[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you started saving up money to go to an ayahuasca

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: 51[1].jpg (186KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
51[1].jpg
186KB, 1024x683px
Why haven't you started saving up money to go to an ayahuasca retreat in Peru to cure your depression? I understand it's expensive and costs 2-3k USD, but according to a lot of people, taking ayahuasca with shamans almost guarantees you a life changing epiphany and become truly happy in yourself. Sounds like a great investment to me.
>>
File: 1443621822955.jpg (762KB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1443621822955.jpg
762KB, 3508x2480px
>>26412100
i dont buy this 'take a psychodelic substance and change your life' meme.
>>
>>26412100
When I see some real studies, maybe. Until then, it's no better than meme plants or placebo "antidepressant" pills. There's a reason alternative medicine is separate from medicine: it doesn't work.
>>
Everyone says it works because they're too embarrassed to admit they were retarded enough to buy into a dumbshit scam that doesn't work.
>>
>>26412151
Ever take one?
>>
yeah it's not that great. And if you are from the US, you can come to Monterrey, that's like 3 hours from the border and have ayahuasca sessions in the mountains inside some cabins. It's not a life changing thing, but I do agree it's worth the experience. Also, in some people it doesnt take effect, despite taking several rounds, while others with just one can already be crying buckets and talking to God.
>>
>>26412100
There's no way it's only 2-3k
That's not including airfare is it?
an acquaintance of mine went down for 2 weeks.
I would love to do it if my mental health was guaranteed in some way but I worry about potential underlying mental instability and having a psychotic break.
>>
>>26412155
I wonder if ayahuasca could be real medicine rather than alternative medicine if it wasn't illegal to do research with it
>>
What makes an ayahuasca experience different from shrooms or lsd
>>
>>26412155
They have done medical studies with psilocybin.
>>
>>26412214
There's a reason it's illegal.
>>
>>26412223
What is that reason?
>>
i did this on shrooms already.
my entire life flashed before my eyes.

it was weird because this time we did it all as a group of friends, but when we were all tripping i kept isolating myself from everyone, that's all i remember.
i just remember leaving the room any time someone came into it.
my friends were going apeshit out of their mind and screaming and crying, but my shit was just purely introspective.
i learned a lot about my mental fortitude. it takes A LOT for me to come unraveled even when i'm extremely drunk i'm pretty tame.
>>
>>26412223
i'm glad that there being a reason is enough to satisfy your unquestioning mind but i for one would like to know why
>>
>>26412100
>buying an epiphany
>putting a price on enlightenment
We are irredeemable.
>>
>>26412238
>>26412252
It's classed as a schedule 1 drug. This means it has a high chance for abuse, has no accepted medical uses, and isn't particularly safe. It's on tier with heroin.
>>
>>26412223
I dont if it has to do with the fact that it would be unethical as ayahuasca plants take like 15 years to grow. Also, as far as i know native indigenous from Mexico are legal to use it because they have used it for their rituals since many years ago, while others are supposed not to.
>>
>>26412100
If I could just do that legally in a city in my country I'd do it
>>
>>26412223
how is xanax, the most over-prescribed and addicting antianxiolitic in the country, legal but something that has never killed someone, has no potential for addiction, and has been used for thousands of years is?
>>
>>26412151

this stuff works and won't even consider trying it just because you don't "buy it"?

are you 12?
>>
>>26412309
do you honestly believe that, like can we not troll for just a second?
>>
Why do americans have to take psychedelics to realise things everyone else already knows?

>woah dude weed lmao, capitalism, is like, woah, pretty destructive man, woah, dude ayahuasca
>woah dude, shrooms, like maybe racism is bad dude, woah, this is bizarrre!
>>
>>26412309
marijuana is schedule 1 too. saying its on tier with heroin proves you're ignorant on the matter because heroin is a completely different thing that is synthesized from entirely different plants with different chemicals etc etc
you should not speak on matters you know little about
>>
>>26412223

Yeah you're right: Someone can't make money out of it.
>>
File: 53703127.jpg (36KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
53703127.jpg
36KB, 500x319px
>>26412223

>i bulive erytin the gubment tels mee
>>
>>26412339
Nah, I'm just a bitter shitposter, you got me dude.
>>
>>26412309
All of those claims are false. Psilocybin is on the same tier as well, both have shown use in neuroscience, have zero chemical dependency and psychedelics are pretty harmless when taken right.
>>
>>26412371
>when taken right
This is why it's illegal. Any illegal drug can be harmless and recreational when taken right, but you can't trust people to actually know what to do with themselves.
>>
>>26412367
I'd smoke you up if I could buddy
>>
File: 1449954809509.gif (665KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1449954809509.gif
665KB, 500x280px
>>26412367

bait tss bait tss bait tss bait tss bait tss bait tss bait tss bait tss grooving
>>
>>26412346
i figured out that life comes down to one thing, can you guess what it is?
>>
>>26412386
that's pure fallacy, you can kill yourself with tylenol or nyquil if you took enough
>>
>>26412100
The psychedelic experience is a doorway which leads to a hallway which leads to only what you want to find within yourself.

In other terms, a drug is nothing but a high-yield (fast but not perfect) technique to reach partly what your reason and heart cannot achieve fully in your opinion. If anything, it is a total lack of confidence in your reason and in your abilities to philosophy to be at ease with life; ease which remains unlikely, given that the choice of doing these drugs with the goal of opening your awareness and opening your mind is already a sign of close-mindedness and poor ability to reflect.

QQQ
>>
>>26412394
>tfw you will never smoke out half the board
That would be one hell of a sesh. The funny shit that would go down would be incomparable.
>>
>>26412430

Can you imagine how many panic attacks there would be? And robots just standing in the corner staring at the wall and shit.
>>
>>26412386
>but you can't trust people to actually know what to do with themselves.

yeah you are right. let's just leave those psychs to the black market. that will solve the problem. and just throw every users in jail.
>>
>>26412425
And it can hopefully cure my total lack of self confidence
>>
>>26412425

true. but some people feel like they need psychedelics. let them make their own choices. you are not better than them.
>>
>>26412386
not him, but the whole point of going to these retreats is to be in prime care from people who have had generations of experience using the substance.
>>
>>26412507
>implying it's not full of fucking tourist traps
>>
File: thumbthemoon.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumbthemoon.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>26412494
If they truly appreciated the effects of psychedelics they could have a breakthrough experience and never need to touch the shit again. Instead, most keep going back to it hoping to gain more introspection. Psy can only get you do far.
>>
>>26412494
I remember when Matthieu Ricard went to my uni to give talk about the brain modification through meditation, at one point he starts to answer questions from the crowd and this one guy says
>What do you think about who use psychedelics to meditate
I laughed
>>
>>26412623
i said you were right. butcontrolling the behavior of people is the wrong way to go.

>>26412629
good for him? psychedelics can help treat issues like depression, addiction etc they can give people insight. i get your drift. but you know, people are going to be people
>>
>>26412623
>>26412755
I'm not him, was just jumping in. I agree with the both of you.
>>
I plan to go to link related by myself this summer. Sounds legitimate and I feel social anxiety wont be that bad if i'm surrounded by tribesmen and other depressed people. What might ruin the experience would be a bunch of stacies and chads going with their friends just to trip on DMT and have sex in the jungle. I'm planning to take the 12 days program seriously in desperate attempts to improve my pathetic self.

http://templeofthewayoflight.org/
>>
>>26412155
>There's a reason alternative medicine is separate from medicine: it doesn't work.
Ever think that it actually does work, but there is no incentive for companies to invest in it?
>>
>>26412325
People have died on ayahuasca, the shamans will bury your body in the jungle and say to the police, 'yeah he left Sunday' I know a guy who went nuts and stabbed his friend
>>
>>26412155
Check out Dr Rick Strassman's work on DMT. Though he doesn't guarantee it will cure your depression, it's definitely not a placebo and everyone who's taken the substance has had the same "eye-opening" experience for better or for worse. There are a lot of people like the girl in the link who have had life changing experiences from ayahuasca so it can definately work for some people.
>>
>>26413117
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAXRnFSa03s
>>
>>26412100
sounds like Latino cockroaches trying to exploit young, dumb, moneyed white people

Ted Kaczynski said that he felt like his life was right when he was living in isolation as a hermit. You could do that without paying thousands of dollars to some grimy scumbag.
>>
>>26412100
Because cynical cunts don't spend $3k to so some retreat in Peru. Only people who are susceptible to that sort of stuff go, hence high success rates.

I wish I were more optimistic.
>>
>>26412100
Take mushrooms and listen to 70s psych rock for the same effect, senpai.
>>
>>26413163
Yeah but he also was a terrorist
>>
The ingredients for ayahuascha are legal and available on the internet for like $20-25.
You don't need to pay for an expensive retreat
>>
>>26413163
>sounds like Latino cockroaches trying to exploit young, dumb, moneyed white people

Good. Rich normies can suck my dick, they deserve to waste every penny on dumb schemes like this.
>>
>>26412100
Because that's a waste of fucking money. I don't need to pay obscene amounts of money to go do drugs in an exotic location. I'd much rather just buy online or extract myself, then do it at home, or maybe somewhere outdoors that I feel at peace. Fuck spending money for some faggot in a shithole to "culturally enrich" me. Enlightenment doesnt have to be found in the form of a trendy vacation.
>>
>>26413332
You don't get the clensing ceremony, the supportive come down, the jungle and community of dreadlocked qts to bone though
>>
>>26412944
If it would work there would be a pretty good incentive for companies to get involved with it.
>>
>>26412100
Get ready to puke and vomit a lot if you do that. We have it here in Brazil too, you can either go to certain tribes in the amazon forest or go to the nearest Santo Daime temple if you're in a city.

Also, aside from puking and shitting, It's no different than LSD. My guess is that the entire "git gud" feeling around ayahuasca is what makes the experience better for some people.
>>
>>26412155
It's not like medicine. It's like when you watch a movie, listen to a song or read something that touches you deeply.
Contrary to OP's beliefs it's not like you are going to drink it once and turn your life upside down overnight.
>>
>>26412199
the point is that you WILL have a psychotic break. and it may utterly destroy you or make you stronger
>>
>>26412100
Lol 3k? I hope you mean all cost, as in tickets and hotels and etcs. Dude dont get scammed. One session costs about 50$ (150-200 soles, local currency) at current conversion rates. If you are planning on staying a few days with the healer, then it may go up to 200-250 soles (80$ qprox) per day.
Problem with tourists coming all the way down here to get some ayahuasca sessions is that most of you will get scammed badly. They will feed you some cheap root beverage mixed with mdma and sell you the exp for quite a lot of dosh.
And of course there are some "retirement homes" which are overpriced and they also "sell" a service as a bussiness.
Gotta pay attention to whom you end up choosing to go thru the whole experience.
And to everyone requesting research or proof, you wont find any that will suffice.
Ayahuasca is a very prsonal experience, its very different for anybody that goes thru it. Most ppl dont even get "inside" of it the first time they try it. And when you do, i would recommend it happens next to people you feel you can trust, even if they are new in your life (like the healer would be).
And no, it doesnt change your life. It changes nothing. It gives you a bit (or a lot) of perspective and insight in yourself. Thats it. It wont cure your depression, it wont get rid of your anxieties or personal bullshit. It wont make you a better man/woman.
That depends on what you do and make for/of yourself with the info you gain from the experience.
>>
>>26412223
Its not illegal. Its done by healers, inside their homes or camps; there are even retirement homes-like facilities that offer the sessions, and none are illegal.
>>
>>26413430
The amount that would need to be spent testing mushrooms would not be worth it at all for a company. This is stuff that grows pretty much anywhere for free.
>>
>>26413398
So in other words you don't get to waste thousands of dollars traveling to a third world shithole, sitting in a hot, humid, dirty shack among bugs and illiterate smelly peasants who haven't bathed in years.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.