[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you say "movies that women will never understand",

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1443061502992.jpg (1MB, 2011x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1443061502992.jpg
1MB, 2011x2000px
When you say "movies that women will never understand", you mean they'll never understand them because they can't appreciate the principle of struggle, right? I just want to make sure I understand this right - women live life on super easy mode and never have to struggle for anything as everything is basically handed to them, and as such when they see the movies in pic related and others like them they legitimately can't understand why certain characters struggle in a seemingly illogical fashion or fight unnecessary (in their eyes) fights, and they also can't comprehend the concepts of honour, justice, self-development and improvement, righteousness, etc.
>>
Yeah, that's all pretty accurate.
>>
Women are simply considerably less evolved than men. You can argue that this is men's fault as well(which it obviously is), but fact is women are much more animalistic. This is why they have no concept of camaraderie, self sacrifice, loyalty, etc. They are simply not evolved enough to be placed in the same position as men but they still are.
>>
Man on fire was Fucking amazing brilliant acting
>>
this is so pretentious, i wonder how many struggles you've encountered in your life, big guy, was it hard to reach the doritos from your bed this morning?
>>
I can legitimately say that women don't understand the practice swords fight in the rain in The Last Samurai.

My gf was asking me why he didn't just stay down and I teared up a little thinking about why he wouldn't
>>
There are different types of struggle. Most of those movies involve artificial struggle, or struggles that the protag put upon himself. Don't read too much into it.

However, you'll never understand movies about genuine "I never asked for this" struggle.
>>
>>26293751
>However, you'll never understand movies about genuine "I never asked for this" struggle.
Such as?
>>
This list always cracks me the fuck up. I think I could laugh for hours on end just reading the explanations for every title on that list that I've watched. I plan on watching the others, too, just so I can amuse myself trying to figure out why, exactly, women aren't supposed to relate to the male characters or understand what it's all about.

Case in point: Gattaca
>awesome sci-fi story about the perils of eugeny and the inequalities and discrimination that might stem from genetic engineering technology being selectively applied to individuals before their very conception
>females can't understand it because the main character is male!
>the two male characters are essentially cheating the system; the wheelchair-bound dude wants the notoriety and the genetic pariah surrenders his very identity because he really just waaaaaaaaants into space even though his heart condition might become a problem to the whole team
>muh honor and self-sacrifice

I'm missing Fight Club, though. I love it when niggas think that the portrayal of hypermasculinity is supposed to be positive or subversive in any way. Oh and don't forget American Beauty. Also 500 Days of Summer That Bitch.
>>
>>26293514
Robots are so pathetic that they have to experience struggle through shitty third-rate movies.
>>
>>26293080
Is it like some kind of /r9k/ hobby to watch shit, loudly proclaim "women would never understand this" to their empty rooms, and then go back to shitposting?

Here's a hint - if you don't think women would understand something and there's fanfiction for it, you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>26294372
>lawrence of arabia
>shitty

can the 14 year old leave?
>>
>>26294371
>>muh honor and self-sacrifice
the reason why its on their is the whole beta alpha dynamic
the inferior genetic people (betas) are caste aside by society

man I don't even browse this board that much but that was a piss easy analysis
you're just retarded
>>
File: dante.jpg (13KB, 256x189px) Image search: [Google]
dante.jpg
13KB, 256x189px
>>26293839
>"Never asked for this" struggle

Does that mean that Clerks qualifies? After all, he wasn't even supposed to be there that day.
>>
>>26294430
>Is it like some kind of /r9k/ hobby to watch shit, loudly proclaim "women would never understand this" to their empty rooms, and then go back to shitposting?
Yes, yes it is.

Now go away.
>>
>>26294430
There used to be movie threads on r9k and some were about movies which women wouldn't understand. I guess the whores and normalfags who infest this board got upset that robots wanted to see and discuss movies in which the protagonists were underdogs/outcasts who struggled and succeeded against all odds and once again decided to criticize and ad hominem until people stopped making the threads entirely. Fuck off Chad, why can't we discuss these things?
>>
>>26294430
call the fire department
cause this roasty is getting toasty
>>
>>26294482
They had a good reason not to let him into the team. The two characters were cheating for selfish reasons, which is the opposite of muh honor and self-sacrifice. It's understandable, but it's anti-heroic. I like anti-heroes, but they aren't role models or complimentary portrayals of whatever you think they are supposed to represent.

Also, yeah, the situation was unjust, but I guess you'd be the ones shushing the SJWs denouncing it. The story is supposed to make you think "How do we keep this from happening?" and not "How can we cheat the system once it happens?"

I wonder how many robots who rooted for Hawke's character also think that make-up is immoral because it supposedly improves the mating prospects of a genetically inferior woman.
>>
File: .jpg (44KB, 375x335px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
44KB, 375x335px
>fucking chads and cunts will never understand our struggle
>>
File: böna.jpg (222KB, 1241x1600px) Image search: [Google]
böna.jpg
222KB, 1241x1600px
Could someone please explain to me the thing with drive, I mean i've seen it and all but I don't get why people praise it and the message?

ot: I do miss fight club from that list too.
>>
>>26294761
Autismal revenge fantasies.
>>
>>26293158
>less evolved

Calm down there, professor.
>>
>>26294761
/tv/ memes
it really wasn't good and was about an autist that became a cvck to some spic

cinematography was good though
>>
>>26293080
>Point Break
>no Glengarry Glen Ross
everything else I agree with.
>>
>>26294692
It's a story about talent and merit taking precedence over elements we cannot control, like genetics. The main character deserves his happy ending because he worked twice as hard to receive it as did the others on the space ship.
>>
Most of those movies blow and are in fact very womanly movies. Like Her, for example. I can only see betas and women liking that shit. Or nicholas cage films.
>>
>>26294372
>Lawrence of Arabia
>Aguirre
>400 Blows
>Seven Samurai
>shit

I think you lost your way little kid. The Disney Channel is the other way
>>
>>26295004
Name one film besides Her on that list which is "womanly."
>>
>>26295004
Which of those movies exactly blow?
>>
File: men will never understand.jpg (1MB, 2011x2000px) Image search: [Google]
men will never understand.jpg
1MB, 2011x2000px
come on now it goes both ways
>>
>>26295292
>American Psycho

Kek. Are you fucking kidding me? Thats a movie a man wouldn't understand at its core? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>26295292
>Chocolat
I understand very well your bbc fantasies
>>
Mainly what you tacked on to the end of your OP, but yes.
>>
>>26293080
I'm not a woman but there wasn't anything to understand about Drive, it was just pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>26295292
>American Psycho
>the book was written by a man
I... what?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.