[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why weren't you a child prodigy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: e69caae591bde5908d1.jpg (38KB, 562x383px) Image search: [Google]
e69caae591bde5908d1.jpg
38KB, 562x383px
Why weren't you a child prodigy?
>>
>>26298567
I dont fucking know, you tell me.
>>
Tried to play soccer in 2nd grade. Wasn't good at it and my parents never signed me up for anything else.
>>
>>26298567
>You will never scramble up onto the stage while she's performing a solo, pin her down, and start slobbering all over her armpits.
>>
Because playing the violin doesn't do fuck all and I didn't have try hard parents.
>>
im not asian

You have been muted for 8 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
Mt parents never really pushed me and I didn't care enough to practice diligently at anything.

Plus it seems like I'm inherently terrible at everything I try, so it doesn't really matter
>>
Because I passed all of my prodigy genes down to my children.

Seriously there's three of them. It is very strange because we are idiots.
>>
Because it wouldn't have changed anything. Child prodigies are just that, CHILD prodigies. Most of them will be forgotten as they grow older.
>>
>>26298656
Highly doubtful. Every parent thinks their kids are special little snowflakes who are going to grow up to be the next president or world renowned musician or elite athlete or whatever.

Even more unlikely you hit a home run with three.
>>
>>26298567
At least I won't hit my peak at 8 years old and then go downhill from there
>>
>>26298567
I was, sorta. It's what made life unbearable as an adult for reasons mentioned by >>26298689
>>
I'm just incompetent in general. Parents gave me piano lessons but I sucked.
>>
I have an IQ of 150 but I'm not a prodigy

wtf am i doing wrong
>>
>>26298759

Taking IQ tests instead of playing sports or an instrument.
>>
parents never really forced anything on me, I wanted to be put in soccer, karate, guitar and dance lessons. I only was put in art lessons and violin lessons, both only continued until 6th grade. I was shit and violin and I was alright with art, I really liked the art lessons though, I always thought it was fun.
>>
I got obsessed with video games and movies rather than something constructive.
>>
>>26298705
>tfw father of an 11 year old soccer prodigy
>little fucker is scoring magnus effect goals and doing backflip kicks and shit on the field
>playing in the local amateur league because the school won't let him cause he's too good and "it's unfair to all the other keeeds boohohooo ;_; "
>getting scouted by private high schools to play for them
>most likely will have a bright future full of scholarships maybe even pro (hopefully) if he doesn't suffer an injury or just lose interest in the sport
Weird feels famiglia, considering I've been a total potato at sports my entire 26 years in this world :^( his mother's side of the family are football chads not soccer
>>
What counts? I skipped 3 grades in school. I wouldn't say I was a genius though, just not a moron.
>>
>>26298987
How does anyone skip grades? Did your parents push for it? How did the school confirm that you already knew all the shit that was going to be taught in the next 3 grades?
>>
I was.

No one cared because I was a white boy.
>>
I was really good at quake 2.
>>
>>26298628
>>26298922

>Mt parents never really pushed me
>implying child prodigies became child prodigies through hard work
yeah, cause a 7 y/o who played piano for 1 week and has mastered dozens of technical etudes is a real hard worker
>>
>>26299020
Well for me, my teachers just happen to notice that I did not even remotely struggle with that they were giving me. I was given some tests to evaluate my level, they talked to my parents and they bumped me up 3 grades. That was it.
>>
>>26299069
>cause a 7 y/o who played piano for 1 week and has mastered dozens of technical etudes is a real hard worker

You don't know shit about piano lol
>>
Shitty parents
>>
>>26299120
I've been playing for 8 years, and as somebody who could play Chopin's technical etudes within a year of practise, I can confirm that its all about luck of the draw. There are people who pay for teachers, rigorously study for years and cant manage shit. How do you explain them?
>>
>>26298567
Because my parents were a pair of fucktards.
>>
>>26298705
No, I actually have three prodigies.

But I don't think any of them will go on to be the next da Vinci or whatever.
>>
>>26299201
(In the sense of, they were literally retarded (one with IQ marginally above average, but a schizotypal crazy, another with IQ below average), and so I lack the good genes required.)
>>
>>26299190
That's actually pretty impressive. I'm taking it back
>>
>>26299190
Not to mention famous pianists like beethoven and Liszt (arguably the one of the top 3 greatest pianists of all time) hated, or at least grew a disdain for child prodigies.
>>
don't know, and i don't care enough to ask a prodigy how they think
>>
because only asians look at having children as a huge responsibility. Whites and blacks just shit them out and shower them with "love" and all that does is make soft entitled useless shits like myself
>>
Because I'm untalented.
>>
Because my parents aren't dictators that force their kid into hours of shit they hate because they want some prodigy trophy child to show off to other people and make up for their own lack of self worth. Do you think that girl gives a fuck about the violin? She probably just wants to hang with friends or watch spingebib like every else
>>
>>26298958
>11 year old son
>is 26 years old.

uh, ????

you had the kid when you were 15?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.