[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies find this funny?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Tiny-Hippo1.jpg (115KB, 710x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny-Hippo1.jpg
115KB, 710x1969px
Why do normies find this funny?
>>
>>26297764
>lol thats so somthing i would do!
>tags 14 stacies
>omg so random!
>this is sooo my sense of humor!
>>
because "omg thats so ironic LOL"

irony is a defining feature of postmodernity
>>
>>26297764
THAT RAVEN IS NOT TINY. IT IS A STANDARD-SIZED RAVEN.
CONSIDER ME OFFENDED.
>>
>>26297764
I think it has to do with pattern recognition. people here recognize how quaint and "lol so randum" this comic is right from the first panel, so when they get to the last panel none of their expectations are violated

>>26297912
irony can be funny when done right

read delillo or nabokov
>>
>>26297950
its a tiny oak tree so maybe your sense of perception is fooling you
>>
>>26297764
It's surrealist humour
The shanking and ebonics used at the end seem out of place with the rest of the comic, which is presented in the style of a children's story book
The violent act of shanking is also something that is not usually associated with "cute" things like tiny hippo, also tying into the surrealist humour this comic is trying to convey
The violent act itself is also like to cause laughter or some similar reaction as it is quite unexpected from the "cute" tiny hippo character
Laughter is a common reaction humans have when something they weren't expecting happens that isn't a threat
>>
>>26297965
Thanks for that paragraph you fucking loser.
>>
>>26297965
I actually do appreciate the paragraph anon. Thanks
>>
File: rude.png (72KB, 317x266px) Image search: [Google]
rude.png
72KB, 317x266px
>>26298031
you're a piece of shit, if you don't have anything nice to say then just go fuck yourself
>>
>>26297965
saying it's that set of concepts is kind of off the mark, in reality it's massively derivative OF those general concepts

the concepts done well can be funny. unexpected informality in a formal situation can be funny. disproportionate and unexpected violence in a quaint situation can be funny.

this comic, of which ten billion variations exist, all drawn by talentless pointless fucking hipster niggers with full knowledge of and okayness with being derivative pieces of shit, is not funny.

of course, tell them this, and you're just a meanie. everything is good! even semi-intentional schlocky shit! yaaaay tumblr!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.