
aaaybreh.png
535KB, 550x550px
OP here. I'm not taking this as an excuse to wallow in my spergness. I have been working on social skills and I've been getting better over time, and although I can see some symptoms present in my own life, it's by no means an intense difficulty that makes my life hell. Just going to try and focus on getting better at picking up on social cues, etc.

Also, I don't really care about IQ, only reason I brought it up was because of that article I read.

I just thought it was funny because

> god I'm such a failure
> no friends
> referencing autism jokingly on the internet
> mom: u might have mild aspergers lol
> well damn
>>
Lol you're a fucking faggot, OP

It's okay I am too
>>
>>26422905
Try being at the 99.95th percentile. They say that two people can communicate fully so long as they are within 20 points of each others' IQ's. That means I can connect with only 1/50 people.
>>
I'd be your friend OP. Sperglords make the best friends
>>
>take IQ test in middle school
>133
>take one as adult
>101

Welp
>>
>>26425644
What IQ test?

All of you people need to be more specific. Standard deviations vary.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.