[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music has really went down hill since the 90s. There were so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (49KB, 360x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 360x388px
Music has really went down hill since the 90s. There were so many different types of music genres topping the charts and you didn't have to be a hot Stacy to make it in the music industry. Now everything is all partying in the club, bleached assholes and big asses.
>>
>>26302033
>Now everything is all partying in the club, bleached assholes and big asses.

You know nothing about the current music scene, faggot
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (202KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
202KB, 717x880px
Would you say you were born in le wrong generation?
>>
>>26302033
No it hasn't. For instance, I used to believe '70s' prog was the shit, then I found Estradasphere and The Mars Volta.

Finding good music is very difficult, but the difficulty is in not giving in to subjectivists' populism that 'there are good songs in every genre', not in era bias.
>>
blame music pirating
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1500x1957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1500x1957px
>>26302066
It's true. Popular music has went down hill. In the 90s all kinds of different genres were on the radio and topping the charts.
>>
File: tubesteak.jpg (45KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tubesteak.jpg
45KB, 700x700px
>>26302033
you're wrong and also retarded

what are you 12
>>
Trends change and evolve, I'm older than you and you will learn to grow out of it. In the meantime, get with the times, gramps.
>>
>>26302135
Dumb ass listen to this stuff
http://youtu.be/gKufCp8NnMk
http://youtu.be/TEAylKJb-to
>>
>>26302076
he's talking about chart music. Of course there are a lot of great artists around nowadays but top 40 radio was a lot better in the 90s
>>
>>26302403
>chart music

Ah, I wouldn't know about that. When I hear normalfag music, I just wonder, 'why is so little happening in this song?' 'the drumming is one quarter of what I hear in my favourites' 'why are the vocals so prominent?' 'why can't they diversify it up a bit?'.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>26302403
Grass is greener bias senpai.
>>
>>26302112
>Popular music
If you're still listening to popular music because of its status then you're in the wrong.
Why would you care more about a musical genre because it is famous ?
>>
I'm in my mid 20s and think pop music today isn't so bad.

Some good vocalists are at least getting attention. Early 2000s when R&B/club rap dominated was the worst.
>>
Popular music was, is, and always will be shit, you dumb faggot
>>
>>26302033
>>26302112
>Popular music is shit

No shit. It's literally built from the ground up to be as catchy and lowest denominator as possible. For every time a song repeats its chorus the chances that it'll be a radio hit go up like 16%. Also, the younger the singer the higher chances it has of being a hit

Pop music was never good
>>
File: 1423194353385.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1423194353385.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>26302886
Do you enjoy smooth jazz?
>>
>>26303003
No. I said it was lowest common denominator and shit. I never said I didn't enjoy it

Lots of pop songs are great but even more are shit

I mostly stick to IDM, ambient, downtempo, noise, and post rock

Those are pretty fedora tier but I don't shit on people's music taste. You can't help liking what you like
>>
>>26303058
>You can't help liking what you like

Yes you can. I am a normalfaggot and I like pop, but I consciously avoid it and seek better stuff instead.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=67PtPGeerzk
>>
File: 1450192209862.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450192209862.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>26303204
why don't you fuck off to reddit? fucking normal fags i fucking hate you WHAT DO YOU THINK ALLOWS YOU TO POST HERE? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26303204
There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying pop music. Like every genre there is good and bad. Its catchy, its fun. Not everything has to be super serious 2deep4u shit, because at the end of the day music is just bleeps and bloops that are pleasing to the ear.

Whenever someone says they hate pop music I question if they also hate candy or jacking off because those are super base, simplistic pleasures like pop music.
>>
I don't know what level of irony this post is. Are we 4 layers in? 5?
>>
>>26304384
Pretty deep anon. I'm thinking level 7 at least.
>>
>>26302033
Mainstream shit is always mainstream shit, people just listened to shit like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc in the 90s - various girl/boy bands, regurgitated, uninspired techno and house, soft rock and Nirvana among other shit.
>>
>>26304264
>why don't you fuck off to reddit?

Because I aspire to be like robots.

>>26304346
>Like every genre there is good and bad.

This argument has always been trivially fallacious.

>There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying pop music.

That's false. Regardless even of wasted time, free will doesn't exist, in the face of which every time I listen to simplistic music, I degenerate my taste, likely permanently, thus keeping myself from pursuing better stuff.
>>
File: 1385070250670.jpg (45KB, 558x418px) Image search: [Google]
1385070250670.jpg
45KB, 558x418px
>>26304687
So again, do you like candy or sex?
>>
>>26302198
hey my friend, I like your taste. Do not listen to the kids here and just listen to what you like. Alice in Chains was a good band, however if you do some digging you will find some good bands now too. Trust me, they are just not as popular.
>>
>>26304729
I suppose so? I don't think those have the power to damage your brain the way bad music has.
>>
File: fourdora.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fourdora.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>26304815
Bad music doesn't damage your brain though.

You shouldn't eat candy because it can damage your palate for more sophisticated dishes.

You shouldn't have sex either because its the most base form of pleasure and doesn't engage the mind at all. You need to spend that time you would having sex or jacking off reading philosophy or learning an instrument.
>>
>>26304815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KT-r2vHeMM
>>
>>26304910
yeah mama this surely is a dream
>>
Favorite artists:
Purity Ring
xxyyxx
Flying Lotus
Shlomo
ODESZA
RAC
Giraffage
Chrome Sparks
SOHN
Banks
Born Gold

Music is good for me OP.
>>
Hangin' round downtown by myself
And I had so much time
To sit and think about myself
And then there she was
Like double cherry pie
Yeah there she was
Like disco superfly
I smell sex and candy here
Who's that lounging in my chair
Who's that casting devious stares
In my direction
Mama this surely is a dream
Yeah mama this surely is a dream
Hangin' round downtown by myself
And I had too much caffeine
And I was thinkin' 'bout myself
And then there she was
In platform double suede
Yeah there she was
Like disco lemonade
In my direction
In my direction
Yeah mama this must be my dream
>>
There are plenty of modern artist out there that are musically just as good as those of the 90s if not better. OP is just projecting his reddit feels because he is only limiting his music spectrum down to radio hits.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.