[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you workout per week? I try to go 3-5 times.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: workout-focus-main.jpg (34KB, 594x514px) Image search: [Google]
workout-focus-main.jpg
34KB, 594x514px
How often do you workout per week?

I try to go 3-5 times.
>>
Monday Wednesday Friday

and if I'm feeling depressed

also I walk my dog at least 3 miles every day
>>
>>26324548
Id make you suck my cock
>>
>>26324548
>squatting in a smith machine

holy shit what a fucking fag

i don't do regular squats either, i use the sled leg press, but squats IN A SMITH MACHINE is the most useless thing ever
>>
>>26324548
6 days
>>
>>26324548
monday wednesday friday too

Sometimes I skip because lazy/tired
>>
>>26324580
It's what most normies do, if they even squat that is.
>>
>>26324548

3times a week.

You have to let your muscle rest for a day when you are a buguiner wich I am, so going 5 times a week would be retarded and would only proceed to fuck my shit up even more.
>>
>>26324567
I know you 8==================D
>>
>>26324608
Id fuck your ass hard,
>>
>>26324548
4, although I keep hitting a wall in terms of progress.
>>
>>26324548
I usually lift 4-5 times a week, but I'll run almost every day.
>>
>>26324580
This. Totally defeats the purpose of a squat. You're better off just using a leg press machine or doing hack squats on a sled.

I go 2-3x/week and do HIIT 3x/week. Been on 5x5 for a few months now and finally making some real progress.
>>
>>26324667
Burger faggot detected, you lift burgers 4 to 5 times a week?
>>
>>26324608
You can go 5 times a week if you're not doing SL or 5x5. I used to do this when I did really separate days (push day, pull day, shoulder day, leg day). Easier to get away with it when you don't hit the same muscle groups twice in a row.
>>
>>26324580

>I don't do regular squats either
>Leg Press

Pussy ass nigga spotted.
>>
>>26324709
Post a pic and timestamp if you are a beast
>>
>>26324567
>>26324548
>>26324576
>>26324580
>>26324593
>>26324605
>>26324606
>>26324608
>>26324655
>>26324667
If you work out you are not a robot. You are a Chad in progress.
>>
>>26324731
dont bully me, i just cant do them without rounding at the bottom

i load up 9 plates on each side of the sled tho idk what the total weight is. that's going knees to chest basically
>>
Lift three days a week.
Cardio/running two days a week.
Rest two days a week.
>>
>>26324741
I'm not. Pretty strong but also fat at 6' 220lb

Current lifts are 110lb OHP, 195lb bench, 265lb squat, 315lb DL. I want to hit 1/2/3/4 plates on all of those by the end of the year and also get under 200lbs.

I have a ways to go but I have faith that I'm gonna make it if I can stay disciplined and not give up on it.
>>
6 times a week, i'm at my peak physically wise (20 y/o hence high test) and want to know how big i can get naturally before cycling
1.83 m and 95 kg relatively lean atm (barely visible abs)
>>
>>26324882
>being a cheater
>>
File: dinkety dankity.jpg (73KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dinkety dankity.jpg
73KB, 400x400px
>>26324748
You either die a robot or live long enough to see yourself become a Chad
>>
>>26324548
4-5 times... My rotation (without some minor exercises) is

1) legs + deadlift
2) biceps + triceps
3) chest
4) shoulders
>>
>>26324881
>110 OHP

dont mean to hate but nigga i was shouldering the 55 dumbbells when i was 16 for a set of 10 lol

try some dumbbell work or something
>>
What's the point? It won't make my life any better.
>>
>>26324655
You should do three times a week for maximum progress brah
>>
File: lake3.jpg (99KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lake3.jpg
99KB, 960x1280px
>>26324896
mind elaborating?
>>
>>26324764
If you're not bullshitting and can actually leg press 810 pounds, you need to start doing squats. The core and supporting muscles are just as important as the leg muscles you build while squatting.

Start with just the bar and see how high you can go without losing form. If your legs are already that strong, you should be able to move up in weight pretty quickly as your back gets stronger and catches up. Hip stretches and mobility exercises (the agile 8 is a great warmup for squatting) will help you keep from rounding during squats too.

Seriously, your overall fitness will improve greatly. Squats are pretty much the ultimate measure of your overall strength.
>>
>want to start deadlifting
>dont know proper form
>don't want to fuck up my back or knees

;_;
>>
>>26324932
No back day?

Big lats look fucking beastly
>>
>>26324748
You are so new
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1zFeHJzS5E
>>
>>26324548
3 times a week to the gym.
2 times a week I go jogging.
>>
>>26324944
You probably had shit form and The Press is a strict movement, no leg drive and uses a barbell. Most normies start well under 100lbs
>>
7 but 90% of that is running.
>>
File: pepeFIT.png (79KB, 408x660px) Image search: [Google]
pepeFIT.png
79KB, 408x660px
>>26324748
Just think about the opportunities to destroy Stacies later
>>
>>26324944
Standing bar overhead press is vastly different than a seated dumbbell overhead, my friend. Your supporting back muscles are usually the limiting factor rather than shoulder muscles.

Seriously it doesn't seem like it should make that much of a difference, but it's a shock when you go to do them and realize how much you have to go down in weight from seated bar or dumbbell OHP.
>>
>>26325013
Read this.
http://stronglifts.com/deadlift/

Find someone fit at your gym and tell them you're new and want some input on your form. Most gymbros are super friendly and are willing to help out.
>>
EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Literally all I do is benchpress and pushups. My chest, unfortunately however, remains tragically undernourished.
Today I will try 2.5 plates. Last time I tried this weight I almost literally died from getting my chest crushed in. Wish me luck lads.
>>
>>26325105

These niggas are pussies. Guy is here laughing at someone doing standing OHP. He thinks his retardbell and seated bullshit compares. OHP is hard as hell standing up.

We have guys here who pussy out of DEEP squats in favour of leg press.

You need to test your limits with the harder exercises.

Standing OHP/Deep Russian Squats/ Bench Press/ Chin Ups/Deadlifts, not curling and rowing dumbells for an entire session
>>
>>26325149
u even know what overtraining is brah
>>
>>26325149
Holy shit post a picture. You must look like a lanky sewer mutant with breast implants.
>>
>>26325193
Thank you, I'm glad there are people outside of /fit/ who understand this and actually know what they're talking about.

>Standing OHP/Deep Russian Squats/ Bench Press/ Chin Ups/Deadlifts
This is almost exactly my routine. Day 1 is squat/bench/pendlay row/skullcrushers, day 2 is squat/OHP/deadlift/pullups/bar curls. I assume from your comment that you do something similar.
>>
>>26325005

but dood, i've been lifting for a few years already. i kneel on a bench and row a 95lb DB. or 185 on bent bar. benching 185 for 10 idk what max is, never tried and probably wont ever because im not a powerlifter.

i would look like an idiot squatting lmao1pl8 or something, i have no idea how much i could do. how to even get the form right, ive tried them before they just never felt right to me
>>
I usually go to muay thai 3 times a week, but I go to 2 consecutive practices a day when I do. And sometimes an extra on the weekend
>>
Housemate and I hit the gym at least 4 or 5 times a week. I feel like I've plateaued, though. Stuck at 80kg bench, want to hit 100kg but I struggle to hit 3000 calories per day. I'm 6'4 so I should probably be eating even more.
>>
File: 1425254011705.jpg (233KB, 1514x805px) Image search: [Google]
1425254011705.jpg
233KB, 1514x805px
>>26325321
Do this before squatting. It is ridiculous how much better big compound lifts feel when your muscles and joints are loose and properly warmed up.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/defranco-agile-8

It might help to do goblet squats to get your form down too (they make it way easier to balance when you go deep). I used to be the same way as you and thought I'd never be able to squat right. Turns out my hips weren't flexible enough and my back wasn't strong enough.

No reason to feel bad about squatting 1pl8 either. You've been going for a few years, so you should know that literally no one in the gym except DYEL faggots cares how much other people are lifting.
>>
File: DL.jpg (71KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
DL.jpg
71KB, 640x472px
Anyone has tips for how to deadlift with proper form? not matter how much I try, I always end hunching my back, and I don't want to take a trip to snap city.
>>
>>26325535
Hunching back is okay as long as you dont hunch it a lot
>>
>>26325535
Think of it as a hip thrust. You push with your ass basically
Make sure you hold your core as well. When doing the negative, basically drop it, deadlift isnt an exercise you do negatives with
>>
>>26325149
You sound like a fucking moron. Look into a spotter or something, jeez
>>
>>26325149
>2.5 pl8
>no chest
M8 I do 2pl8 at most, and my chest is probably the most developed part of my body. Check your form
>>
>>26325731
this

ive seen dyel looking dudes bench 2 plates and then other dudes who bench 185 for reps and are significantly bigger

it's more about reps and muscle activation than weight if you're doing it for the mass

just be a powerlifter if all you want to do is lift weight
>>
>>26325731
Check your genetics
>>
Im doing ss (inb4 meme workout). Not particularly strong yet but doubled my strength

120kg dl
100kg Squat
and shitty 50kg bench

my bench just isnt improving. I cant move past 50, im going to try it with barbells and add some more cheeky sets of bp though.

Tbqh I'm not very strong but im stronger than everyone else at work because lift for 4 hours a week which is nice
>>
File: KAI-LEG-WORKOUT-ins6.jpg (61KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
KAI-LEG-WORKOUT-ins6.jpg
61KB, 400x277px
Don't squads fuck up your knees?

Granted I have a hyperlordosis, but I tried squats for 6 moths or so and at some point I realised this would eventually wear out my knee joints. I switched back to leg press and do the reps slowly on there and it's great.

I think a lot of people overdo the leg exercises because to WANT TO BE REAL MEN HURR and hurt their knees in the process.There were some Russian guys at my gym who were a small sensation. Every weekend they did leg press sessions and the whole gym would peek at them, because they would slowly crank up the weight until they got to gigantomaniac weights. End of the story was one of them seriously busted his knee and he was never seen in the gym since then. I'd rather not fuck around with the most important limb of my body like that.
>>
Run Monday, Friday, and Saturday.
Lift Sunday and Tuesday.
>>
Three days a week
>>
File: HeinrichHimmler.png (325KB, 350x409px) Image search: [Google]
HeinrichHimmler.png
325KB, 350x409px
2 times a week.

Once at home and once in the gym. I could never train more than 2 times a week. I really don't understand how you guys can do that? My muscles need time to regenerate.
>>
>>26326287
>Don't squads fuck up your knees?
Only if you have shit form AND do more than what they can handle.
>>
>>26326343
Sounds like you have low test
>>
>>26325535
Big breath in, push your chest out like a slut, push your feet down, and don't let that breath out until the weight hits the floor again.

Don't think of it like lifting the weight with your arms or your back will curve. Your arms should just be like little clamps holding the weight.
>>
faggot on a smith machine
>>
>>26326399
Or more like he doesn't know how to separate his days into days like leg day, arm day, chest day, etc.
>>
>>26326434

all in dem hips tho
>>
>Lift four times a week for 3 years
>Make absolute shit progress despite eating 2,500 calories a day
>Decide "fuck it" and start bulking
>Eating 3,400 calories a day
>Finally making gains, went from 175 to 195 pounds at 6'2
>Still hungry skeleton

WHY DID I NOT BULK EARLIER? REEE!
>>
used to do it 4-6x a week now i don't work out at all
>>
>>26326287
>don't squats fuck up your knees?
Not with good form they don't. They make your knees stronger in fact.

Try squatting low-bar, they don't put as much pressure on your knees as high bar squats do.
>>
Went about 4 years working out 4-5 times a week. 3 day split with a martial arts class and a sunday cardio sesh

Started working full time and now the strength trainings lucky to be once a week so about 3 times a week. My upper bodies gone back to scrawny.
>>
>>26324548

Mon - Sat
>>
>>26326496
You still need to eat MORE.
WHATEVER IT TAKES
>>
I go for 2 weightlifting sessions and 4-5 runs a week.
>>
>>26326609
WHY didn't he eat BIG?!?!
>>
>>26326609

I know, but I think I've gained quite a bit of fat as well as muscle. I'm afraid of becoming a fat as fatass because my test is slightly below normal so I'm not gaining muscle as efficiently as I'd like.
>>
File: 1454116265117.jpg (12KB, 457x379px) Image search: [Google]
1454116265117.jpg
12KB, 457x379px
>>26326478
I'm >>26326343
You're right. I do a total body workout each time. I do a mild training session at home and an extensive one at the gym once a week. Is that wrong?

I also feel too tired during the week to train every day, even if I split the days up into body regions.
>>
3-5 times a week and I also try to walk 5km every day.

And also stop fucking saying plates instead of the weight. What the fuck is it really that hard to just typ 225 lbs instead of 2 plates? I just dont get it and it pisses me off and I have been browsing /fit/ for 3 years. Talking about "plates" only makes you sound like retards who try to fit in with "board culture".

end of rant
>>
>>26327302
Then you are unconditioned or are not eating enough. Start doing some cardio and eat more.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.