[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I say to my psychiatrist to get a script for klonopin?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: ROC00581.jpg (28KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
ROC00581.jpg
28KB, 288x216px
What should I say to my psychiatrist to get a script for klonopin? The SSRIs she gives me doesn't do a damn thing for anxiety. I'm a 19 year old college student. What should I say guys?
>>
Anxiety. Tell them you get anxiety from heights, your palms get sweaty, you get dizzy, your chest feels tight, and it feels like something is wrapping around your throat.

Tell them you're afraid to go into public places and make your way there and then leave before ever entering the store because the anxiety is so bad.

Source: Exactly what I did
>>
>>26366095
Say 'the SSRIs don't help with my anxiety'.

Do not say 'I'm a drug seeking teenage college kid where the benzos at lmao we off the xan #blackoutboyz'
>>
Read up on panic attacks and general anxiety until you can convincingly invent stories about you experiencing the symptoms of those conditions. You'll probably need to go through several different SSRIs and perhaps something like Wellbutrin first as well.

>Do not, ever, use the word "benzo" or "benzodiazepine" or "SSRI" or give any indication that you know what any of these things are
>Do not EVER suggest a course of treatment out of the blue
>Do not reveal or suggest any history of drug abuse

You must always put the writing on the wall and then let THEM suggest kpins / xanax.
>>
>>26366095
I'm in the same situation. I was put on 2mg celexa and my doctor just upped the dosage to 40mg when I told him it wasn't working. When I go back next month I'll hopefully be able to walk out with a benzo.

I think you just have to play the waiting game and keep telling your doctor that the other medications either aren't working or have bad side effects. eventually you'll get some sort of benzo.

every doctor is different though. some straight up refuse to prescribe benzos, especially to college-aged kids. others are very liberal with their script writing.
>>
>I panic because my retard brain overestimates danger
>then I avoid things
>klonopin will make the anxiety go away
>it will become the new way I avoid things

God, you're fucking pathetic.
>>
What does the K stand for? KaKe? lol

Get the Cake bro it's way better tahn those silly benzosa
>>
>>26366095
Literally no psych will give you klonopin. Xanax, maybe but it's really rare to find psychs that actually prescribe that shit.
>>
>wanting to be addicted to benzos
Pharmacist here

However bad your life is, after you're physically dependent on benzos, especially clonazepam, you'll want to die 100000000000000000000000000000000 times more.
>>
>>26366458
This

Benzos are not a sustainable solution to this problem
>>
I've been on Klonopin for 5 years now and am trying to get off of it. It helped my anxiety, but it's bad shit bro.
It's completely fucked up my short term memory for the time being. I'd avoid benzos if I were you.
>>
I love my klonopin. Only problem is ive built up a tolerance and my cunt doctor wont up the dosage so i cant use it everyday and have to spread it thin.
>>
>getting addicted to a dangerous drug class must be the only real solution to my problems

wow millenials really are all retards
>>
>>26366128
This is true, I don't think I'll have to lie.

>>26366184
Already went down that road with her, she was actuality the one that recommended it, but I refused so I could try welbutrin. I already went through almost every SSRI, even some mood stabilizers
>>
>>26366544
Get out of my thread normie
>>
>>26366544
>millenial
>19
Who's the retarded one
>>
>>26366095
don't fry/fuck up your brain with klonopin
shit try you some ashwagandha
and some picamilion

hell try kava, try phenibut first anything but klonopin first
also if ssri you likely well.... will have brokedick
forever :(

psychiatry is a sham

psychiatry wants to treat you forever on drugs most likely to make you zombie and most likely to wrinkle you prematurely, make you prematurely bald, make you asexual, fat, and HAPPY about it.

>>26366458
Like I said, what I told him
you are no pharmacist though
a pharm tech or undergrad prepharm maybe.

I have it just as bad as him. I have environmental rather htan neuropharm depresion/dopamine dysfunction.

I literally am AVOIDING vyvanse like the plague and know methylphenidate is simply not a drug I get along with (zombie effect, treatment emergent "mood disorders" -etc)

Yeah folks, upregulation/downregulation are a thing

neuroplasticity? Not so much, just an overused buzzword.
>>
Tell them your palms are spaghetti, knees weak, arms spaghetti, there's spaghetti on your sweater already, moms spaghetti
>>
>>26366586
Why are you calling him a normie? Most people who hate psychiatrists have had experience with them...
>Haha ur are a cuck xddd
Pure autism, pick an insult that makes sense.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133KB, 615x818px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133KB, 615x818px
>>26366095
fugg that stuff , drugs are for loosers
just meditate anon

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22
>>
>>26366590
>You shouldn't take benzo's, try a nightshade instead
Fuck off idiot.
>>
>>26366620
Sure, I'll totally listen to some faggot named Thyme.
>>
anyone had any experience with nootropics? I'm most interested in ones that provide anxiolytic effects and motivation.

I've heard Picmillon and Noopept are pretty good.
>>
>>26366095
Was on kpins for a couple months but they started making me cry all the time at pretty much nothing and ive never been a big crier. Shit really sucks to come off and i still have constant ringing in my ears even a few months later. Nothing seems to help really you just keep going until you die.
>>
>>26366653
My anxiety got so bad I actually became religious, also did a lot of newage hippie shit, didn't work.
>>
>>26366673
"nightshade"
>calls all things toxins
>forgets fundamental premise of toxicology = dose makes the poison or lack thereof.
actually calling phenibut *a nightshade*

>>26366699
picamilion did dick for me but I'm already borderline too sedate not the other way around.
Noopept might be helpful.
>>
>>26366751
thats to bad , works for some
>>
>>26366810
.....maybe it's just a placebo?
>>
>>26366095
Maybe you could not try to trick a medical professional into giving you some shit you don't need. They're a doctor, you aren't.
>>
>>26366689
>named
It's more of a concept.
>>
>>26366689
>ad hominem
These people really can't make up insults for shit
>>
>>26366095
"The medication you prescribed me isn't working, my anxiety is at an all time high and I feel no different. What would you recommend, person with years of education and training in mental health?"
>>
>>26366836
That answer is shit. If it works for him, then so what? That's what it's there for...

There are some docs who are so fucking anti-narcotic because fucking degenerates ruin it for us all.
>>
File: boner.png (221KB, 650x346px) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
221KB, 650x346px
>>26366819
there have been studies on mindfulness
listen to this
http://marc.ucla.edu/mpeg/Hammer012816.mp3
>>
I have the same question, but for adderall. I was diagnosed with ADD back in high school, but I'm worried my 23yo self doesn't exactly fit into their model.
>>
>>26367426
You'll probably get Ritalin or something. Goodluck trying to get adderal.
>>
>>26367442
Are they similar at all? What's different between the two other than the potential for abuse?
>>
>>26367442
>prescribed adderall age 12
>prescribed 30 2mg/month Xanax age 14
>30 10mg Valium age 16
I didn't realize how hard these things were to get until I was older. They had put me through so much medication that I could ask for anything I wanted by name, that's how I got the benzos.
>>
>>26366095

Do not take klonopin. Do not take any benzos, ever. Go read benzo buddies forum, that will put you off taking them for lfie. Addiction to them can and probably will destroy your life.

>>26366458

Listen this anon's advice.
>>
>>26367606
What a pussy, Kpins are the shit. blackout mode is the funniest shit ever, and you get to be a real liffe detective the next morning figuring out last nights mystery of why your in jail
>>
>>26367606
My anxiety is crippling. I got to that point where I frankly don't care what I or my body has to go through in order to get my shit together, I've literally been through 4 years worth of therapy will minimal results and a laundry list of medications. Even if I do become an addict, I don't care, I want to live life to the fullest, even if that means I'll have to live with a dependency.
>>
>>26367714
This is what these fags don't understand. The side effects don't matter when you're miserable without them.
Benzos make me love myself, I don't care.
I have the taste of Valium in my mouth, AMA.
>>
>>26367714

At least know what you're getting into. The withdrawals can be life threatening and last for many months or even years in some cases and some people never fully recover. Benzo addicts say it's the worst experience imaginable. You have been warned.
>>
File: 1433652439081.gif (2MB, 270x435px) Image search: [Google]
1433652439081.gif
2MB, 270x435px
>le benzos = heroin meme
>no one suggests an alternative
>>
>>26367426
Start taking PCP
>>
File: 1454283495213.gif (1016KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1454283495213.gif
1016KB, 500x357px
>>26366575
just keep doing the rounds with the worthless serotnergics until she caves
don't take them
call her after ~3-4 days and say they're making you suicidal/hallucinate/other horrible side effects

if all else fails look up benzo analogs, they're readily available in most countries
most common ones are
>etizolam (not actually a BZD technically, but works in the same way)
>clonazolam
>flubrazolam
etc.

there are also some other novel axiolytics out there such as
>phenibut(works very well, but highly addictive, builds tolerance quickly)
>picamilon (very mild)
>tianeptine (fairly effective, doesn't work well for everyone)
>gabapentin (need an Rx for this, and it might impede your ability to think)

there's no perfect pill out there, eating right and exercising is always a good idea.
>>
>>26369322
Benzos are worse than pharmaceutical grade heroin.
They both have the same problems with tolerance and withdrawals, the difference is benzo withdrawals can become bad enough to cause a fatal seizure.

Heroin is a terrible addiction but benzos are too.
I'm ignoring the problems with cuts and bacteria and reusing/sharing needles in this analogy by saying pharmaceutical grade.

Any addiction is pretty bad for you. Don't make the mistake by thinking that because it's pharmaceutical it's not bad for you.
>>
>>26369517
The one edge they have when you compare the two (which is a pretty bad comparison since they hit completely different receptors and have very different effects) is that benzos have a very high lethal dose. They do cause blackouts, which are very bad, though.
There's nothing to reverse a benzo overdose like there is with an opioid overdose (naloxone)
>>
File: weaksauce.jpg (53KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
weaksauce.jpg
53KB, 480x640px
>>26369887
wrong
for benzo overdoses there is flumazenil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flumazenil
>>
I got prescribed 5mg olanzapine, 4 sheets with 7 on each and one sheet with 2 the two on one sheet had markings, now I've taken them and moved on to the sheets with 7 on each and they're small plain white pills with a line down the back, am I on placebos? or not
>>
File: pepe43.jpg (20KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
pepe43.jpg
20KB, 249x249px
The psych ward put me on Klonopin when I was there. It works miracles if you've never been on meds before, but there are alternatives that are less addicting than benzos. I'm currently on Lexapro, Hydroxyzine, Buspirone, and Zyprexa and I'm functioning okay (as a neet). I wouldn't want to continue with a drug that has a severe risk of withdrawels after taking it for a certain amount of time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSw-6vmMRk

thread soundtrack
>>
>>26370868
so how is lexapro going for you? btw you can serious withdrawals on ssri meds too bro
for me that shit was terrible with the sides when taking it, insomnia and shit
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.