[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Community College

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: FORCStormtrooper-trailer.jpg (427KB, 763x739px) Image search: [Google]
FORCStormtrooper-trailer.jpg
427KB, 763x739px
Does anyone else feel like life after high school is weird? I'm living at home with my parents attending my first year at a small community college and I'm completely lost. No one is social so I'm still stuck hanging out with my high school friends. Time feels nonexistent. Is this what real life is like?
>>
>he fell for the community college meme

You also sound underage, except for the part where you mentioned graduating high school already
>>
Make the move anon
All you can do
Is provide a setting
Set the environment
To allow people
To be social.
And keep at it.
If you build it.
They will come.
>>
>>26377472
I'm in the same situation. Are you thinking of transferring?
>>
>>26377472
You make friends in high school, afterwards people already have their group they want to associate with
>>
>>26377513
Definitely. I'm only here to begin with due to my state's free Community College program.
>>
>>26377472
Anyone else here have no friends? My days consist of going to cc, doing the work, and spending the rest of my time home alone.
>>
>>26377523

You sure about that?

Because most people drift apart after.
>>
>>26377586
Going through something similar too. I'm getting money basically thrown at me because I'm an Hispanic STEM major that has good grades. I'm such an idiot for not going to a decent school like my sister did after hs and I can't wait to leave desu. Which state, if I may ask?
>>
>>26377608
Right. You lose friends, but you don't gain new ones to replace them. At least not in the quantities that you had at the start.
>>
>>26377713
Tennessee. Computer Science major but can't seem to find the motivation to do the coursework despite it being incredibly easy(easier than high school even).
>>
>>26377472
Go to a state school if you want friends
>>
>>26377472
I know that feeling. Same situation. No one is social. Community college makes you feel like you're going no where in life. Should have done better in school.
>>
>>26377472
Dude life is about to tuck you so hard up the ads. Prepare your anus, boy. Enjoy this easy articifical college life style before you graduate and life fucking rapes you. It's goi g to get much worse than you can imagine. Much worse. But, it will also get better, if you stay positive and not be a fag. Stay away from the college students, they're all pleb tier at best. Nothing but shallow douche bags m8. Even all my high school friends are long gone, as yours will be someday. Be your own man, don't let society and it's ideals run you into the ground.
>>
CC is one of the best deals out there

Don't fall for the "college X-perience" meme, you'll regret it when you need to pay back your loans.
>>
>>26377472
>Time feels nonexistent. Is this what real life is like?

Yes. After spending so much of your life with clear progress markers every year via the schooling system, being set loose is a big fucking nothing.

I'm in my early thirties. Time just kind of slips by. I'm not entirely sure what I did with the last decade. Compared to my life up until the end of high school, the last ten years seem to have flipped past almost instantly.

I'm sure I'll be sitting around twenty years from now wondering where my life went and having no real answer. This is the fate that awaits all of you.
>>
>>26377472
Hey josh.
>>
>>26377798
University of Tennessee at Knoxville? Is it good?
>>
File: 1429536497985.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1429536497985.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>tfw community college was 8 years ago and your life isn't really any better
>>
>>26377892
That's one of the schools I'm considering a transfer to
>>
>>26377594

>on /r9k
>DAE NO FRIENDS?!?!?1!!1
>literally on /r9k/
>>
Seriously
Start a club that pertains to your studies
If there isnt one already.
>>
>>26377927
What school are you at now?
>>
>>26377951
There's a shit ton of normies here. Everyday I come here and see people whining about there girlfriends. I just want some comfort
>>
>>26377871
Fuck* anus* going* artificial*
>>
Dude, I went to college, did an enlistment in the Navy and now I'm working full-time living on my own and I still feel like nothing has happened to me. This is your life until you die.
>>
Its not what real life is, unfortuately. I went to a 4 year school, and i felt like time was in limbo the whole time. But it was also the best time of my life.

Now I a 27, married, have a house and responsibilities. I cant just go off and do drugs with my boyfriend (who is now dead, because he decided to live this way forever), stay up till 4 AM and sleep till whenever. I go to work 8:30Am to 5:30PM Monday-Friday and try to earn a little beans. It wears you out. Enjoy being carefree, I miss it.

My plan is to get rich and work my own hours. If anyone is interested in purchasing etizolam let me know I am about to start up a biz to fill a space in the market place. Should be up in running by the end of the month, but if anyone wants some samples in exchange for reviews on reddit let me know.
>>
>>26377971
Heh. Mine is all hicks(Tennessee) and small town normies. My friends are still literally seniors in high school.
>>
File: 1454908189170.jpg (42KB, 741x486px) Image search: [Google]
1454908189170.jpg
42KB, 741x486px
>>26377913
We fucked up our entire lives :DDD
>>
>>26377594
Same here. I wish I could just stay home and do the work instead of bothering with coming in. I don't like being reminded of what I can't have.
>>
CC is not for making friends or being social, its for getting enough credits to get your AA and transfer out as quickly as possible. It also acts as a great way to washout the people that don't really want a degree.
>>
The main difference to me was that in high school it felt like anything could be possible after graduation. Once you graduate you quickly find out how hard the real world is and that you are insignificant.

Scale back your expectations and you will be happier.
>>
>>26378012
After graduating, I realize just how little high school prepares you for the real world.
>>
>everything gets better after high school LOL

No. Being an actual adult out of high school is many times more complicated than being a dumbfuck edgy teenager. This is the point in our lives where normal people and robots separate from each other: normies will be able to bask in their new-found independence while the robot will essentially wilt under the pressure and fall backward.
>>
>>26377993
austin peay?
>>
>>26378111
Nah. Community College Not a Uni.
>>
>>26377877
>>26378034
Thissss baka senpai
>>
>>26378142
hopskinsville? columbia? we could meet up
>>
>>26378034
>>26378012
This desu. Once I started working I realized that the relative success and accomplishment I had enjoyed in high school was literally completely meaningless and nobody gave a shit about me.
>>
>>26378180
You're probably alright, but I'm a little hesitant about meeting internet strangers from 4chan irl.
>>
>>26378184
The main thing I realized was that there's barely anymore time for yourself and you have actual responsibilities to take care of
>>
File: 1437887463309.jpg (19KB, 499x492px) Image search: [Google]
1437887463309.jpg
19KB, 499x492px
>go to community college one semester
>lol this place is shit, can't wait to transfer to State University!
>transfer
>move in to dorm
>look around
>realize i've made a massive fucking mistake and break down into tears
>there is no way i can afford this, there is no way i can pass these classes, there is no way i won't end up killing myself out of shame and guilt if i stay here
>move back home
>get a jobby job as a line cook at a pub
>pick up skateboarding, now i don't have a reason to kill myself anymore
>old gf (only one i ever had) apparently did the same thing as me
>going out with her to 'catch up' tomorrow
I would have never imagined this happening. How humbling it is to have all of your expectations and dreams disappear before your eyes.
>>
>>26378317
wow, what kind of stuff you cook m8
>>
File: 1410735257353.jpg (35KB, 847x466px) Image search: [Google]
1410735257353.jpg
35KB, 847x466px
>>26378349
Today kinda sucked, I'm the new guy so they had me washing dishes for 2 1/2 hours.
We make a lot of fried stuff. Fried avocados, fried fish n' chips, fries, falafel, portobello mushrooms, etc. Standard pub stuff, like burgers, salads, soup. Most of the money is made from appetizers (we have this pretty damn good bacon-wrapped pineapple thing) and drinks.
It's not the greatest job in the world but it's fine for now. I'm not sure if I want to go back to college or not. Kinda want to see who gets elected for President and where my chances go from there.
>>
>>26378225
skype to prove im not deranged
>>
>>26378317
Literally kill yourself you normie faggot
>>
>tfw getting an associates degree

I literally half ass everything I do and will ever do.

I can make more money then a highschool graduate but less then some fuckboy with a bachelors.
>>
Word of advice: the first few years in college where you get your basics done suck shit. It's boring and completely unnecessary but once you get into your core classes it gets a lot better.
>>
>>26378034
>high school doesn't teach you how to do taxes
>high school doesn't prep you for interviews
>high school doesn't teach you how to fucking drive(some might)
All the necessities for an adult life and they hardly teach you them.
>>
Life after highschool is weird, I feel really disassociated with everything. Well it's either you spend your life as a normie just constantly seeking validation and enjoyment or you spend your life a recluse like me not doing anything all day. Life after HS is weird and unnatural either way
>>
>>26377990
I'm down for some benzos, familia. What kind of contact info would you prefer?
>>
>>26377877
This
The "college experience" is for normalfags. And going to a 4 year without a scholarship or rich ass parents will just bite you in the ass
>>
>>26377990
Are you talking free samples?
>>
>go to community college
>come home
>do homework and then nothing
>don't talk to anyone there
>never speak in class

I'm pretty sure i'll kill myself in normal college.
>>
>>26377472
>I'm living at home with my parents attending my first year at a small community college and I'm completely lost
21 and same position, except I'm about to finish. My social life is nonexistent.
>>
What's the switch like from community to 4 year?

I got accepted into a top 20 from community so I wonder if I'll actually struggle for once.
>>
>>26379983
I plan on transferring to another college and getting a BS but I don't think I can do it.

I can't go from no social life, living in solitude all the time to being in that situation. I'm so fucking awkward and have no idea how to do basic things.

Honestly my plan was to kill myself after cc but i don't think I can do it.
>>
>>26377472
>tfw transferring from CC soon

Life is gonna be a wild ride lads
>>
>>26377472
Just worry about working and transferring to a 4 year.

People hang out more at a 4 year.
>>
>>26378012
This. All through high school you're told how special you are and given bullshit easy hurdles to jump over, just so you can feel like you've achieved something.
Real life is totally different, but in a way it's liberating. It makes small successes so much better, because you know they're 100% your successes and they're not just manufactured to make you feel good. I went from being a high-achieving student (ie. Good at learning prescribed curricula and regurgitating them) to a mediocre nobody. But I'm MY OWN medciore nobody, and that makes me feel better than I ever did in the academic hugbox of high school.
>>
I don't talk to any retarded faggots from community it's great. Don't know why you're bothered by not talking to insects OP

I am friends with a few professors though.
>>
>>26379998
First year is the hardest part. Adjusting from piss easy courses (even the hardest community college course was pretty easy) to more difficult and rigorous courses will come as a shock at first. If you can adjust and survive the first year, you should be able to thrive through the rest.

Granted, this depends on your major I suppose.
>>
>>26380104
Yeah, it seems like community stuff is mostly regurgitating information with 0 theory.

My logic is that because I'll have nothing but time I don't really mind working 18 hours a day if I'm actually braindead and squeezed through the system, who knows. Can't say I care much about anything beside the piece of paper that said I did it
>>
>>26380068
They really need to stop teaching this "you are special" and "you can do anything" bullshit in schools. It just sets people up for failure.
>>
File: 1443731698798.jpg (74KB, 750x670px) Image search: [Google]
1443731698798.jpg
74KB, 750x670px
>tfw 2.2 in high school
>4.0 in community
>3.9 in 4 year

This is the true route to take for those that want to play videogames 12 hours a day in high school and still be able to get a job that allows you to continue to play videogames 8 hours a day.

You can do it anon!
>>
>>26378864
kek that's rich. i wish i was a normie anon, i really do.
>>
>>26380271
tbqh I acutally started giving a shit in CC because my professors didn't seem like shitbags and were actually willing to help

w-we're all gonna make it anon!~
>>
>>26379889
>>26377990
Yes, free samples with free shipping. I will be either doing pellets or capsules, and the strength should be the same. Prices will be well below current market for pellets, and there is NO market for capsules right now although folks on forums ask for them, but I intend to sell them for less than pellets. Just kind of want to see what people want and I will get it for them.

Wont be running up till the end of the month but if you email [email protected] I will put you first on the list for samples, which like I said will be free with free shipping for a good number of first time customers, to show I am legit. When I am ready I will send you an email back asking for your shipping address and info to send the samples to.

Also intending to make clonaz pellets or capsules and possibly flam if theres a market for it..i and am open to any other suggestions people want. Thinking of getting a stim in there. I personally dont take RC stims but if theres something a lot of folks want I will order it.

Obviously any products are not for human consumption and research purposes only
>>
>>26379820
sorry read my post >>26380710 and send an email to [email protected] . When I am ready in a week or two i will send you a free sample with free shipping. I will contact you asking for your shipping info when ready
>>
I went to cc for 2 years and then transferred to a main uni, I've met like 1-2 people I"m cool with but since I love at home and don't drink or do drugs anymore because I used to have a heroin problem pretty much the only fun I have at school is lifting and browsing the Ch0n. Trolling on yikyak is pretty entertaining on a uni campus I must admit, but without going to parties pulling girls is non existent for me.
>>
>>26378180
>>26378225
>Tennesse fagoots
West, East or Middle?
Are ya'll on the zeemap?
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1778472
I'm about 1hr from Columbia.
Maybe we should have a meetup thread to make sure we don't hate each other before thinking about irl.
>>
I love CC and I think it's fucking comfy but I'm in my 30's.

It's nice to go to back to school after figuring out what you really want out of life.
>>
On the topic of transferring colleges, which is the most robot for Tennesseefags? I'm between Tennessee Tech and University of Tennessee.
>>
My life would have been so much better if I went to community college.
>>26377877
The college experience was me getting depressed and failing out of a shitty school. The whole thing is hollow and empty.
>>
>>26377472
No worries. I'm going to Comm college 'cause I did terrible in high school due to laziness. Comm college is just a small obstacle. no worries
>>
>>26381476
I have a few friends at Tech.
One is a fat programmer
Another is a nerdygril
I've heard reports of weeb music in the dorms.
>>
If you took out students loans to enter college for foundation credits you could have gotten in community college than you are a fucking idiot

Good job, OP. Doing the right thing. Start looking up scholarships and uni credit transfer programs
>>
>>26381487
>hollow and empty
It's clear from this that I'm an idiot, but my point so stands.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.