[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >senior in HS (18, shut the fuck up with the inb4

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 9bc.png (1MB, 928x1129px) Image search: [Google]
9bc.png
1MB, 928x1129px
>be me
>senior in HS (18, shut the fuck up with the inb4 underage replies)
>take sat
>worried, feel like i did shit on it
>fuckit.jpg
>go through junior and senior years slacking off
>after taking sat in senior year, remember that i put my secondary email on it for colleges to contact me
>curious to see how many shitty colleges emailed me, open up secondary email
>fucking brown and dartmouth are interested in me
>what
>THE FUCK
>literally have a cancer gpa, apparently i got high ass test scores though

MFW I could never afford to go to either.
>>
>>26267784
You left yourself wide open, and uoeeno
>>
One thing i dont get is how there are supposed good universities and not so good ones. I cant think of a way that would be checked. and even if there are some differences in quality, it should never be enough to justify certain universities fame, or extremely high tuition costs.

It all seems like a scam to me.
>>
>>26267876
It's the same reason that there are different classes of people (not economically speaking, I mean socially) such as us robots, the wizards, the normies, the chads, the stacies, etc.

There's a standard set by Ivy League schools, such as Brown and Dartmouth, such as both of them having an acceptance rate below 20%, and only accepting exceptional students. Places like this become this way because of the original foundation and shit.
>>
>>26267784
colleges are businesses they all want your money. anybody can get in these days.
>>
>>26267989
So its all about going to famous universities so that you mingle with the upper class? Does sound like its worth a lifetime of debt.

You will learn the same stuff in literally any college, especially in the first few years.
>>
Go to the place where you think you'll get a job. fuck the typical bullshit about learning shit. the anons are right: it's a business. the days have passed when it was about education. that was way back during ancient greece, where people were content with their careers and learning was a hobby, a means of existing through widening your scope of perception. I'd like to think that that spirit had its fate set out with the library of Alexandria. Go to the place that has the best track record for students getting fat stacks after. that's the most important thing. fuck literally everything else and everyone else. I'm just doing the minimum amount of work needed to get some job that pays a medium salary, something that I can work up to increase. nowadays, nothing else matters. anyone trying to tell you otherwise is not your friend.
>>
How was the trip from Reddit?
>>
>>26268021
College is mostly useful for building connections that you can exploit in the future. It's more useful to build connections with the wealthy and elite.
>>
Maybe we should raise the age limit to 21 and up.
>>
Just go to community college and transfer, holy shit. It would also give you more time to save money. If they don't want you after that, it's proof that they just wanted your money.
>>
>>26268366
>let's help him get stuck in a dead end community college
Sounds great
>>
>>26267784
Brown has fantastic financial aid. At least go for it anon. Save yourself
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.