[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For thousands of years, we built shelters for ourselves to keep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: display_image.php.jpg (224KB, 1032x1400px) Image search: [Google]
display_image.php.jpg
224KB, 1032x1400px
For thousands of years, we built shelters for ourselves to keep out the cold that is our fear of death. These shelters were religions, institutions, social and sexual mores, etc. Now there are people who seek to tear those shelters down because they want everyone to be "rational" and "modern" and see the truth which is obviously that it's cold outside. People who believe that in shedding our traditions, our belief systems, our old ways of life. The thing is, we've all long forgotten just how cold it is outside or why we're even living in shelters at all. And so a lot of us have left our shelters, our identities, to follow these fools. Now we just huddle together with no security, trying to stay warm. What's going to happen to us?
>>
Rationality is the bane of humanity. Autists and spergs influence so much, they've stripped humanity of its soul, and left it to die.
>>
>>26290339
all those things are reminders that we aren't merely animals
but highly advanced beings with powerfully creative minds
>>
>>26290339
>back into the cave, everybody!

literal intellectual cowardice
>>
>What's going to happen to us?

Either the Last Man or the Ubermensch
>>
>>26290339
>think it's some pic of an ancient whorehouse, have always thought it was
>look a bit closely
>blood dripping from stairs
>wonder why since the clothes he's wearing and his spear looks pretty clean, he's got a pretty happy face on too like some average friday night with the whores
>look closely at the females
>one laying on the floor is pretty qt
>wish I could draw like that
>chuckle since even back then no one liked landwhales
>wonder why some hands are bound and some aren't
>think it's probably just some ancient fetish thing
>look more closely
>look again
>there's fucking decapitated rotting heads in the bottom left corner

what the fuck is going on in the picture
>>
>>26290602
as the poster above said, rationality is the bane of humanity. we ARE merely animals, and we've chosen to take life into our own hands rather than live by the laws of nature and fair survival alongside other species. we're sick in the head, you see?
>>
>>26290741
Brennus' share of the loot after conquering rome.
>>
>>26290741
Rape of a bunch of poor innocent girls.
>>
File: ab3.jpg (66KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
ab3.jpg
66KB, 600x709px
>>26290789

>ancient rome
>poor innocent girls
>>
>>26290339
The real question is what the fuck the girl in the bottom left is doing with her hands.
>>
>>26290847
G A U L E D
A
U
L
E
D
>>
>>26290847

Praying, probably.
>>
>>26290742
>rationality is the bane of humanity

Do you even realize what you said just now? You used rationality to make such a statement. Logic, reason, etc. is part of what distinguishes man from beast. Nature designed us with rationality and I'm damn glad it did. If you believe so strongly the erroneous claims you make, go get a lobotomy and have some doctors scoop out your fuxking frontal lobe so you're nothing more than an unthinking invalid. Why are you so fucking stupid?
>>
>>26290882
hashtag blown the fuck out
>>
>>26290339
>religions
Yeah, these helped explain existence, and why things occurred that were difficult to find the causes of (i.e. storms were Zeus/Poseidon rather than moisture and temperature fluctuations moving air rapidly).
We're trying to do that through scientific method these days.
>b-but morals
Ethical teaching and enforced laws tend to work better these days.

>institutions
We have those. Wot?

>social and sexual mores
These have always been subjective, and ever-changing. For example, it was considered a social more in ancient Hellas to wait until a girl had her period before fucking her. These days, we wait until they're of a random age of consent in various countries. Don't get me started on boys.

>"rational and modern"
Behaving in a well-thought out way that is also acceptable in our current societal context is a good thing.

By the way, why are you having nostalgia for those days? If disease or starvation didn't get you, old age at 45+ would. You certainly wouldn't be able to read, much less express your opinion without punishment, and your rights as a human would not exist beyond the mercy of whoever commanded the most soldiers.

Not that today is perfect, but damn I'd prefer to live now.

>tl;dr stop whining
>>
File: IMG-20160203-WA0018.jpg (945KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160203-WA0018.jpg
945KB, 3264x1836px
Good post tbqh, OP

Got some more?
>>
>>26290882
Thank you my nigro.
>>
>>26290339
it is not quite as cold as it once was.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.