[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else absolutely terrified of the dark? >run through

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (39KB, 359x393px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39KB, 359x393px
Is anyone else absolutely terrified of the dark?

>run through the house at night when I have to use the bathroom
>use computer as a night light
or
>sleep with head completely engulfed under a blanket, paralyzed with fear

How do you guys cope?
>>
>>26263170
Not really scared of the dark, but since I've been hearing voices in my head I usually keep a light on outside my room and let my door open just a crack so the bedroom isn't dark.

Give it a try anon, fuck the electricity bill.
>>
>>26263170
Copious amounts of animu, friendo.
>>
>>26263186
sounds like it would be worse desu familah
>>
>>26263186
Leaving the door open would make me really uncomfortable. I think it's time to invest in an actual night light.
>>
>being scared of the dark past 16

are you religious or superstitious, or do you just live somewhere some thug is likely to rape or kill you?
>>
I used to be.

Now i can't sleep at all unless my room is 100% pitch black and dead quiet.
>>
I used to be fucking terrified up until my mid teens of the dark, every fucking noise, creak, bit of movement, cause me to turn the light right back fucking on.

You won't like to hear this, but I got over it just by just unplugging that fucking lamp and sleeping in the fucking dark. I find it help to KEEP MY EYES FUCKIGN SHUT NO MATTER WHAT, my fear seemed to stem to staring into the fucking darkness and wondering what the fuck that noise was, or why that shadow is shaped oddly like a fucking person, or what the fucking movement was. When i kept my eyes shut, I couldnt see what wasn't there. Eventually I just got used to it, now i can't sleep with any lights on, they bother me. Good luck OP.
>>
>>26263219
None of the above, I live in a predominately white neighborhood and I am 20. It's completely irrational, I know.
>>
>>26263170
I sleep at 6am when the sun rises cause I'm afraid of the night, I'm 26. neet.
>>
>>26263170
>How do you guys cope?
Took up martial arts.
External threats don't scare me anymore. All my fears are on the inside.

>Before MA: Fantasized about wearing chainmail, bulletproof jacket and a concealed gun and knife when traveling in large cities.
>After MA: Fantasized about kicking niggers teeth in with my bare feet and strangling them with my socks.
>>
File: 1443337999963.jpg (74KB, 900x653px) Image search: [Google]
1443337999963.jpg
74KB, 900x653px
>>26263170
I love being in the dark, ultimate separation from fucking normies and the few that do are usually drunk/useless so it's prime territory to fuck with them.

Pic related, me when I'm standing in your pitch-black room.
>>
Nope, the dark is where I feel most comfortable now.

Oddly enough from the time I was really young I got over those sorts of things I feared the most by becoming them.
>>
>>26263497
It really isn't the thing that can be helped in that way.

Starting to think it can't be helped at all.
>>
>>26263170
I used to be
then the tv got annoying so i used a light
then the light got annoying and it was too quiet so i used a fan
it's the silence i can't stand
>>
I live innawoods so I generally fear an alien will abduct me and I'll never be looked for if I walk out at night.

Downside tothe rural preservation living I guess.
>>
Yes, always.

We leave a lot of lights on at night "so the kids can find our room" but both I and my husband know it's because I don't want to be caught in the dark for any period of time.

I also leave the tv in our bedroom on all night. Used to put it on the sleep timer but I'd wake up in the dark and panic.
>>
I used to be scared in the dark because my mom spooked me once when i was a little person.
somehow i kinda realised it was a very irrational fear and i got over it
>>
>>26263596
>that fucking pic
Why would you do this??
>>
File: 1445557807892.gif (465KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1445557807892.gif
465KB, 900x1200px
>>26263802
Sorry anon, here's a doll you can sleep with to feel better.
>>
>>26263907
Thanks anon. That's a cute doll.
>>
>>26263689
Are you afraid of the darkness itself, or something that lurks in the darkness?

Monsters and ninjas can be killed, demons can be exorcized, ghosts and shades can be blown away and pests can be killed, trapped or poisoned.
The only difference between a light room and a dark room is the amount of waves and photons.

The point I was trying to make with fighting is that it gives you IDGaF levels of confidence. When you don't fear pain and you don't fear death, there's not much anyone/thing can do to bother you.
>>
>>26264571
I'd say it's both because I am an eternal child.
>>
>>26264571
People who dont fear death haven't thought about it enough yet.
>>
>>26264708
This desu, also if they think nothing happens and aren't scared, they haven't comprehended infinite in any sense.
>>
I'm not scared of the dark but I am scared of thieves and government social engineering experiments.
>>
>>26263170
>Is anyone else absolutely terrified of the dark?

used to be when i was a kid but as i grew older while dying inside a little more each day, eventually i just stopped giving a fuck. no ghosts or spoopy shit has ever happened in my life, and even if it suddenly did what the fuck would it even do to me? kill me? it'd be doing me a favor lmfao
>>
>>26263170
I used to be afraid of the dark, but I eventually had a turning point in my life. I conquered all my fears after I was no longer afraid of death.

Anyway, I began to like the dark. Night time is more peaceful, less people around, less noise, moonlight is not harsh like the sun, etc. I used to hang around a junkyard playing vidya online outside at night with my handheld (complicated story.) What glorious nights those were.
>>
I used to be terrified of the dark until I started going into the garage in the middle of the night and try to think of the most horrifying thoughts and images in my mind. After doing this several times until I got bored and went inside I eventually stopped being afraid
>>
>>26266653
This sounds like it would be debilitating and cause me to run inside crying like a little girl.
>>
>>26266717
Exposure therapy works well actually, getting yourself to do it is hard but once you do it, it gets easier.
>>
File: 1gTi1QL.jpg (154KB, 840x836px) Image search: [Google]
1gTi1QL.jpg
154KB, 840x836px
I love the dark and absolutely hate sunlight or any light for that matter. Not trying to be edgy. shit gets too bright and too hot where i live so most times i hate going outside. i live with all my blinds closed and my room is only illuminated by one or two lamps alongside my computer monitor. i honestly wish i could get a nighttime job but not many places offer such opportunities at good pay.
>>
>>26263170
My life desu
>>
>>26263250
>why that shadow is shaped oddly like a fucking person

Same dude.

It's the fucking eye games the darkness does to you.

As for me OP, I used to have a big room and would leave all my doors open and that was creepy as fuck. It helped that I closed all the doors so I couldn't see into the pitch black. Or maybe get a smaller room?

Less chance of you imagining what's in the dark if you've got good spatial awareness and know where everything is at. That's what I do now.
>>
>>26267289
My room isn't too large and I do know where everything is, but it doesn't make much difference.

I still think my best bet is getting a night light.
>>
>>26267512
But then the shadows senpai...

They move in strange ways.
>>
>>26267636
Depends on where the light is placed and if it's you making the movements. Night lights can illuminate a room well enough so you can see everything.
>>
File: 1440911305185.jpg (498KB, 1043x1516px) Image search: [Google]
1440911305185.jpg
498KB, 1043x1516px
>wave knife around at night just begging a spook to try shit with me
I wouldn't say im exactly scared but definitely something wrong with me
>>
did shrooms one time and became friends with the dark in a transcendental experience
>>
Honestly fnords are scarier than the night fnord.
>>
>Scared of the dark until I was 17
>Still wet the bed to this day (in uni)
>Still have nightmares
>Get horribly low amounts of sleep since I'll often wake up in the middle of the night
Welp
>>
>>26263249
>tfw modern electronics always have a fucking light on them

I ended up covering a bunch of them with electrical tape so I could sleep.
>>
>>26263170
You're not afraid of the dark. You're afraid of what could be in it.
>>
I totally get that OP, I used to be a fiend for /x/ content and I've permenantly spooked myself because of it. Whenever I'm in the dark I have to keep repeating "nothing supernatural exists in this world, it's likely that someone is trying to rob me atm, that noise was probably just X thing, etc"
It helps to try to rationalize and force your brain to realize you're not in danger
>>
File: 1435180093169.png (327KB, 585x612px) Image search: [Google]
1435180093169.png
327KB, 585x612px
I'm not terrified of the dark, but I'm petrified of people being able to see me when I can't see them.

>walking at night under street lights with really large and pitch black open areas that someone could stand in
>being in a weird situation where I can't turn around to see if someone is staring at me
>laying in bed in the middle of the night browsing the internet on my phone and someone peeking through the blinds

And the absolute worst of all
>being inside a well lit house at night when there's nothing blocking the windows
>>
File: Very.png (100KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Very.png
100KB, 750x600px
>>26270100
Are we gonna cebruzpost?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.