[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there people on this board who still actually believe in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: religions.jpg (253KB, 608x1592px) Image search: [Google]
religions.jpg
253KB, 608x1592px
Are there people on this board who still actually believe in some sort of God or inherent meaning to life?
>>
If you'd spend just a few days on /his/ and read a few books on the topic of God and whether or not a entity beyond the natural universe exists that could have created everything other than The God Delusion you'd realise the concept of a God is a logical necessity to the existence of our universe and the illusion we call "time"

Source: brought up in a shitty super Christian family and denounced God because I didn't like church like most other edgy teens, spent 6 years being a militant atheist then decided to actually look more into theistic arguments for "open-mindedness" sake and realised how wrong I was all this time.
>>
>>26341767
I actually wish I could believe in something. But as good as I have become at deluding myself, that is once thing I cannot convince myself of.
>>
File: 1452101646603.jpg (119KB, 1273x955px) Image search: [Google]
1452101646603.jpg
119KB, 1273x955px
>>26341923
Preach it brother, preach it good
>>
>>26341767
get back to your trannies
>>
>>26341923
God being a "logical necessity" does not prove he exists.
>>
>>26341767
no but I do believe there is an inherent meaning to death and life should probably be done with as soon as possible.
>>
>>26341767
Satanism should be replaced with luciferianism, and then laveyanism should be put in don'tcall me atheist tier
>>
>>26341767
>moorish council
T.
>>
Taoism is god tier you idiot

>implying anyone on this board would understand it
>>
Hey man, look at it this way.

We're alive. We're fuckin' alive. We exist. Consciously.

Do you know how much of a chance there is of that happening? The statistical chances of life existing in this infinitely vast universe of ours, let alone US being the ones inhabiting it, are more graham's numbers away from zero than you can possibly imagine.

So, be fuckin' grateful. Don't be that asshole who goes around spewing "HURR LIFE HAS NO MEANING" when you're lucky enough to have the opportunity to create one.
>>
File: tiptip.jpg (96KB, 848x729px) Image search: [Google]
tiptip.jpg
96KB, 848x729px
nigga you cant be serious
if you wanted fedoras just ask
>>
>>26342838
Yeah, but beings which never get to experience life don't know what they're missing.
>>
What's with all the religion threads? Are we being raided?
>>
Baha'ism should be in better than most tier. It's one of the most logical, intelligent religions I've ever read up on. If God was real, the Baha'i explanation of God is one of the least terrifying ones.
>>
>>26341767
>2016
>Not being a red pilled muslim

Come on senpai
>>
>>26342910
>redpilled
>Muslim
Good goy
>>
If you believe life has a meaning you're not a real robot AND YOU SHOULD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD FUCKING NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26342822
Seeing how your posting on a mongolian hairstyle board
I completley get why a depressed person believes in a dogma of passivity and the status quo.
As well as contradictions.
>>
>>26342910
Those statements can never and will never go together.

You can't be religious (especially a mudshit religion) and claim to be "red pilled" (whatever the fuck that means anymore).
>>
>>26342741
If it was a "logical necessity", which i dont believe until i see a undeniable proof, it also proofs the existence of god.
See:
If from "we exist" directly follows that "God exists", then if you also accept that we/you exist it follows that god also has to exist.
>>
Apatheism Google Ultron tier master race reporting in
>>
>>26341923
Give me a proof please.
>>
>>26343070
>apatheism
>google ultron tier
lol try again
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/
>>
>>26342838
Looks like someone doesn't understand the point of absurdism.

We haven't found and objective reason for human life yet, but that doesn't mean we should just give up searching.
>>
>>26341923
Not everyone has to go from one extreme to the other anon, militant atheism is literally angsty teens, most people you meet are non-religious for the most part, if they're religious it'll be due to not wanting to part with what they were raised with.

Religion is nothing more than a tool to sate the masses into thinking everything is fine and dandy when you die so they do little with their lives.

Make the most of your human life and maybe there will be an after-life, but don't spend your life expecting anything
>>
>>26342838
>The statistical chances of life existing in this infinitely vast universe of ours, let alone US being the ones inhabiting it, are more graham's numbers away from zero than you can possibly imagine

That is a stupid argument that never worked. Because although the chance of life might be extremely small it has to happen at some point. There might be a gigantic number of universes before ours but at some point a universe like ours has to happen.
>>
"Look at me,im a nihilist,because i didnt accomplish anything in life,but that doesnt matter,because everything will eventually perish."
>>
>>26341767
Nation of Islam is now a Scientologist religion.
>>
File: 1453899904186.png (115KB, 692x351px) Image search: [Google]
1453899904186.png
115KB, 692x351px
If we could only still believe that that there is an intelligent and eternal god, in whose eyes we are important, and who has the power to enable us to live forever. That would be very nice, but it's an extraordinarily difficult thing to believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH9H7f97AfI
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 888x1120px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 888x1120px
I'm Proud Christian Identity, sieg heil you kikes
>>
>>26342838
>The chance of you being born were very slim, but you were born regardless, whether you asked for it or not
>Therefore that must mean that you should be grateful for what you have you little shit!
>>
>>26341767
Muslim here.
get fucked kafirs
>>
>>26341998
>in a corner
>posts memes

Kekekek
>>
>>26343465
Not him but when someone says something so stupid it would just be dumb to respond to him seriously.
>>
The existence of God doesn't necessarily create meaning.
Also, if God actually exists or not is secondary.
>>
>>26343327
>prison gay: the religion
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.