[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies love talking about themselves? I have a conversation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 95664.jpg (256KB, 900x584px) Image search: [Google]
95664.jpg
256KB, 900x584px
Why do normies love talking about themselves?
I have a conversation with one and start talking about myself and they become bored. I ask them questions and they fall in love
What gives? I'm just going to keep asking questions and never talk about myself.
>>
Normies like themselves, but they don't like you.
>>
>>26360037
I hate talking about myself, im not interesting at all
>>
Maybe you talking about yourself a.k.a. "anime,4chan, and videogames" isnt as interesting as normie guys life.
>>
I believe you can change the situation by traveling. You will finally have something to talk about yourself.
>>
File: 1390340139211.gif (67KB, 316x228px) Image search: [Google]
1390340139211.gif
67KB, 316x228px
>>26360164
>tfw a prostitute asks you what you do with yourself outside of work while you're cuddling after cumming on her tits
>>
people are shit
>>
People just like to talk about themselves.

No one really gives a shit about what you do, like, etc., it's just them hoping you'll start asking them about them.

Some generally care, but the majority just want to talk about themselves.
>>
>tfw your need to get to know someone interesting you meet borders on obsession
>tfw you don't just want them to talk about themselves, you want to live and breathe every one of their thoughts, know what it's like to be in their skin
>tfw hate it when they ask me questions
>tfw hate it when they say shallow things about themselves and don't give me a true, unbiased stream of consciousness play by play of their mind

I love it when people bitch about their lives to me
I never know how to help, but I like to hear it

I can't stand deceptive people, though, so if someone isn't being completely open I get bored
>>
>>26360037

They say that everyone likes talking about themselves, but I hate it.

I'm not surprised that normies love talking about themselves. They probably don't take a critical look at anything in their life, and normie things like social media are just outlets for their boundless narcissism.

It could be that extroverts like talking about themselves, while introverts would prefer not to.

But maybe they aren't ashamed of anything in their life, whereas a robot might be.

Although I have heard some people say that introverts are just stealth narcissists, who think they're special or above people, but not in a way that they broadcast it to the world.

Anyway, most people love it if you ask them questions about themselves. And if it's not about them, they don't care. Narcissists don't really listen to other people, they just wait for the other person to stop talking (or just interrupt) so they they can say what they were going to say anyway.

Normies probably think they are the most interesting people in the world, and live exciting lives. So it's no surprise if they are their own favorite topic of discussion.
>>
File: care.gif (817KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
care.gif
817KB, 500x230px
>>26362264
I somewhat know those feels, Anon. I usually do this online. In person, it just seems too intrusive
>>
>>26362264
>know what it's like to be in their skin

lol just don't tell them this, they'll look at you like a serial killer, even though what you described is perspective taking, which is pretty much the basis of empathy.
>>
because they have 2 things not going for them:
1. they're stupid
2. they're narcissists
especially women. they have this weird ego thing going where they can't admit they're wrong. i can't write these people off fast enough. dunno how anyone can lie to themselves so much.
>>
>>26362429
>especially women. they have this weird ego thing going where they can't admit they're wrong.

It's called "hand", as in, in any situation involving two people, one of them always has an upper hand. She can't admit defeat. Female social life is all about establishing a pecking order. And she knows that being on the bottom would be terrible for her.

There are leaders/followers. Masters/servants. Dominants/submissives. Assholes/nice guys. Winners/losers. Etc.

So there's that angle, where she's trying to dominate, trying not to be a doormat.

But women also don't think that any of their temporary feelings are ever "wrong." Suddenly they feel one way, she does what she wants, then she spends the rest of her time rationalizing it. She has to believe that her gut is always right. She has to believe her instincts are always right. She has to believe that she never needs to apologize for her actions. She can't ever admit responsbility, it's always someone else's fault. She wants to live a life with no consequences for bad decisions she makes.

If she ever admits she's wrong, she's lost, there's no coming back from that in her mind. Women loathe doormats, and avoid being seen as one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.