[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How miserable is working fast food?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: 1284673992.png (287KB, 640x385px) Image search: [Google]
1284673992.png
287KB, 640x385px
How miserable is working fast food?
>>
It's hot, loud, has shit pay and you have to always be busy/look busy or else you get yelled at. I barely survived my three months at McDonald's.
>>
>>26285786
It's okay if you work in a white or asian neighborhood

Don't work fast food around dirt-colored people
>>
There are not many worse jobs. Working at Walmart was 10 times better
>>
It's mostly fine, but when someone else fucks up and you end up having to take the blame for then you start wondering why you even bother.
>>
>>26285786
Is easy as fuck. Work smart and quick, and you'll move up quickly.
>>
>>26285786

Its not, it was the easiest job I had tbqh
>>
>>26285786
It's pretty damn bad
>>
>>26285987
"move up" LMAO
>>
>worked at a fast food joint three days before it opened
>worked like crazy, corporate dudes acted like pushy and customers in a hurry
>did this for nine hours (8am to 7pm) then clean the entire place for the next three hours
>most of the crew were beaners who came from another fast food place
>they were all buddy-buddy with the managers and half the workers barely spoke english
>white workers got ignored and treated like shit unless they spoke spanish
>lunch rush came around 11am every day
>nonstop line from the door to the counter, easily 30 feet away, that never let up until 2pm
>constantly get yelled at in spanish for lagging even a little bit or fucking up a burger
I'm 6'5" and the grills and fryers were always just short enough that I had to hunch over and it was murder on my back.
>got lectured when I was short by one container of fries (as in a single small cup of fries) while a beaner bitch held up the entire kitchen for ten minutes because of fries and nobody said a word
>policy said we couldn't leave orders on the counters until the person picked it up, then got shat on for "playing around" at the front counter and not helping bag food
>radio constantly playing terrible mariachi music or pop country like George Strait, Carrie Underwood, Alan Jackson, etc
>got yelled at every time I made any type of snide comment about the place, even just to myself
>was complimented on the fact I showed up to work sick and then got fired for being slow on the same day
It was an absolute nightmare. Every person I told about that place would sympathize, but the minute they found out I got paid $11/h they told me I was an idiot for letting that opportunity go. I'd rather work at Goodwill again, being paid $7.50/h and almost always staying an hour later than scheduled. At least everyone but one supervisor liked me.

Unless you're literally homeless I'd stay away. I never wanted to blow my fucking brains out so badly before in my entire life.
>>
>>26285913

>walmart
>climate controlled mega centres
>hot as fuck outside in the summer, nice and chilly inside
>warm and cozy in the winter
>can hide from bosses pretty easily and fuck the dog all day long if you know how to
>never in a rush unless you're working the till

Working at walmart is cozy as fuck

I never worked at Walmart, but I've worked at large chain department stores like it. Such easy fucking work, jesus christ
>>
File: 1454018791662.jpg (71KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454018791662.jpg
71KB, 480x360px
Actually it's an okay job. Pay sucks, but the work requires no thinking at all, and sometimes that's rather positive. I have been working at McShit for the past two years, and you get used to it. People are okay, met an awesome guy who is now one of my bros. Also fucking around with costumers can be fun, and when you know how, you can spend most of the time chilling. I once even managed to make it trough an entire 8 hour shift without working once, always managed to look busy.
>>
I don't mind the work or the employee banter or even the rushes, even when we're slow, I'm always pretty good about finding some way to keep myself looking busy.
But holy shit middle aged white women should literally be banned from leaving the house.
Every time it's exactly the same

>pulls up in husband's truck
>leaves engine running while trying to order and attempts to scream over it
>acts condescending because I can't understand a word she's saying
>gets impatient and honks if she doesn't get her drink right away because I'm dealing with another customer
>never has money ready at the window, despite bitching at how long she was sitting there
>always tacks on more and more a la carte food at the window, then bitches that it's too expensive
>pays with her husband's credit card anyways
>complains to me about things I'm not even in control of (last time I came here I didn't get enough napkins, my drink has too much ice, etc.)
>sits at the window digging through every bag and every box looking for something to complain about
>holds up the line for several minutes while asking for individual condiments
>bitches at me for 'forgetting' something from her order, despite reading the whole order back while she was at the drive-thru and again at the window before she paid

Then of course, you have the "Can I talk to your manager?" spoken as if it's some sort of threat. Guess what, the manager thinks you're a cunt, too.
>>
>>26285987
>move up

To what?
>>
>>26285874

its true, I'm only slightly racist, but its so fucking true this
>>
>>26286055
>was complimented on the fact I showed up to work sick
Why does every bullshit low paying job expect you to come in sick? What the fuck.
>>
Easy as fuck. It's just repeating the same thing everyday, you can do your whole job on autopilot. The hardest part of the job is making yourself look busy when you're not doing anything and a manager's around, but just pick up a broom and start sweeping or something. And I hardly ever dealt with shitty customers or shitty coworkers. Maybe I was just lucky though because when I worked fast food, I worked in a white upper middle class neighborhood.
>>
>>26286547
Complaining is pretty much the only joy middle aged dried up cunts have left.
>>
>>26286055
ayyyy gringo
>>
>>26287835
to the register!
>>
>>26288431
>It's just repeating the same thing everyday

Like, uh, every job on earth?
>>
File: 1454022806485.jpg (298KB, 1128x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1454022806485.jpg
298KB, 1128x1228px
I worked at McD for 7 years, and I am an autist like most of you faggots. Unless you are a charming 7/10+ you won't move up at all. Charisma is 905 of the job, skill is 10% the rest. It is seriously hard to be bad at McD. I have worked everything but cashier, and was a pro at it. No one liked me, and my bosses refused to promote me. It's literally like high school all over again. It is hot, and they never fix the fucking AC in the summer. You always have to be moving. (If you got time to lean, you got time to clean). Tall men are always subject to disgusting short fat woman wills. Most of the time, the boss is a feminazi or some creepy ass half japanese man who is trying to build a harem of tiny females for his collection.

The job is shit. I've worked it in 2 different states on two different sides of the country. It only gets worse the more people and minorities there are.
>>
>>26285874
>>26288162
I am the complete opposite, I am incredibly racist, but I would be bored out of my mind if the negros I am serving didn't amuse me with their antics, everyday there is always something

maybe if everyone around me is a failure and I live in a shithole I don't contrast with my surroundings as much, I don't feel as much of a loser
>>
>>26288528
I just want a menial labor job where I don't have to think or talk, just take orders
Why is it so hard to find ?
>>
>>26288162
They barely speak English so Jesus Christ it's a nightmare to have one of those baboons as your manager.
>>
>>26285786
Work maccas night shift.
Chill as fuck except weekends.
People on nights are all 25+ and dont give a fuck.
Get everything done and still able to fuck around.
Only downside is morning manager a cunt but she comes in at 5 and i finish at 7 so not too bad.
If youre going to maccas get nights. But prepare to woek. Dayshift think we do fuck all, but we do a shit load more, includimg everything dayshift are suppose to do as th et always 'leave it, nightshift will get it'
But if you learn the routine quick its a piece of piss.
>>
>>26288638
You are looking at the wrong jobs. Look into janitorial work if you want something like that. Maintenance even pays better.
>>
>>26288662
Qleo, learn cashier if you want promoted, else you will be crew member for.ever.
>tfw crew member on nightshift, due to pay rises and that extra nightshift money i get more than dayshift managers.
>>
>>26286055
>coming in to work sick
>to make fast food

this is why I dont eat out. disgusting.
>>
>>26288729
I was night crew part time maintenance, made a dollar more than my other co workers.
>>
>>26288745
You apply to a security job, and or part time maintenance at literally anywhere. you gotta look senpai.
>>
>>26288405
>>26288749
I called in the night before to request the day off but the bitch manager said no. She told me it was because I used a sick day the week before and I had to make up the time, which made zero sense to me.
>>
>>26285786
unemployed for 5 years

think i have a chance at grocery? i dontwant to do fast food
>>
>go to fast food with spics, crackas, teenagers
>order comes fast and correct
>go to fast food where basketballs work
>takes 20 minutes for a double cheesburger and they give you a half eaten mkchicken

and now im a racist, ask me anything.
>>
Night shift in white trash aussie town here, i do night shift.

it sucks big time, i wish i had a better job.

I'm tired of being the oldest guy there (im 20, surrounded by 17 year olds.)

im the loner who works nights....

at least the pay is good, if only my whore mother would stop gambling all my fucking money away.
>>
File: original.png (166KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
166KB, 500x304px
>>26285786
BTW, thsi anime is fantastic for all you peeps who have not watched.
>>
>>26286055
where the fuck do you live

new mexico?
>>
>>26288752
In the uk its a quid. Plus your additional pay if you pass your pay reviews.

I make 8.23 an hour.
Managers are on 7.90
>>
>>26288817
Cry me a river.

I'm 28, I work at Subway with a bunch of 18 year olds. My manager is a bitch who got promoted because the boss has a crush on her, she specializes in looking busy while fucking shit up. She's a teenager who whines that I don't respect her. I wonder why.
>>
>>26288817
>17 on nightshift.
Call your loxal authorites. This is illegal.
Call corporate.
>>
>>26286151
>Also fucking around with costumers can be fun,
elaborate

because if its shit like in super troopers, then im glad i never get fast food
>>
>>26288858
What is a "Right to work" state. If the kid agrees, they can let him.
>>
>>26288836
Name? Cant watch if no idea what it is brah
>>
>>26288880
That sucks.
My maccas everyone is 25+
Most i know.in my area are 20+ year olds on nights.
Sucks to be you bro.
>tfw best friend ans 2 other mates work beside you.
Its great mate.
>>
>>26288889
The devil is a part timer. "Hataraku Mao-sama!" for you Jap name sluts.
>>
>>26288919
Where I worked, there was 16-60 year olds. I kid you not. Old as fuck people, running the cash and the stock. Seriously, USA is fucked up sometimes.
>>
>>26288858
no i work night shift, they are there when i arrive, and they show up when i leave.
>>
>>26288836
What anime is this?

Title?
>>
>>26288854
sorry to hear that man, im glad im only 20, thanks man.
>>
>>26288945
>tfw 30
>tfw probably gonna be here at 60
>>26288950
Oh, yeah i know that feel.
>all those teen girls though mate.
>>
>>26288979
>all those teen girls though mate.

all those teen girls
the type you could never pull in high school
you look at all these kids hooking up and realize how easy it would have been
>>
>>26288854
I know that feel.
>tfw work at maccas for 4 years
>girl started 6 months ago.
>lose night shift manager
>shes getting promoted because when the assistant came on nights she was up his ass while we just got on with work.
>>
>>26289004
I know.
They even chat and laugh with you and you think damn how i fucked up in hs.
>>
>>26288968
The Devil is a part timer, or "hataraku Maousama"
>>
>>26289022
how do you read me so...?
>>
>work at burger king overnight
>literally one customer every 10 minutes through the drive-tru and the rest of the time is spent watching tv

not bad for minimum wage
>>
>>26289042
I think if i had wprked maccas at 17 i wouldnt be socially fucked up.
>>
>>26289078
heck even 18 could work
>>
>tfw no one will teach you how to be cashier

I just want to have an actual skill but no, I have to fucking mop and clean and do other menial shit. Fuck this job and fuck those people. Maybe if I was a cute little girl they would let me be front end but nope , the fat old retard has to stay hidden. FUCK them all
>>
>>26289153
7 years my friend, they didn't even ask... 7 years... ugly males don't get it. If you are lucky, you can work back booth drive through, or even front booth to hand out food. I didn't get to do that till my last year.
>>
Reading shit like this makes me appreciate working the register in a supermarket rather than fast food.
>>
>>26289205
The best part is being made fun of by the normie college kid coworkers who always teasingly ask the manager: when's anon gonna be on cash?

And then that faggot just laughs and dodges the question.
>>
>>26289262
>tfw dont want to be trained on service.
>everyone knows it.
>managers keep joking "youre on top window tonight anon"
Least they dont make me do it and are chill enough to make jokes.
>>
>>26289262
Dairy Queen downtown is my only option for a job, and I am so scared of failing at the math for cashier it is pathetic. I can't do decimals in my head unless I take a minute or two. I would rather do menial shit, but I guess the shifts rotate.

Wat do
>>
>>26289457
You do not need to do math. The machine tells you want to give, you just do it. IT says 5.65$ you had them a 5, 2 quarters a dime and a nickel. Its that easy.
>>
>>26289457
you just push buttons whenever people say what they want and the machine totals it for you and tells you how much change to give
some machines also tell you the least amount of coins needed to make the change, so you don't need to think at all
>>
>>26289489
>>26289487
It is the change part that fucking scares me.

Register asks for $17.62, they hand me $20.

Top of my head that's 2.38... I think? But that is easy. Shit like 50 - 21.55 fucks with me.
>>
>>26289735
the machine does that for you too. you dont do any math whatsoever, you just grab the change from the register and that's it
>>
Sometimes its fine, sometimes it sucks, sometimes you want to kill everyone and burn the place down and sometimes you get to slack off all shift and eat free food
>>
>>26289735
The machine does it for you this isnt the fucking '30s
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.