[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize depression can't be cured

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: 1425496178569.gif (2MB, 210x155px) Image search: [Google]
1425496178569.gif
2MB, 210x155px
>tfw you realize depression can't be cured
>>
File: stuck_dog.png (133KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
stuck_dog.png
133KB, 278x200px
>tfw you're just lazy and facing your laziness hurts too much so you adopt a meme illness
>>
>>26381503
cool normie opinion bro
>>
>tfw you're so depressed that your dick doesn't work anymore

I haven't beat off, or even gotten hard in almost 4 weeks. I don't even have a sex drive or get aroused anymore.
>>
>>26381472
Death can cure it, it's the light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>26381518

I haven't left my house in 4 years. Gives a man a lot of time to think. Depression is a meme like most other mental illnesses
>>
File: 1397222460206.jpg (144KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1397222460206.jpg
144KB, 682x1023px
>>26381472

heard that
>>
>>26381472
This depression epidemic is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with
>>
>>26381586
feeling like complete shit all day everyday despite the fact your life isn't that bad and there's nothing physically wrong with you is normal?
>>
>>26381601
It's intensifying to the point that we may not be able to contain it.
>>
>>26381618

Yes. You're a piece of shit and you feel like one. It's the expected reaction
>>
Reminder that if:

>You don't have a diet plan or watch what you eat
>You regularly consume energy drinks or highly caffinated beverages
>You use any sort of drug including alcohol
>You don't consider yourself religious or believe in God
>You don't excersise regularly
>You aren't focussing on removing negative thought patterns on your mind

Then you have no right to complain about 'depression'.

Maybe put down the red bull and then come back to whine.
>>
>>26381472
It can be cured, retard. Depression only comes to people who suffer from constantly doing the exact same shit, or are going through some issue that affects their emotions. The first way to cure depression is by going outside, and trying to become a Chad, to try to live life to the absolute fullest instead of sitting in an image board. The only way to cure the second for of depression is by growing the fuck up.
>>
for the month of january i went running and weightlifting almost every day

i ran a lot, i ran two miles at a time at the most. then one day my headphones stopped working, and the tv in the gym stopped working, or i would have an encounter at my job that would leave me feeling disagreed

so i started to run less, because when i would go running then, i wouldn't feel as athletic. i'd feel weak and emasculated, and unfulfilled.

it's this sensation of the fulfillment and accomplishment things you'd enjoy doing would bring you, leaving at the worst times, that's the sort of depression i see from time to time. if you'd even call it depression.
>>
I kinda accepted it and now I am neutral.

I just focus on my career, saving money, and funding fun personal hobbies of mine.

Going to learn falconry too

also going to Church helps
>>
>>26381694
The anon is right. I thought people here were honest? If you seriously think yiure powerless to overcome depression because it's an illness you're beating around the Bush.
>>
People love to tell those seeking cures to become more like them. OP you should become more like me. Then you'll be happy. Let's go for a jog and talk about jesus.
>>
File: 1449548418373.gif (1016KB, 296x225px) Image search: [Google]
1449548418373.gif
1016KB, 296x225px
>>26381704
>i am retarded and don't know what depression is
>>
File: 1453168598825.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453168598825.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>26381472
It can't be cured through typical serotonergic antidepressants, that's for sure

but that's not too surprising and shouldn't be too disheartening, the science behind their mechanism was shoddy all along

however

In quite a few major depression cases, there are notable abnormalities in the hippocampus (an area that deals with memory and emotion), this abnormality can mostly be explained through understimulation of this area of the brain through emotional neglect. Meaning, the longer you're depressed, the worse your depression gets (in this model of depression).

SO, what's the solution (implying this theory is correct)? how do you break this cycle of shrinking hippocampal density?

neurogenesis and positive reinforcement (probably through therapy of some kind)

we can stimulate neurogenesis a number of ways.
NMDA antagonists cause an acute stimulation of neurogenesis after their effects have completed
this class includes
>ketamine
>DXM
>PCP

There are also a number of other drugs that are believed to have an effect on neurogenesis
>'typical' antidepressants(SSRI's, tricyclics) now are believed to exert their long term effects through this mechanism
>tianeptine
>many nootropic drugs (noopept, piracetam etc)

exercise helps, new stimuli helps, proper diet helps

but if you think you're going to take all sadness out of your life, think again
that's not what this is about
>>
>lost 40 lbs so far
>eat right and exercise every day
>got a gf and lost virginity
>got a decent job
>still depressed
>>
>>26381760
SUCK AND SPIT THE SWEAT OUT
>>
File: shinjiwantstodie.gif (84KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
shinjiwantstodie.gif
84KB, 500x282px
>tfw I don't really want companionship, I just want something that will allow me to live with my loneliness
>>
>>26381586
Well...have you left your house yet? I mean...if you get down to it, being a hikki is a meme too.
>>
>>26381704
>>You don't consider yourself religious or believe in God

"god will fix your depression"
>>
>>26381995
get a dog, they are good at making you feel less lonely.

cats are shit though, fuck them
>>
>>26382040
I know. Love my dog to death, but it will die one day, and I live in a dorm right now, so I can't have him here.
>>
>>26381472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzvT0vy5cjE
>>
>>26382750
>being mad at other people's fucking stupidity is your fault
fuck that faggot, he doesn't work with shitheads everyday, and speak to fucking naive retards ever hour of the working day
>>
File: 1454962668851.png (279KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
1454962668851.png
279KB, 570x428px
This board is the only place I actually "show" my depression I fake every damn thing I do that is "happy" and its fucking sad but it works so the day I kill myself I'll make a thread about it before I end my pointless and futile existence on this meaningless rock we call our litter box
>>
so what you're saying is that 'you' are depressed
what if you could figure out a way to realize that 'you' don't exist?
>>
>>26382957
oh please shut the fuck up
>>
>>26383227
It's a fact. If you want to keep living in this illusion world, this fiction, this story of 'you', 'you're' onl;y going to suffer.
>>
>>26383245
yeah and how exactly is that going to change my brain chemistry?
I don't give a fuck about physical life or my ego. I just feel like shit for no reason. I've tried deep meditation and it's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>26383318
How is it bullshit?
It's not this brain chemistry or whatever excuse you come up with it's because of your lack of knowledge. You don't have to meditate to become enlightened but it helps. Just do some self-inquiry work into what 'you' believe 'you' really are and then you'll see the bullshit of it all. Becoming enlightened is the difference between heaven and hell and once you start taking steps to eradicate the self you will be overcome with a feeling purer than bliss.
>>
>>26381472
take shrooms you gay retard
>>
File: 1444174582035.jpg (28KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1444174582035.jpg
28KB, 612x612px
Remember this original post, robots.
>>
File: 1449622827549.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449622827549.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
Can we stop the memes for one minute, is depression an actual thing? Am I being a lazy faggot or do I have an actual illness?
>>
>>26381760
>i ran a lot, i ran two miles at a time at the most
Congrats 9 year old me is fitter then you nancy
>>
>>26383709
Probably both tbwy senpai
>>
>>26381945

decent post

i tried weekly injections of ketamine, daily tianpetine, racetams, vitamins, exercise, clean diet.. my neuorogenesis would have been ramped to the max.
there were noticeable improvements immediately after a ketamine high and during the tianeptine high, but once my mental state returned to baseline i'd be back to feeling exactly the same as before.

neurogenesis likely plays a part, but its definitely not the complete solution
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.