[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when an ex ruins something you once liked due

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

What do you do when an ex ruins something you once liked due to association?
I've long had an interest in history. I used to like to read about ancient Rome. I'm also part Italian. My ex girlfriend cruelly broke up with me and went to study abroad in Italy where she claimed to be happier than ever and now refers to Rome as "home" despite having only been there three months. I can't think of Italy (or other interests we shared) without becoming angry, which is difficult because its part of my heritage and part of the roots of our civilization. Ive been focusing on what america has to be proud of and how we are the modern rome, but it still comes up. Until I can travel there myself someday, what can I do to get over this?
>>
File: 1451051455729.jpg (240KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451051455729.jpg
240KB, 2000x1000px
>>26401009
you tell me, there is a ton of my music I can't stand because of my ex girlfriend
used to love it, but now the songs take me back to a time where we were in love
>>
>>26401030
I suppose you could become the liqour, randy
>>
File: 1440342328871.jpg (39KB, 447x393px) Image search: [Google]
1440342328871.jpg
39KB, 447x393px
A lot of shit.

Like my own bed, can't sleep without seeing that face that was cheating on me the entire time.
>>
>>26401152
The entire time?
That fucking sucks man
>>
>>26401100
I did become the liquor. Amazingly enough, I started watching TPB right when she dumped me over the phone.

I went on a multi month bender and gave myself gastrointestinal problems from constantly drinking liquor while not eating. Thanks, Sarah!
>>
>>26401207
>dude messages me saying she told him she is still with her ex
>confront her
>"yes but just in a little bit of November "
>I read a text from the ex who I thought was bullshiting who said they were still sleeping together in October
>she then confides and says that it was also in December
>then as i browse tumblr (its not too too bad) I find pictures of her skating
>they went on a romantic skating trip at night together that that me and her were planning
>it stretches back

There wasn't a single moment of exclusivity.

I'm so angry that I'm tired.
>>
File: 1449786511711.png (157KB, 298x390px) Image search: [Google]
1449786511711.png
157KB, 298x390px
>>26401009
Eventually your life just becomes a walking nightmare where everything you see reminds you of a time when you were happy with someone else.

Doesn't seem to bother the women though. Go figure.
>>
>>26402241
That's the worst part, how they really don't feel bad afterwards at all
They can rationalize and move on from everything
"It was never that good anyways"
>>
File: 1451020453297.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451020453297.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>26402385
my ex told me she still loved me when she dumped me over the phone
zero emotion in her voice
i smashed my phone against the wall
>>
>>26401289
Lol my ex's name is Sarah too. Weird how it seems most girls with that name turn out to be total cunts.
>>
File: 1454909027031.jpg (25KB, 552x309px) Image search: [Google]
1454909027031.jpg
25KB, 552x309px
>>26401349
I know that feel man. Found out through her tumblr that my ex was crushing on her ceramics professor and Snapchating him, was gushing over pictures of guys she wanted to fuck, was still talking to her exes as "friends", was still thinking about her exes. She almost used the thing as a public diary. She used to call me "Kit" and told me it was short for "kitten" (cringe-worthy I know). Found out she had an obsession with Kit Harrington, the guy who plays Jon Snow. She was calling me another man's name.

I never want to see my next girlfriends blog ever
>>
>>26402416
Oh fuck what a fucking bitch. Mine said
>you were so perfect, almost
That's what she justified in cheating
>>
>>26402416
Yup I had that done to me too. Told me she loved me after telling me that if I called her again, she would get a restraining order.

I don't know if its mental illness or selfishness to think of herself as a good person or cruelty or what.
>>
>>26402477
Man, I'm sorry.

But I'm now aware that if a girl has any relations to her ex or any guy than I won't even give them a first chance.
>>
>>26402506
Thank you. We're all in this together anons

I no longer expect the kind of intimacy I experienced with her since I know now it wasn't entirely real to begin with
>>
My ex unblocked me on facebook but hasn't said anything to me or even posted anything on facebook since last year. Anyone know why she'd do that?
>>
>>26402579
YES, I CANT TRUST ANYONE ANYMORE

I was so happy and niave and care free. Now I see how women act, I won't let it drag on.

I don't care that women aren't the lure beings we expect them to be. But I just wish they weren't actively fighting against the vision and trying to be a whore on purpose.
>>
>>26402704
Probably testing to see if you still care.

If you want to talk to her you'll have to find a reason as to how you found out without sounding like you were stalking her.

How did you break up dude
>>
>>26402704
Bored and felt like looking at what you're up to
Doesn't mean she actually cares, just was bored
>>
>>26402416
At least yours didn't tell you they wanted a DIVORCE over the phone. He was such a coward.
>>
>>26402241
>>26402385
>>26402416

I've had some ex's and some lady friends who couldnt listen to a particular song or artist becuase it reminded them of some times that they would rather forget.
>>
>>26402792
>he
>divorce

Really?
>>
>>26402867
ya really
>>
>>26402881
>>26402867
Even gays get divorced dude
>>
>>26402776
She basically deactivated her facebook and broke up with me without telling me why then kept leading me on for a while until I found out she made a new facebook the day she deactivated her old one and blocked me on it, she'd also been talking to some other guy for a few months who she ended up dating but I think they broke up about a year later.

>>26402787
If she was just bored I think she would've blocked me on it after, I barely put anything on facebook anyway so there's not much for her to see
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.